Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ~The Beach~ Open Dragon RP!
1 2 3 4 5
Welcome to the beach!

This is a free beach, open to dragons of all elements.
It is an isolated stretch of sand in the Tsunami Flats, beside the crashing waterfall that flows from the region of Light. It stretches out under the cliffside, some of the land covered with tidal pools, but most of it a glittering swath of sand that touches the sparkling, clear water of the Sea.

RULES
-Play a dragon in your lair, please.-
-No powerplaying/godmoding. Does that really need saying?-
-Fighting and romance are allowed, but please keep it toned down.-
-Have fun!-

It is a bright, sunny afternoon, soon after the Lightweaver's Brightshine Jubilee. The perfect day to spend lounging and playing between her land and the Tidelord's! The sun and the sea, they just go hand in hand, after all. The long beach beckons to dragons of all sorts, though there is always an inherent risk. The Water Flight dragons who live in the area are kind enough, but not always apt to be lifeguards on the watch for a foolhardy dragon who gets in too deep. Still, it is worth it, for there is much fun to be had here. Dragons might set up games or food stalls, or just lie about on the warm sand, and of course, swim!
Welcome to the beach!

This is a free beach, open to dragons of all elements.
It is an isolated stretch of sand in the Tsunami Flats, beside the crashing waterfall that flows from the region of Light. It stretches out under the cliffside, some of the land covered with tidal pools, but most of it a glittering swath of sand that touches the sparkling, clear water of the Sea.

RULES
-Play a dragon in your lair, please.-
-No powerplaying/godmoding. Does that really need saying?-
-Fighting and romance are allowed, but please keep it toned down.-
-Have fun!-

It is a bright, sunny afternoon, soon after the Lightweaver's Brightshine Jubilee. The perfect day to spend lounging and playing between her land and the Tidelord's! The sun and the sea, they just go hand in hand, after all. The long beach beckons to dragons of all sorts, though there is always an inherent risk. The Water Flight dragons who live in the area are kind enough, but not always apt to be lifeguards on the watch for a foolhardy dragon who gets in too deep. Still, it is worth it, for there is much fun to be had here. Dragons might set up games or food stalls, or just lie about on the warm sand, and of course, swim!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=98699] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/98699_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Sunsplash Gender: Male Age: Adolescent Flight: Water Personality: Laid-back, relaxed, and somewhat vain. He keeps his fur pristine, and is a bit conceited over the shimmer of his wings and mane. He has a good heart under that, though, and can be surprisingly helpful to any dragon, no matter the type. He has a bit of an eye for the ladies, and most likely will be caught staring at a few pretty hides on the beach. [i]Ah, it's good to be a Water dragon... What a beautiful day![/i] The idle thoughts bounced around the Tundra male's head, reflected in his half-lidded dark blue eyes. He had just hauled himself out of the great freshwater sea, and paused at the edge, letting his clawed toes sink into the wet sand while he turned his blunt nose toward the sky. [i]I have to wonder if the Lightbringer and our Tidelord are up to something... This summer is almost TOO nice![/i] He chuckled to himself, looking forward again and shaking the water from his long and glistening hair. Sunsplash then continued walking toward the cliffside, and the relative shade it brought the beach during the afternoon. He may be all Water Flight, but he was still a Tundra, and all that fur just trapped the sun's radiating warmth. It was a bit too much for him. So, reaching a pleasant spot just beside the roaring waterfall, he flopped down onto the slightly damp sand, basking in the partial sunlight and the misty spray of the water tumbling upon itself.

98699_350.png

Name: Sunsplash
Flight: Water
Personality: Laid-back, relaxed, and somewhat vain. He keeps his fur pristine, and is a bit conceited over the shimmer of his wings and mane. He has a good heart under that, though, and can be surprisingly helpful to any dragon, no matter the type. He has a bit of an eye for the ladies, and most likely will be caught staring at a few pretty hides on the beach.

