Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Day 7] The Underworld Gambit
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
@packook
y1cIJeO.jpg
Having finished her puzzle, Voiella snorts slightly and flicks her tail. She carefully picks herself up a little and turned around, a little more calmly than before but still tense.
"Hey guys-" Voiella starts, interrupting herself on seeing the wildclaw starting at her concernedly. "Ah...sorry, did you ask me something? If you're wondering about what I'm doing, I've managed to partially reassemble the broken plaque...we can read a little, which is better than none I suppose." The guardian crouches uneasily, her chest resting on the earth, still remaining ready to flee. "I-I can't really remember, but I may have almost run you over. If I did, I'm sorry."
@packook
y1cIJeO.jpg
Having finished her puzzle, Voiella snorts slightly and flicks her tail. She carefully picks herself up a little and turned around, a little more calmly than before but still tense.
"Hey guys-" Voiella starts, interrupting herself on seeing the wildclaw starting at her concernedly. "Ah...sorry, did you ask me something? If you're wondering about what I'm doing, I've managed to partially reassemble the broken plaque...we can read a little, which is better than none I suppose." The guardian crouches uneasily, her chest resting on the earth, still remaining ready to flee. "I-I can't really remember, but I may have almost run you over. If I did, I'm sorry."
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
@Hiss @SoulSorbet [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/13615/1361416p.png[/img]"Whatever you say." One part or another of hers certainly glitched out often enough and it was always at the worst times and never pleasant. There's only so much one can do with old hardware. Rainmaker watched with interest how Harlan probed the dark waters, and subsequently got his hand stuck. After watching him struggle for a while, she gave a sigh. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/13615/1361416p.png[/img]"Oh, for Pete's sake," she said. Making her way to the waterfront, [b]Rainmaker grabbed hold of Harlan and pulled in an effort to free him[/b].
@Hiss @SoulSorbet

1361416p.png"Whatever you say." One part or another of hers certainly glitched out often enough and it was always at the worst times and never pleasant. There's only so much one can do with old hardware.

Rainmaker watched with interest how Harlan probed the dark waters, and subsequently got his hand stuck. After watching him struggle for a while, she gave a sigh.

1361416p.png"Oh, for Pete's sake," she said. Making her way to the waterfront, Rainmaker grabbed hold of Harlan and pulled in an effort to free him.
tumblr_pap6duN5Et1vvc1jno3_500.png
"Oh, of course... Of course the water is actually super glue. Excellent."

@Soulsorbet

He didn't know what he was expecting from this god-awful hell dimension. Harlan braces himself and pulls back as hard as he can along with Rainmaker's efforts.

@Quickwing

"Sure- take it," the skydancer grumbles to Quickwing, pushing the locket towards her with his free hand.
"Oh, of course... Of course the water is actually super glue. Excellent."

@Soulsorbet

He didn't know what he was expecting from this god-awful hell dimension. Harlan braces himself and pulls back as hard as he can along with Rainmaker's efforts.

@Quickwing

"Sure- take it," the skydancer grumbles to Quickwing, pushing the locket towards her with his free hand.
NXwxhXo.png
@Ketchalin Quickwing stared over towards Voiella distracted by the partially completed puzzle and took a few seconds to respond to what she said. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3083135] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/30832/3083135p.png[/img] [/url] "Oh that's alight. I'm not going to go down just from a Guardian running by me." She focuses her attention back towards the clues. "But nice job on piecing this together. It will definitely be helpful. I think soon it's just time to start crossing the bridge and hoping for the best. Not sure if there are any clues left over here that will aid us with crossing this bridge or not." @Hiss With that said Quickwing heads back over towards Harlan. She picks up the bloody locket and looks back to Harlan to thank him when she realizes that he's stuck in the so called water. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3083135] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/30832/3083135p.png[/img] [/url] "Ah thanks! Sorry you're a little stuck there. If I find anything that will make that substrate less sticky I will let you know as soon as I can." @Soulsorbet With adding that task to her growing list of things to do in her mind. [b]She looks back at the bloodied locket not knowing if it's locked or not and tries to open it to see what is inside.[/b]
@Ketchalin

Quickwing stared over towards Voiella distracted by the partially completed puzzle and took a few seconds to respond to what she said.

