Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | movies you've watched just for an actor?
I’ve been known to watch an anime mostly for its voice cast, such as Bungou Stray Dogs because many of the voice actors were also in Yuri!!! On Ice, or Violet Evergarden for Takehito Koyasu. Also this [quote name="Greyscales" date="2019-07-10 09:02:58" ] Men in Black: International for Tessa Thompson I wanted so badly for that movie to be good, alas. [/quote]
I’ve been known to watch an anime mostly for its voice cast, such as Bungou Stray Dogs because many of the voice actors were also in Yuri!!! On Ice, or Violet Evergarden for Takehito Koyasu.

Also this
Greyscales wrote on 2019-07-10 09:02:58:
Men in Black: International for Tessa Thompson

I wanted so badly for that movie to be good, alas.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
[font=century gothic]I'd prolly watch anything with Robert Downey Jr in it if I'm being honest. [emoji=pearlcatcher winking size=2]
I'd prolly watch anything with Robert Downey Jr in it if I'm being honest.
5iXiC8z.png
CAJaTcp.png
Pgv53XB.png
J7D1quC.png
Q5PUVtn.gif
pQx271A.png ebjDWAS.png
oaolHwW.png
qlJ9D71.png
qJFAY9h.png
eMPFsUR.png
Nothing yet but boutta pop into the new jumanji for my mans devito
Nothing yet but boutta pop into the new jumanji for my mans devito
[quote name="Akarui" date="2019-07-09 22:09:55" ] im currently watching power rangers just for dacre montgomery [/quote] I've done the opposite, I've watched movies because they had actors from the Power Rangers TV series such as "The Crow: City of Angels" for Thuy Trang (who played original MMPR Yellow Ranger Trini in the TV show) or a few anime I might not have otherwise watched because Johnny Yong Bosch (who played Adam, the second MMPR Black Ranger) does a lot of voice acting.
Akarui wrote on 2019-07-09 22:09:55:
im currently watching power rangers just for dacre montgomery

I've done the opposite, I've watched movies because they had actors from the Power Rangers TV series such as "The Crow: City of Angels" for Thuy Trang (who played original MMPR Yellow Ranger Trini in the TV show) or a few anime I might not have otherwise watched because Johnny Yong Bosch (who played Adam, the second MMPR Black Ranger) does a lot of voice acting.

Formerly known as Brenning.
I watched the TV series Ed for Tom Cavanagh, and Sanctuary for Amanda Tapping. Both of them turned out to be pretty good, though it was a bit weird seeing Tom Cavanagh play a more dorky/comedic role in Ed after I just got done with seeing him play a rather terrifying Reverse Flash. Also, I watched Cube for David Hewlett, which despite horror not being something I'd watch normally, turned out to be very good, and watched the web series Inhuman Condition for Torri Higginson and watched Saving Hope for Michael Shanks.

Also, I'm definitely seeing a pattern with most of mine being Stargate actors, though I still have not gotten around to seeing Macgyver.
I watched the TV series Ed for Tom Cavanagh, and Sanctuary for Amanda Tapping. Both of them turned out to be pretty good, though it was a bit weird seeing Tom Cavanagh play a more dorky/comedic role in Ed after I just got done with seeing him play a rather terrifying Reverse Flash. Also, I watched Cube for David Hewlett, which despite horror not being something I'd watch normally, turned out to be very good, and watched the web series Inhuman Condition for Torri Higginson and watched Saving Hope for Michael Shanks.

Also, I'm definitely seeing a pattern with most of mine being Stargate actors, though I still have not gotten around to seeing Macgyver.
I was psyched when I heard Christopher Eccleston was going to be the villain in Thor: The Dark World.

The movie was...not good. Eccleston's part was minimal anyway. Half the time he wasn't even speaking English, and he was so coated in makeup you couldn't even tell it was him.
I was psyched when I heard Christopher Eccleston was going to be the villain in Thor: The Dark World.

The movie was...not good. Eccleston's part was minimal anyway. Half the time he wasn't even speaking English, and he was so coated in makeup you couldn't even tell it was him.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Yea I have definitely done that! You are not alone!
Yea I have definitely done that! You are not alone!
tv shows, not movies, but The Magicians for Felicia Day and Penny Dreadful for Eva Green.

And A Star Is Born for Lady Gaga.
tv shows, not movies, but The Magicians for Felicia Day and Penny Dreadful for Eva Green.

And A Star Is Born for Lady Gaga.
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
honestly, danny devito can save even the worst movie.
honestly, danny devito can save even the worst movie.
0e339d30-3d6e-11e9-8895-1988d6584d7c.gifnew_piskel__4__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78euy.gifnew_piskel__2__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc6yqrm.gifnew_piskel__5__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78stw.gifgamqog1.gifZksdOni.gifnew_piskel__3__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc74o4j.gifr2mttMy.gifGHWRE8R.gifyeetingingingign.gif
I remember when the force awakens first came out I went on a big adam driver binge for awhile. I watched frances ha, while we're young, logan lucky, and this is where I leave you all in the span of one night lmao. they were all pretty decent ngl!
tried watching the show girls too but. god, that show is terrible
I remember when the force awakens first came out I went on a big adam driver binge for awhile. I watched frances ha, while we're young, logan lucky, and this is where I leave you all in the span of one night lmao. they were all pretty decent ngl!
tried watching the show girls too but. god, that show is terrible