Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Odd Wildlife
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
why are fish so weird
why are fish so weird
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
Oh please add me to the ping list
Oh please add me to the ping list
ooooh I want a ping please
ooooh I want a ping please
we all have a friend who's spirit animal is this fish
we all have a friend who's spirit animal is this fish
need a twinny twin twin
@Absol1234 add me to the ping list please
@Absol1234 add me to the ping list please
99catfish_zpsd8a90dbb.gif
Could you add me to the ping list, please?
Could you add me to the ping list, please?
Could you add me to the pinglist
Could you add me to the pinglist
NBeoOgB.png
@iWolffe @RoseofRomania @ohwowimcool @LilywhiteSwan @Evbay Added! @Lunelight @Xionahri @nottwosmallcacti @Midwinter @Vertigris @MightyTharos @Razatharia @EternalBlaze @Lunalatic @hyrulle @Skua @gumiho @Bluemockingbird @Antylamon @Renoki @enomis @DoctorAlphys @Owlynx @SolifugeSpace @ArisMagenta @Fiendishly @galaxywings48 @Briton* @despa @NavigatorBree @Vouskrii @ImpossibleJedi4 @Astrophile @Doltish @Finlandia @iWolffe @RoseofRomania @ohwowimcool @LilywhiteSwan @Evbay [center][b][u]#11: Hoatzin[/u][/b] [img]https://wildlatitudes.com/wp-content/uploads/Hoatzin_by_Murray-Foubister.jpg[/img] This is a suggestion by @vertigris The Hoatzin, also known as "Reptile Bird", "Skunk Bird", "Stinkbird", pr "Canje Pheasant", is a giant tropical bird found in the Amazon and Orinoco Basins. If you're wondering why they are called "Stinkbirds" is cause they emit an manure-like odor, making it undesirable to eat. These birds' ancestors likely diverged from all other birds after non-avian dinosaurs extinct, and this can be noted by their dinosaur-like appearance. Some researchers have debated that this bird's ancestor could be an archeaopteryx due to similar anatomy and features. When it comes to breeding, Hoatzin chicks have claws that disappear as they grow up. These claws are functional, but they are mainly used for climbing back into their nest when the hatchlings fall out, hide, or crawl out of thick jungle vines and bushes. The hoatzin is a folivore, which means that they eat primarily leaves and digest it through bacterial fermantation, much like cattle does; however, the Hoatzin possesses a unique organ unlike any creature with the same digestion system. Instead of a rumen (a stomach specialized for fermantation), the hoatzin has a organ called a crop that is so large that it displaces the bird's sternum. This causes the bird to have poor flight and explains the manure-like odor that emits from the bird.
@iWolffe @RoseofRomania @ohwowimcool @LilywhiteSwan @Evbay
Added!

@Lunelight @Xionahri @nottwosmallcacti @Midwinter @Vertigris @MightyTharos @Razatharia @EternalBlaze @Lunalatic @hyrulle @Skua @gumiho @Bluemockingbird @Antylamon @Renoki @enomis @DoctorAlphys @Owlynx @SolifugeSpace @ArisMagenta @Fiendishly @galaxywings48 @Briton* @despa @NavigatorBree @Vouskrii @ImpossibleJedi4 @Astrophile @Doltish @Finlandia @iWolffe @RoseofRomania @ohwowimcool @LilywhiteSwan @Evbay
#11: Hoatzin

Hoatzin_by_Murray-Foubister.jpg

This is a suggestion by @vertigris
The Hoatzin, also known as "Reptile Bird", "Skunk Bird", "Stinkbird", pr "Canje Pheasant", is a giant tropical bird found in the Amazon and Orinoco Basins. If you're wondering why they are called "Stinkbirds" is cause they emit an manure-like odor, making it undesirable to eat. These birds' ancestors likely diverged from all other birds after non-avian dinosaurs extinct, and this can be noted by their dinosaur-like appearance. Some researchers have debated that this bird's ancestor could be an archeaopteryx due to similar anatomy and features.

When it comes to breeding, Hoatzin chicks have claws that disappear as they grow up. These claws are functional, but they are mainly used for climbing back into their nest when the hatchlings fall out, hide, or crawl out of thick jungle vines and bushes.

The hoatzin is a folivore, which means that they eat primarily leaves and digest it through bacterial fermantation, much like cattle does; however, the Hoatzin possesses a unique organ unlike any creature with the same digestion system. Instead of a rumen (a stomach specialized for fermantation), the hoatzin has a organ called a crop that is so large that it displaces the bird's sternum. This causes the bird to have poor flight and explains the manure-like odor that emits from the bird.
508f7919cc1322759899b1e444b436a21573c22b.png
@Xionahri thats somehow way better than what i imagined in my head?? this has been an entire experience and a half. i'm still reeling. thank you.

also

stinky bird
@Xionahri thats somehow way better than what i imagined in my head?? this has been an entire experience and a half. i'm still reeling. thank you.

also

stinky bird
ani_bw_187.gif
77HvIaj.pngqpX0bY5.pngqXbXbnD.png

Wishlist // Sale // Hatchery
she/her ~ I don't mind pings!

77HvIaj.pngqpX0bY5.pngqXbXbnD.png
ani_bw_188.gif
i don't remember suggesting this one O.o
i don't remember suggesting this one O.o
need a twinny twin twin
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9