Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore] How should I go about it?
1 2 3
Heyo there!! [center][img]https://i2.wp.com/brightestyoungthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/bf.gif[/img][/center] So I wanted to try something new this year. I’ve been playing Fr for over five years now and I’ve made a bunch of different flight-related lore lairs, (all of which are retired and locked away in my HDen). But now I want to try something different. So to put this out there, this is not a quest/challenge, not a role-play, and not an ARG, but it’s going to dabble in those things? Maybe? So here’s my rough idea. Meet [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=72107&tab=dragon&did=57530903]Hayram[/url], my main dragon who is also my icon/avatar and sleeping in my signature. He’s a researcher of the unsolved kind. [center][img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/f9d75090ff682d48a13bfc77ccb01d5f/tenor.gif[/img][/center] I’m going to have him uncover a hidden area in the Ice Flight where a family or clan of dragons were wiped from history with little bits of clues here and there about what had happened. There will be some sort of family scandal that will be covered up, found out, and a tragedy that will be the downfall of that particular clan. [center][img]https://media2.giphy.com/media/3oeHLAHeEDz8C8mGjK/giphy.gif[/img][/center] I want to be able to draw pictures, maybe make comic pages to add to the story, and I want to make some bio’s that have little hints and curious clues throughout my story. [b]The reason[/b] why I make this thread, my question to ya’ll… how do I go about it? 1. Do I buy/breed some dragons, let them eat my food, or store them in my HDen just for the sake of whitty names, bios of clues, and an extra step that adds to the story? 2. Do I just do what everyone else does and make a thread somewhere and just vaguely reference the clan of dragon’s lost to time? 3. Maybe I can just use scries and link the widgets instead of making actual dragons? 4. .... other ideas? [center][img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/230781e8efd27bca747e17a7d6792a94/tenor.gif[/img][/center] I’m not suggesting anyone will/read see this project of mine. To be honest, I’m more interested in being invested in a project that has me going more in-depth than I ever had with any of my previous lairs that were just a collab of short stories and matching bios and I've found myself really enjoying this particular idea. (If you like it, go forth and do it too but I totally wanna see what ya'll come up with!!) Soooo.... discussion...? [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/9f61b93c3bd791a51018bbedd6a4a915/tumblr_p220yd1b4K1ulkd8uo1_500.gif[/img][/center] I'mma ping some peeps ~ People's who's lore is amazing and inspire me : @HSoup @Sleepytroll @Johan And my bestie who's new to Fr so she might actually join the threads, lol: @Shikaka
Heyo there!!
bf.gif

So I wanted to try something new this year. I’ve been playing Fr for over five years now and I’ve made a bunch of different flight-related lore lairs, (all of which are retired and locked away in my HDen). But now I want to try something different.

So to put this out there, this is not a quest/challenge, not a role-play, and not an ARG, but it’s going to dabble in those things? Maybe? So here’s my rough idea.

Meet Hayram, my main dragon who is also my icon/avatar and sleeping in my signature. He’s a researcher of the unsolved kind.
tenor.gif

I’m going to have him uncover a hidden area in the Ice Flight where a family or clan of dragons were wiped from history with little bits of clues here and there about what had happened. There will be some sort of family scandal that will be covered up, found out, and a tragedy that will be the downfall of that particular clan.
giphy.gif

I want to be able to draw pictures, maybe make comic pages to add to the story, and I want to make some bio’s that have little hints and curious clues throughout my story.

The reason why I make this thread, my question to ya’ll… how do I go about it?

1. Do I buy/breed some dragons, let them eat my food, or store them in my HDen just for the sake of whitty names, bios of clues, and an extra step that adds to the story?

2. Do I just do what everyone else does and make a thread somewhere and just vaguely reference the clan of dragon’s lost to time?

3. Maybe I can just use scries and link the widgets instead of making actual dragons?

4. .... other ideas?
tenor.gif

I’m not suggesting anyone will/read see this project of mine. To be honest, I’m more interested in being invested in a project that has me going more in-depth than I ever had with any of my previous lairs that were just a collab of short stories and matching bios and I've found myself really enjoying this particular idea. (If you like it, go forth and do it too but I totally wanna see what ya'll come up with!!)

