Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 6th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 182 183
[quote name="Tsuchineko" date="2019-06-09 14:09:31" ] If im making a dragon into a gaoler and all its genes are parallel to what gaolers can have, why does it change to basic anyways? it says the genes arent compatible [/quote] Cashgrab.
Tsuchineko wrote on 2019-06-09 14:09:31:
If im making a dragon into a gaoler and all its genes are parallel to what gaolers can have, why does it change to basic anyways? it says the genes arent compatible
Cashgrab.
[quote name="TheClassCalico" date="2019-06-09 14:02:53" ] [quote name="@GreedyGoat" date="2019-06-09 13:24:45" ] They should be able to wear apparel qwq I would love dressing up these fluffy dregs with more fluff [/quote] [color=15478b]The reason ancients lack apparel (or even exist to begin with) is to release breeds at a more frequent basis, minus the workload of drawing apparel and every gene for each colour per dragon. Not counting gender. Due to the way the code is likely set up, it would be difficult to even implement 'companion' apparel pieces that wouldn't require new art. ^^ Technicalities aside, gosh, how I'd love a Gaoler covered head to tail in cats. [/color] [/quote] Oh man, wouldnt it be really interesting to have an ancient breed that could wear "apparel" but it was all just animals not attached to its silhouette? Like witchy dragons and all their non-Familiar familiars
TheClassCalico wrote on 2019-06-09 14:02:53:
@GreedyGoat wrote on 2019-06-09 13:24:45:
They should be able to wear apparel qwq I would love dressing up these fluffy dregs with more fluff

The reason ancients lack apparel (or even exist to begin with) is to release breeds at a more frequent basis, minus the workload of drawing apparel and every gene for each colour per dragon. Not counting gender.

Due to the way the code is likely set up, it would be difficult to even implement 'companion' apparel pieces that wouldn't require new art. ^^

Technicalities aside, gosh, how I'd love a Gaoler covered head to tail in cats.

Oh man, wouldnt it be really interesting to have an ancient breed that could wear "apparel" but it was all just animals not attached to its silhouette? Like witchy dragons and all their non-Familiar familiars
[quote name="@Tsuchineko" date="2019-06-09 14:09:31" ] If im making a dragon into a gaoler and all its genes are parallel to what gaolers can have, why does it change to basic anyways? it says the genes arent compatible [/quote] [color=15478b]Parallel genes are genes that mimic existing, modern genes, they are treated as completely separate. "Normal" scrolls cannot be applied to Gaolers or other Ancients, only their Paralleled versions which can be found and purchased cheaper than modern genes - think of Ancients as their own feature with different gene mechanics.[/color]
@Tsuchineko wrote on 2019-06-09 14:09:31:
If im making a dragon into a gaoler and all its genes are parallel to what gaolers can have, why does it change to basic anyways? it says the genes arent compatible

Parallel genes are genes that mimic existing, modern genes, they are treated as completely separate. "Normal" scrolls cannot be applied to Gaolers or other Ancients, only their Paralleled versions which can be found and purchased cheaper than modern genes - think of Ancients as their own feature with different gene mechanics.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
@MathieuBellamont

That'd be neat, but alas probably tricky in practice. Maybe someday when ancients have been around for awhile and maybe tweaked, we'll be blessed with some form of apparel.
@MathieuBellamont

That'd be neat, but alas probably tricky in practice. Maybe someday when ancients have been around for awhile and maybe tweaked, we'll be blessed with some form of apparel.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
(Credits to @Xhaztol for the original pikachu gaoler meme pic) My reaction to all this: [img]https://imgur.com/49uH2TH.png[/img]
(Credits to @Xhaztol for the original pikachu gaoler meme pic)

My reaction to all this:

49uH2TH.png
I'm already celebrating <3 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7022084] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70221/7022084_350.png[/img] [/url]
I'm already celebrating <3

7022084_350.png
button_by_cas_a_fras-dclednr.png 20181024_graphic1_by_death_in_the_orchard-dcqadff.png
@Lokenosse

Comparing my two Gaolers, it looks like the female has a thicker ruff and a lot more fur around the neck/throat. Kind of like the male Tundra.
@Lokenosse

Comparing my two Gaolers, it looks like the female has a thicker ruff and a lot more fur around the neck/throat. Kind of like the male Tundra.
40746453_EaAava4vdIVApfN.png
[color=Indianred][b]!!!![/b] Gaolers! Ancient Breeds introduction!! I was not expecting this at all [emoji=gaoler love size=2] Can't wait for the rest to come! Happy Anniversary, everyone~ [size=2]((unrelated but i think it's cool that fr shares anniversary month and age with bts hehe))[/size][/color]
!!!!

Gaolers! Ancient Breeds introduction!! I was not expecting this at all

Can't wait for the rest to come! Happy Anniversary, everyone~

((unrelated but i think it's cool that fr shares anniversary month and age with bts hehe))
Oh wow, I thought I would hate a tundra based ancient but these are beautiful. I wish more of the genes that covered the weird colors that come out for the pawpads/ears (like metallic and starmap would), but I'm happy that *eventually* those will be released and I LOVE the new tert genes for this breed as well!
Oh wow, I thought I would hate a tundra based ancient but these are beautiful. I wish more of the genes that covered the weird colors that come out for the pawpads/ears (like metallic and starmap would), but I'm happy that *eventually* those will be released and I LOVE the new tert genes for this breed as well!
Auction Guide pixel_cat_skull_facing_right_by_asralore-dbgee5t.pngLantern-_2.pngpixel_cat_skull_facing_left_by_asralore-dbgeebi.png Full Wishlist
Question:
Once the introduction week of the gaolers is over, will the prices of the gene scrolls also go up, or only the overstocking of the breed scroll will disappear?
Question:
Once the introduction week of the gaolers is over, will the prices of the gene scrolls also go up, or only the overstocking of the breed scroll will disappear?
Gladekeeperbanner_zps21ce84b1.jpeg
1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 182 183