Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pearlcatcher Realization
1 2 3 4
Are we not gonna talk about this even more cursed part about pearlcatchers?

"After hatching, a young dragon will immediately consume its eggshell before its wings have had the chance to finish drying. Several hours later, they will regurgitate a large, lustrous pearl. They grow and maintain their pearl by secreting a thick, black mucus that cures to a smooth, iridescent sheen. Each new layer added to their pearl is believed to be the essence of what they've recently experienced, a memory made tangible and added to the whole of who they are".

"After hatching, a young dragon will immediately consume its eggshell before its wings have had the chance to finish drying. Several hours later, they will regurgitate a large, lustrous pearl. They grow and maintain their pearl by secreting a thick, black mucus that cures to a smooth, iridescent sheen. Each new layer added to their pearl is believed to be the essence of what they've recently experienced, a memory made tangible and added to the whole of who they are".
dino-child-water-pixel.gif
[quote name="reshiram5875" date="2019-11-01 18:30:50" ] Are we not gonna talk about this even more cursed part about pearlcatchers? "After hatching, a young dragon will immediately consume its eggshell before its wings have had the chance to finish drying. Several hours later, they will regurgitate a large, lustrous pearl. They grow and maintain their pearl by secreting a thick, black mucus that cures to a smooth, iridescent sheen. Each new layer added to their pearl is believed to be the essence of what they've recently experienced, a memory made tangible and added to the whole of who they are". [/quote] I mean. that just seems like a unique and creative design choice to me and it isn't based on a PUN. the true enemy
reshiram5875 wrote on 2019-11-01 18:30:50:

I mean. that just seems like a unique and creative design choice to me
and it isn't based on a PUN. the true enemy
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2019-11-01 18:34:24" ] [quote name="reshiram5875" date="2019-11-01 18:30:50" ] Are we not gonna talk about this even more cursed part about pearlcatchers? "After hatching, a young dragon will immediately consume its eggshell before its wings have had the chance to finish drying. Several hours later, they will regurgitate a large, lustrous pearl. They grow and maintain their pearl by secreting a thick, black mucus that cures to a smooth, iridescent sheen. Each new layer added to their pearl is believed to be the essence of what they've recently experienced, a memory made tangible and added to the whole of who they are". [/quote] I mean. that just seems like a unique and creative design choice to me and it isn't based on a PUN. the true enemy [/quote] You don't realise this, their soul is basically the pearl, destroy the pearl I'd asume they lose their personality.
Drakessis wrote on 2019-11-01 18:34:24:

You don't realise this, their soul is basically the pearl, destroy the pearl I'd asume they lose their personality.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
[quote name="Alfamangle" date="2019-11-01 20:46:49" ] You don't realise this, their soul is basically the pearl, destroy the pearl I'd asume they lose their personality. [/quote] I never really interpreted it that way, but even if that is the case? cool and unique design choice [s]and that's not all that different from the way alot of people tend to interpret guardians' charges... but this is my pun thread not my headcanon gripes thread jfjgukj[/s]
Alfamangle wrote on 2019-11-01 20:46:49:
You don't realise this, their soul is basically the pearl, destroy the pearl I'd asume they lose their personality.

I never really interpreted it that way, but even if that is the case? cool and unique design choice
and that's not all that different from the way alot of people tend to interpret guardians' charges... but this is my pun thread not my headcanon gripes thread jfjgukj
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Alfamangle" date="2019-11-01 20:46:49" ] [quote name="Drakessis" date="2019-11-01 18:34:24" ] [quote name="reshiram5875" date="2019-11-01 18:30:50" ] Are we not gonna talk about this even more cursed part about pearlcatchers? "After hatching, a young dragon will immediately consume its eggshell before its wings have had the chance to finish drying. Several hours later, they will regurgitate a large, lustrous pearl. They grow and maintain their pearl by secreting a thick, black mucus that cures to a smooth, iridescent sheen. Each new layer added to their pearl is believed to be the essence of what they've recently experienced, a memory made tangible and added to the whole of who they are". [/quote] I mean. that just seems like a unique and creative design choice to me and it isn't based on a PUN. the true enemy [/quote] You don't realise this, their soul is basically the pearl, destroy the pearl I'd asume they lose their personality. [/quote] Oh great new lore ideas and a reason to finally buy a pearlcatcher
Alfamangle wrote on 2019-11-01 20:46:49:
Drakessis wrote on 2019-11-01 18:34:24:

Oh great new lore ideas and a reason to finally buy a pearlcatcher
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
this is the best thing ever and i am so happy to have my drama queens
this is the best thing ever and i am so happy to have my drama queens
my name is jade. i like dragons

i have a smol multi-gaze sanctuary. multi-gaze needs love always
Can confirm! ;)
Can confirm! ;)
233223436&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Shining
[/url]
I don't get it
I don't get it
akueye3.png
[quote name="ThanosBottomText" date="2019-11-02 06:52:40" ] I don't get it [/quote] @ThanosBottomText 'Clutching your pearls' is an idiom for acting shocked and disgusted at something, especially acting more so than you really feel. Pearlcatchers are haughty & like to gossip (situations/traits that tend to lead to a lot of 'clutching one's pearls'), AND they literally hold a huge pearl. Thus, they both literally and figuratively clutch their pearls a lot.
ThanosBottomText wrote on 2019-11-02 06:52:40:
I don't get it
@ThanosBottomText
'Clutching your pearls' is an idiom for acting shocked and disgusted at something, especially acting more so than you really feel. Pearlcatchers are haughty & like to gossip (situations/traits that tend to lead to a lot of 'clutching one's pearls'), AND they literally hold a huge pearl. Thus, they both literally and figuratively clutch their pearls a lot.
Gr15mqs.png
I6Ay4yi.gifwLQRY4q.gif
huh
I always thought the pearls were a reference to some chinese or korean dragons (Maybe its a reference AND a pun?) but thats pretty clever :o
huh
I always thought the pearls were a reference to some chinese or korean dragons (Maybe its a reference AND a pun?) but thats pretty clever :o
furry_fiddle.png
1 2 3 4