Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [END] Town Of Secrets - Discussion
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Wait. Cat memes would not be complete without Bongo Cat.

Pity I don't know how to put in an image of Bongo Cat.
Wait. Cat memes would not be complete without Bongo Cat.

Pity I don't know how to put in an image of Bongo Cat.
[quote name="@Maithax" date="2019-11-23 16:45:26" ] [quote name="Corno" date="2019-11-12 17:44:43" ] [img]https://media3.giphy.com/media/HkEAY1Yu8UWLS/giphy.gif[/img] [/quote] Let me bring it back for everyone to see [/quote] Riiip. [color=transparent]Maithax, I don't know if this would matter, but I can be protected by your kind of protection. But it's up to you.
@Maithax wrote on 2019-11-23 16:45:26:
Corno wrote on 2019-11-12 17:44:43:
giphy.gif
Let me bring it back for everyone to see

Riiip. Maithax, I don't know if this would matter, but I can be protected by your kind of protection. But it's up to you.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
[quote name="@Corno" date="2019-11-23 15:23:24" ] Well I guess there’s nothing we can do right now But if I die tonight I’m cheering you on, ember [/quote] Thank you. :)
@Corno wrote on 2019-11-23 15:23:24:
Well I guess there’s nothing we can do right now

But if I die tonight I’m cheering you on, ember

Thank you. :)
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
Lockdown. No night actions will be accepted after this. Please do not post until the Start of Day post is up!
Lockdown. No night actions will be accepted after this. Please do not post until the Start of Day post is up!
Agrina/ Lena, she/ her pronouns, FR +0
ghostly_aura_by_dogi_crimson-da52936.gif tririddlebadge21_by_dragoonwys-dazbx1q.png
(very sorry, but flavor is going to be VERY late; i have some other responsibilities to get done, and i'm currently on mobile, not computer)
(very sorry, but flavor is going to be VERY late; i have some other responsibilities to get done, and i'm currently on mobile, not computer)
ghostly_aura_by_dogi_crimson-da52936.gif tririddlebadge21_by_dragoonwys-dazbx1q.png
Players: @creationswrath @Cognitive @LittolBoi @Tanglefire @QiEclipse @Dragonclaw101 @nightskyseer @Cattington @SoraStarSeer @Corno @Embertheskywing @Maithax
Subs: @Oricole
The great person who wrote all this delicious flavor: @Agrina
Start of Day 5

“The town didn’t sleep this night, too scared of the killers. One of those killers made their usual rounds, giving the herbalist a splitting headache, before returning to the empty meeting house. 

“A blacksmith, dressed in their old leather soldier’s armor, stood guard over yet another house. They kept their eyes on the road, expecting no one to visit like usual.

“But someone did visit. The town butcher gave in to the shining moon’s light, transforming. Their feet and hands became paws with wickedly sharp talons as their teammates, the tailor and the hexer, looked on. Bounding through the open door, the werecat disappeared into the night. The other two nodded at each other, and the tailor went to go murder the mayor- the only person stopping them from leaving the town.

“Really, what alerted the blacksmith was the thumping from the back door. They rushed to check, and saw a huge mountain lion slashing at the door. It noticed them, and sprung, but the blacksmith swung their sword in time to catch an artery before they were mauled.

“The rumormonger, who was the owner of the house, heard a commotion outside. Taking a peek, they gasped. Two bodies, one of the blacksmith, the other of a wildcat, lay on the bloody grass. As they watched, the corpse of the wildcat turned into a human, looking peaceful in the scene of death.

“The mayor had no idea that they were chosen to die that night, and when they opened their door, the needles surprised them. With no time to react, they dropped like a stone when the spray of needles hit their chest. The tailor smiled. They had secured their justice.

“Unbeknownst to them all, the rumormonger saw everything. The needles, the sadistic grin… they hadn’t believed the gravedigger’s suspicions, but they knew that it was too late.

“The mayor was dead, and so was the town.”

Maithax has died. They were a Human Blacksmith.
nightskyseer has died. They were the Werecat Assassin.
EmbertheSkywing has died. They were the Sorcerous Mayor.
A wincon has been achieved. Mafia has won.

Look forward to the upcoming End of Game post!