Ah, it's good to be a Water dragon... What a beautiful day! The idle thoughts bounced around the Tundra male's head, reflected in his half-lidded dark blue eyes. He had just hauled himself out of the great freshwater sea, and paused at the edge, letting his clawed toes sink into the wet sand while he turned his blunt nose toward the sky. I have to wonder if the Lightbringer and our Tidelord are up to something... This summer is almost TOO nice! He chuckled to himself, looking forward again and shaking the water from his long and glistening hair. Sunsplash then continued walking toward the cliffside, and the relative shade it brought the beach during the afternoon. He may be all Water Flight, but he was still a Tundra, and all that fur just trapped the sun's radiating warmth. It was a bit too much for him. So, reaching a pleasant spot just beside the roaring waterfall, he flopped down onto the slightly damp sand, basking in the partial sunlight and the misty spray of the water tumbling upon itself.
[img]http://oi44.tinypic.com/2ikslf8.jpg[/img] Name: Mourningdew (Dew for shorta) Gender: Female Age: Adolescent Flight: Wind Personality: Active and friendly despite her mirror genes and enjoys to lounge every once in a while even with her young and energetic age. She is kind for the most part though can be a bit greedy at times with her food, but she does know how to share. Likes to have a little time to herself once in a while to reflect but enjoys company non-the-less and a trip to the beach to just get away might be just perfect right now. The day was warm on the coast and a bit breezy, just as Dew liked it with the wind blowing down her back and over her wings. As she moved along the top of the cliffs towards the water she paused a moment to look out at the vast ocean. Though she preferred the ground for travel, her adopted Windsinger clan loved the wide ocean and the strong drafts it carried. She shivered momentarily with excitement before continuing down half way on the cliff face before pausing again at one edge. [i]The drop isn't that far... why not?[/i] Dew glanced down and around at the carved pool beneath the waterfall, sizing up the depth and drop down. [i]It's nice and warm today, I think a cool plunge here is in order before I go into the ocean for a bit.[/i] She rocked her haunches and leaned forward hesitating a moment before pushing off the dropping down into the glistening clear water. She'd tucked her wings in as to minimise the resistance but still entered and sank down with a great splash.
2ikslf8.jpg
Name: Mourningdew (Dew for shorta)
Flight: Wind
Personality: Active and friendly despite her mirror genes and enjoys to lounge every once in a while even with her young and energetic age. She is kind for the most part though can be a bit greedy at times with her food, but she does know how to share. Likes to have a little time to herself once in a while to reflect but enjoys company non-the-less and a trip to the beach to just get away might be just perfect right now.

The day was warm on the coast and a bit breezy, just as Dew liked it with the wind blowing down her back and over her wings. As she moved along the top of the cliffs towards the water she paused a moment to look out at the vast ocean. Though she preferred the ground for travel, her adopted Windsinger clan loved the wide ocean and the strong drafts it carried. She shivered momentarily with excitement before continuing down half way on the cliff face before pausing again at one edge. The drop isn't that far... why not? Dew glanced down and around at the carved pool beneath the waterfall, sizing up the depth and drop down. It's nice and warm today, I think a cool plunge here is in order before I go into the ocean for a bit. She rocked her haunches and leaned forward hesitating a moment before pushing off the dropping down into the glistening clear water. She'd tucked her wings in as to minimise the resistance but still entered and sank down with a great splash.

May the Wind guide you to your next Adventure~
2hp6ady.jpg
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=92331] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/92331_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Krosis Gender: Male Age: Adult Flight: Raised Wind, joined Plague. Personality: Krosis left his home in the Windswept Plains the day he reached full adulthood, and wandered for three years in his Search. He met his charge Mara when staying with a Plague clan only a week ago, but the instant he saw her, he knew his Search was over. Krosis is stoic in his dealings with most adult dragons, but in the presence of hatchlings, his wall breaks down and he becomes (carefully) playful. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=120445] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/120445_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Mara Gender: Female Age: Hatchling Flight: Hatched Wind, adopted Plague. Personality: Mara hatched only recently, but she came out of her egg bursting with energy. She has some trouble communicating with most of her adopted clan due to her odd Fae monotone, and formed a quick bond with the ever patient Krosis. Mara is always full of questions, which she usually directs to Krosis, but no dragon who comes too close is safe from an outpouring of inquiries. ___ Krosis trudged onto the beach, and looked around for a good, clear spot where Mara could play safely and where he could keep an eye on her. He paused, giving a deep chuckle. "Mara, I cannot possibly take you all the way to the water with your wings across my eyes." The tiny pink Fae's crests leapt forward as she jumped back, taking her wings with her, and looked down at Krosis' face. "Faster Kosis, wanna see big water!" Krosis only laughed again. "Patience, little one. It's only a little farther." Mara huffed and flopped onto his face again, scooting back so Krosis could see, after he stopped again and rumbled at her. "Why's so much water in one place? Is it a really really really really big river? Why we not have big river like dis one at home?" Krosis placed his first foot in the water, testing the pull of the tide and the temperature. "In order of your questions... The water is here because this is the domain of the Tidelord. It's not a river, more like a, hmm... more like a pond that's large enough to hold just about all of dragon kind. And, to my understanding, the Plaguemother prefers the dryness of home to the wetness of this ocean.

