Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Amalgamation of Ancients
The prisoners of the dungeon were silent. The space owned by the harpies held eleven dragons, each an ancient, stolen from the depths of their homeland. Each was afraid, though they showed it in different ways. Each hated the rest, but all had a common goal: to escape. To get back to their own homeland. To fulfill their sworn duty given by their deity.
None knew of the horrors that would come of their shared hate, fear, and desire.

"Are we stuck here forever?" the Light entity complained for the millionth time.

"You will be if you keep asking that!" shouted the Plague entity.

"That was the first time!" Light protested.

"No, you said it before. About thirty times," Arcane said, not unkindly.

"Sorry. I forgot." Light mumbled, slumping in it's cell. Three harpies stepped into the corridor, whispering in confusion.

"What is it? I've never seen a creature like it."

"I don't know. Maybe a new dragon?"

"Hey, how about a riddle? You don't solve it and I go free. You do, and I have to stay here forever." This was Shadow, ever hopeful of tricking the harpies into letting it free. The harpy squawked in surprise, then immediately took her friends out of the cave. "Argh! I thought I had them!"

"Stop trying! Their obviously not going to fall for it! I wouldn't fall for a Shadow dragon's tricks!" Water growled.

"They don't know I'm a Shadow dragon. Besides, you would," Shadow snickered.

"No! I wouldn't!" Water growled deeply, then yelled something incomprehensible about a fish.

"Let's test that theory," Shadow smiled warmly, which was an obvious sign it was up to no good.

"No, you're going to make it impossible, or something like that!" Water paced back and forth in it's cave, muttering.

"Well, that's fine. Plague would do better than you any way." At this statement, Plague jerked it's head up, suddenly interested now that it's name had been said.

"Fine! I'll do it!" Water jumped to the front of it's cage.

"Aaaand you've fallen for Shadow's trick." Wind clapped slowly.

Water sputtered, trying to say a good comeback, then just settled for, "Says the giant noodle!" Then a shadow passed over the door. Talona walked in, full of menace.

"These? These are ancients. The dragons of old, woken from their slumber." Talona turned to a guard next to her. "You say you caught them in he middle of their homelands?"

"Yes, ma'am. They caught us spying, so we grabbed them."

"Well, you can keep them here. If their still alive, tell your children to do the same. They're not leaving. Ever." Fire hissed as the harpy stalked away.

"How do we escape?" Nature asked despairingly.

The screams of the harpies shattered the earthen plains. A black shape, with eleven heads, eleven sets of legs, eleven pairs of wings stood over them and roared, many heads raising to the sky, jaws open wide to share their freedom with the world. It was a culmination of the Ancients' hate, fear, and desire. It was The Amalgamation.

This is a lore project, hopefully going to span many clans. The whole thing is that The Amalgamation, a being that was made when the dark energy of the Ancients' negative emotions combined to create the most powerful and terrifying magical and non-magical creature in Sornieth and beyond.
The prisoners of the dungeon were silent. The space owned by the harpies held eleven dragons, each an ancient, stolen from the depths of their homeland. Each was afraid, though they showed it in different ways. Each hated the rest, but all had a common goal: to escape. To get back to their own homeland. To fulfill their sworn duty given by their deity.
None knew of the horrors that would come of their shared hate, fear, and desire.

"Are we stuck here forever?" the Light entity complained for the millionth time.

"You will be if you keep asking that!" shouted the Plague entity.

"That was the first time!" Light protested.

"No, you said it before. About thirty times," Arcane said, not unkindly.

"Sorry. I forgot." Light mumbled, slumping in it's cell. Three harpies stepped into the corridor, whispering in confusion.

"What is it? I've never seen a creature like it."

"I don't know. Maybe a new dragon?"

"Hey, how about a riddle? You don't solve it and I go free. You do, and I have to stay here forever." This was Shadow, ever hopeful of tricking the harpies into letting it free. The harpy squawked in surprise, then immediately took her friends out of the cave. "Argh! I thought I had them!"

"Stop trying! Their obviously not going to fall for it! I wouldn't fall for a Shadow dragon's tricks!" Water growled.

"They don't know I'm a Shadow dragon. Besides, you would," Shadow snickered.

"No! I wouldn't!" Water growled deeply, then yelled something incomprehensible about a fish.

"Let's test that theory," Shadow smiled warmly, which was an obvious sign it was up to no good.

