Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thief (request to join/1x1)
1 2 3
Odysseus shrugged, shaking his head. He dared meet his eyes, letting out a shaky breath. "No, it's just us." He shook his wings out. "Um, here," he held out his talon, offering the coins. "Please don't tell anyone we're here," he gave him a begging look, one that held a hint of fear. Not of Atticus, but of what would happen if their location fell on the wrong ears.
Odysseus shrugged, shaking his head. He dared meet his eyes, letting out a shaky breath. "No, it's just us." He shook his wings out. "Um, here," he held out his talon, offering the coins. "Please don't tell anyone we're here," he gave him a begging look, one that held a hint of fear. Not of Atticus, but of what would happen if their location fell on the wrong ears.
Atticus looked down at the little talon and sighed. He simply shook his head.

Slowly he grabbed his satchel again and reached inside. Coins hitting each other emitted, and he pulled his own handful of money. Atticus let them fall to the ground in between the two dragons, and then once more reached into the bag. He pulled out just a few more coins, not bothering to count them.

"You need these more than me." He said. Finally, he let himself grin.

It was another time he might be called "soft" by the others in his clan. He could hear his wife saying 'Leave them, they are fine.' in his head. This meeting with the young Guardian wasn't the first time he found a dragon in need. No matter the situation, he felt that no one should ever abandon a vulnerable hatchling.
Atticus looked down at the little talon and sighed. He simply shook his head.

Slowly he grabbed his satchel again and reached inside. Coins hitting each other emitted, and he pulled his own handful of money. Atticus let them fall to the ground in between the two dragons, and then once more reached into the bag. He pulled out just a few more coins, not bothering to count them.

"You need these more than me." He said. Finally, he let himself grin.

It was another time he might be called "soft" by the others in his clan. He could hear his wife saying 'Leave them, they are fine.' in his head. This meeting with the young Guardian wasn't the first time he found a dragon in need. No matter the situation, he felt that no one should ever abandon a vulnerable hatchling.
lobx30c.jpg
(I need to go tonight, I'll be back first thing tomorrow!)
(I need to go tonight, I'll be back first thing tomorrow!)
((Okie! Might want to close it for now or change it to a 1x1 RP just in case!))
((Okie! Might want to close it for now or change it to a 1x1 RP just in case!))
lobx30c.jpg
(good idea haha! @Ghostifique)

Odysseus's brow furrowed when the Imperial reached into his satchel. He tilted his head, making a questioning noise as the sound of tinking coins reached his ears. "Huh?" he mumbled. When the adult pulled out his talon, gold coins flashed as they fell onto the grass between them. The Guardian stared at the coins, then at him, then at the coins again, his mouth dropping open. A heartbeat later, and even more coins joined the pile.

"You need these more than me," said the stranger, grinning. Odysseus gaped at him, eyes bulging out of their sockets.Seriously? This could last us for weeks! He slowly came forward, taking the coins and clutching them to his chest. There were so many some spilled out of his talons.

How am I gonna carry all these? he wondered. He looked up at the Imperial, this towering giant of silver and amethyst, and gave him a smile that scrunched up his little cheeks and eyes. "Thank you," he said, trying to communicate his gratitude with his eyes. "Really."

He hesitated. "Um... I can't fly, so I dunno how I can carry all this back," he said, trying to pick up all the coins and failing miserably. He stamped his foot, lashing his tail. "Hmm..." Should've brought a satchel. Then again, he hadn't found any hatchling-sized satchels bar the one Icarus had, and Icarus refused to share it.
He met the stranger's eyes. "I know you've already been really nice, but can you give me a ride back down? Please? Last thing, promise," he said sheepishly, squirming with guilt.

(good idea haha! @Ghostifique)

Odysseus's brow furrowed when the Imperial reached into his satchel. He tilted his head, making a questioning noise as the sound of tinking coins reached his ears. "Huh?" he mumbled. When the adult pulled out his talon, gold coins flashed as they fell onto the grass between them. The Guardian stared at the coins, then at him, then at the coins again, his mouth dropping open. A heartbeat later, and even more coins joined the pile.

"You need these more than me," said the stranger, grinning. Odysseus gaped at him, eyes bulging out of their sockets.Seriously? This could last us for weeks! He slowly came forward, taking the coins and clutching them to his chest. There were so many some spilled out of his talons.

How am I gonna carry all these? he wondered. He looked up at the Imperial, this towering giant of silver and amethyst, and gave him a smile that scrunched up his little cheeks and eyes. "Thank you," he said, trying to communicate his gratitude with his eyes. "Really."

He hesitated. "Um... I can't fly, so I dunno how I can carry all this back," he said, trying to pick up all the coins and failing miserably. He stamped his foot, lashing his tail. "Hmm..." Should've brought a satchel. Then again, he hadn't found any hatchling-sized satchels bar the one Icarus had, and Icarus refused to share it.
He met the stranger's eyes. "I know you've already been really nice, but can you give me a ride back down? Please? Last thing, promise," he said sheepishly, squirming with guilt.

((Finally back! @OneZestyDragon I think we're on a different time zone, hahah. Also I'm subbed to the thread!))

Atticus watched the Guardian pick the coins up, now realizing the simple amount he had in his own bag was a bit too much to carry for the smaller dragon.

"Sure thing," He replied at the hatchling's request. He briefly wondered where he might have to fly, but brushed the thought away. Atticus still didn't have anything going on this afternoon.

Atticus was about to gather the remaining coins and the Guardian, but he didn't have a name to call this new acquaintance. "Oh, we haven't even exchanged names yet. I'm Atticus."

