Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Graphite Academy for Superheroes(CLOSED)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
From the opposite end of the hall, whence the group of children came, what could only be called a really bad impersonation of an ambulance could be heard, and the squeaking of wheels.

"WEEEEEWOOOOWEEEWOOOO" A medical gurney, that didn't appear to be manned, slammed around a corner no one could see, skidding for a heartbeat, before hurtling down the hall toward the group. At about 3 feet away, it seemed like something hit the breaks, and HARD. The whole thing stopped with a shriek of metal and old rubber tires, and the white sheet covering the gurney flew off. It fluttered for a moment in the air, before settling over Aiden. From beneath he gurney, several tiny figures emerged, each with a pair of cellophane wings that sparkled in the fluorescent light of the hall.

The fairies fluttered up and around Aiden, three of them circling up, and shimmering sparks of magic ensconcing him, and lifting him bodily off the ground, to place him on the gurney. They straightened him out, placed the briefcase beneath the mattress for safe keeping, and strapped his skinny butt down. A fourth, slightly larger fairy, with six wing segments, rather than four, fluttered over to the group, with what appeared to be a tiny clipboard in hand. "I'll need an incident statement from someone.... anyone, please? We'll get his once his arm is repaired." As the tiny being spoke, their voice distinctly somewhere between male and female, their figure just as androgynous.

Suhee blinked at this whole occurance, not really surprised anymore, more curious, if anything. Especially as the gurney took off at breakneck speeds again. Now it was more obvious, two of the fae were perched underneath it, their magic turning the wheels, while a third perched on the handles to steer and scream at the top of it's tiny lungs. "WEEEEWOOOOWEEEEWOOO".

"I... suppose I can give you a statement, yes?" Suhee offers lightly, and the small fairy smiles and passes over the clipboard. With a snap of it's fingers, the little object grows to a far more manageable, big person size, and Suhee scribbles down a full, and amazingly detailed, chain of events. Passing the clipboard back, with a scribbled signature that looked like a chain of semi-geometric shapes, Suhee smiled. "Thank you for your service, tiny winged person."

The fairy looked surprised, jolting backwards, "Why! My name is Titania! I am the head nurse (and the queen of fairies), and those three were my assistants (And handmaidens) Peaseblossom, Mustardseed and Puck! You will do well to remember us!"

Suhee nodded, grinning widely, "I will, I will. Hopefully I will not see you often, but it is always good to meet the practitioners. Have a good day. Take care of the odd ceiling man!"

Nurse Titania puffed her cheeks, pouting, before turning about and disappearing into a mote of light, zipping off down the hall.

((I hope that's suitable. IT'll give Aiden a chance to interact whenever they get back))
From the opposite end of the hall, whence the group of children came, what could only be called a really bad impersonation of an ambulance could be heard, and the squeaking of wheels.

"WEEEEEWOOOOWEEEWOOOO" A medical gurney, that didn't appear to be manned, slammed around a corner no one could see, skidding for a heartbeat, before hurtling down the hall toward the group. At about 3 feet away, it seemed like something hit the breaks, and HARD. The whole thing stopped with a shriek of metal and old rubber tires, and the white sheet covering the gurney flew off. It fluttered for a moment in the air, before settling over Aiden. From beneath he gurney, several tiny figures emerged, each with a pair of cellophane wings that sparkled in the fluorescent light of the hall.

The fairies fluttered up and around Aiden, three of them circling up, and shimmering sparks of magic ensconcing him, and lifting him bodily off the ground, to place him on the gurney. They straightened him out, placed the briefcase beneath the mattress for safe keeping, and strapped his skinny butt down. A fourth, slightly larger fairy, with six wing segments, rather than four, fluttered over to the group, with what appeared to be a tiny clipboard in hand. "I'll need an incident statement from someone.... anyone, please? We'll get his once his arm is repaired." As the tiny being spoke, their voice distinctly somewhere between male and female, their figure just as androgynous.

Suhee blinked at this whole occurance, not really surprised anymore, more curious, if anything. Especially as the gurney took off at breakneck speeds again. Now it was more obvious, two of the fae were perched underneath it, their magic turning the wheels, while a third perched on the handles to steer and scream at the top of it's tiny lungs. "WEEEEWOOOOWEEEEWOOO".

"I... suppose I can give you a statement, yes?" Suhee offers lightly, and the small fairy smiles and passes over the clipboard. With a snap of it's fingers, the little object grows to a far more manageable, big person size, and Suhee scribbles down a full, and amazingly detailed, chain of events. Passing the clipboard back, with a scribbled signature that looked like a chain of semi-geometric shapes, Suhee smiled. "Thank you for your service, tiny winged person."

