Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Apparel on Ancients
I had run into this problem, and was wondering why ancient breeds couldn't wear apparels?? I think working on making the apparels so that they can be used on ancient breeds would be a nice improvement.
I had run into this problem, and was wondering why ancient breeds couldn't wear apparels?? I think working on making the apparels so that they can be used on ancient breeds would be a nice improvement.
It's for a few reasons. One, it allows them to release ancients faster, because for every breed and gender, they have to draw that apparel on the model. Second, it allows them more freedom with ancient genes; it's why they have some tertiary genes that change the silhouette. If they could wear apparel, the artists would also have to draw how that apparel interacts with those genes, giving the artists even more work.
It's for a few reasons. One, it allows them to release ancients faster, because for every breed and gender, they have to draw that apparel on the model. Second, it allows them more freedom with ancient genes; it's why they have some tertiary genes that change the silhouette. If they could wear apparel, the artists would also have to draw how that apparel interacts with those genes, giving the artists even more work.
The whole point of the ancients is that they can be released quickly because they don't have to have thousands upon thousands of apparel items fitted to them.
The whole point of the ancients is that they can be released quickly because they don't have to have thousands upon thousands of apparel items fitted to them.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Well, I do understand that. Thank you, anyway.
Well, I do understand that. Thank you, anyway.
For reference: The last modern breed was released about 3 years ago, whereas we got two ancient breeds within six months.

Ancient breeds were released precisely to not have apparel, and thus prevent a many years backlog between breed releases.

They can still have skins, but their lack of apparel was the point of their release.

So, don't think they'll be getting apparel anytime soon, unfortunately.
For reference: The last modern breed was released about 3 years ago, whereas we got two ancient breeds within six months.

Ancient breeds were released precisely to not have apparel, and thus prevent a many years backlog between breed releases.

They can still have skins, but their lack of apparel was the point of their release.

So, don't think they'll be getting apparel anytime soon, unfortunately.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
Yeah unfortunately adding apparel that is specific to ancients would ruin the concept of them. Their apparel-free design allows for them to have basically limitless gene types, and adding apparel would make it so not only existing genes (I’m talking about the intense ones like shardflank) but also future genes would have to be worked around this apparel.

But I mean hey!! Accents and skins can do awesome things, they can even look like apparel :)

Yeah unfortunately adding apparel that is specific to ancients would ruin the concept of them. Their apparel-free design allows for them to have basically limitless gene types, and adding apparel would make it so not only existing genes (I’m talking about the intense ones like shardflank) but also future genes would have to be worked around this apparel.

But I mean hey!! Accents and skins can do awesome things, they can even look like apparel :)

ZVpCPil.png