Soooo.... discussion...?
tumblr_p220yd1b4K1ulkd8uo1_500.gif

I'mma ping some peeps ~

People's who's lore is amazing and inspire me : @HSoup @Sleepytroll @Johan
And my bestie who's new to Fr so she might actually join the threads, lol: @Shikaka
Welp. Here comes that bus.
@MurEyeUh

I am not sure if I can help you that well given that I am new and never much dabbled into lore, but I would definitely make a separate thread for this kind of thing. Maybe the mysterious dragons referenced could be just scries, or you could even challenge people to scry them based on vague hunts and clues that your researcher dragons uncover! Then, once in a while, one of these mysterious dragons can be brought to life. Possibly weave it in with some gao lore?
I'll be curious to see what you come up with!
@MurEyeUh

I am not sure if I can help you that well given that I am new and never much dabbled into lore, but I would definitely make a separate thread for this kind of thing. Maybe the mysterious dragons referenced could be just scries, or you could even challenge people to scry them based on vague hunts and clues that your researcher dragons uncover! Then, once in a while, one of these mysterious dragons can be brought to life. Possibly weave it in with some gao lore?
ZXevdaA.gif
[quote name="Shikaka" date="2020-01-08 22:59:06" ] Welp. Here comes that bus. [/quote] [center] @Shikaka [img]https://media3.giphy.com/media/ue3OPWawMJrmE/source.gif[/img]
Shikaka wrote on 2020-01-08 22:59:06:
[quote name="Fauconne" date="2020-01-08 23:04:49" ] @MurEyeUh I am not sure if I can help you that well given that I am new and never much dabbled into lore, but I would definitely make a separate thread for this kind of thing. Maybe the mysterious dragons referenced could be just scries, or [b]you could even challenge people to scry them based on vague hunts and clues that your researcher dragons uncover![/b] Then, once in a while, one of these mysterious dragons can be brought to life. Possibly weave it in with some gao lore? I'll be curious to see what you come up with! [/quote] [center][img]https://media0.giphy.com/media/2gXQ4RRP7icVjEwUqT/giphy.gif[/img] THIS. This @Fauconne is an amazing idea I didn't even think of because I honestly thought no one would care but now I REEEALLYYY like this idea!
Fauconne wrote on 2020-01-08 23:04:49:
@MurEyeUh

giphy.gif

THIS. This @Fauconne is an amazing idea I didn't even think of because I honestly thought no one would care but now I REEEALLYYY like this idea!
@MurEyeUh

Awww thank you! I am happy to help, and glad that it is something you could work with, I would enjoy a challenge like that myself as well :3
@MurEyeUh

Awww thank you! I am happy to help, and glad that it is something you could work with, I would enjoy a challenge like that myself as well :3
ZXevdaA.gif
@Fauconne Well if you ever need or want someone to talk to about building lore, feel free to PM me!
@Fauconne Well if you ever need or want someone to talk to about building lore, feel free to PM me!
@MurEyeUh - So here are my answers to your questions. =D

1. Do I buy/breed some dragons, let them eat my food, or store them in my HDen just for the sake of whitty names, bios of clues, and an extra step that adds to the story?

I am all for having actual dragons just so you can have witty names and clues in their bios. Seriously. I love that kind of stuff. I can totally send over some of my extra food to help keep them fed if that will help. (I need to clear some out anyway after NotN).

2. Do I just do what everyone else does and make a thread somewhere and just vaguely reference the clan of dragon’s lost to time?

Threads are nice because you can include so much more than if you just use dragon bios. Plus, it can be easier to navigate for visitors. But I still think having actual dragons you can post would be nice.

3. Maybe I can just use scries and link the widgets instead of making actual dragons?

Certainly a cheaper option, but I would think it might be fun to try and find dragons to fit the different characters. Maybe as the person suggested already, you could start out with scries and eventually try to obtain the dragons. That way it gives you things to do over time and not be done in a week.