The fairy looked surprised, jolting backwards, "Why! My name is Titania! I am the head nurse (and the queen of fairies), and those three were my assistants (And handmaidens) Peaseblossom, Mustardseed and Puck! You will do well to remember us!"

Suhee nodded, grinning widely, "I will, I will. Hopefully I will not see you often, but it is always good to meet the practitioners. Have a good day. Take care of the odd ceiling man!"

Nurse Titania puffed her cheeks, pouting, before turning about and disappearing into a mote of light, zipping off down the hall.

((I hope that's suitable. IT'll give Aiden a chance to interact whenever they get back))
Nextgenlogo.png
Mentioned: Suhee, Ren Ayaka

Expression bemused, Duha stood up, blinked once or twice, then turned to beckon everyone. "I... we should... let's just eat. Suhee, about that clipboard - what'd you even write? We don't know anything 'bout the guy."

The group slowly made their way downstairs, Mina excitedly pointing things out to Ren.

"Wow, the staircase is huge! I could fit my whole family sideways on a step! Granted, my family is just my parents and I..."

"Gosh, that's a really nice statue! I can see my reflection - is this that human bard from 1500-something? Uh, Shackle-spear?"

"Oh my, is that peridot?!"

She stopped walking and looked up at a wall just before the group reached the dining room, which was about half the size of the entry hall, and just off to the side. There hung a reflective, silvery tapestry with various gems embedded in it, most notably a large pale green stone in an octagonal cut at the top.

"I think so, but don't be fooled - most of these gems are artifical, or only part-real." replied Duha, smoothly interrupting a childhood fantasy. Minakshi shrugged, not daunted in the slightest. "Why do you like peridot so much?"

"Oh, well, it's kind of silly, but it's my birthstone," said Mina, smiling sheepishly. "I was raised on Earth, with plenty of other Earth-dwellers, so I heard a lot of human superstitions and whatnot, specifically birth-related. My dad really likes zodiacs. I'm a Virgo."
Mentioned: Suhee, Ren Ayaka

Expression bemused, Duha stood up, blinked once or twice, then turned to beckon everyone. "I... we should... let's just eat. Suhee, about that clipboard - what'd you even write? We don't know anything 'bout the guy."

The group slowly made their way downstairs, Mina excitedly pointing things out to Ren.

"Wow, the staircase is huge! I could fit my whole family sideways on a step! Granted, my family is just my parents and I..."

"Gosh, that's a really nice statue! I can see my reflection - is this that human bard from 1500-something? Uh, Shackle-spear?"

"Oh my, is that peridot?!"

She stopped walking and looked up at a wall just before the group reached the dining room, which was about half the size of the entry hall, and just off to the side. There hung a reflective, silvery tapestry with various gems embedded in it, most notably a large pale green stone in an octagonal cut at the top.

"I think so, but don't be fooled - most of these gems are artifical, or only part-real." replied Duha, smoothly interrupting a childhood fantasy. Minakshi shrugged, not daunted in the slightest. "Why do you like peridot so much?"

"Oh, well, it's kind of silly, but it's my birthstone," said Mina, smiling sheepishly. "I was raised on Earth, with plenty of other Earth-dwellers, so I heard a lot of human superstitions and whatnot, specifically birth-related. My dad really likes zodiacs. I'm a Virgo."
76927939ad6134c1b5b0fa472803ca4b.png
Mentioned-Mina
Ren entered her room, noticing the traditional Japanese style scrolls with illustrations of foxes, as well as the bamboo mats upon the floor. There was a simple bedroll on the side of her room, with a plush cushion sitting at the head. It was a nice mildly warm temperature. After she had finished checking out her room, she followed the group, listening and smiling happily as Mina pointed things out to her, things Ren might not have paid any mind to if they were not brought to her attention. She smiled, noticing the surprising intricacy of the walls as they descended the wide staircase.
Mentioned-Mina
Ren entered her room, noticing the traditional Japanese style scrolls with illustrations of foxes, as well as the bamboo mats upon the floor. There was a simple bedroll on the side of her room, with a plush cushion sitting at the head. It was a nice mildly warm temperature. After she had finished checking out her room, she followed the group, listening and smiling happily as Mina pointed things out to her, things Ren might not have paid any mind to if they were not brought to her attention. She smiled, noticing the surprising intricacy of the walls as they descended the wide staircase.
Suhee just trotted alongside Duha, "I simply wrote what we know. We were traveling down the hallway from the first designated entrance. We were approximately four doors down when a tear from one planar existence to another opened immediately above us, and that man fell through. He impacted the ground at approximately 20 clicks, more than enough speed to snap a human ulna, impacted on his right arm, and was hit in the head by his briefcase, which was traveling at the same speed, likely resulting in a concussion." They explained, noting everything on her fingers.