3083135p.png

"Oh that's alight. I'm not going to go down just from a Guardian running by me." She focuses her attention back towards the clues.

"But nice job on piecing this together. It will definitely be helpful. I think soon it's just time to start crossing the bridge and hoping for the best. Not sure if there are any clues left over here that will aid us with crossing this bridge or not."

@Hiss
With that said Quickwing heads back over towards Harlan. She picks up the bloody locket and looks back to Harlan to thank him when she realizes that he's stuck in the so called water.

3083135p.png

"Ah thanks! Sorry you're a little stuck there. If I find anything that will make that substrate less sticky I will let you know as soon as I can."
@Soulsorbet
With adding that task to her growing list of things to do in her mind. She looks back at the bloodied locket not knowing if it's locked or not and tries to open it to see what is inside.
tumblr_nyp53fylti1rblo47o1_500.png
+0 FR time

mjamlegends_by_thestorykeeper-d9v7lh2.pngdom-mini.png

xfeFcu.png

E1a1YiR.png
mzwxeKN.png
3UQGyNs.png

tumblr_neeclj9oGa1u24n19o1_400.png

rH6hzWL.png
[size=1] @packook @hiss @akal @rugaqwarrcall @ketchalin @tanglefire @mismas @flamesembrace @oxyzee [/size] [b]48 hours[/b] remain until night falls! ----- @/hiss @/akal [quote]Rainmaker grabbed hold of Harlan and pulled in an effort to free him. . . . Harlan braces himself and pulls back as hard as he can along with Rainmaker's efforts. [/quote] With a few good yanks executed in unison, the two of you fall back and away from the water's edge. Harlan's limb is successfully freed, though a bit disjointed. It might be harder to walk with, but better than losing it altogether. Talk about a close call. - - - @/packook [quote]She looks back at the bloodied locket not knowing if it's locked or not and tries to open it to see what is inside. [/quote] It doesn't take long to get the locket open, though your claws are now slicked with blood. The lid pops off with ease, revealing a small wad of paper. Somewhat of a surprise, since you weren't really expecting something to be inside... [quote] [center][color=#78b8df]From this point forward, danger will be lurking in unexpected places. You need to tread with caution. [/center] [/color] [/quote]
@packook @hiss @akal @rugaqwarrcall @ketchalin @tanglefire @mismas @flamesembrace @oxyzee

48 hours remain until night falls!

@/hiss @/akal

Quote:
Rainmaker grabbed hold of Harlan and pulled in an effort to free him.

. . .

Harlan braces himself and pulls back as hard as he can along with Rainmaker's efforts.

With a few good yanks executed in unison, the two of you fall back and away from the water's edge. Harlan's limb is successfully freed, though a bit disjointed. It might be harder to walk with, but better than losing it altogether. Talk about a close call.

- - -

@/packook
Quote:
She looks back at the bloodied locket not knowing if it's locked or not and tries to open it to see what is inside.

It doesn't take long to get the locket open, though your claws are now slicked with blood. The lid pops off with ease, revealing a small wad of paper. Somewhat of a surprise, since you weren't really expecting something to be inside...

Quote:
From this point forward, danger will be lurking in unexpected places.

You need to tread with caution.

