Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Tips for my first hatchery
So I'm thinking of opening a hatchery I'm unsure of how to price them, make a shop or any of the tips and tricks required. Please answer. Anything helps :) Here are my couples, I worked hard to find matching pairs for each. (Starry night took my 5 months to find a male that was not related to my skydancer) [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/bc/4e/03XaZ8dr_o.gif[/img] [rule] [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/2d/a0/XoWntikX_o.gif[/img] [rule] [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/6f/13/tpI8a7R1_o.gif[/img]
So I'm thinking of opening a hatchery
I'm unsure of how to price them, make a shop or any of the tips and tricks required. Please answer. Anything helps :)

Here are my couples, I worked hard to find matching pairs for each. (Starry night took my 5 months to find a male that was not related to my skydancer)

03XaZ8dr_o.gif

XoWntikX_o.gif

tpI8a7R1_o.gif
I make and sell art for apperal. Pm me!
Firstly, good luck. They're beautiful pairs and the effort that you put into the starry night pair is impressive! I don't have many tips, and those which I have are very basic- apologies if I'm insulting your intelligence by mentioning them, since I don't have a hatchery of my own. Nonetheless, as a buyer and seller, I would highly recommend responding to relevant threads in the 'Find A Dragon' section of the forum. Many prospective buyers may be interesting in being put on pinglists for breeding pairs as well as seeing any hatchlings that you might have to sell. Also, being unsentimental about exalting dragons (after an appropriate period of time) is a trait of most successful hatcheries that I've seen. It allows hatcheries with unusual colour combinations or other uncommon features to keep prices stable rather than allowing buyers to wait for ages to buy such dragons for gradually decreasing prices.
Firstly, good luck. They're beautiful pairs and the effort that you put into the starry night pair is impressive! I don't have many tips, and those which I have are very basic- apologies if I'm insulting your intelligence by mentioning them, since I don't have a hatchery of my own. Nonetheless, as a buyer and seller, I would highly recommend responding to relevant threads in the 'Find A Dragon' section of the forum. Many prospective buyers may be interesting in being put on pinglists for breeding pairs as well as seeing any hatchlings that you might have to sell. Also, being unsentimental about exalting dragons (after an appropriate period of time) is a trait of most successful hatcheries that I've seen. It allows hatcheries with unusual colour combinations or other uncommon features to keep prices stable rather than allowing buyers to wait for ages to buy such dragons for gradually decreasing prices.
@volucray thanks! Kinda confused about the existing sense I never considered it as a method in batteries but your probably right.
@volucray thanks! Kinda confused about the existing sense I never considered it as a method in batteries but your probably right.
I make and sell art for apperal. Pm me!
@Sassycat First of all, good luck! Running a hatchery is difficult but potentially rewarding.

My biggest tip would be to find a theme for your pairs. My first hatchery didn't have a theme, and it completely flopped, while my current one has a theme and is far more successful. Maybe you could take the Starry Nights theme and run with it: A theme of paintings?
@Sassycat First of all, good luck! Running a hatchery is difficult but potentially rewarding.

My biggest tip would be to find a theme for your pairs. My first hatchery didn't have a theme, and it completely flopped, while my current one has a theme and is far more successful. Maybe you could take the Starry Nights theme and run with it: A theme of paintings?
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Best of luck! Those are some really nice graphics to get an idea of what the hatchlings will look like, and that'll help a lot.

I guess a possibly obvious piece of advice is to keep a post for the dragons that are available for sale as one of the top posts in your thread, like in the first or second post, so that if somebody is just dropping by and might not have asked to be on any pinglist, they can quickly see if there's a dragon they like without having to scroll too far past your info about pairs.

I breed for me rather than to make money, but I do try to sell using a hatchery thread and I've found that writing some general lore for your pair and their children can help sell them, if writing lore is something you're into. It doesn't even have to be unique lore for each hatchling, just something that gives that "family" some personality. Individual lore can also help to sell, but the time you take writing it doesn't always make up for it when it's still hard to sell dragons anyway.

Also, if there's a special date coming up like Halloween or an eclipse somewhere, try to time it so that you get hatchlings born on that date! Last Halloween, people (including me) were able to sell hatchlings for more than we usually would from a given pair because people wanted dragons that were hatched on Halloween.
Best of luck! Those are some really nice graphics to get an idea of what the hatchlings will look like, and that'll help a lot.

I guess a possibly obvious piece of advice is to keep a post for the dragons that are available for sale as one of the top posts in your thread, like in the first or second post, so that if somebody is just dropping by and might not have asked to be on any pinglist, they can quickly see if there's a dragon they like without having to scroll too far past your info about pairs.

I breed for me rather than to make money, but I do try to sell using a hatchery thread and I've found that writing some general lore for your pair and their children can help sell them, if writing lore is something you're into. It doesn't even have to be unique lore for each hatchling, just something that gives that "family" some personality. Individual lore can also help to sell, but the time you take writing it doesn't always make up for it when it's still hard to sell dragons anyway.

Also, if there's a special date coming up like Halloween or an eclipse somewhere, try to time it so that you get hatchlings born on that date! Last Halloween, people (including me) were able to sell hatchlings for more than we usually would from a given pair because people wanted dragons that were hatched on Halloween.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif