Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Lair Improvement Challenge!
I have a ton of dragons, many of which are not the best or prettiest. My lair has become a bit of a haven for the wayward and not in a good way. So I put all my dragons and failed breeding projects together and I will be steadily chopping away the ugly until I've got a lair of beautiful, rare dragons. The rules I've set myself are strange and they're going to make it much more difficult than simply breeding the dragons I like and exalting the ones I don't. Like a Pinkerlocke, it relies on Pinkerton drops to decide the actions. Feel free to use them. Here are the rules: [quote=rules] Start with a lair tab of dragons. This can be an amalgamation of all of your dragons if you really wanna take on the whole batch, or a few you've selected that you're not too happy with and would like to turn into something cool. You can even buy dragons specifically for the challenge. Whatever you like. Your goal is to work with these dragons until the whole gang is fully gened, nicely colored, dressed up in apparel and filled with lore. That's right. This challenge is going to take a while and be quite expensive. (To be honest, I've designed this challenge so it's almost impossible to win because I personally don't want to win. I just want to keep working towards something. If that's not something you want to do, you should change some rules) Specific Rules: [LIST=1] [*] You cannot exalt a dragon unless the game allows you to. Meaning, you can't just exalt the uglies and keep the pretties. Which dragons you're stuck with is not up to you. [*] If you can breed, you must breed. The dragons you breed will be chosen randomly by dice, coin or RNG. (this rule of course doesn't count if you have breeding projects or other things you want to use those nests for outside of the challenge.) [*] You may move dragons into the hibernal den at any time and withdraw them whenever you like. A hibernating dragon is considered removed from the challenge until they're placed back in the lair. [*] You can take a break at any time or break any of these rules as you see fit. No judgement here. [/LIST] Now that we've got the do's and do not's out of the way, time for the Pinkerton portion of this palooza. You can either use these assignments or come up with your own. [center][b]Apparel[/b][/center] If you get apparel, then that means dress up! Randomly select a dragon and give them some apparel. [center][b]Material[/b][/center] Materials call for a skin or accent to be added to a random dragon. If you don't have enough treasure or gems for that, then give them some apparel. [center][b]Trinket[/b][/center] Gene or use a scroll on a random dragon. This can also be used to breed dragons, if you're not using the 'breed whenever you can' rule. If you can't gene, scroll or breed, then give them some lore. [center][b]Familiar[/b][/center] Buy a new dragon! Buy any dragon you want from the first page of the auction house! [center][b]Battle Item[/b][/center] Exalt or sell one random dragon. [center][b]Meat or Seafood[/b][/center] If you get meat or seafood, then check how many food points it has and do that many rounds in the coliseum with a random team of dragons. If a dragon faints, exalt or sell it. [center][b]Plants or Insects[/b][/center] Lore! If you get an insect, then write some more for a random dragon that details their story, personality and life. The food points of the insect decides how many sentences you have to write. If you get a plant, then you write fact-style. For example, you could decide a dragon's favorite color, or their least favorite smell. However many food points the plant was will decide the number of facts you write. You can either give every sentence or fact of that day to one dragon, or split them between randomly chosen dragons. Whichever you'd rather do. [center][b][u]Now what to do when eggs hatch?[/u][/b][/center] We can't just let any hatchling into your lair, especially if you want to turn it into a world of fabulous dragons. An ugly hatchling will slow you down. But how do you decide which hatchlings are ugly? Look at them objectively? Judge them based on which traits of their parents they hold? Nah, we'll do it by random chance. Or, mostly random chance. When you have a new batch of hatchlings in your lair and you've got to decide if they're worthy of your attention, simply use an RNG to choose which of these standards you will judge them against. With your randomly selected goal that the hatchlings have to meet (or else, yeet) it'll make it easy to decide who goes and who stays. You can pick a random standard for each individual, or use a single one to judge a whole group if you want. [LIST=1] [*] They must have a primary gene. (Bye bye basics) [*] They must have a secondary gene [*] They must have a tertiary gene [*] Their primary gene must be the rarer of their parent's genes (if the parents have the same gene, or genes of the same rarity, then the hatchling is considered good) [*] Their secondary gene must be the rarer of their parent's gene (see number four) [*] Their tertiary gene must be the rarer of their parent's genes (see number four) [*] They must have a good color scheme. This means, if you find them attractive, they're good. If not, bye bye. [*] Their colors must all the different shades of the same color. This can be intepreted however you like. Does teal count as blue? Does pink count as red? Does orange count as yellow? That's up to you. [*] At least two of their colors must be shades of the same color. [*] They must be the rarer breed of their parent's. (If parents are the same breed, or breed rarity, they pass automatically) [*] Their eyes cannot be common. [*] They must have the same primary color as one of their parents. [*] They must have the same secondary color as one of their parents. [*] They must have the same tertiary color as one of their parents. [*] They must be XXY, XYX, or XYY. (Or XXX, if possible) [/LIST] This challenge ends either when you run out of dragons, or all of the dragons are fully gened, provided with lore, fully outfitted in apparel and you're happy with them. [/quote] Feel free to reply to this thread with your thoughts. Also, check out my lair and pick your favorite of the dragons. I will make them my avatar and they will be immune to death until the avatar changes.
I have a ton of dragons, many of which are not the best or prettiest. My lair has become a bit of a haven for the wayward and not in a good way. So I put all my dragons and failed breeding projects together and I will be steadily chopping away the ugly until I've got a lair of beautiful, rare dragons.

