Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Red in Tooth and Claw
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Shade withdrew in horror from her nest. Jet held two of their three Fae offspring close. Both stared in mute shock and fear at their final child, who lay crying in the nest. Udana and Navara had come out just fine. Two beautiful little girls, striped and shining, as most of their kids had. But the last child...something had happened to her eyes. Like they had refused to form, black ooze spilling from them. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51912669] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/519127/51912669_350.png[/img] [/url] Shade wondered if the Shadowbringer had chosen to punish her for what she had done to AngelOfDeath and Chamo. She withdrew from the child. She refused to have anything to do with it. Jet gathered his two daughters close and fled, equally frightened by the freak that had spilled forth from their egg. Nuzlocke loomed over the tiny child, pleased. He was unsure if he could curse an egg...until this child was born. "Ichor," he whispered. "Though you cannot be my eyes, you shall serve as my mark here. Just as your siblings one day will." He left, leaving Ichor to claw herself upright. To struggle onward with her life. Her parents had fled, refusing to help her...
Shade withdrew in horror from her nest. Jet held two of their three Fae offspring close. Both stared in mute shock and fear at their final child, who lay crying in the nest.

Udana and Navara had come out just fine. Two beautiful little girls, striped and shining, as most of their kids had. But the last child...something had happened to her eyes. Like they had refused to form, black ooze spilling from them.

51912669_350.png

Shade wondered if the Shadowbringer had chosen to punish her for what she had done to AngelOfDeath and Chamo.

She withdrew from the child. She refused to have anything to do with it. Jet gathered his two daughters close and fled, equally frightened by the freak that had spilled forth from their egg.

Nuzlocke loomed over the tiny child, pleased. He was unsure if he could curse an egg...until this child was born. "Ichor," he whispered. "Though you cannot be my eyes, you shall serve as my mark here. Just as your siblings one day will."

He left, leaving Ichor to claw herself upright. To struggle onward with her life. Her parents had fled, refusing to help her...
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51912669] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/519127/51912669_350.png[/img] [/url] Ichor wasn't sure why she did it. Why she felt no real affection for her sisters. Why she wasn't all that bothered when Navara was brutally clawed to death by the Sweetpuff. Udana had screamed and screamed and screamed. And Ichor felt nothing. Maybe not being able to see it helped. The torrent of black ooze spilling from her sightless eyes had never ceased since her hatching. Udana had to endure the sight and sound of Navara's death. Ichor didn't. The young Fae always felt like her senses were distorted. Her eyes were obviously useless, but her other four senses never felt quite right. It was easy for her to tune out of them. The reduce sound to white noise, to wipe out scent and fast, to blur away touch. She could easily feel and detect nothing if she chose, wrap herself up in her own little world of dark nothingness. This is what she did when she moved in on the weakened Udana after the Luna Mith had fallen. Udana was so frail, breath coming out in wheezes. She could do nothing when Ichor wrapped her claws around her throat and squeezed... Killing her sibling didn't bother her. What did was the strange sense of victory she had now about it. Like she had just avenged herself somehow. She didn't quite know why. "This is my home now," she decided, sightless gaze watching the wilds around her. "These lives are now mine to take." Nuzlocke watched her and smiled.

51912669_350.png

Ichor wasn't sure why she did it. Why she felt no real affection for her sisters. Why she wasn't all that bothered when Navara was brutally clawed to death by the Sweetpuff. Udana had screamed and screamed and screamed.

And Ichor felt nothing.

Maybe not being able to see it helped. The torrent of black ooze spilling from her sightless eyes had never ceased since her hatching. Udana had to endure the sight and sound of Navara's death. Ichor didn't.

The young Fae always felt like her senses were distorted. Her eyes were obviously useless, but her other four senses never felt quite right. It was easy for her to tune out of them. The reduce sound to white noise, to wipe out scent and fast, to blur away touch. She could easily feel and detect nothing if she chose, wrap herself up in her own little world of dark nothingness.

This is what she did when she moved in on the weakened Udana after the Luna Mith had fallen. Udana was so frail, breath coming out in wheezes. She could do nothing when Ichor wrapped her claws around her throat and squeezed...

Killing her sibling didn't bother her. What did was the strange sense of victory she had now about it. Like she had just avenged herself somehow. She didn't quite know why.

"This is my home now," she decided, sightless gaze watching the wilds around her. "These lives are now mine to take."

Nuzlocke watched her and smiled.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13