Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wildclaw Pack Name suggestions?
I want to make a pack of wild claws based on the Indoraptor from Jurassic world, since I want to start a breeding project for indo-wildclaws and for rare eyes like Primal and Swirl.

Although, I'm stuck on pack names.. any suggestions? I would like something that is related to the nature element or the jungle.. but any other names are fine as well!
I want to make a pack of wild claws based on the Indoraptor from Jurassic world, since I want to start a breeding project for indo-wildclaws and for rare eyes like Primal and Swirl.

Although, I'm stuck on pack names.. any suggestions? I would like something that is related to the nature element or the jungle.. but any other names are fine as well!
Please view and click my eggs/dragons!

https://dragcave.net/user/Lilademon

sm-vo.gif
https://finaloutpost.net/visit/Lilademon

Obelisk and Fae Lover
@Lilademonnn

One method: go to a thesaurus and type in variations on "destroy" and "kill" and then take the words you like and make them nouns.

Then you end up with names like the Maimers, the Razers, the Butchers, and the Ravishers. Which sound like sport team names or ragtag bands of pirates. You could just call them 'the Raptors' but that may be too on the nose.

Other method: name them after poisonous plants.

The Deadly Nightshades, the Yarrows, the Monkshood Band, the Poison Oak Gang. The internet will have a list of others.
@Lilademonnn

One method: go to a thesaurus and type in variations on "destroy" and "kill" and then take the words you like and make them nouns.

Then you end up with names like the Maimers, the Razers, the Butchers, and the Ravishers. Which sound like sport team names or ragtag bands of pirates. You could just call them 'the Raptors' but that may be too on the nose.

The Deadly Nightshades, the Yarrows, the Monkshood Band, the Poison Oak Gang. The internet will have a list of others.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
[quote name="Iokharic" date="2020-02-04 15:39:38" ] @Lilademonnn One method: go to a thesaurus and type in variations on "destroy" and "kill" and then take the words you like and make them nouns. Then you end up with names like the Maimers, the Razers, the Butchers, and the Ravishers. Which sound like sport team names or ragtag bands of pirates. You could just call them 'the Raptors' but that may be too on the nose. Other method: name them after poisonous plants. The Deadly Nightshades, the Yarrows, the Monkshood Band, the Poison Oak Gang. The internet will have a list of others. [/quote] I second the poisonous plant suggestion. My theme for naming my IRL pet mice is plant names, and two I had a couple years ago were named Jessamine (a plant that deceptively looks like honeysuckle, which has edible nectar, but Yellow Jessamine is highly toxic) and Sweetclover (adapted from sweet clover, a plant that is not toxic by itself, but becomes deadly when it's left out to dry as livestock feed due to a fungus that grows on it). If you go with the poisonous plant route, I'd recommend just searching "poisonous plants" on Google. You could go with either the common name or the scientific name. Alternatively, there are poisonous mushrooms with cool names. The common name for [I]Amanita virosa[/I] is "Destroying Angel." Although it sounds more like it would be the name of a 1940s biker gang, I could see a pack of raptors called the Destroying Angels (it might be more fitting for an elegant/regal theme than forest/jungle theme though).
Iokharic wrote on 2020-02-04 15:39:38:
@Lilademonnn

I second the poisonous plant suggestion. My theme for naming my IRL pet mice is plant names, and two I had a couple years ago were named Jessamine (a plant that deceptively looks like honeysuckle, which has edible nectar, but Yellow Jessamine is highly toxic) and Sweetclover (adapted from sweet clover, a plant that is not toxic by itself, but becomes deadly when it's left out to dry as livestock feed due to a fungus that grows on it).

If you go with the poisonous plant route, I'd recommend just searching "poisonous plants" on Google. You could go with either the common name or the scientific name. Alternatively, there are poisonous mushrooms with cool names. The common name for Amanita virosa is "Destroying Angel." Although it sounds more like it would be the name of a 1940s biker gang, I could see a pack of raptors called the Destroying Angels (it might be more fitting for an elegant/regal theme than forest/jungle theme though).
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
@Namira I could try the poison plant theme, it would probably fit with the whole Indoraptor thing

Although nowadays it's kinda hard to find contour wildclaws that are cheap
@Namira I could try the poison plant theme, it would probably fit with the whole Indoraptor thing

Although nowadays it's kinda hard to find contour wildclaws that are cheap
Please view and click my eggs/dragons!

https://dragcave.net/user/Lilademon

sm-vo.gif
https://finaloutpost.net/visit/Lilademon

Obelisk and Fae Lover
Hemlock Flock

Idk? But Hemlock is a cool plant that looks nice and is deadly.
Hemlock Flock

Idk? But Hemlock is a cool plant that looks nice and is deadly.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png