Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 6th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 182 183
[quote name="Akiri" date="2019-06-08 06:48:37" ] [b][size=5]Achievement System Deactivation (August 2019)[/size][/b] As we mentioned in a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2556860/1][b]previous Dev Update[/b][/url], we will be [b]retiring the legacy achievements system[/b] while we work on its bigger and better replacement. As promised, we are announcing this shutdown well ahead of time so that you have ample time to earn any legacy achievements that you may be working towards. The achievements system will be deactivated on [b]Friday, August 16 at 6:00 server time[/b]. [/quote] But it does not work. I spent a month to get my achievements sorted and surprise! It didn't work. Are you sure it's not already deactivated? It's still at 70% even though I've finished all of them. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e941d6ee67ce1b869faaa009ff7cd770/tumblr_pse0a3WqGe1scvex3o1_540.png[/img]
Akiri wrote on 2019-06-08 06:48:37:

Achievement System Deactivation (August 2019)

As we mentioned in a previous Dev Update, we will be retiring the legacy achievements system while we work on its bigger and better replacement. As promised, we are announcing this shutdown well ahead of time so that you have ample time to earn any legacy achievements that you may be working towards.

The achievements system will be deactivated on Friday, August 16 at 6:00 server time.

But it does not work. I spent a month to get my achievements sorted and surprise! It didn't work. Are you sure it's not already deactivated? It's still at 70% even though I've finished all of them.
tumblr_pse0a3WqGe1scvex3o1_540.png
Y3kY2LN.png
So fluffy! Now for the hard part in deciding who gets the breed change :)
So fluffy! Now for the hard part in deciding who gets the breed change :)
I am absolutely in love with Gaolers! I can't wait to gene up mine, thanks so much for an amazing update! [emoji=gaoler love size=2]
I am absolutely in love with Gaolers! I can't wait to gene up mine, thanks so much for an amazing update!
6aZZi2c.png
Nice!!!!!
Nice!!!!!
[quote name="Mutron" date="2019-06-08 09:05:30" ] Hi everyone, was wondering if you could please take turns using the server, thank you [/quote] *Sends all the clan's ice dragons to help cool down the server room
Mutron wrote on 2019-06-08 09:05:30:
Hi everyone, was wondering if you could please take turns using the server, thank you

*Sends all the clan's ice dragons to help cool down the server room
36FLPq9.pngawOvDXW.png
Good boyos dragon... I love.. [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1]
Good boyos dragon... I love..
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
If I may ask, how does exactly changing to Galoer and passing genes work? I have a dragon that has all of her genes compatible with the ones listed in the post, and yet I get the communicate that at least one of them is incompatible.
My dragon's genes:

Primary: Midnight Wasp
Secondary: Grey Bee
Tertiary: Saffron Runes

Could somebody help me? I'm quite confused.
If I may ask, how does exactly changing to Galoer and passing genes work? I have a dragon that has all of her genes compatible with the ones listed in the post, and yet I get the communicate that at least one of them is incompatible.
My dragon's genes:

Primary: Midnight Wasp
Secondary: Grey Bee
Tertiary: Saffron Runes

Could somebody help me? I'm quite confused.
[quote name="razrroth" date="2019-06-08 15:19:08" ] This isn't a rant - Just lots of rambling thoughts. Feel free to discuss. c': Although I was frustrated by the gene compatibility issues at first (breed change doesn't transfer genes like normal, even with compatible ones), I...kiiiind of get it, but I don't know how to feel either way. [b]They should've at least made it more obvious up front that it would wipe the genes to basic.[/b] I wondered why loading dragons into scrying was doing that, until I actually tried to use the breed change. That definitely affected my choices on who to change, because why would I waste my pre-gened dragons on this until it gets adjusted in some way? Maybe they thought splitting the genes up would help people avoid using incompatible genes on a dragon in the future? Sure, it doesn't [i]prevent [/i]people from buying the genes first by accident, only to realize later that there are separate genes for ancient breeds... [b]Quick Thought: Some newbies who enter marketplace for first time may not see a single gene for ancients, and won't realize it's a thing that exists[/b], much like scatterscrolls hiding off in the gem section (which I've had to point out to several newbies btw). My guess is they're mainly trying to find a way to avoid that headache of new players buying/using the wrong genes, or complaining about "Why isn't this gene working?!" But there's got to be a less convoluted way to deal with this whole gene thing. Heck, They could've just made it so you buy the normal gene and take it to Baldwin to make it "Ancient Compatible" for a fee and a wait time, like any other brews. He did "accidentally" make a new breed himself, after all, eggs included, so he's kind of an expert, right? [emoji=bogsneak tongue size=1] [b]The [i]fastest and easiest[/i] thing I can think of to avoid part of this mess for the future is to have a CLEARLY MARKED TAB in the Marketplace specifically for Ancient Breed items[/b], be it genes or future apparel alternatives, so that people visiting the first time will see it no matter what. Because, let's face it, if we get more ancient breeds sooner than later, and ALL of them need their own set of genes, it's going to bog down the marketplace inventory big time! Who's going to be excited to see 11 versions of the ghost gene in the marketplace? One for every flight's ancient breed? They should be separated from normal genes, just like the gem genes to help smooth things out a little. That said, I do think they could've just marked the Gaoler-only items (Gnarlhorns, etc) and let the old genes work like normal without separate items. Probably, and the most obvious, is that the coding doesn't work as well that way, and this was easier, so honestly I don't blame them if they're just trying to get it out here so they can get feedback for their first alternate breed. It's a weird time for all of us. *[i]SHRUGS[/i]* [/quote] quoting this because I was going to ask if non-unique genes would transfer, also if genes like poison, iridescent, ect. were going to be added in the future. Oh and, if you cross-breed Golers, I assume their shared genes won't transfer to another breed? Ex. Gaoler with a smoke tertiary cannot give a tertiary gene to Coatl offspring. sounds like I may as well just buy a new gen1 if all genes are going to be wiped.
razrroth wrote on 2019-06-08 15:19:08:
This isn't a rant - Just lots of rambling thoughts. Feel free to discuss. c':

