Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ode to Oen Peice
1 2 3 4 5 6
@MrPrince

It wasn't worth the wait. Not at all. And that's the sad thing about it because special episodes are supposed to be better than regular episodes. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CALLED SPECIAL. The anime is crap nowadays. The quality's been rapidly dropping after the time skip and it probably reached it's peak in Punk Hazard (oh GOD it was horrible). I've seen some clips from Dressrosa that look a little better but meh..I'm not too sure if the anime's worth it anymore.

But to lighten up the mood, I'm really looking forward to reading the manga. I've heard that Dressrosa is gonna be the best arc since Enies Lobby! If I could just get up from my lazy butt and actually read it.
@MrPrince

It wasn't worth the wait. Not at all. And that's the sad thing about it because special episodes are supposed to be better than regular episodes. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CALLED SPECIAL. The anime is crap nowadays. The quality's been rapidly dropping after the time skip and it probably reached it's peak in Punk Hazard (oh GOD it was horrible). I've seen some clips from Dressrosa that look a little better but meh..I'm not too sure if the anime's worth it anymore.

But to lighten up the mood, I'm really looking forward to reading the manga. I've heard that Dressrosa is gonna be the best arc since Enies Lobby! If I could just get up from my lazy butt and actually read it.
0Bj5jIf.pngshadow_banner.png2xpyKx7.png
~10 hours ahead of FR time~
@Roronoa Oh boy that's just adorable, matching icons too? If only me and my bro were cool nerds like you xD I'm fortunate enough though to have matching icons elsewhere with my nerd family on deviantart and various other sites. \o/

@Stevie12397 Yoooo, that's absolutely perfect. My older brother went off and called our late dog Zoro since three of his claws were black, while the rest were white. He ended up being a coward though haha

@Reiko Even though I've been up to date with the manga, I'm still around episode 590 in the anime, I have yet to watch the Merry episode since there hasn't been subbed yet.
It's such a shame though, from the clips and gifs I've seen it feels like Toei is using One Piece as a cash cow and thats the last thing I want to see. ;_;
@Roronoa Oh boy that's just adorable, matching icons too? If only me and my bro were cool nerds like you xD I'm fortunate enough though to have matching icons elsewhere with my nerd family on deviantart and various other sites. \o/

@Stevie12397 Yoooo, that's absolutely perfect. My older brother went off and called our late dog Zoro since three of his claws were black, while the rest were white. He ended up being a coward though haha

@Reiko Even though I've been up to date with the manga, I'm still around episode 590 in the anime, I have yet to watch the Merry episode since there hasn't been subbed yet.
It's such a shame though, from the clips and gifs I've seen it feels like Toei is using One Piece as a cash cow and thats the last thing I want to see. ;_;
Flamecaller-embersbanner.gif
@Reiko

Like with anything, they have short moments of good scenes, I mean there were a few in the Merry episode as well, amazing! But majority really aren't worth watching at all. I'd say manga is the definite route to take if you want to enjoy the series nowadays. Though watching some episodes here and there never hurts either.

Oh, you should! If the internet hasn't yet done it's best effort to spoil you, it's easy to say that yes - Dressrosa is much like the Water 7 and Enies Lobby. Definitely something to look forward to. When you will, I doubt you'll be stopping for a while :'D
@Reiko

Like with anything, they have short moments of good scenes, I mean there were a few in the Merry episode as well, amazing! But majority really aren't worth watching at all. I'd say manga is the definite route to take if you want to enjoy the series nowadays. Though watching some episodes here and there never hurts either.

Oh, you should! If the internet hasn't yet done it's best effort to spoil you, it's easy to say that yes - Dressrosa is much like the Water 7 and Enies Lobby. Definitely something to look forward to. When you will, I doubt you'll be stopping for a while :'D
Untitled-1.png
A while back, I think this morning, I saw some One Piece dragons, btw.
Anyone have some?

I ended up having a Cavendi Cabbage dragon.
A while back, I think this morning, I saw some One Piece dragons, btw.
Anyone have some?