((Finally back! @OneZestyDragon I think we're on a different time zone, hahah. Also I'm subbed to the thread!))

Atticus watched the Guardian pick the coins up, now realizing the simple amount he had in his own bag was a bit too much to carry for the smaller dragon.

"Sure thing," He replied at the hatchling's request. He briefly wondered where he might have to fly, but brushed the thought away. Atticus still didn't have anything going on this afternoon.

Atticus was about to gather the remaining coins and the Guardian, but he didn't have a name to call this new acquaintance. "Oh, we haven't even exchanged names yet. I'm Atticus."

lobx30c.jpg
(@Ghostifique yeah I think we are. And awesome!!)

Instead of berating him, the stranger agreed to fly Odysseus back down. The Guardian nodded in thanks. "It's just next to where you caught me, actually. It's a caravan. I'll show you," he said. He winced, remembering that the party had agreed to never share their exact location with anyone. Especiallyadults. Still, the Imperial had been kind to him, and he felt like he could trust him.

Odysseus started forward, waddling on his back legs with the coins in his arms, when the Imperial introduced himself. Atticus, he echoed. It suits him, in an old, wrinkly kind of way.

"My name's Odysseus," he said, giving Atticus a rare smile. "It's nice to meet you, Atticus," he paused, "Even though I robbed you." A sheepish expression took over his face for a moment.
"So! Ready to go?" he asked.
(@Ghostifique yeah I think we are. And awesome!!)

Instead of berating him, the stranger agreed to fly Odysseus back down. The Guardian nodded in thanks. "It's just next to where you caught me, actually. It's a caravan. I'll show you," he said. He winced, remembering that the party had agreed to never share their exact location with anyone. Especiallyadults. Still, the Imperial had been kind to him, and he felt like he could trust him.

Odysseus started forward, waddling on his back legs with the coins in his arms, when the Imperial introduced himself. Atticus, he echoed. It suits him, in an old, wrinkly kind of way.

"My name's Odysseus," he said, giving Atticus a rare smile. "It's nice to meet you, Atticus," he paused, "Even though I robbed you." A sheepish expression took over his face for a moment.
"So! Ready to go?" he asked.
Atticus almost laughed at sight. Those coins, though small themselves, were too much for this little dragon.

"Nice to meet you, Odysseus." He said, hoping he would remember the name. "Just don't do it again, to me or anyone else. I know a lot of dragons around there that would have punished you for that little trick." He warned, but his tone wasn't strict. He truly meant it.

"I am, yes." He held out his talon, wanting Odysseus to take hold as best as possible. "I'll have to carry you similarly to earlier. Hope you don't mind."

Back to the caravan Atticus thought. That's an odd place for a hatchling to live.
Atticus almost laughed at sight. Those coins, though small themselves, were too much for this little dragon.

"Nice to meet you, Odysseus." He said, hoping he would remember the name. "Just don't do it again, to me or anyone else. I know a lot of dragons around there that would have punished you for that little trick." He warned, but his tone wasn't strict. He truly meant it.

"I am, yes." He held out his talon, wanting Odysseus to take hold as best as possible. "I'll have to carry you similarly to earlier. Hope you don't mind."

Back to the caravan Atticus thought. That's an odd place for a hatchling to live.
lobx30c.jpg
Odysseus nodded, remembering the many beatings he'd received for being caught. He shuddered. He had a scar on his cheek from one such occasion. Small, but it lifted the scales around it slightly, creating a tiny dent in his face. Hopefully he'd grow out of it when he grew big and strong.

"Yes sir," he said. He waddled up to Atticus's talon and piled the coins there, before hopping on top of the mini mountain.
"It's okay," he said, though his stomach turned at the thought of lurching around the sky like that again.

(SORRY I TOOK SO LONG! I was busy all weekend and school started again today)
Odysseus nodded, remembering the many beatings he'd received for being caught. He shuddered. He had a scar on his cheek from one such occasion. Small, but it lifted the scales around it slightly, creating a tiny dent in his face. Hopefully he'd grow out of it when he grew big and strong.

"Yes sir," he said. He waddled up to Atticus's talon and piled the coins there, before hopping on top of the mini mountain.
"It's okay," he said, though his stomach turned at the thought of lurching around the sky like that again.

(SORRY I TOOK SO LONG! I was busy all weekend and school started again today)
((Its all good! I'm obviously replying late as well, I have a really busy two weeks ahead of me so it will slow down. Thought I might tell you in advance! Also goodluck with your school things!!))

Atticus nodded, and off they went into the air. He wasn't used to the feeling of having another dragon with him while flying, and he hadn't checked to see if Odysseus was actually holding on, and he hoped the hatchling wouldn't fall off.

Atticus flew normally, to him at least. To him, the high speeds and strong wind around him was something he never thought about. The tried to get back to the caravan as quickly as possible, soaring over the many others who were still trying to buy and sell wares. "Around here somewhere, right?" He called back to question Odysseus.
((Its all good! I'm obviously replying late as well, I have a really busy two weeks ahead of me so it will slow down. Thought I might tell you in advance! Also goodluck with your school things!!))

Atticus nodded, and off they went into the air. He wasn't used to the feeling of having another dragon with him while flying, and he hadn't checked to see if Odysseus was actually holding on, and he hoped the hatchling wouldn't fall off.

Atticus flew normally, to him at least. To him, the high speeds and strong wind around him was something he never thought about. The tried to get back to the caravan as quickly as possible, soaring over the many others who were still trying to buy and sell wares. "Around here somewhere, right?" He called back to question Odysseus.
lobx30c.jpg
1 2 3