Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Question about art programs.
1 2
I'm thinking about getting into digital art and I was wondering what kinds of programs you guys used? People seem to like it more than traditional so I figured I would give it a try. :)
I'm thinking about getting into digital art and I was wondering what kinds of programs you guys used? People seem to like it more than traditional so I figured I would give it a try. :)
XNoIih6.png She/Her
[img][/img]40n8dm.gif
I use Photoshop, Firealpaca and Krita. Firealpaca's pretty great overall, but Krita's got some really nice brushes. Krita doesn't have clipping layers btw. Photoshop isn't free unlite the latter two but is pretty good, especially because you can apply custom brushes.
I use Photoshop, Firealpaca and Krita. Firealpaca's pretty great overall, but Krita's got some really nice brushes. Krita doesn't have clipping layers btw. Photoshop isn't free unlite the latter two but is pretty good, especially because you can apply custom brushes.
My Pokefarm

Please, screech at me about Kirby characters or Kirby games. I love them and need to yell everything I know before I go insane.
Bv0egTb.png
@Swagolor Thanks for the suggestions! I looked at the two free ones and they seemed pretty cool.
@Swagolor Thanks for the suggestions! I looked at the two free ones and they seemed pretty cool.
XNoIih6.png She/Her
[img][/img]40n8dm.gif
@CrazyKittyCat
No problem! I enjoy using the and hope someone could enjoy them too
@CrazyKittyCat
No problem! I enjoy using the and hope someone could enjoy them too
My Pokefarm

Please, screech at me about Kirby characters or Kirby games. I love them and need to yell everything I know before I go insane.
Bv0egTb.png
I use Medibang Paint most of the time, it runs very smoothly even on a potato, comes from the same company as FireAlpaca, and is completely free and fully featured. It's also very easy to find cracked copies of Paint Tool Sai, which is a favorite among people with both anime-esque art styles and painterly ones. Krita's also nice for painterly styles because of how it handles brushes, Medibang is more simple in that regard.
I use Medibang Paint most of the time, it runs very smoothly even on a potato, comes from the same company as FireAlpaca, and is completely free and fully featured. It's also very easy to find cracked copies of Paint Tool Sai, which is a favorite among people with both anime-esque art styles and painterly ones. Krita's also nice for painterly styles because of how it handles brushes, Medibang is more simple in that regard.
I use Photopea its a lot like Photoshop except you can’t lock transparent layers. Its also online and free
I use Photopea its a lot like Photoshop except you can’t lock transparent layers. Its also online and free
9BC1QO4.png 799-C28-D5-EDED-4624-9-D16-7-CA9-E52041-C6.png 0rtyA.gifXfhqt.gifrr5DN.gif
I use a 20-year-old copy of PaintShopPro 6, because I'm cheap as heck and it still gets the job done. It also runs off a flash drive, which is handy, since my disc has been wonky for years.

Since most of what I do is either simple locked-width lineart, or cleanup on scanned traditional pieces, I don't need fancy brushes or whatnot. It has layering, contrast adjustment, and the ability to save to every file type known to man, so it's more than enough for what I use it for.
I use a 20-year-old copy of PaintShopPro 6, because I'm cheap as heck and it still gets the job done. It also runs off a flash drive, which is handy, since my disc has been wonky for years.

Since most of what I do is either simple locked-width lineart, or cleanup on scanned traditional pieces, I don't need fancy brushes or whatnot. It has layering, contrast adjustment, and the ability to save to every file type known to man, so it's more than enough for what I use it for.
I also use Paint Tool Sai. I really like its simple interface, but it also has a range of tools to do what I want. I always have my layers panel on the right side of the screen to balance everything; it’s initially on the left side and it felt lopsided to me.
I also use Paint Tool Sai. I really like its simple interface, but it also has a range of tools to do what I want. I always have my layers panel on the right side of the screen to balance everything; it’s initially on the left side and it felt lopsided to me.
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
SAIs always a good choice if you want something simple with a lot of versatility.
SAIs always a good choice if you want something simple with a lot of versatility.
tumblr_inline_prxsn8xpza1ti4gvj_500.png
Art Shop
If you’re interested in mobile, procreate is my choice.It’s relatively cheap on it’s own, but it’s not really worth it without apple pencil.My only issue with the program itself is that it’s fairly limited in it’s brushes, though getting more is very easy and otherwise I don’t have anything bad to say about it
If you’re interested in mobile, procreate is my choice.It’s relatively cheap on it’s own, but it’s not really worth it without apple pencil.My only issue with the program itself is that it’s fairly limited in it’s brushes, though getting more is very easy and otherwise I don’t have anything bad to say about it
1086ef29feb805a7b493f37586de5f42a0c51429.jpghttps://flamecaller-terracotta-figurine.tumblr.com/
1 2