Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Yet another hello
Hello, I'm Stardust79, though for ease of conversation just drop the numbers at the end.

I have no memory of what suggested I travel here, however it was a long time ago, and only recently did I decide to follow that suggestion. I'm glad, for dragons are one of my favourite creatures, and the community seems to be nice also.

Wind was, of course, my flight of choice. The whole idea of a land of explorers and artists is right up my street. Though if I'd known more about this site then perhaps I'd've chosen Earth or Lightning, as my childhood dreams were of myself travelling vast distances over barren places, able to visit anywhere in the world. Nevertheless, I'm happy with my choosing, and thinking more I think it fits me best still.

I'm very much a fan of the serious Gaolers and the noble Guardians, however the Mirrors and the Pearlcatchers are the most pleasing to my eye. It does seem the Gaolers are special however, that true?

Hmm, I think I like these familiars and the odd genes of all dragons, my favourite perhaps is the Pinstripe and Trail genes, they seem to fit together well. Oh, and on my explorations yesterday, I saw a banana coloured dragon with those patterns, and I too very much want one!

But enough about these new lands and my thousand queries, I'll talk a little about me! As you may have gleaned, talking (or writing) is a favourite activity of mine, and all day long I shall talk if anyone let me. Though I do understand how I can become quite annoying, so I'll try my best to stop in my ways a little. I like to play games, however my experiences with them are far and few, so I'll always stumble through them. Except for Minecraft, the only game I ever bought.

As well as play, I like to make. Stories and simple origami things are what I make most, but from time to time I try my hand at drawing. I never finish many of my doodles however, art was never my strongest suit.

From myself, that is the end! I hope to speak with you all soon.
Hello, I'm Stardust79, though for ease of conversation just drop the numbers at the end.

I have no memory of what suggested I travel here, however it was a long time ago, and only recently did I decide to follow that suggestion. I'm glad, for dragons are one of my favourite creatures, and the community seems to be nice also.

Wind was, of course, my flight of choice. The whole idea of a land of explorers and artists is right up my street. Though if I'd known more about this site then perhaps I'd've chosen Earth or Lightning, as my childhood dreams were of myself travelling vast distances over barren places, able to visit anywhere in the world. Nevertheless, I'm happy with my choosing, and thinking more I think it fits me best still.

I'm very much a fan of the serious Gaolers and the noble Guardians, however the Mirrors and the Pearlcatchers are the most pleasing to my eye. It does seem the Gaolers are special however, that true?

Hmm, I think I like these familiars and the odd genes of all dragons, my favourite perhaps is the Pinstripe and Trail genes, they seem to fit together well. Oh, and on my explorations yesterday, I saw a banana coloured dragon with those patterns, and I too very much want one!

But enough about these new lands and my thousand queries, I'll talk a little about me! As you may have gleaned, talking (or writing) is a favourite activity of mine, and all day long I shall talk if anyone let me. Though I do understand how I can become quite annoying, so I'll try my best to stop in my ways a little. I like to play games, however my experiences with them are far and few, so I'll always stumble through them. Except for Minecraft, the only game I ever bought.

As well as play, I like to make. Stories and simple origami things are what I make most, but from time to time I try my hand at drawing. I never finish many of my doodles however, art was never my strongest suit.

From myself, that is the end! I hope to speak with you all soon.
@Stardust79

Welcome to FlightRising!

Wind flight has a great reputation of being very creative and supportive. They don't do dominance pushes very often and recently had one. There is always the option of vacationing in other flights or becoming a "wandering clan." You can change flights every 6 months for 1500 gems, which is the equivalent of $15 USD (the first flight change is free). Really small flights may win dominance more often, but their private forums are also much less active. Since it has the 6 month wait period be sure to do research before switching. But I would recommend also staying long enough to give Wind a good chance to win you over!

Gaolers are the newest dragon species to be introduced to FlightRising, only having been released last month. You can read up on the lore in the Encyclopedia. They are considered an Ancient Breed. Ancient Breeds are different from modern breeds in a few ways.
  1. Genes are exclusive to their species.
  2. Genes can be silhouette breaking.
  3. Cannot breed outside of their species.
  4. Cannot wear apparel.

Don't be shy to hop over into Help or Guide forums if you have any questions. There's also a video guide to Flight Rising by PetSimmerJulie aka Raffle. I recommend checking out Raffles/Giveways as well as your private flight forums to get started! There's always free dragons and stuff for new players and you might be able to find some groups that you can be a part of.

I hope you enjoy your stay with all of us here!
@Stardust79

Welcome to FlightRising!

