Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Ancient Breed: Banescale
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 142 143
I got 2 females. I love them but common!
I got 2 females. I love them but common!
ihOGJoH.png
WYVERN!!! A GOOD BABY!
WYVERN!!! A GOOD BABY!
jt3E7a2.png ePOliyb.png
iuEBSJ3.png
tw8kgiY.png
hZipXGO.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
SampsonHenry_ParadoxBrother-FR_BG-Front.png
I got two multi-gaze. Is this real life
I got two multi-gaze. Is this real life
[quote name="aeonium" date="2019-12-12 05:33:50" ] [quote name="ZephyrTea" date="2019-12-11 20:03:23" ] [quote name="Lilian" date="2019-12-11 12:27:28" ] -snip- @Lilian And ALSO, with the factor of each ancient dragon getting exclusive genes and whatnot... I really would like to know what the staff's plans are for future updates. Are ancient dragons going to have new genes released now and then just like regular dragons, or will they just stagnate at launch state? And in the case of the former... will new genes be exclusive to certain ancient species, or shared? All this seems too convoluted and messy for the game, and I can't help but feel like waiting longer for a new breed I can just dress and gene up normally would have been a far better option. [/quote] I would hope they change the rules I. Which ancients are able to inter-breed and wear apparel. That would make the game much more fun as well as keep it interesting. It would also be cool if the “specific genes” became regular and able to change throughout species. The think I [i]loathe[/i] About the ancients is that breed-change scrolls completely ERASE the genes of the dergs you use them on, coasting a fortune. Just gene-ing and breed-changing 2 dragons into the new wyvern things cost me close to 600,000 treasure and 1,000g for one TWO DRAGONS. That’s INSANE! I can not begin to fathom what grounds This is fair. If there are parallel genes on a dragon, they should STAY when you change Them with a scroll, [i]just like every other breed![/i] why should I have to shovel out 80000 treasure to Gene my derg with a gene it ALREADY had before the scroll! Or better yet, 700 gems for something like wasp!? Honestly. I love the new models. But I’m just underwhelmed considering the drawbacks that come with the new ancients.... and it makes me very sad as an older player (though I’m not an original). [/quote] EXACTLY!!!!! the fact that ancient counterpart genes are even a thing is so annoying and cashgrabby and makes no sense [/quote] Pretty sure genes don't persist from Modern to Ancient breeds (or between different Ancient breeds) because it would be convoluted to code. It's not the same as changing breeds between Modern dragons, because in that case genes are always consistent across all breeds, and I doubt that the original code was made with this new gameplay feature in mind. (Ofc There could be other reasons, but I suspect that this is at least part of it.) And this has been said again and again, but Ancients will never be able to wear apparel. They were created so that we can have more dragon breeds more quickly. It's been three years since the last modern breed was released, and there's still no ETA for the next one. And even when the next Modern breed is released, it's probably going to be another three years for the next after that because of the amount of work necessitated by the sheer amount of art that has to be created for one. Also, there were new genes released for Gaolers some time after their update. (In fact, when Veined was released, there was a Gaoler compatible version released beside it) So there'll probably new Banescale genes in the future.
aeonium wrote on 2019-12-12 05:33:50:
ZephyrTea wrote on 2019-12-11 20:03:23:
Lilian wrote on 2019-12-11 12:27:28:
-snip-

@Lilian And ALSO, with the factor of each ancient dragon getting exclusive genes and whatnot... I really would like to know what the staff's plans are for future updates. Are ancient dragons going to have new genes released now and then just like regular dragons, or will they just stagnate at launch state? And in the case of the former... will new genes be exclusive to certain ancient species, or shared? All this seems too convoluted and messy for the game, and I can't help but feel like waiting longer for a new breed I can just dress and gene up normally would have been a far better option.