Players: @creationswrath @Cognitive @LittolBoi @Tanglefire @QiEclipse @Dragonclaw101 @nightskyseer @Cattington @SoraStarSeer @Corno @Embertheskywing @Maithax
The great person who wrote all this delicious flavor: @Agrina
Start of Day 5

“The town didn’t sleep this night, too scared of the killers. One of those killers made their usual rounds, giving the herbalist a splitting headache, before returning to the empty meeting house. 

“A blacksmith, dressed in their old leather soldier’s armor, stood guard over yet another house. They kept their eyes on the road, expecting no one to visit like usual.

“But someone did visit. The town butcher gave in to the shining moon’s light, transforming. Their feet and hands became paws with wickedly sharp talons as their teammates, the tailor and the hexer, looked on. Bounding through the open door, the werecat disappeared into the night. The other two nodded at each other, and the tailor went to go murder the mayor- the only person stopping them from leaving the town.

“Really, what alerted the blacksmith was the thumping from the back door. They rushed to check, and saw a huge mountain lion slashing at the door. It noticed them, and sprung, but the blacksmith swung their sword in time to catch an artery before they were mauled.

“The rumormonger, who was the owner of the house, heard a commotion outside. Taking a peek, they gasped. Two bodies, one of the blacksmith, the other of a wildcat, lay on the bloody grass. As they watched, the corpse of the wildcat turned into a human, looking peaceful in the scene of death.

“The mayor had no idea that they were chosen to die that night, and when they opened their door, the needles surprised them. With no time to react, they dropped like a stone when the spray of needles hit their chest. The tailor smiled. They had secured their justice.

“Unbeknownst to them all, the rumormonger saw everything. The needles, the sadistic grin… they hadn’t believed the gravedigger’s suspicions, but they knew that it was too late.

“The mayor was dead, and so was the town.”

Maithax has died. They were a Human Blacksmith.
nightskyseer has died. They were the Werecat Assassin.
EmbertheSkywing has died. They were the Sorcerous Mayor.
A wincon has been achieved. Mafia has won.

Look forward to the upcoming End of Game post!

jghAv2V.png
The mods: @Agrina @StormDreamer

???

The children were blessedly silent for a few minutes, realizing that the innocents hadn’t won.

Owl cleared her throat, breaking the heavy silence. “So, the town didn’t find the culprits. What happened next?”
---

“The rumormonger tried to flee the town in the middle of the night, but the hexer was stationed near the main path to the city. The hexer’s destructive magic easily overpowered the simple sight magic the rumormonger had, striking them down with one spell.” Sky narrated, looking deep into the dying flames. Everyone leaned forward to hear better, entranced by the end of the story.

“As the sun rose over the town, the herbalist was the only living innocent to wake. They yawned and walked to the gallows, where the hexer, tailor and ghost of the lookout waited.”

Sky hesitated, before continuing. “The tailor was the one to finish the herbalist off, and the hexer dispelled the lookout. Then the tailor tried to kill the hexer.” She stopped again.

The story was making her relive the event she was sharing. Sky closed her eyes. It had been so long since she had tried to remember their names that she didn’t bother, only falling into one of her last clear memories.

The herbalist’s screams were cut short by the tailor jabbing one last needle into their windpipe, cutting off their air.

“And that was for your lies you shared with the gossip. You know I never did those things, but you
must see how your words hurt me deeply.” the tailor crooned, patting the herbalist’s forehead. They resembled more a pincushion than they did a human.

The lookout watched quietly, eyes full of pain and torment. Facing them, the hexer held an orb of magic in their palm, ready to launch it at the ghost of the lookout. The tailor clicked their tongue.

“What are you waiting for? Take them out, hexer dearest.”

A
whoosh of purple and the lookout was gone, dissipated into wisps. There was silence for a moment, before the hexer spoke.

“So. You made us do your dirty work, and now my friend is dead. Are you happy now, tailor?” the hexer bit out, eyes shiny.

“I am, in fact. But there is one last townsperson who knows what I’ve done… Once they’re gone, this will be the perfect crime.” They threw a needle at the hexer. It landed perfectly, and the tailor grinned and walked away, expecting to hear the thump of their lackey’s body. It never came.

Instead, a bolt of magic seared into them, shot straight through their heart. “Ah, foolish tailor. I expected this.” The hexer stood shakily and placed a hand on their chest, pulling out the needle and neutralizing the poison with their magic. “The werecat wouldn’t have wanted me to hurt you badly, so you got a quick death.” They turned away from the body and gently placed the werecat’s limp form in one of the cemetery’s pre-dug holes, covering it with soil.