The rules I've set myself are strange and they're going to make it much more difficult than simply breeding the dragons I like and exalting the ones I don't. Like a Pinkerlocke, it relies on Pinkerton drops to decide the actions. Feel free to use them. Here are the rules:

rules wrote:

Start with a lair tab of dragons. This can be an amalgamation of all of your dragons if you really wanna take on the whole batch, or a few you've selected that you're not too happy with and would like to turn into something cool. You can even buy dragons specifically for the challenge. Whatever you like.

Your goal is to work with these dragons until the whole gang is fully gened, nicely colored, dressed up in apparel and filled with lore. That's right. This challenge is going to take a while and be quite expensive.

(To be honest, I've designed this challenge so it's almost impossible to win because I personally don't want to win. I just want to keep working towards something. If that's not something you want to do, you should change some rules)

Specific Rules:
  1. You cannot exalt a dragon unless the game allows you to. Meaning, you can't just exalt the uglies and keep the pretties. Which dragons you're stuck with is not up to you.
  2. If you can breed, you must breed. The dragons you breed will be chosen randomly by dice, coin or RNG. (this rule of course doesn't count if you have breeding projects or other things you want to use those nests for outside of the challenge.)
  3. You may move dragons into the hibernal den at any time and withdraw them whenever you like. A hibernating dragon is considered removed from the challenge until they're placed back in the lair.
  4. You can take a break at any time or break any of these rules as you see fit. No judgement here.

Now that we've got the do's and do not's out of the way, time for the Pinkerton portion of this palooza. You can either use these assignments or come up with your own.
Apparel

If you get apparel, then that means dress up! Randomly select a dragon and give them some apparel.
Material

Materials call for a skin or accent to be added to a random dragon. If you don't have enough treasure or gems for that, then give them some apparel.
Trinket

Gene or use a scroll on a random dragon. This can also be used to breed dragons, if you're not using the 'breed whenever you can' rule. If you can't gene, scroll or breed, then give them some lore.
Familiar

Buy a new dragon! Buy any dragon you want from the first page of the auction house!
Battle Item

Exalt or sell one random dragon.
Meat or Seafood

If you get meat or seafood, then check how many food points it has and do that many rounds in the coliseum with a random team of dragons. If a dragon faints, exalt or sell it.
Plants or Insects

Lore! If you get an insect, then write some more for a random dragon that details their story, personality and life. The food points of the insect decides how many sentences you have to write.

If you get a plant, then you write fact-style. For example, you could decide a dragon's favorite color, or their least favorite smell. However many food points the plant was will decide the number of facts you write.

You can either give every sentence or fact of that day to one dragon, or split them between randomly chosen dragons. Whichever you'd rather do.
Now what to do when eggs hatch?

We can't just let any hatchling into your lair, especially if you want to turn it into a world of fabulous dragons. An ugly hatchling will slow you down. But how do you decide which hatchlings are ugly? Look at them objectively? Judge them based on which traits of their parents they hold? Nah, we'll do it by random chance. Or, mostly random chance.

When you have a new batch of hatchlings in your lair and you've got to decide if they're worthy of your attention, simply use an RNG to choose which of these standards you will judge them against. With your randomly selected goal that the hatchlings have to meet (or else, yeet) it'll make it easy to decide who goes and who stays. You can pick a random standard for each individual, or use a single one to judge a whole group if you want.
  1. They must have a primary gene. (Bye bye basics)
  2. They must have a secondary gene
  3. They must have a tertiary gene
  4. Their primary gene must be the rarer of their parent's genes (if the parents have the same gene, or genes of the same rarity, then the hatchling is considered good)
  5. Their secondary gene must be the rarer of their parent's gene (see number four)
  6. Their tertiary gene must be the rarer of their parent's genes (see number four)
  7. They must have a good color scheme. This means, if you find them attractive, they're good. If not, bye bye.
  8. Their colors must all the different shades of the same color. This can be intepreted however you like. Does teal count as blue? Does pink count as red? Does orange count as yellow? That's up to you.
  9. At least two of their colors must be shades of the same color.
  10. They must be the rarer breed of their parent's. (If parents are the same breed, or breed rarity, they pass automatically)
  11. Their eyes cannot be common.
  12. They must have the same primary color as one of their parents.
  13. They must have the same secondary color as one of their parents.
  14. They must have the same tertiary color as one of their parents.
  15. They must be XXY, XYX, or XYY. (Or XXX, if possible)

This challenge ends either when you run out of dragons, or all of the dragons are fully gened, provided with lore, fully outfitted in apparel and you're happy with them.

Feel free to reply to this thread with your thoughts. Also, check out my lair and pick your favorite of the dragons. I will make them my avatar and they will be immune to death until the avatar changes.
Some of today's improvements: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/489500808090746893/683346296811028498/57591230_350.png[/img] Lucian got a new gene! Finally! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/489500808090746893/683346296555569176/59313474_350.png[/img] And I've given Seacrest a skin. I don't really like how skins hide the genes of the dragon, but since she is double basic, I'll keep the skin on until she's pretty.
Some of today's improvements:

57591230_350.png

Lucian got a new gene! Finally!

59313474_350.png

And I've given Seacrest a skin. I don't really like how skins hide the genes of the dragon, but since she is double basic, I'll keep the skin on until she's pretty.
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/489500808090746893/685887899350204435/59313468_350.png[/img] Carnel gets an accent!
59313468_350.png

Carnel gets an accent!