I would hope they change the rules I. Which ancients are able to inter-breed and wear apparel. That would make the game much more fun as well as keep it interesting. It would also be cool if the “specific genes” became regular and able to change throughout species. The think I loathe About the ancients is that breed-change scrolls completely ERASE the genes of the dergs you use them on, coasting a fortune. Just gene-ing and breed-changing 2 dragons into the new wyvern things cost me close to 600,000 treasure and 1,000g for one TWO DRAGONS. That’s INSANE! I can not begin to fathom what grounds This is fair. If there are parallel genes on a dragon, they should STAY when you change Them with a scroll, just like every other breed! why should I have to shovel out 80000 treasure to Gene my derg with a gene it ALREADY had before the scroll! Or better yet, 700 gems for something like wasp!? Honestly. I love the new models. But I’m just underwhelmed considering the drawbacks that come with the new ancients.... and it makes me very sad as an older player (though I’m not an original).
EXACTLY!!!!! the fact that ancient counterpart genes are even a thing is so annoying and cashgrabby and makes no sense

Pretty sure genes don't persist from Modern to Ancient breeds (or between different Ancient breeds) because it would be convoluted to code. It's not the same as changing breeds between Modern dragons, because in that case genes are always consistent across all breeds, and I doubt that the original code was made with this new gameplay feature in mind. (Ofc There could be other reasons, but I suspect that this is at least part of it.)

And this has been said again and again, but Ancients will never be able to wear apparel. They were created so that we can have more dragon breeds more quickly. It's been three years since the last modern breed was released, and there's still no ETA for the next one. And even when the next Modern breed is released, it's probably going to be another three years for the next after that because of the amount of work necessitated by the sheer amount of art that has to be created for one.

Also, there were new genes released for Gaolers some time after their update. (In fact, when Veined was released, there was a Gaoler compatible version released beside it) So there'll probably new Banescale genes in the future.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
Introducing my very first fully gened banescale. <3 He only cost 30 gems initially then the genes were a smidge pricey.. Worth it tho. <3 [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57507309] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/575074/57507309_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=116&bodygene=47&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=48&winggene=45&wings=8&auth=b6689693a947db044df908f5ada7d141795ed7dc&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Introducing my very first fully gened banescale. <3

He only cost 30 gems initially then the genes were a smidge pricey.. Worth it tho. <3

57507309_350.png

dragon?age=1&body=116&bodygene=47&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=48&winggene=45&wings=8&auth=b6689693a947db044df908f5ada7d141795ed7dc&dummyext=prev.png
86848868.png

Looking for more cool dragons to add to your lair? Check out my dragons for sale HERE.
AAAAAAAHHHH-
AAAAAAAHHHH-
3Lr6Rsp.png
@Syren44 the eggs should be in the Other section of your hoard like any unhatched egg. If you don't see it maybe check the vault?
@Syren44 the eggs should be in the Other section of your hoard like any unhatched egg. If you don't see it maybe check the vault?
Z7cgb70.png
i love them already
i love them already
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
THESE ARE RaD YBWQwnbgbdBHWNmj
THESE ARE RaD YBWQwnbgbdBHWNmj
x

Redworm

x

x ♥ MIDGE!
it/he/they
> wishlist
> avatar
> FRT+0!
x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnature.gif
This breed is really awesome I love how they look and their genes as well! They've topped quite a few of my favorite dragon breeds in this game and might also be my favorite ancient breed but it's still early to tell. I managed to snag this little one in the AH the other day for a bit and a bit more with the genes i was able to acquire and apply. I can't wait for my little scaly flaming chicken to grow up so I can level him and develop him! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57506516] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/575066/57506516_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=43&breed=18&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=48&winggene=56&wings=93&auth=eb4757f462690e95197a5d06fcb281d36f64f49e&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
This breed is really awesome I love how they look and their genes as well! They've topped quite a few of my favorite dragon breeds in this game and might also be my favorite ancient breed but it's still early to tell.

I managed to snag this little one in the AH the other day for a bit and a bit more with the genes i was able to acquire and apply. I can't wait for my little scaly flaming chicken to grow up so I can level him and develop him!

57506516_350.png

dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=43&breed=18&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=48&winggene=56&wings=93&auth=eb4757f462690e95197a5d06fcb281d36f64f49e&dummyext=prev.png
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 142 143