RmHSCAk.png NjbUgLV.png ycEeRDZ.png ONw09wm.pngRmHSCAk.png
@SoulSorbet
y1cIJeO.jpg
Voiella hummed quietly as she surveyed the scene, glancing at each member of their party in turn. After a moment, she rose slightly from her crouch and crept back to the pillar that had previously held the broken plaque and searched for anything that might be beneath where the missive had been.
@SoulSorbet
y1cIJeO.jpg
Voiella hummed quietly as she surveyed the scene, glancing at each member of their party in turn. After a moment, she rose slightly from her crouch and crept back to the pillar that had previously held the broken plaque and searched for anything that might be beneath where the missive had been.
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
[center] [size=1]@Ketchalin @Tanglefire @RugaQwarcall @packook @Mismas @FlamesEmbrace @Oxyzee @Hiss @Akal [/size] ----- [url=https://youtu.be/VVF6kf_t4Ao][img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/996e/f/2016/276/3/2/lightshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gn.png[/img][/url] Turning over the last of what you could look over with no results to show for it, your eyes are drawn to movement from across the endless horizon. Slowly but surely, a dense fog is rolling in. The clouds are too thick to see through, something you can determine even at this distance. A sign of impending danger. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=29&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=162&tertgene=35&winggene=34&wings=138&auth=367907b41ecd8a6bd810a208721eee987fb3c85b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The filthy dragon beside the bridge seems completely oblivious, sniffing the air before wordlessly finding a corner to lie in. By the time you gather your bearings for the evening, the fog billows over your feet. . . . You can only hope that nothing will go wrong. [/center]
@Ketchalin @Tanglefire @RugaQwarcall @packook @Mismas @FlamesEmbrace @Oxyzee @Hiss @Akal

lightshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gn.png

Turning over the last of what you could look over with no results to show for it,

your eyes are drawn to movement from across the endless horizon.

Slowly but surely, a dense fog is rolling in.

The clouds are too thick to see through, something you can determine even at this distance.

A sign of impending danger.

dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=29&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=162&tertgene=35&winggene=34&wings=138&auth=367907b41ecd8a6bd810a208721eee987fb3c85b&dummyext=prev.png

The filthy dragon beside the bridge seems completely oblivious, sniffing the air before wordlessly finding a corner to lie in.

By the time you gather your bearings for the evening, the fog billows over your feet.

. . .

You can only hope that nothing will go wrong.

[center][size=1]@Ketchalin @Tanglefire @RugaQwarcall @packook @Mismas @FlamesEmbrace @Oxyzee @Hiss @Akal @Stormdreamer @Insalem @Nanosaur @SaaviYB @Lednik [/size] [url=https://youtu.be/Sw8tPYQ5gdM][img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/996e/f/2016/276/3/2/lightshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gn.png[/img][/url] The group is brought to an abrupt awakening As a shrill scream pierces the air. The fog has yet to clear, making it impossible to see anything. But you couldn't let that stop you. You [i]knew [/i]what was taking place. That was a bloodcurdling cry for help. . . . Something, or someone, was using the fog to their advantage. You try to follow their voice, nearly falling into the murky water in panic. It forces you to slow your steps, careful not to make the same mistake again. The dragon's cries feel closer, yet become more strained. Weak. By the time you arrive, it looks like everyone else had also gathered in place. That is, aside from [i]Voiella [/i]who couldn't hear the victim's screams. And evidently, you'd arrived too late. Lying at the center of the assembled crowd is [i]Blanche[/i]. Her eyes look distant, [i]empty[/i]. There was no doubting it. She had been killed in cold blood And you'd heard every last breath. . . . The fog finally begins to clear, giving Voiella a chance to catch onto what had occurred. She rushes over, taking in the scene with a mortified expression. Eight survivors remained, each standing beside Blanche's corpse with their own perspective of the affair. And with that, a grim realization dawns over them all. If Blanche had been pleading for help up until the group's arrival, with everyone converging on her location at once... then there was no time for the culprit to run off and hide. Blanche's murderer had never left. . . . But who could it have been? [b][ Day 7: Trepidation ][/b] ----- ((@/Mismas (Blanche) has been killed, which will remove them from the pinglist.)) [/center]
@Ketchalin @Tanglefire @RugaQwarcall @packook @Mismas @FlamesEmbrace @Oxyzee @Hiss @Akal

@Stormdreamer @Insalem @Nanosaur @SaaviYB @Lednik

lightshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gn.png

The group is brought to an abrupt awakening

As a shrill scream pierces the air.