I ended up having a Cavendi Cabbage dragon.
straw_hat_pirates_jolly_roger.png
@zetina I don't have any yet, but I did buy a dragon with the name Viola and I hadn't noticed until much later. xD And your Cabbage is hella, honestly can't get over him haha
@zetina I don't have any yet, but I did buy a dragon with the name Viola and I hadn't noticed until much later. xD And your Cabbage is hella, honestly can't get over him haha
Flamecaller-embersbanner.gif
It's not long before I'll have my fluffy Doflamingo and spiral Ramji
SOON

probably Dellinger as well eyyyy
It's not long before I'll have my fluffy Doflamingo and spiral Ramji
SOON

probably Dellinger as well eyyyy
Untitled-1.png
my dragons all have names from op characters except gifted ones haha

The problem with Naruto is that they try to change the animation with certain episodes and that ends up making a weird mix of quality, but the newest stuff is amazing and well, Uchihas are my babies so this whole arc is glorious for me hahaha

But for me the quality of the animation is not such a bad problem, anything that comes out has really bad quality moments until they get released in DVD/BluRay so I honestly don't care. There are lots of moments in lots of the series I watch that are like this, so one piece having a few doesn't bother me.

Besides the fights are always good and as MrPrince mentioned the voices are pretty amazing (I'm a huge fan of voice actors and Law's is one of my favourites haha)

And I haven't seen the Merry episode even though I have a good quality version of it, mostly because Merry's story is one I don't really want to re-live, but from the trailers it doesn't seem like it's the best of qualities but also not completely bad.

There are certain things that, as amazing as they are in the original format of the manga, they make so much more sense animated. Like the Colliseum for example, that bored the crap out of me in the manga but it's really easy to see what's going on and how the fights are going in the anime, and it made it so much more exciting for me. That's why I tend to watch and read the series I like actually, specially sports ones
my dragons all have names from op characters except gifted ones haha

The problem with Naruto is that they try to change the animation with certain episodes and that ends up making a weird mix of quality, but the newest stuff is amazing and well, Uchihas are my babies so this whole arc is glorious for me hahaha

But for me the quality of the animation is not such a bad problem, anything that comes out has really bad quality moments until they get released in DVD/BluRay so I honestly don't care. There are lots of moments in lots of the series I watch that are like this, so one piece having a few doesn't bother me.

Besides the fights are always good and as MrPrince mentioned the voices are pretty amazing (I'm a huge fan of voice actors and Law's is one of my favourites haha)

And I haven't seen the Merry episode even though I have a good quality version of it, mostly because Merry's story is one I don't really want to re-live, but from the trailers it doesn't seem like it's the best of qualities but also not completely bad.

There are certain things that, as amazing as they are in the original format of the manga, they make so much more sense animated. Like the Colliseum for example, that bored the crap out of me in the manga but it's really easy to see what's going on and how the fights are going in the anime, and it made it so much more exciting for me. That's why I tend to watch and read the series I like actually, specially sports ones
@Roronoa
I know what you mean! I had so much trouble following the Marineford war in the manga... No idea where anything was in relation to anything :'D Maybe I'll enjoy the coli more animated too.

@RedRoronoa
but how do u Viola ??? just make her spanish ???
(also yay thanks)

@MrPrince
there needs to be a giraffe gene
@Roronoa
I know what you mean! I had so much trouble following the Marineford war in the manga... No idea where anything was in relation to anything :'D Maybe I'll enjoy the coli more animated too.

@RedRoronoa
but how do u Viola ??? just make her spanish ???
(also yay thanks)

@MrPrince
there needs to be a giraffe gene
straw_hat_pirates_jolly_roger.png
@zetina the coliseum is actually really cool animated, so hopefully you like it!
@zetina the coliseum is actually really cool animated, so hopefully you like it!
@RedRoronoa

That's pretty much what's happening and I don't like it either. Toei is taking One Piece's popularity for granted and won't put any effort into the animation anymore. :<

@MrPrince

Yeah, you're right. I probably continue watching the anime anyway because I like the voice cast so much!

And I will be starting Dressrosa shortly, to my surprise I haven't been spoiled that much yet even though I spend so much time in tumblr.
@RedRoronoa

That's pretty much what's happening and I don't like it either. Toei is taking One Piece's popularity for granted and won't put any effort into the animation anymore. :<

@MrPrince

Yeah, you're right. I probably continue watching the anime anyway because I like the voice cast so much!

And I will be starting Dressrosa shortly, to my surprise I haven't been spoiled that much yet even though I spend so much time in tumblr.
0Bj5jIf.pngshadow_banner.png2xpyKx7.png
~10 hours ahead of FR time~
1 2 3 4 5 6