Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | G&G: "Very Hard": Even simpler
1 2
Thanks to Catradora ([url]http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2486926#post_2486926[/url]) and andycivil ([url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Cr9QSZiu0[/url]) for the basis of this. This guide describes what is probably the simplest method to date of solving any and all "Very Hard" Glimmer and Gloom puzzles. (Note: "on" refers to the cell color you want to remove, and "off" refers to the other color) 1. Tap the cell to the lower right of each "on" cell, starting from the upper right and going in reading order. (This step is identical to Catradora/andycivil's method) 2. For every "on" cell left on the lower and lower-right edges, tap out the corresponding pattern (The Xs are where to tap) in the upper-left and upper edges. (Both are listed starting from the left and going rightwards, so "1st" is the lower-left corner, "2nd" is just to the right of that one, etc., and the tap sequences are from the middle-left corner going up-rightwards) For example, if only the 1st and 4th cells on the bottom are "on", tap out (on the top) the 1st pattern followed by the 4th pattern. [img]https://i.ibb.co/cNKwGJF/B2-DBE1-B1-450-A-4-F56-BD6-F-FEB9-E3955-BCB.jpg[/img] 3. Repeat step 1. 4. Puzzle is now solved. I'll make a nicer graphic for this later, I just really want to get this out there
Thanks to Catradora (http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2486926#post_2486926) and andycivil (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Cr9QSZiu0) for the basis of this.
This guide describes what is probably the simplest method to date of solving any and all "Very Hard" Glimmer and Gloom puzzles.
(Note: "on" refers to the cell color you want to remove, and "off" refers to the other color)
1. Tap the cell to the lower right of each "on" cell, starting from the upper right and going in reading order. (This step is identical to Catradora/andycivil's method)
2. For every "on" cell left on the lower and lower-right edges, tap out the corresponding pattern (The Xs are where to tap) in the upper-left and upper edges. (Both are listed starting from the left and going rightwards, so "1st" is the lower-left corner, "2nd" is just to the right of that one, etc., and the tap sequences are from the middle-left corner going up-rightwards) For example, if only the 1st and 4th cells on the bottom are "on", tap out (on the top) the 1st pattern followed by the 4th pattern.
B2-DBE1-B1-450-A-4-F56-BD6-F-FEB9-E3955-BCB.jpg
3. Repeat step 1.
4. Puzzle is now solved.
I'll make a nicer graphic for this later, I just really want to get this out there
Woah that's really cool! Out of curiosity, do you know how it compares on time to other methods?
Woah that's really cool! Out of curiosity, do you know how it compares on time to other methods?
tumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo1_75sq.pngtumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo2_75sq.png vEi36Sc.png tumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo4_75sq.pngtumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo3_75sq.png
@JumboDS64 I hope it's okay to ping you >< so now i have a board that looks like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/ry11Sue.png[/img] My "on" cells are light I have 4 on cells left, in spot 3,4,6 and spot 8 so i should tap out pattern 3, then 4 then 6 and lastly pattern 8? :0
@JumboDS64

I hope it's okay to ping you ><
so now i have a board that looks like this:
ry11Sue.png

My "on" cells are light
I have 4 on cells left, in spot 3,4,6 and spot 8
so i should tap out pattern 3, then 4 then 6 and lastly pattern 8? :0
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium The order doesn't actually matter, but yes.
@cordifolium The order doesn't actually matter, but yes.
Oh maybe I should ping @Catradora (I'm not sure if edited-in pings work...)
Oh maybe I should ping @Catradora (I'm not sure if edited-in pings work...)
They do @JumboDS64 :) thank you for making this, it's very nice! Do you mind if I link it in my guide thread?
They do @JumboDS64 :) thank you for making this, it's very nice! Do you mind if I link it in my guide thread?
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/FozfLTN.jpg[/img] I made a very quick image for those having trouble understanding the guide. If it helps, think of each "wrong" tile in tiles 1-9 as a verse in a song you have to play. For example, in this image, my leftover tiles are 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. So I have to enter six verses in letters A-I, based on the X's in JumboD's chart. Nice method, by the way. I'm getting 2ish minute solves on Very Hard, and that feels good.
FozfLTN.jpg

I made a very quick image for those having trouble understanding the guide.

If it helps, think of each "wrong" tile in tiles 1-9 as a verse in a song you have to play.

For example, in this image, my leftover tiles are 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. So I have to enter six verses in letters A-I, based on the X's in JumboD's chart.

Nice method, by the way. I'm getting 2ish minute solves on Very Hard, and that feels good.

@Catradora Sure, I don't mind!
@Catradora Sure, I don't mind!
My fastest time so far has been 56 seconds, though that was a lucky solve where I only needed to input 2 sequences.

My average seems to be around 1:20, provided I don't mess up. This is on par with the other Very Hard G&G method I was using, but as people get more comfortable and memorize some of the sequences, I imagine that number will get lower.

It's also helpful as you can see early-on if the puzzle is worth completing. For instance, if I know I'm going to have to input 8 of the 9 sequences, it's quicker at that point to just start a new game.
My fastest time so far has been 56 seconds, though that was a lucky solve where I only needed to input 2 sequences.

My average seems to be around 1:20, provided I don't mess up. This is on par with the other Very Hard G&G method I was using, but as people get more comfortable and memorize some of the sequences, I imagine that number will get lower.

It's also helpful as you can see early-on if the puzzle is worth completing. For instance, if I know I'm going to have to input 8 of the 9 sequences, it's quicker at that point to just start a new game.
JWcyLdR.gif
@JumboDS64 Thank you so much! This has been the fastest I've ever maxed my fairgrounds lucky streak.

If it helps to have a different wording for folks: BOLD = click this. a-i are the left-to-top corner (e being the corner tile) and 1-9 are the bottom-right corner (5 being the corner tile) as in Promatim's image.

Bad tiles in slot:
1 - a-b-c-D e F-g-h-I (DFI)
2 - a-b-c-d E F-G-H-i (EFGH)
3 - a-b-C-D e F-g-H-i (CDFH)
4 - A-b-C-D e F-G-H-I (ACDFGHI)
5 - a-B-c-d E f-g-H-i (BEH)
6 - A-B-C-D e F-G-h-I (ABCDFGI)
7 - a-B-c-D e F-G-h-i (BDFG)
8 - a-B-C-D E f-g-h-i (BCDE)
9 - A-b-c-D e F-g-h-i (ADF)

Click any and all patters that apply, then solve top-down like normal.
@JumboDS64 Thank you so much! This has been the fastest I've ever maxed my fairgrounds lucky streak.

If it helps to have a different wording for folks: BOLD = click this. a-i are the left-to-top corner (e being the corner tile) and 1-9 are the bottom-right corner (5 being the corner tile) as in Promatim's image.

Bad tiles in slot:
1 - a-b-c-D e F-g-h-I (DFI)
2 - a-b-c-d E F-G-H-i (EFGH)
3 - a-b-C-D e F-g-H-i (CDFH)
4 - A-b-C-D e F-G-H-I (ACDFGHI)
5 - a-B-c-d E f-g-H-i (BEH)
6 - A-B-C-D e F-G-h-I (ABCDFGI)
7 - a-B-c-D e F-G-h-i (BDFG)
8 - a-B-C-D E f-g-h-i (BCDE)
9 - A-b-c-D e F-g-h-i (ADF)

Click any and all patters that apply, then solve top-down like normal.
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
1 2