Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone like bribs?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@Falinks Welp, I actually know my birds (only lovebirds and green cheek conures. Maybe possibly I know a thing or two about Indian Ringnecks.) I've been hooked since I was really little. And I mean REALLY little. I was obsessed with penguins. I do remember my mom telling me about this one time when she brought me to a nature preserve and we saw two strange looking 'ducks'. And I told her, "See that, mommy? Those are mergansers!" She's thinking, "Pfft, yeah right" We get home, she sits on the couch and googles what kind of bird we saw: [img]https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/assets/photo/63910041-480px.jpg[/img] Turns out I was right, they were hooded mergansers. My mom calls me the 'bird expert' of my family because I know so much about birds. Since we're all under quarantine and I'm still in school, we do school subjects at home. I decided to research parrots on World Parrot Trust (they have plenty of info on parrots). I told my mom so and she said, "Don't you know enough about birds already?" Pfft no, that's never gonna happen. Anyway, wood carving is awesome! I'm more into doodling stuff including my dragons here on FR. I've been interested in needle felting, but never tried due to this PANDEMIC, so yeah. I like how you express their emotions like that! How do you do it! I assume that you're quite observant! I have Bald Eagles around here (I live in the Eastern US), that like to nest near the Potomac River. I do also have a pair of Red Shouldered Hawks near my house! How do I know? They scream near my house. We also get plenty of soft-billed birds at our feeders including Black Capped Chickadees, House Sparrows, Carolina Wrens, Northern Cardinals, House Finches, Tufted Titmice, Gold Finches and occasionally a Purple Finch or two. Have you ever held a bird egg? Have you noticed how delicate that tiny thing feels? Knowing that a tiny being might me living inside? This is what I always notice. I even once, chose the life of a small tiny Grey Catbird chick over my friend's beagle dog, who attacked the poor thing. He died 30 or mins later. I buried him, and to this day I still visit his grave in my yard marked with a large, flat stone. Sorry that got a little sentimental there. :p
@Falinks
Welp, I actually know my birds (only lovebirds and green cheek conures. Maybe possibly I know a thing or two about Indian Ringnecks.) I've been hooked since I was really little. And I mean REALLY little. I was obsessed with penguins. I do remember my mom telling me about this one time when she brought me to a nature preserve and we saw two strange looking 'ducks'. And I told her, "See that, mommy? Those are mergansers!" She's thinking, "Pfft, yeah right" We get home, she sits on the couch and googles what kind of bird we saw:
63910041-480px.jpg
Turns out I was right, they were hooded mergansers. My mom calls me the 'bird expert' of my family because I know so much about birds. Since we're all under quarantine and I'm still in school, we do school subjects at home. I decided to research parrots on World Parrot Trust (they have plenty of info on parrots). I told my mom so and she said, "Don't you know enough about birds already?" Pfft no, that's never gonna happen. Anyway, wood carving is awesome! I'm more into doodling stuff including my dragons here on FR. I've been interested in needle felting, but never tried due to this PANDEMIC, so yeah. I like how you express their emotions like that! How do you do it! I assume that you're quite observant! I have Bald Eagles around here (I live in the Eastern US), that like to nest near the Potomac River. I do also have a pair of Red Shouldered Hawks near my house! How do I know? They scream near my house. We also get plenty of soft-billed birds at our feeders including Black Capped Chickadees, House Sparrows, Carolina Wrens, Northern Cardinals, House Finches, Tufted Titmice, Gold Finches and occasionally a Purple Finch or two. Have you ever held a bird egg? Have you noticed how delicate that tiny thing feels? Knowing that a tiny being might me living inside? This is what I always notice. I even once, chose the life of a small tiny Grey Catbird chick over my friend's beagle dog, who attacked the poor thing. He died 30 or mins later. I buried him, and to this day I still visit his grave in my yard marked with a large, flat stone. Sorry that got a little sentimental there. :p
Love me some birds, specifically parrots. Who knew so much soul could fit in such a small body? In particular, I love Lovebirds (heh), they're just lil' feathery mangoes! I wish I could get one but alas, not in these times (or anytime soon for that matter, I'm fine with observing Lovebird owners. [img]https://i.redd.it/ixvdvuiv1oi41.jpg[/img]
Love me some birds, specifically parrots. Who knew so much soul could fit in such a small body? In particular, I love Lovebirds (heh), they're just lil' feathery mangoes! I wish I could get one but alas, not in these times (or anytime soon for that matter, I'm fine with observing Lovebird owners.