"They simply asked for a situation report, and I'm rather good at writing those. It's one of the few things even my commanding officer can't fault me on... and that woman will find fault in literally anything I do, if she can." A shrug follows that statement, "Moms, am I right?"
Suhee just trotted alongside Duha, "I simply wrote what we know. We were traveling down the hallway from the first designated entrance. We were approximately four doors down when a tear from one planar existence to another opened immediately above us, and that man fell through. He impacted the ground at approximately 20 clicks, more than enough speed to snap a human ulna, impacted on his right arm, and was hit in the head by his briefcase, which was traveling at the same speed, likely resulting in a concussion." They explained, noting everything on her fingers.

"They simply asked for a situation report, and I'm rather good at writing those. It's one of the few things even my commanding officer can't fault me on... and that woman will find fault in literally anything I do, if she can." A shrug follows that statement, "Moms, am I right?"
Nextgenlogo.png
Mentioned: Alexander (briefly), Lovisa

Lydian waved back at Alexander before noticing Suhee ask if the man’s arm was broken. Whoops, I should have noticed that before the... alien did, he thought sheepishly before noticing a quiet impersonation of what he presumed to be a siren, it was so bad it was hard to tell, gradually getting louder.

He covered his ears with a wince as he heard the sharp screech the wheels of the gurney made as it jerked to a stop. He hated screeching noises.

He blinked rapidly when he noticed a small fairy drift away from the gurney, followed by three others. The boy quietly stood by as fairies did their job, and drove the gurney away.

He noticed an older girl, fifteen maybe sixteen, who was especially tall, and headed over to talk to her. She looked human, but she was tall and rather muscular which interested him, especially since she looked like a dancer.

He caught a glance of the girl’s eyes, and his mind froze as he looked into her eyes. They were the eyes of a predator. “Are you part animal? Your nails and eyes don’t seem human.” He doubted the girl would take offense if he was wrong since she had that unwavering look of confidence.

Mentioned: Alexander (briefly), Lovisa

Lydian waved back at Alexander before noticing Suhee ask if the man’s arm was broken. Whoops, I should have noticed that before the... alien did, he thought sheepishly before noticing a quiet impersonation of what he presumed to be a siren, it was so bad it was hard to tell, gradually getting louder.

He covered his ears with a wince as he heard the sharp screech the wheels of the gurney made as it jerked to a stop. He hated screeching noises.

He blinked rapidly when he noticed a small fairy drift away from the gurney, followed by three others. The boy quietly stood by as fairies did their job, and drove the gurney away.

He noticed an older girl, fifteen maybe sixteen, who was especially tall, and headed over to talk to her. She looked human, but she was tall and rather muscular which interested him, especially since she looked like a dancer.

He caught a glance of the girl’s eyes, and his mind froze as he looked into her eyes. They were the eyes of a predator. “Are you part animal? Your nails and eyes don’t seem human.” He doubted the girl would take offense if he was wrong since she had that unwavering look of confidence.

maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
Mentioned- Lydian
Lovisa had observed her dorm room, noticing it seemed like a pine wood forest, with a hammock strung between two fake, but incredibly realistic redwood trees. Her side of her room was littered with soft pine needles on the floor, as well as soft grass. The floor had lots of traction for if she went wolf, and she smirked, arms crossed comfortably against her chest. She followed the group, noticing the fairies doing their jobs. She noticed a rather short, somewhat scrawny looking man with black hair approaching her. In response to his question, she bared her sharp teeth in a grin and said, “Yup, I’m a werewolf! You look pretty human to me, you got some sorta power or somethin’?”
Mentioned- Lydian
Lovisa had observed her dorm room, noticing it seemed like a pine wood forest, with a hammock strung between two fake, but incredibly realistic redwood trees. Her side of her room was littered with soft pine needles on the floor, as well as soft grass. The floor had lots of traction for if she went wolf, and she smirked, arms crossed comfortably against her chest. She followed the group, noticing the fairies doing their jobs. She noticed a rather short, somewhat scrawny looking man with black hair approaching her. In response to his question, she bared her sharp teeth in a grin and said, “Yup, I’m a werewolf! You look pretty human to me, you got some sorta power or somethin’?”
Mentioned: Suhee

One hand on the wall, idly tracing the carvings with her fingers, Duha nodded at Suhee's mom-joke. "Mm. Well, I wouldn't know, I grew up alone with my dad. My elder siblings were always out of the house, and they're both more than a decade older than me anyways. My dad never did like me very much." She shrugged and smiled.