As the sun set, the hexer wiped the dust from their clothes. “Goodbye, hateful town.”
And with that, they left, never turning back to see the lone ghost flickering behind, stuck in the forest.

“The hexer expected it, of course,” Sky whispered. Her voice grew stronger. “And they killed the betraying tailor, before burying the werecat and leaving the town forever.”

The children cheered. Someone had gotten justice!

The fire flickered, burnt to embers. Owl clapped her hands. “Oh no! We have to clean up and get back home! And… I never got your name.”

Chuckling, the teenager answered. “Call me Storm, little Owl. Thank you for letting me come with you.” Storm smiled and waved, walking deeper into the forest. Owl waved back and herded the rest of the kids home, bringing them to their families. She bid them goodbye as she sleepily trudged back to her own house and parents.

After a good night’s sleep, and dreams of a green forest, she woke to the sun streaming through her bedroom windows. Leaping from her bed, Owl ate a quick breakfast before changing into her exploring gear and setting out into the neighborhood.

She waved at her neighbors and walked down the sidewalk, toward the greener part of town. As she passed other kids, one of them yelled at her.

“Agrina! You got me in trouble, you know, since we didn’t get an adult to watch us!” the boy from the day before exclaimed, tears streaming from his eyes.

“But we had a teenager! Wouldn’t that be enough?” Owl asked in confusion, tilting her head to the side.

“What teenager? Now you’re just making things up! And the story really scared me, I couldn’t sleep all last night!” The boy cried some more, pouting at her.

She stared at him. “Uh… okay?” Maybe he’s just tired… he didn’t remember Sky- I mean, Storm? Weird. Owl passed more houses, before stopping at the local park.

“Hey, Erica!” Owl sat down next to her friend, reading a book on a park bench. “What did you think of yesterday’s campfire storytelling?”

Erica closed her book, keeping her finger on the page. “Hi, Agrina! Well, I thought it was good. You told a really cool story last night, I remember… Maybe we should have you do that again!”

Owl laughed nervously. “Ahaha… yeah… maybe you should…!” She smiled, masking her fear with a false grin before turning away toward the forest.

No one else remembers her… what’s going on? Owl took a step into the sunlit forest, looking around.

“Storm? Storm! Where are you?” No response. Fearing the worst, Owl tore through the forest, searching for Storm. She panted, spotting a dark shape in the distance. There! As she ran closer, the blur became more distinct.

Owl gasped, eyes widening as she looked around. It was an abandoned village, with moss and ivy overtaking the houses. A noose swung lightly from a rotting wooden beam, and a cracked and broken fountain sat in the town square.

“She wasn’t just telling a story, was she?”

fin.
thank you for playing and reading! this was very stressful to write for, but i think it was worth the time and effort.
everyone may talk now.
The mods: @Agrina @StormDreamer

???

The children were blessedly silent for a few minutes, realizing that the innocents hadn’t won.

Owl cleared her throat, breaking the heavy silence. “So, the town didn’t find the culprits. What happened next?”
---

“The rumormonger tried to flee the town in the middle of the night, but the hexer was stationed near the main path to the city. The hexer’s destructive magic easily overpowered the simple sight magic the rumormonger had, striking them down with one spell.” Sky narrated, looking deep into the dying flames. Everyone leaned forward to hear better, entranced by the end of the story.

“As the sun rose over the town, the herbalist was the only living innocent to wake. They yawned and walked to the gallows, where the hexer, tailor and ghost of the lookout waited.”

Sky hesitated, before continuing. “The tailor was the one to finish the herbalist off, and the hexer dispelled the lookout. Then the tailor tried to kill the hexer.” She stopped again.

The story was making her relive the event she was sharing. Sky closed her eyes. It had been so long since she had tried to remember their names that she didn’t bother, only falling into one of her last clear memories.

The herbalist’s screams were cut short by the tailor jabbing one last needle into their windpipe, cutting off their air.

“And that was for your lies you shared with the gossip. You know I never did those things, but you
must see how your words hurt me deeply.” the tailor crooned, patting the herbalist’s forehead. They resembled more a pincushion than they did a human.