"No, you're going to make it impossible, or something like that!" Water paced back and forth in it's cave, muttering.

"Well, that's fine. Plague would do better than you any way." At this statement, Plague jerked it's head up, suddenly interested now that it's name had been said.

"Fine! I'll do it!" Water jumped to the front of it's cage.

"Aaaand you've fallen for Shadow's trick." Wind clapped slowly.

Water sputtered, trying to say a good comeback, then just settled for, "Says the giant noodle!" Then a shadow passed over the door. Talona walked in, full of menace.

"These? These are ancients. The dragons of old, woken from their slumber." Talona turned to a guard next to her. "You say you caught them in he middle of their homelands?"

"Yes, ma'am. They caught us spying, so we grabbed them."

"Well, you can keep them here. If their still alive, tell your children to do the same. They're not leaving. Ever." Fire hissed as the harpy stalked away.

"How do we escape?" Nature asked despairingly.

The screams of the harpies shattered the earthen plains. A black shape, with eleven heads, eleven sets of legs, eleven pairs of wings stood over them and roared, many heads raising to the sky, jaws open wide to share their freedom with the world. It was a culmination of the Ancients' hate, fear, and desire. It was The Amalgamation.

This is a lore project, hopefully going to span many clans. The whole thing is that The Amalgamation, a being that was made when the dark energy of the Ancients' negative emotions combined to create the most powerful and terrifying magical and non-magical creature in Sornieth and beyond.
ImLwTCX.png
Hatchery:
----
Skins:
----
Hatchery:
----
Skins:
----
ImLwTCX.png
This is a haphazard jumble of things I think of. Anybody want to add? Send me a message. ___________________________________________________________________________ Rune: [img]https://i.imgur.com/j1d69Ah.png[/img] ___________________________________________________________________________ [i]The Amalgamation's[/i] goal is to bring chaos. As it has eleven main minds, it does not think clearly. It is made of pure negative energy, and negative energy can't be destroyed, only given away, shared. There are three main tiers of dragons under it's control. The Mindless, the Disciples, and the Reformed, each with their own sub-tiers. ----- [b]The Mindless[/b]: The Mindless are dragons that are new followers of [i]The Amalgamation[/i]. They are a hivemind, incapable of anything more than basic thought. All higher functions, like decisions and tactical planning, are made by Reformed Commanders, which are psychically linked to different battalions of Mindless. The Mindless are many in numbers, as they serve no purpose other than to be expendable soldiers. The sub-tiers are below, in order of decreasing rank. [b]Captain:[/b] The smartest Mindless. In charge of keeping a list of their battalion. Only one captain per battalion. Expendable. [b]Lieutenant:[/b] Organizes battalion into formation. Best link to Reformed Commanders. One lieutenant per battalion. Expendable. [b]Spy:[/b] Maps out opposing region. Five per battalion. Expendable. [b]Soldier:[/b] Fights. No specific number per battalion. Expendable. ----- [b]The Disciples:[/b] Were once Mindless, are now free and trustworthy, because they have been Mindless long enough to have ingrained primary directives into their minds. Have no authority, though they are considered higher-tiered than the Mindless. The categories and sub-tiers are as follows: [u][b]Prophets:[/b] Disciples capable of wandering through an entire Elemental Region.[/u] [b]Prophet First-Tier:[/b] Confined to sub-region, in charge of that sub-region's Prophet Overseers. Not expendable. [b]Prophet Overseer:[/b] Confined to one Flight clan. Spreads word of [i]The Amalgamation[/i] throughout that clan, then oversees the growth of the un-ranked Progressive Ones. Expendable. [u][b]Clan Disciples:[/b] Disciples that live in clans. Serve as normal clans.[/u] [b]Disciple Leader:[/b] A clan leader. Expendable. [b]Disciple Civilian:[/b] A normal citizen. Expendable. ----- [b]The Reformed:[/b] Dragons that have been under [i]The Amalgamation's[/i] rule so long that they have become beings of the Eldritch. All Reformed maintain a psychic link to [i]The Amalgamation[/i], used to give commands. Reformed are not expendable. [b]Reformed Ruler:[/b] Second in command of all Followers. Second only to [i]The Amalgamation[/i]. Only one. [b]Reformed Captain:[/b] Leaders of Mindless Battalions, psychically linked to their battalion. [b]Reformed Guard:[/b] Guardians of either Reformed Soldiers, Reformed Civilians, or [i]The Amalgamation[/i] itself. [b]Reformed Soldier:[/b] Trained to kill opposing