"But, never mind that. We should get to dinner."

Duha turned to address the whole group. "Alright guys, this is the dining hall - not so hard to find, and you can come and sit here anytime you want, although proper meals aren't served outside specific times. 7 to 9 for breakfast, 12-2 for lunch, and what was it... 6 to something for dinner.

"Oh well. Just show up early. You don't have to come down with a teacher most days, I just came with on the first day. Oh, and I'll hand you guys class schedules while you're eating. If I remember that is. Oh boy, I'm rambling, sorry... let's just go."

The group entered the dining hall, which was a strange mix of a modern cafe (plastic seating and mismatched couches here and there) and the grandiose castle-like structure of the rest of the building.

The walls were beautifully carved, supposedly telling a story - something comedic in hieroglyphics.

The ceiling was mostly wood, and just as high up as the entrance hall, but there were plenty of small, diamond-shaped cuts of glass too. The sky was still fairly blue, but the clouds were already dwindling into orange wisps, signalling the shorter days to come.

Duha gestured vaguely to the odd selection of couches, seats, and the occasional armchair, then disappeared into the incoming crowds of students and teachers.

Alexis clambered over the back of an armchair and settled cross-legged on it, ignoring the mud their boots had smeared over it. Mina was in awe due to the sheer size of the room. Silently pondering Duha's sudden disappearance, she settled on a tiny wooden stool facing a glass table.
Mentioned: Suhee

One hand on the wall, idly tracing the carvings with her fingers, Duha nodded at Suhee's mom-joke. "Mm. Well, I wouldn't know, I grew up alone with my dad. My elder siblings were always out of the house, and they're both more than a decade older than me anyways. My dad never did like me very much." She shrugged and smiled.

"But, never mind that. We should get to dinner."

Duha turned to address the whole group. "Alright guys, this is the dining hall - not so hard to find, and you can come and sit here anytime you want, although proper meals aren't served outside specific times. 7 to 9 for breakfast, 12-2 for lunch, and what was it... 6 to something for dinner.

"Oh well. Just show up early. You don't have to come down with a teacher most days, I just came with on the first day. Oh, and I'll hand you guys class schedules while you're eating. If I remember that is. Oh boy, I'm rambling, sorry... let's just go."

The group entered the dining hall, which was a strange mix of a modern cafe (plastic seating and mismatched couches here and there) and the grandiose castle-like structure of the rest of the building.

The walls were beautifully carved, supposedly telling a story - something comedic in hieroglyphics.

The ceiling was mostly wood, and just as high up as the entrance hall, but there were plenty of small, diamond-shaped cuts of glass too. The sky was still fairly blue, but the clouds were already dwindling into orange wisps, signalling the shorter days to come.

Duha gestured vaguely to the odd selection of couches, seats, and the occasional armchair, then disappeared into the incoming crowds of students and teachers.

Alexis clambered over the back of an armchair and settled cross-legged on it, ignoring the mud their boots had smeared over it. Mina was in awe due to the sheer size of the room. Silently pondering Duha's sudden disappearance, she settled on a tiny wooden stool facing a glass table.
76927939ad6134c1b5b0fa472803ca4b.png
Vivica wheeled herself into the lunchroom after the majority of the class had made their way inside, finding her way to a table that was unoccupied, she settled there and leaned on the glass top, closing her eyes and letting out a soft groan. Today has been needlessly stressful...

As she rested there, she listened to the other students. Talk of gem stones, and fish, and what food might be for dinner. All she could think of was that she didn't want to eat too much. Too much food meant an annoying amount of additional mass for a few days while her body processed it and burned the energy it produced. The unnecessary pieces would just be discarded, not that her body considered anything to be unnecessary. Even indigestible things to most people just... didn't last long in her system. But that hardly mattered when she had to regularly balance her PH to keep from hurting someone... which meant it could take days to properly digest a meal. Sometimes stuff even started going bad inside her.... Not that it mattered to HER, but depending on what it was, it could stink something awful. That was mostly why she stuck to stuff that was destroyed relatively quickly... Rice... plant matter... never meat, though. Meat took too long... and stank too much after a couple days. She rested her forehead on the table, and shifted her form, just slightly. A bright purple eye opening, hidden behind the shell of her "hair". She peered around the room again, curious.

