Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | your really obscure interests
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Terrariums with little plants and succulents
Art with scaleless dragons(a lot of what I draw and I love seeing others do it aswell)
Skeleton animals
Muscles on animals and only animals, forget humans
Different ways birds fly, also butterflies and how they fly
Paws on wolves and cats and how they lift off the ground
Anything that isn't human
Tally hall and Cosmo Sheldrake(because yes he is amazing)
Hands i need to draw good HANDS
Fnaf especially goldie he is such a precious cinammon roll i don't care if he killed someone
Wings and how they are used for flying and stuff
Terrariums with little plants and succulents
Art with scaleless dragons(a lot of what I draw and I love seeing others do it aswell)
Skeleton animals
Muscles on animals and only animals, forget humans
Different ways birds fly, also butterflies and how they fly
Paws on wolves and cats and how they lift off the ground
Anything that isn't human
Tally hall and Cosmo Sheldrake(because yes he is amazing)
Hands i need to draw good HANDS
Fnaf especially goldie he is such a precious cinammon roll i don't care if he killed someone
Wings and how they are used for flying and stuff
v2PJF9u.png 6kR982D.pngWn6vGC1.png
rat king
rat king
ezgif-3-fc4418207f0e.gif
[quote name="voidbeast" date="2020-01-24 15:27:18" ] speculative biology/zoology [/quote] yes omg!!! speculative biology is so cool im a big fan!!!!!! i constantly design creatures with no lore or even names attached but i absolutely love reading up on realistic and believable lore others have made for their creatures. its just. oh my god also? speculatie biology headcanons for series that arent even remotely realistic ? does anyone else do that too?? i find it fun to do even if it seems im looking too hard into things
voidbeast wrote on 2020-01-24 15:27:18:
speculative biology/zoology
yes omg!!! speculative biology is so cool im a big fan!!!!!!
i constantly design creatures with no lore or even names attached but i absolutely love reading up on realistic and believable lore others have made for their creatures. its just. oh my god
also? speculatie biology headcanons for series that arent even remotely realistic ? does anyone else do that too?? i find it fun to do even if it seems im looking too hard into things
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
My three main special interests are I Love Lucy, Cedar Point (and roller coasters in general), and science. These are the most important things in my life that I feel really define me as a person.

While I love all types of science, I've always been most interested in medicine and anatomy/physiology. My biggest interest would be the biochemical basis of neuropsychiatric disorders (bipolar mania in particular), and I have a bachelor's degree in neuroscience. My second biggest medical interest would probably be obstetrics, which has been a special interest since about age 3. I'm currently reading a textbook on gestational trophoblastic disease that I got for Christmas. It is fascinating.

Other special interests of mine include American history, the Spanish language, Archie comics/Riverdale, Full House, SpongeBob, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Mario and Mario Kart games, and A Beautiful Mind.
My three main special interests are I Love Lucy, Cedar Point (and roller coasters in general), and science. These are the most important things in my life that I feel really define me as a person.

While I love all types of science, I've always been most interested in medicine and anatomy/physiology. My biggest interest would be the biochemical basis of neuropsychiatric disorders (bipolar mania in particular), and I have a bachelor's degree in neuroscience. My second biggest medical interest would probably be obstetrics, which has been a special interest since about age 3. I'm currently reading a textbook on gestational trophoblastic disease that I got for Christmas. It is fascinating.

Other special interests of mine include American history, the Spanish language, Archie comics/Riverdale, Full House, SpongeBob, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Mario and Mario Kart games, and A Beautiful Mind.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
[quote name="Noibat" date="2020-01-24 13:52:13" ] [quote name="kryptidkoffee" date="2020-01-24 09:24:32" ] -guardians of ga'hoole (it feels obscure, i've no idea if it actually is as obscure as i think it is)[/quote] i used to be really into that! i've read the whole series twice and lowkey wanna read it again [/quote] those are rookie numbers Anyway, the xenofiction genre that Guardians and series like it, as well as more serious works like Watership Down, is one of my biggest. Others include speculative biology and claw machines.
Noibat wrote on 2020-01-24 13:52:13:
kryptidkoffee wrote on 2020-01-24 09:24:32:
-guardians of ga'hoole (it feels obscure, i've no idea if it actually is as obscure as i think it is)

i used to be really into that! i've read the whole series twice and lowkey wanna read it again
those are rookie numbers

Anyway, the xenofiction genre that Guardians and series like it, as well as more serious works like Watership Down, is one of my biggest. Others include speculative biology and claw machines.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Tokusatsu heroes. Not necessarily obscure in the days of internet fandoms and such, but it is still something I rarely meet people with the same interests outside of specific groups or forums. There are fans of things like Kamen Rider and Ultraman spread around, occasionally fans of Super Sentai (sometimes via Power Rangers), but it is sometimes harder to find fans of other works like Garo (though the Final Fantasy XIV collab did help a little there), Armor Hero, Tomica Hero and others.