92331_350.png

Name: Krosis
Flight: Raised Wind, joined Plague.
Personality: Krosis left his home in the Windswept Plains the day he reached full adulthood, and wandered for three years in his Search. He met his charge Mara when staying with a Plague clan only a week ago, but the instant he saw her, he knew his Search was over. Krosis is stoic in his dealings with most adult dragons, but in the presence of hatchlings, his wall breaks down and he becomes (carefully) playful.

120445_350.png

Name: Mara
Flight: Hatched Wind, adopted Plague.
Personality: Mara hatched only recently, but she came out of her egg bursting with energy. She has some trouble communicating with most of her adopted clan due to her odd Fae monotone, and formed a quick bond with the ever patient Krosis. Mara is always full of questions, which she usually directs to Krosis, but no dragon who comes too close is safe from an outpouring of inquiries.

___

Krosis trudged onto the beach, and looked around for a good, clear spot where Mara could play safely and where he could keep an eye on her. He paused, giving a deep chuckle.
"Mara, I cannot possibly take you all the way to the water with your wings across my eyes."
The tiny pink Fae's crests leapt forward as she jumped back, taking her wings with her, and looked down at Krosis' face.
"Faster Kosis, wanna see big water!"
Krosis only laughed again.
"Patience, little one. It's only a little farther."
Mara huffed and flopped onto his face again, scooting back so Krosis could see, after he stopped again and rumbled at her.
"Why's so much water in one place? Is it a really really really really big river? Why we not have big river like dis one at home?"
Krosis placed his first foot in the water, testing the pull of the tide and the temperature.
"In order of your questions... The water is here because this is the domain of the Tidelord. It's not a river, more like a, hmm... more like a pond that's large enough to hold just about all of dragon kind. And, to my understanding, the Plaguemother prefers the dryness of home to the wetness of this ocean.
8lnlMXu.png d38dbd31817f7c4938495be837eb12b3.png
((my form for blightcaller and rugaard coming))
((my form for blightcaller and rugaard coming))
boIu4p9.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=70630] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/70630_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Penumbra (Pen or Penny for short) Gender: Female Age: Young Adult Flight: Born Arcane, raised Light Personality: Penumbra takes after the element she was born under, and often has her head in the clouds. Her curiosity is insatiable and often gets her into mischief, but her heart is in the right place. She is exceptionally kind and very motherly, and strives to be more like dragons of the Light flight, with some success. She is not quick to judge and loves collecting "artifacts," though they usually just end up being someone's lost trinket and not a mysterious charm cursed by some evil dragon enchanter from a long lost civilization. ______ The Imperial had traveled a long way from her clan's lair in search of the perfect, biggest, shiniest, fattest fish for her to sink her teeth into. She did not mind having meat or even some fresh greens, but being the only one in her clan that liked fish meant that rarely did she ever get to eat any of the most heavenly food in the known universe. Her nose had caught the scent of a huge body of water, and knowing that the more water there was, the more fish, she had followed it. She soared high in the sky, doing lazy loop-de-loops and enjoying the warm sun on her scales. Soon she heard a waterfall, and saw the edge of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. This was the perfect place to try and fish... maybe after a nice dip though. Letting out a joyful whoop, Penumbra dived head first into the pool at the foot of the waterfall, kicking up an enormous splash. After a few moments of tumbling around in the swift current, she came back up. Only then did she see the pastel colored Tundra lounging nearby. "Oops! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" She giggled, her ears drooping in embarrassment. "I didn't get you too wet, did I?" Penumbra climbed out of the water, moving away from the Tundra before shaking the excess water off her shining scales, her various bangles and pieces of jewelry tinkling against each other.

