Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Boreal Wood Revamped!
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 66
NICE
NICE
@Undel Is the fairgrounds achievement still on the blink or is that one able to be rewarded now?

PS this is a fantastic update, the woods REALLY needed it!
@Undel Is the fairgrounds achievement still on the blink or is that one able to be rewarded now?

PS this is a fantastic update, the woods REALLY needed it!
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for all the new fams, yay!!!
AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for all the new fams, yay!!!
Gpasq5f.png
[quote]If a legacy achievement you've earned has a cousin in the new system with the same requirements/parameters, we're looking into the possibility of translating credit over.[/quote] please let this be the case, i spent so long getting everything i could do done <:c
Quote:
If a legacy achievement you've earned has a cousin in the new system with the same requirements/parameters, we're looking into the possibility of translating credit over.

please let this be the case, i spent so long getting everything i could do done <:c
tumblr_inline_p1591eMPrN1tc3swm_540.gif Shyads, He/They
Dragons with Art
Free to use Graphics
joTRWu9.gif
I saw a lot of people pointing out the Mammophant description, but only for the typo. I just need to say... "they often seek out hot springs to soak in." FR, this is how mammoths [i]die[/i]. There's an entire excavation site of an old hot springs full of mammoth skeletons, and I assure you it's not because the mammoths decided they wanted to go in and stay there until they passed away. This description literally means these Mammophants just go and wade in to their death with no concern for their life. I encourage you guys to look into South Dakota's Mammoth Site in Hot Springs if you want to learn about this. [url=https://www.mammothsite.org]They even have a website you can look into.[/url] [center][img]https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0e/84/23/95/small-portion-of-excavation.jpg[/img][/center]
I saw a lot of people pointing out the Mammophant description, but only for the typo. I just need to say... "they often seek out hot springs to soak in."

FR, this is how mammoths die. There's an entire excavation site of an old hot springs full of mammoth skeletons, and I assure you it's not because the mammoths decided they wanted to go in and stay there until they passed away. This description literally means these Mammophants just go and wade in to their death with no concern for their life.

I encourage you guys to look into South Dakota's Mammoth Site in Hot Springs if you want to learn about this. They even have a website you can look into.
small-portion-of-excavation.jpg
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
Did anyone else see: [code]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/borealonfleek.png[/code]
Did anyone else see:
Code:
http://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/borealonfleek.png
LxbWmll.png
excitement.
excitement.
ypgSZ8z.png
I love those fams so much omg
I love those fams so much omg
........... QAA45k4.png Coiled Burnserpent
Shakalaka
FR Time +0
He/Him
Coiled Burnserpent QAA45k4.png
[quote name="Galaxtea" date="2019-08-08 17:09:59" ] I saw a lot of people pointing out the Mammophant description, but only for the typo. I just need to say... "they often seek out hot springs to soak in." FR, this is how mammoths [i]die[/i]. There's an entire excavation site of an old hot springs full of mammoth skeletons, and I assure you it's not because the mammoths decided they wanted to go in and stay there until they passed away. This description literally means these Mammophants just go and wade in to their death with no concern for their life. I encourage you guys to look into South Dakota's Mammoth Site in Hot Springs if you want to learn about this. [url=https://www.mammothsite.org]They even have a website you can look into.[/url] [center][img]https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0e/84/23/95/small-portion-of-excavation.jpg[/img][/center] [/quote] @Galaxtea Wikipedia's article on Mammoth Site says it's because the sides were too steep to climb back out of so they got trapped and died of either starvation or drowned when the water rose. The official site also says it's a sinkhole dig site (I couldn't really find actual info besides like tours and stuff on their site but maybe I'm blind?), so I think hot springs in general are ok as long as they can get out? Though regardless, the description could actually just be a reference to Hot Spring's Mammoth Site!
Galaxtea wrote on 2019-08-08 17:09:59:
I saw a lot of people pointing out the Mammophant description, but only for the typo. I just need to say... "they often seek out hot springs to soak in."

FR, this is how mammoths die. There's an entire excavation site of an old hot springs full of mammoth skeletons, and I assure you it's not because the mammoths decided they wanted to go in and stay there until they passed away. This description literally means these Mammophants just go and wade in to their death with no concern for their life.

I encourage you guys to look into South Dakota's Mammoth Site in Hot Springs if you want to learn about this. They even have a website you can look into.
small-portion-of-excavation.jpg
@Galaxtea Wikipedia's article on Mammoth Site says it's because the sides were too steep to climb back out of so they got trapped and died of either starvation or drowned when the water rose. The official site also says it's a sinkhole dig site (I couldn't really find actual info besides like tours and stuff on their site but maybe I'm blind?), so I think hot springs in general are ok as long as they can get out?

Though regardless, the description could actually just be a reference to Hot Spring's Mammoth Site!
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
ARGH ALL THE PINS ARE SO GOOD
I want lil busts AND elemental signs, darnit!!!
ARGH ALL THE PINS ARE SO GOOD
I want lil busts AND elemental signs, darnit!!!
tumblr_inline_o7nbjtedUu1r0eb29_540.png FR tumblr
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 66