Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I wanna be reborn into a new account
1 2
I've redone my lore/account/etc like, at least 4 major times
I've redone my lore/account/etc like, at least 4 major times
5VAXjaj.pngFFpBIKI.pngjKoaviz.png
I started fresh a day or two ago.

I sold all my dragons. I bought a few new dragons. I decided to completely redo my lore and built an idea that I like more than any of my previous ideas. It took me weeks of wondering and deciding, but I did it. I had a day where I just wanted to start anew, and so I did. I got my new clan leaders—Bryn and Gereon—and even if I had trouble deciding the gender of Bryn's partner, I settled on that tonight.

I moved back to Shadow in February, and I have every intention of staying here. I changed my username to SorcererUmbra sometime this year, and after some struggling with that, I'd decided to stay with that as well. I'm finally comfortable with what I'm doing after years of being here. I thought about wanting a new account, wanting to start completely anew, but I decided against it. I've made friends here, and I don't want to leave them, so I just restarted my lore and my clan. Sold off everything I didn't need, and started a new idea for my lore.

Take some time. Think about what you want to do. Then, if you can get together the energy, do it. But give yourself a break if you need it. I've taken a couple breaks since I've been here, and now that I'm back and ready to move forward on a new project, I feel better.
I started fresh a day or two ago.

I sold all my dragons. I bought a few new dragons. I decided to completely redo my lore and built an idea that I like more than any of my previous ideas. It took me weeks of wondering and deciding, but I did it. I had a day where I just wanted to start anew, and so I did. I got my new clan leaders—Bryn and Gereon—and even if I had trouble deciding the gender of Bryn's partner, I settled on that tonight.

I moved back to Shadow in February, and I have every intention of staying here. I changed my username to SorcererUmbra sometime this year, and after some struggling with that, I'd decided to stay with that as well. I'm finally comfortable with what I'm doing after years of being here. I thought about wanting a new account, wanting to start completely anew, but I decided against it. I've made friends here, and I don't want to leave them, so I just restarted my lore and my clan. Sold off everything I didn't need, and started a new idea for my lore.

Take some time. Think about what you want to do. Then, if you can get together the energy, do it. But give yourself a break if you need it. I've taken a couple breaks since I've been here, and now that I'm back and ready to move forward on a new project, I feel better.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
I did that back in late June. Now I'm happily rockin' V A P O R W A V E
I did that back in late June. Now I'm happily rockin' V A P O R W A V E
I know the feeling, and if you've seen my lair now, you could only imagine how painful it was to change my face entirely. Had a different username, had actual dressed dragons, all that jazz. However, I could never seem to find a way to build lore >:/. I always got stuck on the whole "clan that fights for their flight and has no real "goal" " theme. Then I dropped face first into a subspecies and tadaa- forced myself to purge everything in sake of creating an entirely new lair aesthetic!
I know the feeling, and if you've seen my lair now, you could only imagine how painful it was to change my face entirely. Had a different username, had actual dressed dragons, all that jazz. However, I could never seem to find a way to build lore >:/. I always got stuck on the whole "clan that fights for their flight and has no real "goal" " theme. Then I dropped face first into a subspecies and tadaa- forced myself to purge everything in sake of creating an entirely new lair aesthetic!
5409.png
"Do not let it win. Do not give in. Do not assimilate."

34821.png
Nah, you're not alone. I even contacted staff about it and unfortunately, it's a no-go. I guess in a way I'm glad? Having to re-do all those turns at gathering, unlocking all those apparel slots, not even mentioning the lair expansions and tabs @.@

I let myself feel bummed about it. I decided to do what I can do with my account that I liked to do, until slowly I found my groove again. Maybe it won't happen to everyone, but it's possible so keep hope.
Nah, you're not alone. I even contacted staff about it and unfortunately, it's a no-go. I guess in a way I'm glad? Having to re-do all those turns at gathering, unlocking all those apparel slots, not even mentioning the lair expansions and tabs @.@

I let myself feel bummed about it. I decided to do what I can do with my account that I liked to do, until slowly I found my groove again. Maybe it won't happen to everyone, but it's possible so keep hope.
xe/xyr/xem
slowly clear out what you can let go of. take a break. come back and reassess. a whole new account isn't worth the effort you put into your own you have now. use your assets to rebuild a brand new name and identity for yourself -- name change, flight switch, new dragons, whatever you're annoyed at, put forth to change. think really hard about the aesthetic that would make you happy to look at. don't think about what would please others.

it's a lot of work to start over but in the end, when you have what you really wanted, it's worth every step. trust me
slowly clear out what you can let go of. take a break. come back and reassess. a whole new account isn't worth the effort you put into your own you have now. use your assets to rebuild a brand new name and identity for yourself -- name change, flight switch, new dragons, whatever you're annoyed at, put forth to change. think really hard about the aesthetic that would make you happy to look at. don't think about what would please others.

it's a lot of work to start over but in the end, when you have what you really wanted, it's worth every step. trust me
yzUX307.png
1 2