ixvdvuiv1oi41.jpg
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
@PeptoBizmo
You love lovebirds too?? I have 7 of them (coming soon) being held for me by my friend @YeetYeetBrib! If you are familiar with the mutations and breeds, cool! If not, also cool! I have 2 Fischer's (Finley and Firefly. Both males.), 2 Masked (Ratchet and Jade. Brother and sister.), and 3 Peach Faced (Ivy, Willow, and Lily. All female.) Their big sister (Summer, a Green Cheek Conure.) even broods them! It's so nice to know there's a fellow Lovebird lover! :) A thing I love about them is that they are so sweet (in particular Peach Faced). These lovebirds where raised together since hatching too, so that's nice!
@PeptoBizmo
You love lovebirds too?? I have 7 of them (coming soon) being held for me by my friend @YeetYeetBrib! If you are familiar with the mutations and breeds, cool! If not, also cool! I have 2 Fischer's (Finley and Firefly. Both males.), 2 Masked (Ratchet and Jade. Brother and sister.), and 3 Peach Faced (Ivy, Willow, and Lily. All female.) Their big sister (Summer, a Green Cheek Conure.) even broods them! It's so nice to know there's a fellow Lovebird lover! :) A thing I love about them is that they are so sweet (in particular Peach Faced). These lovebirds where raised together since hatching too, so that's nice!
@EnderGuardian Eden sounds adorable! Some of Twitch's favorite phrases are:
"Hi."
"I wanna go bye bye"
"No."
"Yaba daba do"
"I'm a pretty bird."
"Go away."
"Peekaboo."
he says peekaboo in a higher pitch than any of his other phrases and it's adorable

and some of his recent phrases are:
"[insert my brothers name here] bye bye"
"Baby boy."
"What are you doing?"
"Goblin man."
"I'm baby"
"Peekaboo go bye bye"
"Step up."
he also says some curse words occasionally

He's quite a little goblin, but we love him all the same.
@EnderGuardian Eden sounds adorable! Some of Twitch's favorite phrases are:
"Hi."
"I wanna go bye bye"
"No."
"Yaba daba do"
"I'm a pretty bird."
"Go away."
"Peekaboo."
he says peekaboo in a higher pitch than any of his other phrases and it's adorable

and some of his recent phrases are:
"[insert my brothers name here] bye bye"
"Baby boy."
"What are you doing?"
"Goblin man."
"I'm baby"
"Peekaboo go bye bye"
"Step up."
he also says some curse words occasionally

He's quite a little goblin, but we love him all the same.
615i00.png
Fr blog | Adopts | Skins
Fr + 0
oru7s0.png
I JUST GOT A NEW LOVEBIRD,
ANYONE HAVE NAMES FOR HER PLZ???
I JUST GOT A NEW LOVEBIRD,
ANYONE HAVE NAMES FOR HER PLZ???
[quote name="@EnderGuardian" date="2020-03-26 06:58:20" ] @/PeptoBizmo You love lovebirds too?? I have 7 of them (coming soon) being held for me by my friend @/YeetYeetBrib! If you are familiar with the mutations and breeds, cool! If not, also cool! I have 2 Fischer's (Finley and Firefly. Both males.), 2 Masked (Ratchet and Jade. Brother and sister.), and 3 Peach Faced (Ivy, Willow, and Lily. All female.) Their big sister (Summer, a Green Cheek Conure.) even broods them! It's so nice to know there's a fellow Lovebird lover! :) A thing I love about them is that they are so sweet (in particular Peach Faced). These lovebirds where raised together since hatching too, so that's nice! [/quote] Oh my.. so many!! If you could PM me some pics that's be nice! Also, how can people [i]not[/i] love lovebirds? it's in the name!
@EnderGuardian wrote on 2020-03-26 06:58:20:
@/PeptoBizmo
You love lovebirds too?? I have 7 of them (coming soon) being held for me by my friend @/YeetYeetBrib! If you are familiar with the mutations and breeds, cool! If not, also cool! I have 2 Fischer's (Finley and Firefly. Both males.), 2 Masked (Ratchet and Jade. Brother and sister.), and 3 Peach Faced (Ivy, Willow, and Lily. All female.) Their big sister (Summer, a Green Cheek Conure.) even broods them! It's so nice to know there's a fellow Lovebird lover! :) A thing I love about them is that they are so sweet (in particular Peach Faced). These lovebirds where raised together since hatching too, so that's nice!

Oh my.. so many!! If you could PM me some pics that's be nice! Also, how can people not love lovebirds? it's in the name!
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
@Spuk
Ooh boy, Max the moluccan also does the same (you know, when we slip them out of our mouths and they just mimic them?). But, trust me when I say, birds are too cute to stay mad at for long!
@Spuk
Ooh boy, Max the moluccan also does the same (you know, when we slip them out of our mouths and they just mimic them?). But, trust me when I say, birds are too cute to stay mad at for long!
Ima birb nerd.
So
In kindergarten, u know dose bird watching field trips, roit?
We went all the way to washington dc, next to a creek with LOADS of cattails...
Everyone was loike, "O look its chicken little"
And im loike: "Dats a male red winged blackbird"
OF COURSE DEY DIDN"T BELIEVE ME because the name sounded unreal...
and den, we continued
THE BIRDS I LISTED:
Killdeer
Cooper's hawk
Red-tailed hawk
Red winged blackbird
American robin
northern cardinal
carolina wren
people STILL DIDN"T BELIEVE ME on the way to school from da bus :(
Then the teacher googled it up at class...