70630_350.png

Name: Penumbra (Pen or Penny for short)
Flight: Born Arcane, raised Light
Personality: Penumbra takes after the element she was born under, and often has her head in the clouds. Her curiosity is insatiable and often gets her into mischief, but her heart is in the right place. She is exceptionally kind and very motherly, and strives to be more like dragons of the Light flight, with some success. She is not quick to judge and loves collecting "artifacts," though they usually just end up being someone's lost trinket and not a mysterious charm cursed by some evil dragon enchanter from a long lost civilization.

______

The Imperial had traveled a long way from her clan's lair in search of the perfect, biggest, shiniest, fattest fish for her to sink her teeth into. She did not mind having meat or even some fresh greens, but being the only one in her clan that liked fish meant that rarely did she ever get to eat any of the most heavenly food in the known universe. Her nose had caught the scent of a huge body of water, and knowing that the more water there was, the more fish, she had followed it. She soared high in the sky, doing lazy loop-de-loops and enjoying the warm sun on her scales. Soon she heard a waterfall, and saw the edge of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. This was the perfect place to try and fish... maybe after a nice dip though.

Letting out a joyful whoop, Penumbra dived head first into the pool at the foot of the waterfall, kicking up an enormous splash. After a few moments of tumbling around in the swift current, she came back up. Only then did she see the pastel colored Tundra lounging nearby.

"Oops! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" She giggled, her ears drooping in embarrassment. "I didn't get you too wet, did I?"

Penumbra climbed out of the water, moving away from the Tundra before shaking the excess water off her shining scales, her various bangles and pieces of jewelry tinkling against each other.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=93495] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/93495_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: Taldir Gender: Male Age: On the verge of adulthood Flight: Arcane Personality: Quiet, although friendly when greeted. He's fairly spacey and slips off into daydreams easily; his most obvious bad habit is to start humming absentmindedly in the middle of conversation. Easily impressed and easily distracted. Despite all complications, he's a good guy who's equally content on his own or with company. Taldir couldn't take his eyes away from the sight. The way the sun shimmered on the pristine water was something no words could do justice, and the gentle breeze that ruffled his fur, laden with the scent of the sea, made the scene complete. He let the breeze fill his nostrils and then catch his wings for a while, closing his eyes as felt the world wrap around him, caressing him with its energies. Then at last he sprang into the air, his wings carrying him through the wind until at last he settled into a glide across the water. Of course, he watched enthralled as the blue water zipped along below him, each wave glinting in the sun. Such was the world, a gorgeous world he was ever so grateful to have been born into. Movement in his peripheral vision caught his attention. He turned to face the source just in time to see the tail end of what must have been a sizable splash, now settling into a pool at the base of a waterfall a ways off that he hadn't yet noticed. With little else to do, he angled in this direction, noticing as he approached that there was activity on the beach. Unwilling to startle these strange dragons, Taldir slowed into a landing and touched down on the sand several meters away. (Edited because I left my computer mid-reply and missed the three most recent characters, herp derp)

93495_350.png

Name: Taldir
Flight: Arcane
Personality: Quiet, although friendly when greeted. He's fairly spacey and slips off into daydreams easily; his most obvious bad habit is to start humming absentmindedly in the middle of conversation. Easily impressed and easily distracted. Despite all complications, he's a good guy who's equally content on his own or with company.

Taldir couldn't take his eyes away from the sight. The way the sun shimmered on the pristine water was something no words could do justice, and the gentle breeze that ruffled his fur, laden with the scent of the sea, made the scene complete. He let the breeze fill his nostrils and then catch his wings for a while, closing his eyes as felt the world wrap around him, caressing him with its energies. Then at last he sprang into the air, his wings carrying him through the wind until at last he settled into a glide across the water. Of course, he watched enthralled as the blue water zipped along below him, each wave glinting in the sun. Such was the world, a gorgeous world he was ever so grateful to have been born into.

Movement in his peripheral vision caught his attention. He turned to face the source just in time to see the tail end of what must have been a sizable splash, now settling into a pool at the base of a waterfall a ways off that he hadn't yet noticed. With little else to do, he angled in this direction, noticing as he approached that there was activity on the beach. Unwilling to startle these strange dragons, Taldir slowed into a landing and touched down on the sand several meters away.