medics, strategists, and other important dragons. [b]Reformed Civilian:[/b] Normal citizens. Not trained to fight, but will sometimes break into violent rages. ___________________________________________________________________________ [b]The Broken Ones:[/b] Reformed rebels, they have been able to think for themselves so long, they begin to question their primary directives. Not all Reformed get to this stage, but they have a higher chance of it when a Reformed breaks. The Reformed Ruler is the only reformed that cannot possibly break, because their job is to take Broken Ones out of their homes and into containment before they break. Broken Ones are unranked, like the Progressive Ones, but not nurtured and cared for. They are put into a container just big enough to hold themselves, then left there. They, like all Reformed, though they are not called Reformed, do not need food or water. Broken Ones all show physical changes when in this stage, including a rare instance of breed change. All have at least a small amount of color shift.
This is a haphazard jumble of things I think of. Anybody want to add? Send me a message.
The Amalgamation's goal is to bring chaos. As it has eleven main minds, it does not think clearly. It is made of pure negative energy, and negative energy can't be destroyed, only given away, shared. There are three main tiers of dragons under it's control. The Mindless, the Disciples, and the Reformed, each with their own sub-tiers.
The Mindless:
The Mindless are dragons that are new followers of The Amalgamation. They are a hivemind, incapable of anything more than basic thought. All higher functions, like decisions and tactical planning, are made by Reformed Commanders, which are psychically linked to different battalions of Mindless. The Mindless are many in numbers, as they serve no purpose other than to be expendable soldiers. The sub-tiers are below, in order of decreasing rank.
Captain: The smartest Mindless. In charge of keeping a list of their battalion. Only one captain per battalion. Expendable.
Lieutenant: Organizes battalion into formation. Best link to Reformed Commanders. One lieutenant per battalion. Expendable.
Spy: Maps out opposing region. Five per battalion. Expendable.
Soldier: Fights. No specific number per battalion. Expendable.
The Disciples:
Were once Mindless, are now free and trustworthy, because they have been Mindless long enough to have ingrained primary directives into their minds. Have no authority, though they are considered higher-tiered than the Mindless. The categories and sub-tiers are as follows:
Prophets: Disciples capable of wandering through an entire Elemental Region.
Prophet First-Tier: Confined to sub-region, in charge of that sub-region's Prophet Overseers. Not expendable.
Prophet Overseer: Confined to one Flight clan. Spreads word of The Amalgamation throughout that clan, then oversees the growth of the un-ranked Progressive Ones. Expendable.
Clan Disciples: Disciples that live in clans. Serve as normal clans.
Disciple Leader: A clan leader. Expendable.
Disciple Civilian: A normal citizen. Expendable.
The Reformed:
Dragons that have been under The Amalgamation's rule so long that they have become beings of the Eldritch. All Reformed maintain a psychic link to The Amalgamation, used to give commands. Reformed are not expendable.
Reformed Ruler: Second in command of all Followers. Second only to The Amalgamation. Only one.
Reformed Captain: Leaders of Mindless Battalions, psychically linked to their battalion.
Reformed Guard: Guardians of either Reformed Soldiers, Reformed Civilians, or The Amalgamation itself.
Reformed Soldier: Trained to kill opposing medics, strategists, and other important dragons.
Reformed Civilian: Normal citizens. Not trained to fight, but will sometimes break into violent rages.
Reformed rebels, they have been able to think for themselves so long, they begin to question their primary directives. Not all Reformed get to this stage, but they have a higher chance of it when a Reformed breaks. The Reformed Ruler is the only reformed that cannot possibly break, because their job is to take Broken Ones out of their homes and into containment before they break.
Broken Ones are unranked, like the Progressive Ones, but not nurtured and cared for. They are put into a container just big enough to hold themselves, then left there. They, like all Reformed, though they are not called Reformed, do not need food or water. Broken Ones all show physical changes when in this stage, including a rare instance of breed change. All have at least a small amount of color shift.
ImLwTCX.png
Update Pinglist:
----
Update Pinglist:
----
ImLwTCX.png
Reserved.
Reserved.
ImLwTCX.png
Reserved.
Reserved.
ImLwTCX.png