Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I am never doing FR math again
1 2
So @harvestmere very sensibly talked me down from making a spreadsheet with links to scries for every colour, primary/secondary combo, and breed by pointing out that there's like 177 colours

...which led to me getting curious about just how many scries that would be

...which didn't scare me enough, apparently, because then I got curious how many distinct colour, breed, sex, primary, secondary, tertiary, flight, and eye type possibilities there are and long story short, if I did my math right, there's approximately 22 billion of them. I may have done that math wrong. I hope I did that math wrong.

Yeah, I'm not. I'm never taking a calculator to FR again.
So @harvestmere very sensibly talked me down from making a spreadsheet with links to scries for every colour, primary/secondary combo, and breed by pointing out that there's like 177 colours

...which led to me getting curious about just how many scries that would be

...which didn't scare me enough, apparently, because then I got curious how many distinct colour, breed, sex, primary, secondary, tertiary, flight, and eye type possibilities there are and long story short, if I did my math right, there's approximately 22 billion of them. I may have done that math wrong. I hope I did that math wrong.

Yeah, I'm not. I'm never taking a calculator to FR again.
1087.png ___________________

dany, they/them

hatchery
wishlist || collection
___________________ 580.png
Eye type 12
Primary Color 177
Secondary Color 177
Tertiary Color 177
Breed 14
Sex 2
Primary gene 30
Secondary gene 30
Tertiary gene 24
Element 11

12*177*177*177*14*2*30*30*24*11

I get 442,695,913,228,800 or almost 443 trillion, excluding ancient dragons. Probably at least one of my numbers is off a little.
Eye type 12
Primary Color 177
Secondary Color 177
Tertiary Color 177
Breed 14
Sex 2
Primary gene 30
Secondary gene 30
Tertiary gene 24
Element 11

12*177*177*177*14*2*30*30*24*11

I get 442,695,913,228,800 or almost 443 trillion, excluding ancient dragons. Probably at least one of my numbers is off a little.
That spreadsheet would probably crash excel, and the program itself would issue a cease and desist out of panic.
That spreadsheet would probably crash excel, and the program itself would issue a cease and desist out of panic.
Dangit Bobby
That would be a glorious and crash-inducing spreadsheet to behold. Just thinking about it makes my PC cry
That would be a glorious and crash-inducing spreadsheet to behold. Just thinking about it makes my PC cry
pretend some cool art is here
this hurts my brain
this hurts my brain
how do those work
and hatchlings have their own pose too.
and hatchlings have their own pose too.
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
I'm currently not willing to do the math (others have done so anywho) but that would be one hell of a spreadsheet to manage and it's definitely safer to not do it, considering your computer would crash after a certain point and every time you open it thereon

Ultimately it'd destroy your computer, although if it were possible my feeble mind would probably collapse on itself
I'm currently not willing to do the math (others have done so anywho) but that would be one hell of a spreadsheet to manage and it's definitely safer to not do it, considering your computer would crash after a certain point and every time you open it thereon

Ultimately it'd destroy your computer, although if it were possible my feeble mind would probably collapse on itself

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
YOU’RE WELCOME
YOU’RE WELCOME
that's scary
that's scary
he him / usually only log on to do dailys
Oh god...I can hear the computer processors crying for help already.
Oh god...I can hear the computer processors crying for help already.
embracing the wilds of nature
~
Marie, at your service
1 2