Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rare colors: what're you looking for?
1 2 3 4 5 6
One of my favorite parts of FR is how despite all the dragons we constantly breed, it's still hard to find some colorways! (Seeing all the exalted dergs that match breaks your scaley little heart).

Super curious - what 'rare' colors are you always on the hunt for?

Also, what colors do you consider the 'basic genes' of the color wheel?
One of my favorite parts of FR is how despite all the dragons we constantly breed, it's still hard to find some colorways! (Seeing all the exalted dergs that match breaks your scaley little heart).

Super curious - what 'rare' colors are you always on the hunt for?

Also, what colors do you consider the 'basic genes' of the color wheel?
A short list of colors I consider to be overdone: Cerulean (esp. with Wasp/Bee), Lapis, Sanguine, Cyan, Robin, Rose, Pearl, White, Obsidian, Radioactive, Ice, Orca, Copper, and probably more that I don't remember right now. I mean I get it, those are some seriously pretty colors (I personally adore all of them!), I just see them everywhere ^^'

As for less common colors that I like... I don't know if it's "rare" per se, but I love Cantaloupe! And Raspberry, and Wine, and Fuchsia, and Mulberry, and Royal, and Abyss, and Eldritch, and Thicket, and Spearmint, and Lemon, and... Ok, I like way too many colors to list ^^'
A short list of colors I consider to be overdone: Cerulean (esp. with Wasp/Bee), Lapis, Sanguine, Cyan, Robin, Rose, Pearl, White, Obsidian, Radioactive, Ice, Orca, Copper, and probably more that I don't remember right now. I mean I get it, those are some seriously pretty colors (I personally adore all of them!), I just see them everywhere ^^'

As for less common colors that I like... I don't know if it's "rare" per se, but I love Cantaloupe! And Raspberry, and Wine, and Fuchsia, and Mulberry, and Royal, and Abyss, and Eldritch, and Thicket, and Spearmint, and Lemon, and... Ok, I like way too many colors to list ^^'
arcane.png
[ Howard Phillips Lovecraft Fandragon Quest ]
[ The Wolves of Mibu Project ]
I like notifications, so please don't hesitate to ping me~
arcaneshade.png
peacock

There's a reason I collect xxx of them

They're green, my fav color, dark but not too dark, saturated but not raioactive
Not that odd yellow green amalgamation but not too green, not too bright, yet although it is only an xxx with some genes you get lights, darks, all sorts of things and peacock is just...

peacock best color 10/10 would green again
peacock

There's a reason I collect xxx of them

They're green, my fav color, dark but not too dark, saturated but not raioactive
Not that odd yellow green amalgamation but not too green, not too bright, yet although it is only an xxx with some genes you get lights, darks, all sorts of things and peacock is just...

peacock best color 10/10 would green again
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
I always look out for brown-range colors, spruce, algae and its neighbors, dark greys, tangerine, and carmine! They seem to keep catching my eye, and I dont really see some of them as much as others.

The most "basic" colors to me are obsidian, white, abyss, orca, ice, green, cobalt, blue, twilight, violet, purple, shadow, splash, yellow, orange, mulberry, and pink. Some are just used so much to the point where my eyes glaze over them lol. The rest are just colors that are somewhat plain, like blue and green, and don't really have much going on. They feel like starter dragon colors or colors you'd rather scatter.
I always look out for brown-range colors, spruce, algae and its neighbors, dark greys, tangerine, and carmine! They seem to keep catching my eye, and I dont really see some of them as much as others.

The most "basic" colors to me are obsidian, white, abyss, orca, ice, green, cobalt, blue, twilight, violet, purple, shadow, splash, yellow, orange, mulberry, and pink. Some are just used so much to the point where my eyes glaze over them lol. The rest are just colors that are somewhat plain, like blue and green, and don't really have much going on. They feel like starter dragon colors or colors you'd rather scatter.
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
Terracotta-bronze/carrot/sanguine

Possibly my most favourite combo ever. And I've had to breed dragons to bring that colour theme into existence (for active dragons anyway). Now there's more of them and it makes me happy. I don't think I'm responsible for it because there are other dragons not related to my own but now to see more of this combo, I'm really pleased and can't get enough of it.