Suhee on the other hand, meandered around the room with curiosity, tracing their fingers along the walls... making mental notes of everything. Humanity was capable of amazing feats of engineering, of artistry. Things her people had mostly let go by the wayside, in return for surviving longer. "Humans are such curious creatures..." they mumble, mostly to themselves. "Capable of living, somewhat in harmony with beings much more powerful than them, but still deeming themselves superior in many ways. The pride might be a problem.. but that can be quelled with time..."
Vivica wheeled herself into the lunchroom after the majority of the class had made their way inside, finding her way to a table that was unoccupied, she settled there and leaned on the glass top, closing her eyes and letting out a soft groan. Today has been needlessly stressful...

As she rested there, she listened to the other students. Talk of gem stones, and fish, and what food might be for dinner. All she could think of was that she didn't want to eat too much. Too much food meant an annoying amount of additional mass for a few days while her body processed it and burned the energy it produced. The unnecessary pieces would just be discarded, not that her body considered anything to be unnecessary. Even indigestible things to most people just... didn't last long in her system. But that hardly mattered when she had to regularly balance her PH to keep from hurting someone... which meant it could take days to properly digest a meal. Sometimes stuff even started going bad inside her.... Not that it mattered to HER, but depending on what it was, it could stink something awful. That was mostly why she stuck to stuff that was destroyed relatively quickly... Rice... plant matter... never meat, though. Meat took too long... and stank too much after a couple days. She rested her forehead on the table, and shifted her form, just slightly. A bright purple eye opening, hidden behind the shell of her "hair". She peered around the room again, curious.

Suhee on the other hand, meandered around the room with curiosity, tracing their fingers along the walls... making mental notes of everything. Humanity was capable of amazing feats of engineering, of artistry. Things her people had mostly let go by the wayside, in return for surviving longer. "Humans are such curious creatures..." they mumble, mostly to themselves. "Capable of living, somewhat in harmony with beings much more powerful than them, but still deeming themselves superior in many ways. The pride might be a problem.. but that can be quelled with time..."
Nextgenlogo.png
Mentioned: Lovisa

Lydian usually didn’t mind talking about his powers or showing them off, but when he was surrounded by young children it made him feel rather awkward. He didn’t want to give them any ideas about self-injury. This girl should be old enough to not get any stupid ideas though.

“I’m human, but I have powers.” The boy decided the description sounded to plain and explained a little further. “I manipulate my blood as well as use blood to summon things, small things. I usually have to cut myself since people don’t walk around with open injuries.”

The boy steered the conversation away from powers as they walked into the cafeteria. “I wonder how we get the food,” he pondered as he looked around for a good chair to sit in. “It probably isn’t a buffet, and there are a good deal of people here that eat various things so it’d be hard to make a good menu.”

He selected a plastic chair and sat down before glancing at the other chair in form of him and at the girl he was talking to. “Do you want to sit down?” He asked politely. “I don’t think I got your name. I’m Lydian.”
Mentioned: Lovisa

Lydian usually didn’t mind talking about his powers or showing them off, but when he was surrounded by young children it made him feel rather awkward. He didn’t want to give them any ideas about self-injury. This girl should be old enough to not get any stupid ideas though.

“I’m human, but I have powers.” The boy decided the description sounded to plain and explained a little further. “I manipulate my blood as well as use blood to summon things, small things. I usually have to cut myself since people don’t walk around with open injuries.”

The boy steered the conversation away from powers as they walked into the cafeteria. “I wonder how we get the food,” he pondered as he looked around for a good chair to sit in. “It probably isn’t a buffet, and there are a good deal of people here that eat various things so it’d be hard to make a good menu.”

He selected a plastic chair and sat down before glancing at the other chair in form of him and at the girl he was talking to. “Do you want to sit down?” He asked politely. “I don’t think I got your name. I’m Lydian.”
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
Mentioned-Lydian

Lovisa cocked her head like a curious dog would as she listened to Lydian’s explanation of his powers. She followed him, interested by the specific powers he possessed. She sat in front of him at the table, “I’m Lovisa Malmström” she shifted the conversation back to powers as he asked, “Were you born with these powers, or did you gain them somehow?”
Mentioned-Lydian

Lovisa cocked her head like a curious dog would as she listened to Lydian’s explanation of his powers. She followed him, interested by the specific powers he possessed. She sat in front of him at the table, “I’m Lovisa Malmström” she shifted the conversation back to powers as he asked, “Were you born with these powers, or did you gain them somehow?”
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17