Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | College Students, Where Ya At?
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28 29
@AlwaysFlying
I'm leaning towards a business degree. I'm very interested in art, but it doesn't seem like a realistic major to shoot for. In my case, I really just want something that I can complete easily and quickly with the credits I already have accumulated. I just want to go be a bank teller or something that pays well and has regular 9 to 5 or 6 to 2 hours. That way I can be available for my kiddo before/after school.
I only said bank teller because I knew a woman who had a teaching degree and actually worked at my bank. She was telling me that the degree I get doesn't matter unless I really want to be something specific like a doctor or lawyer. I don't want to spend any more time in college than I have to. I'm going to look into some other 2 year programs and see if there's anything that fits my lifestyle. I just don't want to throw away the work I already put in. I'd like to find a career path and then work towards it. I'm 26. It will probably be years before I get back on track
@AlwaysFlying
I'm leaning towards a business degree. I'm very interested in art, but it doesn't seem like a realistic major to shoot for. In my case, I really just want something that I can complete easily and quickly with the credits I already have accumulated. I just want to go be a bank teller or something that pays well and has regular 9 to 5 or 6 to 2 hours. That way I can be available for my kiddo before/after school.
I only said bank teller because I knew a woman who had a teaching degree and actually worked at my bank. She was telling me that the degree I get doesn't matter unless I really want to be something specific like a doctor or lawyer. I don't want to spend any more time in college than I have to. I'm going to look into some other 2 year programs and see if there's anything that fits my lifestyle. I just don't want to throw away the work I already put in. I'd like to find a career path and then work towards it. I'm 26. It will probably be years before I get back on track
af0231562e2fd316f2c9e094c43e6943a0d7e810.png
I'm in school for nursing atm! Just started this September. It's been hard as hell. Since the first week was our introduction week making us 'behind on classes' we had two weeks worth of homework on the first weekend hahah.

Its very rewarding though! The hospital simulations I get to do have made it all worth it!
I'm in school for nursing atm! Just started this September. It's been hard as hell. Since the first week was our introduction week making us 'behind on classes' we had two weeks worth of homework on the first weekend hahah.

Its very rewarding though! The hospital simulations I get to do have made it all worth it!
hgyV5mU.png
@AlwaysFlying

aaa thank you!!! ill be sure to let you know ndksnd
@AlwaysFlying

aaa thank you!!! ill be sure to let you know ndksnd
9kdHR3U.png fdenfoe nfowianfione Jkia4Ga.png fdenfoe nfowianfione yX5qHgJ.png
@kelsey3478
That makes sense. I'm sure that there are programs for people in situations like yours or who just want to be done with college quickly. You still have a lot of time ahead of you, you've got it!

@Naptune
Ooh, there are a ton of nursing students on my hall this year (including my roommate)! Oh gosh, 2 weeks of homework in one weekend? No thanks! It sounds like it is really rewarding. What made you want to do nursing!

@Whimsun
Haha, yeah!
@kelsey3478
That makes sense. I'm sure that there are programs for people in situations like yours or who just want to be done with college quickly. You still have a lot of time ahead of you, you've got it!

@Naptune
Ooh, there are a ton of nursing students on my hall this year (including my roommate)! Oh gosh, 2 weeks of homework in one weekend? No thanks! It sounds like it is really rewarding. What made you want to do nursing!

@Whimsun
Haha, yeah!
in the corner crying over basic math

Currently working on a Programming degree, I'd love to start my own business or even get into coding or art for games once I'm out ^^ psychology is definitely an interesting field!
in the corner crying over basic math

Currently working on a Programming degree, I'd love to start my own business or even get into coding or art for games once I'm out ^^ psychology is definitely an interesting field!
"When you're going to change the world, don't ask for permission."
VIKTOR | ARCANE
jEoykqi.png
@Magmis
Ooh, that sounds cool! How long have you been doing programming?
@Magmis
Ooh, that sounds cool! How long have you been doing programming?
@AlwaysFlying I started coding in junior year of high school, and since then I've gotten into more complex stuff with a few friends (I at first went to school for art, and dropped tech for a few years) and finally decided to go to school for it when I was offered a full ride locally. All in all, that makes it about five years since I first touched it :)
@AlwaysFlying I started coding in junior year of high school, and since then I've gotten into more complex stuff with a few friends (I at first went to school for art, and dropped tech for a few years) and finally decided to go to school for it when I was offered a full ride locally. All in all, that makes it about five years since I first touched it :)
VIKTOR | ARCANE
jEoykqi.png
@Magmis
That's cool! What's your favorite thing about it?
@Magmis
That's cool! What's your favorite thing about it?
@AlwaysFlying I think what fascinates me the most, not just about the coding I have to do but about coding in general, is almost everything has coding behind it- and coding for that coding, and so on. It's also been absolutely mind-blowing to learn how we got from simple computers like the abacus to binary to the programming languages we have today- I can't comprehend just how strong the minds were that worked on those advancements. Technology and advancements never cease amaze me
@AlwaysFlying I think what fascinates me the most, not just about the coding I have to do but about coding in general, is almost everything has coding behind it- and coding for that coding, and so on. It's also been absolutely mind-blowing to learn how we got from simple computers like the abacus to binary to the programming languages we have today- I can't comprehend just how strong the minds were that worked on those advancements. Technology and advancements never cease amaze me
VIKTOR | ARCANE
jEoykqi.png
@Magmis
That sounds really interesting. I don't think I'd ever be able to really grasp that! I remember I tried coding for a bit (even took a class) and I was never fantastic at it haha. I guess some people just have a mind for it!
@Magmis
That sounds really interesting. I don't think I'd ever be able to really grasp that! I remember I tried coding for a bit (even took a class) and I was never fantastic at it haha. I guess some people just have a mind for it!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28 29