Also, one of my all-time favorite TV shows is one I rarely meet fans of, though I do know there are a few fans here. Forever Knight, an early to mid 90's show about a vampire working as a homicide detective in then present day Toronto.
Tokusatsu heroes. Not necessarily obscure in the days of internet fandoms and such, but it is still something I rarely meet people with the same interests outside of specific groups or forums. There are fans of things like Kamen Rider and Ultraman spread around, occasionally fans of Super Sentai (sometimes via Power Rangers), but it is sometimes harder to find fans of other works like Garo (though the Final Fantasy XIV collab did help a little there), Armor Hero, Tomica Hero and others.

Also, one of my all-time favorite TV shows is one I rarely meet fans of, though I do know there are a few fans here. Forever Knight, an early to mid 90's show about a vampire working as a homicide detective in then present day Toronto.
Formerly known as Brenning.
I love baking but recently I've been baking a bunch of mug cakes. I've also made mug mac and cheese. So mug recipes are my current obscure interest.

Edit: Oh and reading about and studying insects probably isn't most people's thing but I love it.
I love baking but recently I've been baking a bunch of mug cakes. I've also made mug mac and cheese. So mug recipes are my current obscure interest.

Edit: Oh and reading about and studying insects probably isn't most people's thing but I love it.
tumblr_inline_ph66ygtX8D1trnsp5_540.giftumblr_inline_p7tsvyzpyk1trnsp5_540.gifbig_shift_by_shapeshifthate-dckip66.pngbig_terr_by_shapeshifthate-dckip6i.png
I mean, considering that I'm female, a couple of my interests seem obscure, but here they are!

Transformers. I am not talking about this Michael Bay crap that they tried to push on us, I'm talking the original series, Armada, and the animated series that they put out. Love it to death.

I love cameras- particularly antique ones. I just really love the history and the different techniques that they were built, and I love having them and enjoying them as a collector. Currently my favorite camera is a polaroid from the 70's that has the original user's manual with it.

I also have a deep interest in history. Particularly historical fashion and ancient world history (Egyptian and Greek primarily, but also Asian). I think it's probably thanks to my work as a writer that this one came about, but who knows.

And for some perhaps super obscure media: I love +Anima, Ranma 1/2, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Red River and a few other manga/anime.
I mean, considering that I'm female, a couple of my interests seem obscure, but here they are!

Transformers. I am not talking about this Michael Bay crap that they tried to push on us, I'm talking the original series, Armada, and the animated series that they put out. Love it to death.

I love cameras- particularly antique ones. I just really love the history and the different techniques that they were built, and I love having them and enjoying them as a collector. Currently my favorite camera is a polaroid from the 70's that has the original user's manual with it.

I also have a deep interest in history. Particularly historical fashion and ancient world history (Egyptian and Greek primarily, but also Asian). I think it's probably thanks to my work as a writer that this one came about, but who knows.

And for some perhaps super obscure media: I love +Anima, Ranma 1/2, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Red River and a few other manga/anime.
button_by_cas_a_fras-db1t2ap.png Accent: Starlit Psychic
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Here's a couple of book series I don't really hear about much so mightas well mention them here

?Micheal Vey (A friend introduced it to me. I still need to read the other books in the series, but it's pretty good so far)
?The Rift War series (It's a fantasy series with a few science fiction elements)
?Wheel of Time series (boy are these books LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNG, but still really good)
Here's a couple of book series I don't really hear about much so mightas well mention them here

?Micheal Vey (A friend introduced it to me. I still need to read the other books in the series, but it's pretty good so far)
?The Rift War series (It's a fantasy series with a few science fiction elements)
?Wheel of Time series (boy are these books LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNG, but still really good)
242972.png268536.png209728.png240311.png241845.png218175.png191637.png191623.png191235.png
The cat that lives in my house. I'm obsessed with her but nobody else seems to be...

Also Creatures I for Windows 95
The cat that lives in my house. I'm obsessed with her but nobody else seems to be...

Also Creatures I for Windows 95
D99pdNC.giffGygUpl.pngMsoPhyB.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8