(Edited because I left my computer mid-reply and missed the three most recent characters, herp derp)
34xf4wg.jpg
Mourningdew, swam under the water a moment and watched the sun's rays cascade down through the water in beams before breaching the surface and swim nearer to the edge of the pool just as the Imperial dove in as well. She bowed her head to brace for the splash and the waves to come before snickering lightly, glad to see that others enjoyed to do the same as she. Pulling herself out onto the warm rocks she shook off the excess water from her scales and stretched, before looking around, just noticing the lounging tundra off to the side.
Mourningdew, swam under the water a moment and watched the sun's rays cascade down through the water in beams before breaching the surface and swim nearer to the edge of the pool just as the Imperial dove in as well. She bowed her head to brace for the splash and the waves to come before snickering lightly, glad to see that others enjoyed to do the same as she. Pulling herself out onto the warm rocks she shook off the excess water from her scales and stretched, before looking around, just noticing the lounging tundra off to the side.
May the Wind guide you to your next Adventure~
2hp6ady.jpg
Sunsplash had just been starting to drift asleep when the two females dove into the deep pool beside him, almost simultaneously. He was hit with both splashes, the Imperial's in particular causing him to get soaked, and tumble over. He sat up after that, shocked and covered in clumps of wet sand, only to look at both the shimmering Imperial and the darkly colored Mirror. "U-uhm, oh! Hello, there... No, I'm never 'too wet!' I'm from the Water Flight, after all!" he laughed, standing up and swiftly bounding into the water between the two females, diving straight to the bottom, and resisting the current quite easily. He was down there for a nearly-concerning amount of time before finally resurfacing... with a glittering crystal stone in one paw, and a magically glowing seashell of some kind in the other. He held them out to each side, the stone toward Penumbra, and the shell toward Mourningdew. "M'name's Sunsplash. What brings you ladies to the beach today~?"

(@Daftedly @WhoNagi)
Sunsplash had just been starting to drift asleep when the two females dove into the deep pool beside him, almost simultaneously. He was hit with both splashes, the Imperial's in particular causing him to get soaked, and tumble over. He sat up after that, shocked and covered in clumps of wet sand, only to look at both the shimmering Imperial and the darkly colored Mirror. "U-uhm, oh! Hello, there... No, I'm never 'too wet!' I'm from the Water Flight, after all!" he laughed, standing up and swiftly bounding into the water between the two females, diving straight to the bottom, and resisting the current quite easily. He was down there for a nearly-concerning amount of time before finally resurfacing... with a glittering crystal stone in one paw, and a magically glowing seashell of some kind in the other. He held them out to each side, the stone toward Penumbra, and the shell toward Mourningdew. "M'name's Sunsplash. What brings you ladies to the beach today~?"

(@Daftedly @WhoNagi)
"Hello! Fancy seeing a Water dragon around here." Penumbra giggled again, a goofy grin on her face. She waved at the violet Mirror invitingly.

"Goodness, I didn't know this spot would be so popular..." Already other dragons were showing up, coming from various directions. She wondered if it might become too crowded to do any fishing, but that was not really important. Swimming and meeting other dragons seemed like more fun at the moment, and she would have plenty of other opportunities to go fishing. She watched as the Tundra jumped into the water and was just about to go in after him when he finally surfaced.

"Ooh, that's a lovely crystal! You have a good eye," she said. She picked up the crystal stone to get a better look at it. "I had no idea there were such pretty things like this under water. I always thought it was dark and dreary and... well, damp the deeper you went."

The Imperial smiled at him. "Sunsplash? That's a nice name. I'm Penumbra, but you can call me Pen or Penny if you like. My name's a bit of a mouthful."

(( @Eruvyreth @WhoNagi ))
"Hello! Fancy seeing a Water dragon around here." Penumbra giggled again, a goofy grin on her face. She waved at the violet Mirror invitingly.

"Goodness, I didn't know this spot would be so popular..." Already other dragons were showing up, coming from various directions. She wondered if it might become too crowded to do any fishing, but that was not really important. Swimming and meeting other dragons seemed like more fun at the moment, and she would have plenty of other opportunities to go fishing. She watched as the Tundra jumped into the water and was just about to go in after him when he finally surfaced.

"Ooh, that's a lovely crystal! You have a good eye," she said. She picked up the crystal stone to get a better look at it. "I had no idea there were such pretty things like this under water. I always thought it was dark and dreary and... well, damp the deeper you went."

The Imperial smiled at him. "Sunsplash? That's a nice name. I'm Penumbra, but you can call me Pen or Penny if you like. My name's a bit of a mouthful."

(( @Eruvyreth @WhoNagi ))
1 2 3 4 5