4. .... other ideas?

Not at the moment. =D
@MurEyeUh - So here are my answers to your questions. =D

I am all for having actual dragons just so you can have witty names and clues in their bios. Seriously. I love that kind of stuff. I can totally send over some of my extra food to help keep them fed if that will help. (I need to clear some out anyway after NotN).

Threads are nice because you can include so much more than if you just use dragon bios. Plus, it can be easier to navigate for visitors. But I still think having actual dragons you can post would be nice.

Certainly a cheaper option, but I would think it might be fun to try and find dragons to fit the different characters. Maybe as the person suggested already, you could start out with scries and eventually try to obtain the dragons. That way it gives you things to do over time and not be done in a week.

4. .... other ideas?

Not at the moment. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94672840.png87809713.png.png
@HSoup - I really appreciate the food offer and will deff let you know! I'm thinking this lost clan of dragon's won't be more than 12 maybe? I'm keeping it to like a tight-knit family of sorts.

I think I'm deff going to mix ideas! I really like the idea of people making scrys based on clues - but that's if and only if people are interested to be honest, heh.

I do have 102 spots to use up in my lair, so I could totally make the actual clan. At the moment, I'm working on my current three dragon's bios with entries that are like 'timeless' in a sense of it just describes them, and then I can jump into a thread and write the short stories and link/list them in their bio with a sort of timeline.

Thankfully, I have time to set that up, have my dragons interact, and then introduce the mystery which I think will take me until the end of the month. @Shikaka are I are currently co-writing a book series but she's going on a vacation with no wifi or service for over a week so I'm looking to bury myself in this lore with all the extra free time I have.

I'm just not sure how long the mystery would last. Say I finish the story in a year, (if I do have readers, the clues and updates wouldn't really matter if they could just read through everything) so then do I exalt them and copy and paste their widget and quote their bios into the creative corner thread I use to list the story?

Hmmm - I'm deff making sure this isn't a gene project tho. I'm going to keep the dragon's as easy to draw as possible and as cheap as possible. It should give some fodder babies some love too, if we ignore the fact that the lore, story, and art is a tragedy, haha!
@HSoup - I really appreciate the food offer and will deff let you know! I'm thinking this lost clan of dragon's won't be more than 12 maybe? I'm keeping it to like a tight-knit family of sorts.

I think I'm deff going to mix ideas! I really like the idea of people making scrys based on clues - but that's if and only if people are interested to be honest, heh.

I do have 102 spots to use up in my lair, so I could totally make the actual clan. At the moment, I'm working on my current three dragon's bios with entries that are like 'timeless' in a sense of it just describes them, and then I can jump into a thread and write the short stories and link/list them in their bio with a sort of timeline.

Thankfully, I have time to set that up, have my dragons interact, and then introduce the mystery which I think will take me until the end of the month. @Shikaka are I are currently co-writing a book series but she's going on a vacation with no wifi or service for over a week so I'm looking to bury myself in this lore with all the extra free time I have.

I'm just not sure how long the mystery would last. Say I finish the story in a year, (if I do have readers, the clues and updates wouldn't really matter if they could just read through everything) so then do I exalt them and copy and paste their widget and quote their bios into the creative corner thread I use to list the story?

Hmmm - I'm deff making sure this isn't a gene project tho. I'm going to keep the dragon's as easy to draw as possible and as cheap as possible. It should give some fodder babies some love too, if we ignore the fact that the lore, story, and art is a tragedy, haha!
Ooh! I really like that idea! I think you should make 1 thread for it and hide some clues in it.

I have one dragon which I use to roleplay with people and then I write lore about what happened in that roleplay. He's an alien that got banished from his home planet and is now stuck on Sornieth.
Ooh! I really like that idea! I think you should make 1 thread for it and hide some clues in it.

I have one dragon which I use to roleplay with people and then I write lore about what happened in that roleplay. He's an alien that got banished from his home planet and is now stuck on Sornieth.
akueye3.png
1 2 3