Although I was frustrated by the gene compatibility issues at first (breed change doesn't transfer genes like normal, even with compatible ones), I...kiiiind of get it, but I don't know how to feel either way. They should've at least made it more obvious up front that it would wipe the genes to basic.
I wondered why loading dragons into scrying was doing that, until I actually tried to use the breed change. That definitely affected my choices on who to change, because why would I waste my pre-gened dragons on this until it gets adjusted in some way?

Maybe they thought splitting the genes up would help people avoid using incompatible genes on a dragon in the future?

Sure, it doesn't prevent people from buying the genes first by accident, only to realize later that there are separate genes for ancient breeds...

Quick Thought: Some newbies who enter marketplace for first time may not see a single gene for ancients, and won't realize it's a thing that exists, much like scatterscrolls hiding off in the gem section (which I've had to point out to several newbies btw).

My guess is they're mainly trying to find a way to avoid that headache of new players buying/using the wrong genes, or complaining about "Why isn't this gene working?!" But there's got to be a less convoluted way to deal with this whole gene thing.

Heck, They could've just made it so you buy the normal gene and take it to Baldwin to make it "Ancient Compatible" for a fee and a wait time, like any other brews. He did "accidentally" make a new breed himself, after all, eggs included, so he's kind of an expert, right?

The fastest and easiest thing I can think of to avoid part of this mess for the future is to have a CLEARLY MARKED TAB in the Marketplace specifically for Ancient Breed items, be it genes or future apparel alternatives, so that people visiting the first time will see it no matter what. Because, let's face it, if we get more ancient breeds sooner than later, and ALL of them need their own set of genes, it's going to bog down the marketplace inventory big time! Who's going to be excited to see 11 versions of the ghost gene in the marketplace? One for every flight's ancient breed? They should be separated from normal genes, just like the gem genes to help smooth things out a little.

That said, I do think they could've just marked the Gaoler-only items (Gnarlhorns, etc) and let the old genes work like normal without separate items. Probably, and the most obvious, is that the coding doesn't work as well that way, and this was easier, so honestly I don't blame them if they're just trying to get it out here so they can get feedback for their first alternate breed. It's a weird time for all of us. *SHRUGS*

quoting this because I was going to ask if non-unique genes would transfer, also if genes like poison, iridescent, ect. were going to be added in the future.

Oh and, if you cross-breed Golers, I assume their shared genes won't transfer to another breed? Ex. Gaoler with a smoke tertiary cannot give a tertiary gene to Coatl offspring.

sounds like I may as well just buy a new gen1 if all genes are going to be wiped.
Bought two new dragons just for this [emoji=fae love size=1] Scries in their bios! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48175955] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/481760/48175955_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28222263] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/282223/28222263_350.png[/img] [/url]
Bought two new dragons just for this Scries in their bios!

48175955_350.png

28222263_350.png
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
YES YES!!!! I came home from work a while ago and OMS I am so glad to see this!!! But how does one find the Bubbling Brew Scorpion gene? I can't seem to find it- I'm level 8. Also got my pair! AAA I love the new dergs!! *Edit to add in the images* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52479515] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524796/52479515_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52479586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524796/52479586_350.png[/img] [/url]
YES YES!!!! I came home from work a while ago and OMS I am so glad to see this!!!
But how does one find the Bubbling Brew Scorpion gene? I can't seem to find it- I'm level 8.

Also got my pair! AAA I love the new dergs!! *Edit to add in the images*

52479515_350.png

52479586_350.png
?Zc_qH=party.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro6_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 182 183