Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mahjong: Replace Scratch and Coin tiles
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/45868ec7ccb11df76c33d25ad85dbacd/26fca3e688f0dfa1-d1/s540x810/cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png[/img] Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^
cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png

Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^
nXzCm1w.png
@TinyGryphon I love them! They're a lot more distinct too!
@TinyGryphon I love them! They're a lot more distinct too!
FR-Trinket-Bottle-A-Amariel.gif greysun.png Greyscales
» she/her
» fr time +15
» nest network
Never gonna give you up.
Never gonna let you down.
Never gonna run around
and desert you.
@TinyGryphon Those are so very nice!
@TinyGryphon Those are so very nice!
[quote name="TinyGryphon" date="2019-09-20 22:31:23" ] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/45868ec7ccb11df76c33d25ad85dbacd/26fca3e688f0dfa1-d1/s540x810/cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png[/img] Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^ [/quote] I like this solution a lot. Also makes it clear to me that the angle of the scratches is what makes them difficult to decipher to my eye.
TinyGryphon wrote on 2019-09-20 22:31:23:
cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png

Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^

I like this solution a lot. Also makes it clear to me that the angle of the scratches is what makes them difficult to decipher to my eye.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
It might have been brought up before but most mahjong games I've played allow different tile sets.

It might be too much but it would probably add a decent amount of variability for people with issues. It also means people who don't want tiles to disappear get what they want and people who want different tiles get what they want.

There could be familiar based tiles, Item based tiles maybe - the food, meat, plant, seafood symbols and maybe some of the basic easy to recognize items... maybe a set with the breed emoji's once they're all released? All could be mixed and matched with the elemental tiles or the seasonal tiles since those are mostly universal.

Otherwise, I have had problems differentiating the scratches but it hasn't hindered me too much since I can continually shuffle the board if progress eludes me, unlike most other Mahjong games that penalize you for doing so or where it's just not an option.

All-in-all I wouldn't mind if they changed up the scratches or just gave us more options in general.
It might have been brought up before but most mahjong games I've played allow different tile sets.

It might be too much but it would probably add a decent amount of variability for people with issues. It also means people who don't want tiles to disappear get what they want and people who want different tiles get what they want.

There could be familiar based tiles, Item based tiles maybe - the food, meat, plant, seafood symbols and maybe some of the basic easy to recognize items... maybe a set with the breed emoji's once they're all released? All could be mixed and matched with the elemental tiles or the seasonal tiles since those are mostly universal.

Otherwise, I have had problems differentiating the scratches but it hasn't hindered me too much since I can continually shuffle the board if progress eludes me, unlike most other Mahjong games that penalize you for doing so or where it's just not an option.

All-in-all I wouldn't mind if they changed up the scratches or just gave us more options in general.
IT7iTv8.png
Normally I don't chime in here, but I really support replacing the scratch and coin tiles with something more recognizable.

The game's oddly addictive, but eyestrain is no fun. My vision is pretty poor, and even with the screen scaled up it's extremely difficult for me to visually differentiate the coin and scratch tiles from one another in their own respective categories.

Maybe making the coins higher contrast would help (I guess it would make them resemble dominos instead), but some of the clusters of scratches are so tiny that it'd probably be better just to replace them altogether.
Normally I don't chime in here, but I really support replacing the scratch and coin tiles with something more recognizable.

The game's oddly addictive, but eyestrain is no fun. My vision is pretty poor, and even with the screen scaled up it's extremely difficult for me to visually differentiate the coin and scratch tiles from one another in their own respective categories.

Maybe making the coins higher contrast would help (I guess it would make them resemble dominos instead), but some of the clusters of scratches are so tiny that it'd probably be better just to replace them altogether.
tumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
I love the bamboo version, much easier to distinguish! I think having several tile sets to choose from would be awesome, too. ^^
I love the bamboo version, much easier to distinguish! I think having several tile sets to choose from would be awesome, too. ^^
tumblr_nqi7ugRwjP1uy6rdio3_r1_400.png
FR+9
Adorbs Accents
Some way of making the scratch tile more distinct would be greatly appreciated. I love the game and could totally max out the fairground using it but the scratches are way harder to read then the other tiles
Some way of making the scratch tile more distinct would be greatly appreciated. I love the game and could totally max out the fairground using it but the scratches are way harder to read then the other tiles
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
Oh, I very much like that bamboo mockup. And yes, it does still very much suit the Wind flight theme, so it's a perfect fit. I also agree that it makes very clear that the thinness and tiltedness of the scratches is what is contributing to the difficulty identifying the scratch tiles. Looking at them one on top the other like that, the entire scratch row blurred up in my head while the bamboos remained very readable.
Oh, I very much like that bamboo mockup. And yes, it does still very much suit the Wind flight theme, so it's a perfect fit. I also agree that it makes very clear that the thinness and tiltedness of the scratches is what is contributing to the difficulty identifying the scratch tiles. Looking at them one on top the other like that, the entire scratch row blurred up in my head while the bamboos remained very readable.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Support! I can't tell the scratches apart for the life of me, and it makes me so angry when I'm playing on my phone
Support! I can't tell the scratches apart for the life of me, and it makes me so angry when I'm playing on my phone
Y6l4Toy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10