Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever dream as your past self?
I had a weird freaking dream last night. And it has neeever happened before, but I dreamed in a version of my younger self. Like I was not 'now' me, but 'highschool' me. And at the same time, it was a lucid dream, so I knew that it wasn't the current me in the dream. I vividly remember thinking 'wow, I was really pretty in highschool.'

I also had the personality I had in highschool as well. Not depressed, anxious, etc. that I am now, but totally confident, knew what I was all about. Even had my favorite bright pink hair, and wore make-up. Always thinking 'wow, I was pretty' in certain...cutscenes? of my dream.

It was a weird thing to wake up to, I tell ya. Have any of you all ever had a dream such as that?
I had a weird freaking dream last night. And it has neeever happened before, but I dreamed in a version of my younger self. Like I was not 'now' me, but 'highschool' me. And at the same time, it was a lucid dream, so I knew that it wasn't the current me in the dream. I vividly remember thinking 'wow, I was really pretty in highschool.'

I also had the personality I had in highschool as well. Not depressed, anxious, etc. that I am now, but totally confident, knew what I was all about. Even had my favorite bright pink hair, and wore make-up. Always thinking 'wow, I was pretty' in certain...cutscenes? of my dream.

It was a weird thing to wake up to, I tell ya. Have any of you all ever had a dream such as that?
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I dream I'm back in school sometimes, but I haven't for a while. I used to dream about it all the time after graduating though. They're in first-person perspective, and the school's layout is usually different. They're always unpleasant, sometimes verging on nightmares, as I had a bad time in school(starting from second grade). Just being in school(both as a student and being in the physical location) was unpleasant, so it's the same in my dreams. [emoji=spiral sad size=1][size=1](I don't actually like recalling it...)[/size] In one of them I was in an afterschool class(like a tutorial) but felt uncomfortable like I was out of place because I was so much older than everyone else in the class. After a while I thought(/realized) "Wait. I don't have to be here."(since I had already graduated) and got up and left. That was an affirming dream. The most recent dream I had concerning school was one where I (I don't know why) went back and visited my school. Most of the doors were closed, so I assume everyone was in class. I went and sat in an empty classroom(the only door that was open). After a while one of my teachers I disliked(who doesn't even work there anymore, she went back to college for a master's in education after working an entire three years total as a teacher) came into the room and started lecturing us(there were two other people that used to be my classmates there) about being there. "Why are you back here", etc. I don't actually remember what she said, it was that kind of dream. It was really unpleasant though. In my dreams I'm not usually aware that I'm not in school anymore, I'm just a student and have always been one. I have more dreams relating to school, though they're not as directly related to your dream(being a student in school) as those though.
I dream I'm back in school sometimes, but I haven't for a while. I used to dream about it all the time after graduating though. They're in first-person perspective, and the school's layout is usually different.

They're always unpleasant, sometimes verging on nightmares, as I had a bad time in school(starting from second grade). Just being in school(both as a student and being in the physical location) was unpleasant, so it's the same in my dreams. (I don't actually like recalling it...)

In one of them I was in an afterschool class(like a tutorial) but felt uncomfortable like I was out of place because I was so much older than everyone else in the class. After a while I thought(/realized) "Wait. I don't have to be here."(since I had already graduated) and got up and left. That was an affirming dream.

The most recent dream I had concerning school was one where I (I don't know why) went back and visited my school. Most of the doors were closed, so I assume everyone was in class. I went and sat in an empty classroom(the only door that was open). After a while one of my teachers I disliked(who doesn't even work there anymore, she went back to college for a master's in education after working an entire three years total as a teacher) came into the room and started lecturing us(there were two other people that used to be my classmates there) about being there. "Why are you back here", etc. I don't actually remember what she said, it was that kind of dream. It was really unpleasant though.

In my dreams I'm not usually aware that I'm not in school anymore, I'm just a student and have always been one.

I have more dreams relating to school, though they're not as directly related to your dream(being a student in school) as those though.
Not really but sometimes ill have school related dreams that are either A. really weird and the school is some sort of funhouse playground thing but everyone thinks its normal or B. where school is starting and Idk where im supposed to be or go.
Not really but sometimes ill have school related dreams that are either A. really weird and the school is some sort of funhouse playground thing but everyone thinks its normal or B. where school is starting and Idk where im supposed to be or go.
Click them! --> Christmas Dragons! | Wishlist!
My FR memes!! | Dragon Sales!!!

I don't mind pings or messages :) I would be glad to be an Arcane nest for free! Lvl 18 free brewing. Just send materials + treasure.
OfF9Gci.gif
I look it up here you go,
“ Most likely, this past information is something that is causing friction in your current life. Your mind may be trying to understand something that happened in your past and how it effects your current life. Often, this type of dream is a way of your subconscious to show a better way of being.”
I look it up here you go,
“ Most likely, this past information is something that is causing friction in your current life. Your mind may be trying to understand something that happened in your past and how it effects your current life. Often, this type of dream is a way of your subconscious to show a better way of being.”
bYt72YT.png
DisQoWb.png
QUIpVFE.png
vZmPWxA.png
pronouns They/Them
sorry if I'm hard to understand.
Please let me know if I misspelled something.
0zVuogN.png
[quote name="EnderDragon36" date="2020-01-26 02:31:54" ] Often, this type of dream is a way of your subconscious to show a better way of being.” [/quote] *shivers* Seems about right. It hasn't happened in a while, but I used to dream that I was back in the call center and panicking about calls rolling in. The relief when I woke up and realized it was just a nightmare was overwhelming. "Hey, remember this? Whenever you start thinking your life's bad now, just remember how much worse it used to be!"
EnderDragon36 wrote on 2020-01-26 02:31:54:
Often, this type of dream is a way of your subconscious to show a better way of being.”

*shivers* Seems about right. It hasn't happened in a while, but I used to dream that I was back in the call center and panicking about calls rolling in. The relief when I woke up and realized it was just a nightmare was overwhelming.

"Hey, remember this? Whenever you start thinking your life's bad now, just remember how much worse it used to be!"
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Max: All the time to be honest, it tends to get real disorienting when you wake up.

Hope it's not weird to go on a ramble about how weird this can be as a system but

The dreams actually seem to follow who in our system was around during the time. I can remember Rex had dream about being around the age of 7, which he was around then. Then I tend to dream about high school, because that's when I came around.

The childhood dreams are interesting though, because we didn't know we were plural until we were about 15, but we'll still exhibit being plural. Using Rex as an example, he'll still have traits of being Rex right down to the phantom limbs despite being a child self.
Max: All the time to be honest, it tends to get real disorienting when you wake up.

Hope it's not weird to go on a ramble about how weird this can be as a system but

The dreams actually seem to follow who in our system was around during the time. I can remember Rex had dream about being around the age of 7, which he was around then. Then I tend to dream about high school, because that's when I came around.

The childhood dreams are interesting though, because we didn't know we were plural until we were about 15, but we'll still exhibit being plural. Using Rex as an example, he'll still have traits of being Rex right down to the phantom limbs despite being a child self.