As for the kind of colours that are the 'basic genes' of the colour wheel? Well, i'm not sure what you mean; overused? In that case: radioactive and, surprisingly, orca (I still kinda like orca though). I see too much of it. Also to a certain degree, sanguine. But not just original sanguine but I'm talking about, like... skink/spinner sanguine. It's way overdone.
Terracotta-bronze/carrot/sanguine

Possibly my most favourite combo ever. And I've had to breed dragons to bring that colour theme into existence (for active dragons anyway). Now there's more of them and it makes me happy. I don't think I'm responsible for it because there are other dragons not related to my own but now to see more of this combo, I'm really pleased and can't get enough of it.

As for the kind of colours that are the 'basic genes' of the colour wheel? Well, i'm not sure what you mean; overused? In that case: radioactive and, surprisingly, orca (I still kinda like orca though). I see too much of it. Also to a certain degree, sanguine. But not just original sanguine but I'm talking about, like... skink/spinner sanguine. It's way overdone.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
I’m currently hunting for Banana/Antique/Obsidian and Shake/Blush/Cyan with no luck so far TT^TT
I’m currently hunting for Banana/Antique/Obsidian and Shake/Blush/Cyan with no luck so far TT^TT
Yi8U9eL.pngX4Rja7n.pngYi8U9eL.png
8RAJoZx.gif +3 hours FR time
Murk has a special place in my heart

been trying to find some good Murk/sanddollar xxy dragon for a while now but last time i checked there are only 4 of them in existence, so... that's gonna take a while

as for the commonplace colors... def White, Obsidian, Midnight, Grapefruit, Radioactive, Orca, Abyss, Sanguine, Copper, Sunset(especially pet/butt) and Wine to certain degree at very least

I mean, i love all of these colors(more or less) but you do see them everywhere all the time
Murk has a special place in my heart

been trying to find some good Murk/sanddollar xxy dragon for a while now but last time i checked there are only 4 of them in existence, so... that's gonna take a while

as for the commonplace colors... def White, Obsidian, Midnight, Grapefruit, Radioactive, Orca, Abyss, Sanguine, Copper, Sunset(especially pet/butt) and Wine to certain degree at very least

I mean, i love all of these colors(more or less) but you do see them everywhere all the time
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
not exactly uncommon by themselves but the combination i am searching for is basically unheard of cyan-ultramarine-white.
ahhh well... someday.
i also love stone, murk and moss. :)

as for "overdone colors".... maize, orca, obsidian. they're still really good, though.
not exactly uncommon by themselves but the combination i am searching for is basically unheard of cyan-ultramarine-white.
ahhh well... someday.
i also love stone, murk and moss. :)

as for "overdone colors".... maize, orca, obsidian. they're still really good, though.
ijWAday.png
cyan/pearl/cream/antique/orca all those popular colors, they're so common.
I'm always lookin for brown range colors and murky greens! Murk/driftwood/oilslick/crocodile, they're absolutely great and I rarely see them 'round

cyan/pearl/cream/antique/orca all those popular colors, they're so common.
I'm always lookin for brown range colors and murky greens! Murk/driftwood/oilslick/crocodile, they're absolutely great and I rarely see them 'round

Give me all your Cornflower/Blush/Blush dragons or else!!! These colors are my favorite

The most overused and boring color of the color wheel is definitely Obsidian.
Give me all your Cornflower/Blush/Blush dragons or else!!! These colors are my favorite

The most overused and boring color of the color wheel is definitely Obsidian.

CPMK3ES.gif

>she/her
>fandragons
>fr+15
1 2 3 4 5 6