Astonishment arosed...

the first age i got meh second bird was when I was 3.
he was a male hyacinth macaw, and MY DID I LOVE HIM. Max, MY LOUD SCREAMING moluccan, um...
he hatched 3 minutes right after i was born!
then came loike 30 more birds
and
My uncle hates people who neglect birds. he always brings in neglected birds, and we keep them in huge aviaries. Yes, we have 4 homes to split da aviaries in. Me and my cousin's house have the largest population...
I started tagging birds when I was 5, which den I tagged a female meadowlark with an electric tagger.
I usually practice tagging with my ducks and chickens.
My quail just laid a fertile egg, I named it button, because unlike the mottled quail eggs, this one was white..
I will send pics of the baby when it hatches!
Ima birb nerd.
So
In kindergarten, u know dose bird watching field trips, roit?
We went all the way to washington dc, next to a creek with LOADS of cattails...
Everyone was loike, "O look its chicken little"
And im loike: "Dats a male red winged blackbird"
OF COURSE DEY DIDN"T BELIEVE ME because the name sounded unreal...
and den, we continued
THE BIRDS I LISTED:
Killdeer
Cooper's hawk
Red-tailed hawk
Red winged blackbird
American robin
northern cardinal
carolina wren
people STILL DIDN"T BELIEVE ME on the way to school from da bus :(
Then the teacher googled it up at class...

Astonishment arosed...

the first age i got meh second bird was when I was 3.
he was a male hyacinth macaw, and MY DID I LOVE HIM. Max, MY LOUD SCREAMING moluccan, um...
he hatched 3 minutes right after i was born!
then came loike 30 more birds
and
My uncle hates people who neglect birds. he always brings in neglected birds, and we keep them in huge aviaries. Yes, we have 4 homes to split da aviaries in. Me and my cousin's house have the largest population...
I started tagging birds when I was 5, which den I tagged a female meadowlark with an electric tagger.
I usually practice tagging with my ducks and chickens.
My quail just laid a fertile egg, I named it button, because unlike the mottled quail eggs, this one was white..
I will send pics of the baby when it hatches!
MAX JUST SAID A BAD WORD TO ME THIS MORNING!
idk why ,but he usually does that...
and he bit my cousin for taking him to the vet XD
I can't stop laughing about it...

O AND I AM SENDING PICTURES OF MOST OF MY BIRDS TOMORROW!!!
MAX JUST SAID A BAD WORD TO ME THIS MORNING!
idk why ,but he usually does that...
and he bit my cousin for taking him to the vet XD
I can't stop laughing about it...

O AND I AM SENDING PICTURES OF MOST OF MY BIRDS TOMORROW!!!
@Spuk
Eden doesn't cuss, but she imitates siri.
She is 7 years old, and she's adopted.
I adopted her the day before my birthday.
she did start saying "Want some almonds" and more
And when u say hey eden,
This is wut she says:
"Siri beeps"
"Hello, how can i help u?"
Then u say anything (It doesn't matter)
then
"Ok, found google results for.."
"WANT AN ALMOND!"
She's a little jokester
What's your bird's favorite treat???

my macaws love oranges, and stuff loike nuts.
My cockatiels and budgies, and finches, dey loike millet, cuz who doesn't.
Max, my cockatoo... umm... he just eats anything, as he isn't a picky eater. My cousin gives him coconut flesh as a training treat, but it's already in his food bowl.
The best for conures would be wet fruits, like oranges.
Cinnamon, one of my cockatiels, SHE LUVS BANANAS MORE DAN MILLET>..
Eden loves almonds, cashews, and papaya.

If you are wishing for adopting a parrot from my uncle, visit us at PHOENIX LANDING.
But, if you are more experienced like me, or if you like falconry,
My uncle does have adoptable birds of prey that were neglected :(
For that, go to THE PEREGRINE FUND.
@Spuk
Eden doesn't cuss, but she imitates siri.
She is 7 years old, and she's adopted.
I adopted her the day before my birthday.
she did start saying "Want some almonds" and more
And when u say hey eden,
This is wut she says:
"Siri beeps"
"Hello, how can i help u?"
Then u say anything (It doesn't matter)
then
"Ok, found google results for.."
"WANT AN ALMOND!"
She's a little jokester
What's your bird's favorite treat???

my macaws love oranges, and stuff loike nuts.
My cockatiels and budgies, and finches, dey loike millet, cuz who doesn't.
Max, my cockatoo... umm... he just eats anything, as he isn't a picky eater. My cousin gives him coconut flesh as a training treat, but it's already in his food bowl.
The best for conures would be wet fruits, like oranges.
Cinnamon, one of my cockatiels, SHE LUVS BANANAS MORE DAN MILLET>..
Eden loves almonds, cashews, and papaya.

If you are wishing for adopting a parrot from my uncle, visit us at PHOENIX LANDING.
But, if you are more experienced like me, or if you like falconry,
My uncle does have adoptable birds of prey that were neglected :(
For that, go to THE PEREGRINE FUND.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12