Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lesser remembered FR moments
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Back when we had live updates (like for the gladiator apparel) Or FR's first two bots, especially the sports guy. [img]https://imgur.com/Wpx0HtP.png[/img]
Back when we had live updates (like for the gladiator apparel)
Or FR's first two bots, especially the sports guy.
Wpx0HtP.png
feraligatr.gifjolt_a_by_gabby_bean-dcxy9v1.gif
[quote name="Joeydragonz" date="2019-07-09 22:01:01" ] I remember when snappers had crunchy noses [/quote] Jjdhhdgydhjehjdgehkwokobhb stop
Joeydragonz wrote on 2019-07-09 22:01:01:
I remember when snappers had crunchy noses
Jjdhhdgydhjehjdgehkwokobhb stop
SVt2S0L.png
Ah yes, the time where Ice was the absolute smallest flight, a dom powerhouse and at one point before being a powerhouse, was infact quite a disliked flight for a stunt some players tried to pull, although I don't remember the details I remember seeing a lot of hate pointed towards ice.

Also when every single Imp, no exception, was well over 500kt. If you'd snag a horrifying looking one at that price you'd be extremely hyped and felt like one of the cool kids.
Ah yes, the time where Ice was the absolute smallest flight, a dom powerhouse and at one point before being a powerhouse, was infact quite a disliked flight for a stunt some players tried to pull, although I don't remember the details I remember seeing a lot of hate pointed towards ice.

Also when every single Imp, no exception, was well over 500kt. If you'd snag a horrifying looking one at that price you'd be extremely hyped and felt like one of the cool kids.
25355.png
28.pngFR+9-ish?
50.pngFamiliar Hunter

25354.png
When there was no specialty tag in hoards and the AH. So when Glimmer released people would sell the glimmerscale things for the same price as Glimmer to scam people
When there was no specialty tag in hoards and the AH. So when Glimmer released people would sell the glimmerscale things for the same price as Glimmer to scam people
NBeoOgB.png
[quote name="SporkLord" date="2019-07-09 12:45:14" ] everyone make threads on the announcements board, which would appear on the home page. So, everyone made threads on the announcements board so they would have their quite literal 15 seconds of fame before being pushed back by everyone else also posting so they'd be on the home page. This persisted until the bug was fixed and all the threads were deleted. [/quote] Oh my god that is hilarious. When was this?
SporkLord wrote on 2019-07-09 12:45:14:
everyone make threads on the announcements board, which would appear on the home page. So, everyone made threads on the announcements board so they would have their quite literal 15 seconds of fame before being pushed back by everyone else also posting so they'd be on the home page. This persisted until the bug was fixed and all the threads were deleted.
Oh my god that is hilarious. When was this?
Doing Camp Nano this July! If you see me on here please tell me to get my brain back to writing :)
263.png25174.png25173.pngwEamvni.png
how about old old AH?
Before the revamp when it would send items directly to your hoard and before the first revamp when you could actually select colors and the only thing you could do to search was I think like ask for male or female (there were like two other ones but still only like three ways to sort through)

dangers of impulse buying the WRONG DRAGON were real because you had to sit down and sift through ALL the dragons because you couldn't narrow down your search
how about old old AH?
Before the revamp when it would send items directly to your hoard and before the first revamp when you could actually select colors and the only thing you could do to search was I think like ask for male or female (there were like two other ones but still only like three ways to sort through)

dangers of impulse buying the WRONG DRAGON were real because you had to sit down and sift through ALL the dragons because you couldn't narrow down your search
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
[quote name="m0nsters" date="2019-07-10 07:31:32" ] [quote name="SporkLord" date="2019-07-09 12:45:14" ] everyone make threads on the announcements board, which would appear on the home page. So, everyone made threads on the announcements board so they would have their quite literal 15 seconds of fame before being pushed back by everyone else also posting so they'd be on the home page. This persisted until the bug was fixed and all the threads were deleted. [/quote] Oh my god that is hilarious. When was this? [/quote] Unfortunately, I don't remember when it happened, but was several years ago and I don't have screenshots of it, but I know some people do and may be able to be found buried somewhere in the forums. It predated the site status box and the staff never mentioned it in any announcements to my knowledge. It only lasted a few hours and was quietly taken care of. Of course, I'm not the only one still around from whenever it happened, so someone else who remembers it might be able to give a date or time frame on it.
m0nsters wrote on 2019-07-10 07:31:32:
everyone make threads on the announcements board, which would appear on the home page. So, everyone made threads on the announcements board so they would have their quite literal 15 seconds of fame before being pushed back by everyone else also posting so they'd be on the home page. This persisted until the bug was fixed and all the threads were deleted.

Unfortunately, I don't remember when it happened, but was several years ago and I don't have screenshots of it, but I know some people do and may be able to be found buried somewhere in the forums. It predated the site status box and the staff never mentioned it in any announcements to my knowledge. It only lasted a few hours and was quietly taken care of. Of course, I'm not the only one still around from whenever it happened, so someone else who remembers it might be able to give a date or time frame on it.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[quote name="Tuatara" date="2019-07-09 11:17:45" ] Remember when dragons used to change places in your lair by themselves before the lair revamp? It used to make me think someone was logged onto my account trolling me haha [/quote] I always hated that. Made me scared someone was messing with me But I do remember the insanity of all the expanded color wheel. Oh and the old AH when trying to get a breeding pair for a dream dragon. Having to shift through a wide range to find the perfect dragons was the worst
Tuatara wrote on 2019-07-09 11:17:45:
Remember when dragons used to change places in your lair by themselves before the lair revamp? It used to make me think someone was logged onto my account trolling me haha
I always hated that. Made me scared someone was messing with me

But I do remember the insanity of all the expanded color wheel. Oh and the old AH when trying to get a breeding pair for a dream dragon. Having to shift through a wide range to find the perfect dragons was the worst
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Pocketwatch and timename, anyone?
Pocketwatch and timename, anyone?
[quote name="m0nsters" date="2019-07-10 07:31:32" ] [quote name="SporkLord" date="2019-07-09 12:45:14" ] everyone make threads on the announcements board, which would appear on the home page. So, everyone made threads on the announcements board so they would have their quite literal 15 seconds of fame before being pushed back by everyone else also posting so they'd be on the home page. This persisted until the bug was fixed and all the threads were deleted. [/quote] Oh my god that is hilarious. When was this? [/quote] @m0nsters While I wasn't on FR then, I did read about it [url=https://acornrising.tumblr.com/history#FrontPage]here[/url] (Gives much more in depth info), but it happened in 2014 on November 12th. [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/5JdVNBz.png[/img][nextcol][img]http://i.imgur.com/RRC4Nde.png[/img][/columns] (Second image can be seen by opening in new tab. rip)
m0nsters wrote on 2019-07-10 07:31:32:
@m0nsters
While I wasn't on FR then, I did read about it here (Gives much more in depth info), but it happened in 2014 on November 12th.
5JdVNBz.png RRC4Nde.png
(Second image can be seen by opening in new tab. rip)
unicornponies_com.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8