Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ode to Oen Peice
1 2 3 4 5 6
How far are you guys in the manga and/or anime? I've just finished Punk Hazard in both anime and manga but I've yet to start Dressrosa. I don't even know if I wanna continue the anime anymore since I've heard that it drags the plot so much. :v
How far are you guys in the manga and/or anime? I've just finished Punk Hazard in both anime and manga but I've yet to start Dressrosa. I don't even know if I wanna continue the anime anymore since I've heard that it drags the plot so much. :v
0Bj5jIf.pngshadow_banner.png2xpyKx7.png
~10 hours ahead of FR time~
I love One Piece... Love me some Lucci, Law, and Doflamingo! I have the manga books, for the arcs for CP9. Haven't been reading lately... Better start now! :D
I love One Piece... Love me some Lucci, Law, and Doflamingo! I have the manga books, for the arcs for CP9. Haven't been reading lately... Better start now! :D
C5V5o0z.png[/url]
@RedRoronoa Yiss Usopp's transformation was hilariously awesome!

I should read the manga, not really a fan of reading manga though the black/white/grey scale thing bugs my eyes so I can't look at it for long periods of time, my brain has also decided that non color comics and manga stuffs will flip flop so black will be where the white is and vice versa.
@RedRoronoa Yiss Usopp's transformation was hilariously awesome!

I should read the manga, not really a fan of reading manga though the black/white/grey scale thing bugs my eyes so I can't look at it for long periods of time, my brain has also decided that non color comics and manga stuffs will flip flop so black will be where the white is and vice versa.
oyTHbGN.png yKp0KRf.png N8sl46I.png
@Reiko
Most people are up-to date here so watch out for stray spoilers :'D
@Reiko
Most people are up-to date here so watch out for stray spoilers :'D
straw_hat_pirates_jolly_roger.png
@zetina

Hahah, I don't really mind spoilers. I'm already pretty familiar with the Dressrosa plot just from the bits I've heard around the internet. I can't wait to start reading the manga again though! I've heard nothing but great things about Dressrosa. I'm just lazy that's all. :'D
@zetina

Hahah, I don't really mind spoilers. I'm already pretty familiar with the Dressrosa plot just from the bits I've heard around the internet. I can't wait to start reading the manga again though! I've heard nothing but great things about Dressrosa. I'm just lazy that's all. :'D
@Reiko the anime doesn't drag too much compared to my other all time favourite shonen (GDI NARUTO) but it is a bit draggy, since it's showing something that in the manga happens really fast, but watching all the fights animated is amazing

@SpectrileBanner YES LUCCI LOVE he's my favourite CP9 and just favourite in general from Water Seven. And yes you should read, it's gotten pretty amazing lately.

@RedRoronoa I actually watch a lot of stuff with my sister! And she's in love with Luffy, has been since the start haha it's actually to the point that I have her contact info on my phone saved as Monkey D. Luffy and on hers I'm Portgas D. Ace, because we're nerds like that (with matching pictures and everything!)

@darkspookers Reading manga is hard at first but once you get used to it, it becomes really easy and well you'll be able to find even more amazing series that way, that's how I found my current sports favourite, with the manga haha
@Reiko the anime doesn't drag too much compared to my other all time favourite shonen (GDI NARUTO) but it is a bit draggy, since it's showing something that in the manga happens really fast, but watching all the fights animated is amazing

@SpectrileBanner YES LUCCI LOVE he's my favourite CP9 and just favourite in general from Water Seven. And yes you should read, it's gotten pretty amazing lately.

@RedRoronoa I actually watch a lot of stuff with my sister! And she's in love with Luffy, has been since the start haha it's actually to the point that I have her contact info on my phone saved as Monkey D. Luffy and on hers I'm Portgas D. Ace, because we're nerds like that (with matching pictures and everything!)

@darkspookers Reading manga is hard at first but once you get used to it, it becomes really easy and well you'll be able to find even more amazing series that way, that's how I found my current sports favourite, with the manga haha
I love One Piece so much I named my cat after Ace. His markings are called flame point so I found the name highly appropriate for him.
I love One Piece so much I named my cat after Ace. His markings are called flame point so I found the name highly appropriate for him.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngnature_sig.pngnatureanim_by_javen-d6bl015.gif
The anime is kinda cool but by Dressrosa I gave up on watching it, it doesn't look like they're even trying for quality nowadays compared to the earlier episodes, and that's saddening imo. Actually no, I lost faith in Toei slightly sooner - after Episode of Merry special.
Though I still keep an eye out for voices/ etc, that's interesting at least.

I'd honestly suggest switching to manga for anyone after Fishman Island xD
The anime is kinda cool but by Dressrosa I gave up on watching it, it doesn't look like they're even trying for quality nowadays compared to the earlier episodes, and that's saddening imo. Actually no, I lost faith in Toei slightly sooner - after Episode of Merry special.
Though I still keep an eye out for voices/ etc, that's interesting at least.

I'd honestly suggest switching to manga for anyone after Fishman Island xD
Untitled-1.png
@Roronoa

Oh god don't even talk to me about Naruto. I dropped the shippuuden pretty quickly because I got so bored. With One Piece the Fishman Island arc was pure agony to watch through because it dragged so much. :v

@MrPrince

I'm really disappointed at the Merry special. I hoped it'd be awesome but the animation was terrible compared to the actual episodes from that arc. D:
@Roronoa

Oh god don't even talk to me about Naruto. I dropped the shippuuden pretty quickly because I got so bored. With One Piece the Fishman Island arc was pure agony to watch through because it dragged so much. :v

@MrPrince

I'm really disappointed at the Merry special. I hoped it'd be awesome but the animation was terrible compared to the actual episodes from that arc. D:
@Reiko

That one special we never talk about because it was just so bad.
For the early announcement, I can't say the excited waiting was anywhere near close to worth it, sadly. Especially when comparing it to the episode of Nami.
Now the whole anime is basically the same quality as that Merry special, and I'm not even joking.
@Reiko

That one special we never talk about because it was just so bad.
For the early announcement, I can't say the excited waiting was anywhere near close to worth it, sadly. Especially when comparing it to the episode of Nami.
Now the whole anime is basically the same quality as that Merry special, and I'm not even joking.
Untitled-1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6