The fog has yet to clear, making it impossible to see anything.

But you couldn't let that stop you. You knew what was taking place.

That was a bloodcurdling cry for help.

. . .

Something, or someone, was using the fog to their advantage.

You try to follow their voice, nearly falling into the murky water in panic. It forces you to slow your steps, careful not to make the same mistake again.

The dragon's cries feel closer, yet become more strained. Weak.

By the time you arrive, it looks like everyone else had also gathered in place. That is, aside from Voiella who couldn't hear the victim's screams.

And evidently, you'd arrived too late.

Lying at the center of the assembled crowd is Blanche.

Her eyes look distant, empty. There was no doubting it.

She had been killed in cold blood

And you'd heard every last breath.

. . .

The fog finally begins to clear, giving Voiella a chance to catch onto what had occurred. She rushes over, taking in the scene with a mortified expression.

Eight survivors remained, each standing beside Blanche's corpse with their own perspective of the affair.

And with that, a grim realization dawns over them all.

If Blanche had been pleading for help up until the group's arrival, with everyone converging on her location at once... then there was no time for the culprit to run off and hide.

Blanche's murderer had never left.

. . .

But who could it have been?

[ Day 7: Trepidation ]

((@/Mismas (Blanche) has been killed, which will remove them from the pinglist.))
@Soulsorbet

((I am sorry for disappearing, internet over here is bad for a week))

Another one dead.

Eternity found himself shivering suddenly, realising that the killer might be still among them. so someone else is.... . He tried to stop his claws from shivering as he approached Mismas’ body.

“I’m sorry everyone.” He mumbled. “I gotta do this, or things wouldn’t end well for me.”

Eternity picked up anything left by Mismas, then threw her body into the river, so it cannot be inspected
@Soulsorbet

((I am sorry for disappearing, internet over here is bad for a week))

Another one dead.

Eternity found himself shivering suddenly, realising that the killer might be still among them. so someone else is.... . He tried to stop his claws from shivering as he approached Mismas’ body.

“I’m sorry everyone.” He mumbled. “I gotta do this, or things wouldn’t end well for me.”

Eternity picked up anything left by Mismas, then threw her body into the river, so it cannot be inspected
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
@tanglefire Quickwing watched as Blanche's body slowly sunk into the unnatural water. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3083135] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/30832/3083135p.png[/img] [/url] "Oh...well there goes the body." Quickwing turned back from the river to Eternity. "What do you mean things wouldn't end well for you? You do know throwing the body away before investigating it does make you look awfully suspicious." @soulsorbet Still pondering the reasons behind Eternity's actions Quickwing went over to the Gaoler to ask another question on her mind. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3083135] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/30832/3083135p.png[/img] [/url] "Excuse me. [b]Do you know if and what our time limit is to cross this bridge? I don't see any immediate threats in this area but maybe you know something we don't.[/b]"
@tanglefire
Quickwing watched as Blanche's body slowly sunk into the unnatural water.

3083135p.png

"Oh...well there goes the body." Quickwing turned back from the river to Eternity. "What do you mean things wouldn't end well for you? You do know throwing the body away before investigating it does make you look awfully suspicious."

@soulsorbet
Still pondering the reasons behind Eternity's actions Quickwing went over to the Gaoler to ask another question on her mind.

3083135p.png

"Excuse me. Do you know if and what our time limit is to cross this bridge? I don't see any immediate threats in this area but maybe you know something we don't."

tumblr_nyp53fylti1rblo47o1_500.png
+0 FR time

mjamlegends_by_thestorykeeper-d9v7lh2.pngdom-mini.png

xfeFcu.png

E1a1YiR.png
mzwxeKN.png
3UQGyNs.png

tumblr_neeclj9oGa1u24n19o1_400.png

rH6hzWL.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39