Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One of my pet peeves in FR
1 2 3 4 5 6
once it's sold it's no longer yours. exalting is easiest way to profit. don't like don't sell.
once it's sold it's no longer yours. exalting is easiest way to profit. don't like don't sell.
iO2X60T.png
Raise prices.

If dragons 20kt + then most likely no one will buy with the intention of exalting. Its an easy fix really
Raise prices.

If dragons 20kt + then most likely no one will buy with the intention of exalting. Its an easy fix really
a3kRNHF.pngJiL6VOU.png
JJZp9me.pngLWtL8p5.png
RMJMGKu.png6FKZJ7z.png
I flip fodder so I literally buy , let age and sell for exaltation . Also all my dragons I breed , even lore ones I sell at least 95% to be exalted . I care more about the profit than what happens. I can not care for all the dragons.

if you want them to have a chance , gift to new players , they tend to hold for longer.

but in reality , each player can hatch at least 5 dragons ever 6 days... most will be exalted as hatchlings or right as adults.
I flip fodder so I literally buy , let age and sell for exaltation . Also all my dragons I breed , even lore ones I sell at least 95% to be exalted . I care more about the profit than what happens. I can not care for all the dragons.

if you want them to have a chance , gift to new players , they tend to hold for longer.

but in reality , each player can hatch at least 5 dragons ever 6 days... most will be exalted as hatchlings or right as adults.
A5i3AHB.png
[quote name="002" date="2019-07-02 11:40:32" ] Raise prices. If dragons 20kt + then most likely no one will buy with the intention of exalting. Its an easy fix really [/quote] True, but it's likely no one will buy the dragon for quite some time x_x
002 wrote on 2019-07-02 11:40:32:
Raise prices.

True, but it's likely no one will buy the dragon for quite some time x_x
Once I've forfeited custody of my scale babbies to another guardian, I have no right to tell said guardian how to raise them.

Only thing I could think of to discourage immediate exaltation is to raise the price beyond what most fodder hoarders and exalters are willing to pay. However, be prepared to wait days for that dragon to sell.
Once I've forfeited custody of my scale babbies to another guardian, I have no right to tell said guardian how to raise them.

Only thing I could think of to discourage immediate exaltation is to raise the price beyond what most fodder hoarders and exalters are willing to pay. However, be prepared to wait days for that dragon to sell.
1c91923a-ef6b-11e5-98f4-2d9b8664c5dc.gif
I understand that when I sell a dragon it is no longer mine and the owner has the right to do whatever they want to with the dragon. It's just that annoys me that it serves no purpose(in breeding, doing some coli and such) when I sell them and go straight to exaltion.

Listen, I LOVE exalting dragons. I do that, too. I guess I use them for constant breeding and when they do finish I throw them to the deities.

I know it is personal and I apologize if I offended anyone.

I also want to say that I don't mind if people exalt my adult dragons, but if I see a baby derg exalted after it hatched it kinda pains me.

@Gracekit

I might be a bit serious when it comes to, let's say it, breeding projects and production of dragon's life in this game. I completely understand everyone's point, don't get me wrong. I get the idea behind owning/selling stuff. I was curious and wanted to share my point of view.

This, of course, does not allow me to tell people what to do. It is never my intention and I, as the other users, have to respect this site's rules.

I understand that when I sell a dragon it is no longer mine and the owner has the right to do whatever they want to with the dragon. It's just that annoys me that it serves no purpose(in breeding, doing some coli and such) when I sell them and go straight to exaltion.

Listen, I LOVE exalting dragons. I do that, too. I guess I use them for constant breeding and when they do finish I throw them to the deities.

I know it is personal and I apologize if I offended anyone.

I also want to say that I don't mind if people exalt my adult dragons, but if I see a baby derg exalted after it hatched it kinda pains me.

@Gracekit

I might be a bit serious when it comes to, let's say it, breeding projects and production of dragon's life in this game. I completely understand everyone's point, don't get me wrong. I get the idea behind owning/selling stuff. I was curious and wanted to share my point of view.

This, of course, does not allow me to tell people what to do. It is never my intention and I, as the other users, have to respect this site's rules.

mZeSXZC.png
I don't mind if I sell the dragon for a low price and it ends up as fodder. It's a slight bummer if it was a pretty dragon, but I figure if I liked it enough to keep it and do something with it then I wouldn't have sold it at all. I tend to sell my breeding project rejects in particular very low if I don't have the space to hold onto them and train/exalt myself when they're grown. Once a dragon leaves my lair, whatever its next owner decides to do with it is fair game. I do also buy dragons and exalt for profit during my flight's Dom pushes or whenever I just want to pick up some extra treasure. I don't see exalting as a bad thing because truthfully, we can't make lairs big enough to give every single dragon a home, and exalting frees up server space that would otherwise be occupied by dragons sitting untouched in lairs not doing anything special. I do give every dragon I exalt or sell at fodder price a name though, because it just feels like the right thing to do.