Wind flight has a great reputation of being very creative and supportive. They don't do dominance pushes very often and recently had one. There is always the option of vacationing in other flights or becoming a "wandering clan." You can change flights every 6 months for 1500 gems, which is the equivalent of $15 USD (the first flight change is free). Really small flights may win dominance more often, but their private forums are also much less active. Since it has the 6 month wait period be sure to do research before switching. But I would recommend also staying long enough to give Wind a good chance to win you over!

Gaolers are the newest dragon species to be introduced to FlightRising, only having been released last month. You can read up on the lore in the Encyclopedia. They are considered an Ancient Breed. Ancient Breeds are different from modern breeds in a few ways.
  1. Genes are exclusive to their species.
  2. Genes can be silhouette breaking.
  3. Cannot breed outside of their species.
  4. Cannot wear apparel.

Don't be shy to hop over into Help or Guide forums if you have any questions. There's also a video guide to Flight Rising by PetSimmerJulie aka Raffle. I recommend checking out Raffles/Giveways as well as your private flight forums to get started! There's always free dragons and stuff for new players and you might be able to find some groups that you can be a part of.

I hope you enjoy your stay with all of us here!
gMnWfUA.gif
Artist:
___ Hatchling Probability Calculator X
Data-based Money Making Guide X
Chronological Update Reference X
Cannon Lore Compendium X
___
9clB2dm.png
ei6Xo3k.png
@Bananyan

That's it! Raffle's video was the thing that suggested I come here. At the time, I didn't have any interest, so I didn't join, but over time I became ever more curious, and so I wound up here. A shame I forgot her name, otherwise I would've put her as my referral. Oh well.

Thank you for all the information. The new knowledge has made me sure to seek out a Gaoler some day, so that's another thing for me to put on my bucket list.

For the time being, I shall stay within Wind, after all, I may find the community so enticing I'll never leave. A related question: are wandering clans people that change Flights as often as they can?

Again, thank you. This has been a wonderful welcome
@Bananyan

That's it! Raffle's video was the thing that suggested I come here. At the time, I didn't have any interest, so I didn't join, but over time I became ever more curious, and so I wound up here. A shame I forgot her name, otherwise I would've put her as my referral. Oh well.

Thank you for all the information. The new knowledge has made me sure to seek out a Gaoler some day, so that's another thing for me to put on my bucket list.

For the time being, I shall stay within Wind, after all, I may find the community so enticing I'll never leave. A related question: are wandering clans people that change Flights as often as they can?

Again, thank you. This has been a wonderful welcome
@Startdust79

Wandering Clans are users who change flights frequently or have changed flights multiple times. They might do this for lore/roleplaying reasons, to take advantage of dominance/festivals, or just out of curiosity. I've been considering moving to Wind so PM me sometime and let me know how the community treated you!
@Startdust79

Wandering Clans are users who change flights frequently or have changed flights multiple times. They might do this for lore/roleplaying reasons, to take advantage of dominance/festivals, or just out of curiosity. I've been considering moving to Wind so PM me sometime and let me know how the community treated you!
gMnWfUA.gif
Artist:
___ Hatchling Probability Calculator X
Data-based Money Making Guide X
Chronological Update Reference X
Cannon Lore Compendium X
___
9clB2dm.png
ei6Xo3k.png
@Stardust79

Wow, that is quite the intro.. I am Impressed.

Well welcome to FR... I am Heero and it is nice to meet you. I to am a talker (looks at post count) so if you are ever bored or want to chat or have questions or just want to spam dragon picks I am here.

Do you have any goals? dream items ? questions?

also sent you somthing ..hehe

@Stardust79

Wow, that is quite the intro.. I am Impressed.

Well welcome to FR... I am Heero and it is nice to meet you. I to am a talker (looks at post count) so if you are ever bored or want to chat or have questions or just want to spam dragon picks I am here.

Do you have any goals? dream items ? questions?

also sent you somthing ..hehe

A5i3AHB.png
@Heeroku

Thank you, she's truly beautiful!

I do a lot of English lessons, so fancy (and sometimes pretentious) writings are what I do best, I suppose.

Uhh, I do have a goal of obtaining a Gaoler, however as they are so new and special I'll get to seeking one myself rather than bothering others about it.

I do have a question, however. Do you have any advice on writing lore? Or can you point me in the direction of a guide or person which can help me? After a few days of being on here, writing a short story or creating characters seems nice
@Heeroku

Thank you, she's truly beautiful!

I do a lot of English lessons, so fancy (and sometimes pretentious) writings are what I do best, I suppose.

Uhh, I do have a goal of obtaining a Gaoler, however as they are so new and special I'll get to seeking one myself rather than bothering others about it.