The lookout watched quietly, eyes full of pain and torment. Facing them, the hexer held an orb of magic in their palm, ready to launch it at the ghost of the lookout. The tailor clicked their tongue.

“What are you waiting for? Take them out, hexer dearest.”

A
whoosh of purple and the lookout was gone, dissipated into wisps. There was silence for a moment, before the hexer spoke.

“So. You made us do your dirty work, and now my friend is dead. Are you happy now, tailor?” the hexer bit out, eyes shiny.

“I am, in fact. But there is one last townsperson who knows what I’ve done… Once they’re gone, this will be the perfect crime.” They threw a needle at the hexer. It landed perfectly, and the tailor grinned and walked away, expecting to hear the thump of their lackey’s body. It never came.

Instead, a bolt of magic seared into them, shot straight through their heart. “Ah, foolish tailor. I expected this.” The hexer stood shakily and placed a hand on their chest, pulling out the needle and neutralizing the poison with their magic. “The werecat wouldn’t have wanted me to hurt you badly, so you got a quick death.” They turned away from the body and gently placed the werecat’s limp form in one of the cemetery’s pre-dug holes, covering it with soil.

As the sun set, the hexer wiped the dust from their clothes. “Goodbye, hateful town.”
And with that, they left, never turning back to see the lone ghost flickering behind, stuck in the forest.

“The hexer expected it, of course,” Sky whispered. Her voice grew stronger. “And they killed the betraying tailor, before burying the werecat and leaving the town forever.”

The children cheered. Someone had gotten justice!

The fire flickered, burnt to embers. Owl clapped her hands. “Oh no! We have to clean up and get back home! And… I never got your name.”

Chuckling, the teenager answered. “Call me Storm, little Owl. Thank you for letting me come with you.” Storm smiled and waved, walking deeper into the forest. Owl waved back and herded the rest of the kids home, bringing them to their families. She bid them goodbye as she sleepily trudged back to her own house and parents.

After a good night’s sleep, and dreams of a green forest, she woke to the sun streaming through her bedroom windows. Leaping from her bed, Owl ate a quick breakfast before changing into her exploring gear and setting out into the neighborhood.

She waved at her neighbors and walked down the sidewalk, toward the greener part of town. As she passed other kids, one of them yelled at her.

“Agrina! You got me in trouble, you know, since we didn’t get an adult to watch us!” the boy from the day before exclaimed, tears streaming from his eyes.

“But we had a teenager! Wouldn’t that be enough?” Owl asked in confusion, tilting her head to the side.

“What teenager? Now you’re just making things up! And the story really scared me, I couldn’t sleep all last night!” The boy cried some more, pouting at her.

She stared at him. “Uh… okay?” Maybe he’s just tired… he didn’t remember Sky- I mean, Storm? Weird. Owl passed more houses, before stopping at the local park.

“Hey, Erica!” Owl sat down next to her friend, reading a book on a park bench. “What did you think of yesterday’s campfire storytelling?”

Erica closed her book, keeping her finger on the page. “Hi, Agrina! Well, I thought it was good. You told a really cool story last night, I remember… Maybe we should have you do that again!”

Owl laughed nervously. “Ahaha… yeah… maybe you should…!” She smiled, masking her fear with a false grin before turning away toward the forest.

No one else remembers her… what’s going on? Owl took a step into the sunlit forest, looking around.

“Storm? Storm! Where are you?” No response. Fearing the worst, Owl tore through the forest, searching for Storm. She panted, spotting a dark shape in the distance. There! As she ran closer, the blur became more distinct.

Owl gasped, eyes widening as she looked around. It was an abandoned village, with moss and ivy overtaking the houses. A noose swung lightly from a rotting wooden beam, and a cracked and broken fountain sat in the town square.

“She wasn’t just telling a story, was she?”

fin.
thank you for playing and reading! this was very stressful to write for, but i think it was worth the time and effort.
everyone may talk now.
Ha! I won! I was the hexer!
Ha! I won! I was the hexer!
the end of game post involved present me and two versions of past me. that's how long it took.
but congrats mafia! we'll share our mod doc and spreadsheet soon with you guys. hope you enjoyed this game.
the end of game post involved present me and two versions of past me. that's how long it took.
but congrats mafia! we'll share our mod doc and spreadsheet soon with you guys. hope you enjoyed this game.
Lol gg everyone!
Lol gg everyone!
I4TUkY9.png
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74