That all said, it's always a pleasant surprise when what I thought for sure was going to be a fodder dragon ends up going to a home that loves and appreciates it :) This is a rare bonus though and not the norm or to be expected.

If you want to sell dragons and have them not be exalted, try to sell them above the current fodder floor price (will vary based on what the current Dom scene is like, but usually anything over ~25kt won't get exalted right away). There's no guarantee they won't get exalted ever, but it's very unlikely for someone to spend a significant amount of money on a dragon only to turn around and exalt it immediately, especially when most people coli train to levels 6-9 which yields at most like 15k per exalt.

If you care more about seeing a dragon go to a good home and not being exalted than you care about making a profit from selling it, you can also try advertising in one of the numerous exalt rescue threads. Most of these require dragons to either be given away for free or sold at a low price, but they will go to homes that will not exalt them anytime soon.
I don't mind if I sell the dragon for a low price and it ends up as fodder. It's a slight bummer if it was a pretty dragon, but I figure if I liked it enough to keep it and do something with it then I wouldn't have sold it at all. I tend to sell my breeding project rejects in particular very low if I don't have the space to hold onto them and train/exalt myself when they're grown. Once a dragon leaves my lair, whatever its next owner decides to do with it is fair game. I do also buy dragons and exalt for profit during my flight's Dom pushes or whenever I just want to pick up some extra treasure. I don't see exalting as a bad thing because truthfully, we can't make lairs big enough to give every single dragon a home, and exalting frees up server space that would otherwise be occupied by dragons sitting untouched in lairs not doing anything special. I do give every dragon I exalt or sell at fodder price a name though, because it just feels like the right thing to do.

That all said, it's always a pleasant surprise when what I thought for sure was going to be a fodder dragon ends up going to a home that loves and appreciates it :) This is a rare bonus though and not the norm or to be expected.

If you want to sell dragons and have them not be exalted, try to sell them above the current fodder floor price (will vary based on what the current Dom scene is like, but usually anything over ~25kt won't get exalted right away). There's no guarantee they won't get exalted ever, but it's very unlikely for someone to spend a significant amount of money on a dragon only to turn around and exalt it immediately, especially when most people coli train to levels 6-9 which yields at most like 15k per exalt.

If you care more about seeing a dragon go to a good home and not being exalted than you care about making a profit from selling it, you can also try advertising in one of the numerous exalt rescue threads. Most of these require dragons to either be given away for free or sold at a low price, but they will go to homes that will not exalt them anytime soon.
Never be afraid to ping me!
I mean no dragon has a "real" purpose. I appreciate it when I see some of the dragons from my pairs with lore or all dressed up or loved in general, yes, but getting angry because your dragons get exalted is a bit too much imo in a site where exalting is so important and encouraged.
I mean no dragon has a "real" purpose. I appreciate it when I see some of the dragons from my pairs with lore or all dressed up or loved in general, yes, but getting angry because your dragons get exalted is a bit too much imo in a site where exalting is so important and encouraged.
Eh, technically they did serve a purpose, you got money for them.

That's usually what I calm myself down with if I ever get a slightly miffed with one of my sold dragons getting exalted. I've even had some people imminently exalt dragons bought from me for 100kt+.

I'm slightly richer and they can have fun with wasting their time/money for whatever reason they did so. I kinda just laugh it off at this point.
Eh, technically they did serve a purpose, you got money for them.

That's usually what I calm myself down with if I ever get a slightly miffed with one of my sold dragons getting exalted. I've even had some people imminently exalt dragons bought from me for 100kt+.

I'm slightly richer and they can have fun with wasting their time/money for whatever reason they did so. I kinda just laugh it off at this point.
rx9OvHg.gif
I... still don't see what's there to be upset about. It might seem pointless to instantly exalt even more so if it wasn't leveled but people have their reasons. I've bought dragons before and exalted them quickly after realizing i didn't need them for a reason, and in some cases just instantly exalted them.
Ive nabbed 20kt+ dragons just to insta exalt.

Even then you still got your money you listed the dragon for. Why keep stressing?
I... still don't see what's there to be upset about. It might seem pointless to instantly exalt even more so if it wasn't leveled but people have their reasons. I've bought dragons before and exalted them quickly after realizing i didn't need them for a reason, and in some cases just instantly exalted them.
Ive nabbed 20kt+ dragons just to insta exalt.

Even then you still got your money you listed the dragon for. Why keep stressing?
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
1 2 3 4 5 6