I do have a question, however. Do you have any advice on writing lore? Or can you point me in the direction of a guide or person which can help me? After a few days of being on here, writing a short story or creating characters seems nice
@Stardust79
Gaolers really are not that special, they are just dragons that can not use apparel. See the people on site were pushing for a new breed but since it takes so long to draw apparel it has been over 2 years. So staff came up with this idea, to have ancients that do not have apparel that way they can come out faster. They are new, but already cheap … you can get a fully gened one for 20k so not to bad. I am sure some people will be gifting or raffling them off.

I however do believe that holding off on getting to many dragons is a good idea. With me I spent all my money early on on dragons I did not like in a month. It took a good 6 months before I realized what I really liked and so much wasted money.

Lore is pretty open for the most part , just nothing to graphic.

You can create a board here to hold you clan lore and then put the character infor in dragons bios
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc

Mine for example , its bad and messy ...do not judge..hehe
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2539643

example of a dragon
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=86127&tab=dragon&did=20784798

for site lore you can look here, incase you want to follow site cannon
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki

How are you doing with making money here? Have you found a way you like?
@Stardust79
Gaolers really are not that special, they are just dragons that can not use apparel. See the people on site were pushing for a new breed but since it takes so long to draw apparel it has been over 2 years. So staff came up with this idea, to have ancients that do not have apparel that way they can come out faster. They are new, but already cheap … you can get a fully gened one for 20k so not to bad. I am sure some people will be gifting or raffling them off.

I however do believe that holding off on getting to many dragons is a good idea. With me I spent all my money early on on dragons I did not like in a month. It took a good 6 months before I realized what I really liked and so much wasted money.

Lore is pretty open for the most part , just nothing to graphic.

You can create a board here to hold you clan lore and then put the character infor in dragons bios
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc

Mine for example , its bad and messy ...do not judge..hehe
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2539643

example of a dragon
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=86127&tab=dragon&did=20784798

for site lore you can look here, incase you want to follow site cannon
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki

How are you doing with making money here? Have you found a way you like?
A5i3AHB.png
@Heeroku

This information is useful, and I will certainly heed your warning.

Thank you for the links too, they have been most helpful, but I expect an idea of mine will take time to fully come together. I suppose I shall get to reading and playing with a few thoughts of mine.

As for money-making, I've found the fairgrounds earn me some, however it can be time consuming, and my short attention span leads to me not winning much
@Heeroku

This information is useful, and I will certainly heed your warning.

Thank you for the links too, they have been most helpful, but I expect an idea of mine will take time to fully come together. I suppose I shall get to reading and playing with a few thoughts of mine.

As for money-making, I've found the fairgrounds earn me some, however it can be time consuming, and my short attention span leads to me not winning much
@Stardust79

for me I started with a lair concept and ascetic. Once I got an idea of what my lairs was going to be like I could plug the main dragons in after that. The next best thing is to decide your leaders as they will most likely define who is welcome in the lair.

once you get a concept of what the lair is you can add conflicting characters, supporting and so on.

some things I liked
Ranks
overall clan goal
their opinion to the beast clan
*are they allied with any?
what does the clan pride
who is accepted
Who is disliked
***I feel strong lore gives the clan some weakness, all strength makes a boring story ..haha I love a little struggle

Other notes
it is ok if a character does not fit in the lore, come up with a clever reason behind it .. do they hide there true nature or do they stay on the outside of the clan ???

for fairground play Glitetr and gloom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqbiMtoHtY
once you get the tecnighe it takes 10-15 min a day to get 75k with almost no thought needed.

also level dragons and coli , this can get you tons of things, items, material , apparel , eggs...genes ...
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710

brew cheap items, check prices first
http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/baldwin
materials can make other items or be sold and make money
@Stardust79

for me I started with a lair concept and ascetic. Once I got an idea of what my lairs was going to be like I could plug the main dragons in after that. The next best thing is to decide your leaders as they will most likely define who is welcome in the lair.

once you get a concept of what the lair is you can add conflicting characters, supporting and so on.

some things I liked
Ranks
overall clan goal
their opinion to the beast clan
*are they allied with any?
what does the clan pride
who is accepted
Who is disliked
***I feel strong lore gives the clan some weakness, all strength makes a boring story ..haha I love a little struggle

Other notes
it is ok if a character does not fit in the lore, come up with a clever reason behind it .. do they hide there true nature or do they stay on the outside of the clan ???

for fairground play Glitetr and gloom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqbiMtoHtY
once you get the tecnighe it takes 10-15 min a day to get 75k with almost no thought needed.

also level dragons and coli , this can get you tons of things, items, material , apparel , eggs...genes ...
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710

brew cheap items, check prices first
http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/baldwin
materials can make other items or be sold and make money
A5i3AHB.png