Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "No breeding" button (+pics)
1 2 3
Full Support for this

i have a few dragons that are not for breeding for lore reasons, so this sorta thing would be great for them
Full Support for this

i have a few dragons that are not for breeding for lore reasons, so this sorta thing would be great for them
•Adrian
•he/they/it
•1h ahead of fr time
Really there's no reason for this not to be a thing. Let us clear the dragons out of our dropdowns that aren't going to be bred.
Really there's no reason for this not to be a thing. Let us clear the dragons out of our dropdowns that aren't going to be bred.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
Support, I want this function for breeding and coli both and it'll get my support every time it comes up. It should be a basic element of lair management (so it shouldn't require buying/applying scrolls or anything with a fee) just let us exclude dragons on a case by case basis from being eligible in either or both areas of the site.

I don't want to have to move a dragon to the den to protect them from accidental breedings, and if I'm not ever going to train them I don't need to have them load in the coli menus.

Edit: looking back over that last paragraph I'm not sure it was worded clearly enough. What I'm saying is just because I want to exclude a dragon from either breeding, the coliseum or even both, DOES NOT automatically mean I want that dragon in the Den or that putting them there will work for me. And the Den shouldn't be the only option to accommodate those needs. There are plenty of reasons to prevent breeding or/and battling that are not compatible with the Den and its other restrictions.

This type of option needs to be a thing.
Support, I want this function for breeding and coli both and it'll get my support every time it comes up. It should be a basic element of lair management (so it shouldn't require buying/applying scrolls or anything with a fee) just let us exclude dragons on a case by case basis from being eligible in either or both areas of the site.

I don't want to have to move a dragon to the den to protect them from accidental breedings, and if I'm not ever going to train them I don't need to have them load in the coli menus.

Edit: looking back over that last paragraph I'm not sure it was worded clearly enough. What I'm saying is just because I want to exclude a dragon from either breeding, the coliseum or even both, DOES NOT automatically mean I want that dragon in the Den or that putting them there will work for me. And the Den shouldn't be the only option to accommodate those needs. There are plenty of reasons to prevent breeding or/and battling that are not compatible with the Den and its other restrictions.

This type of option needs to be a thing.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-05-06 15:28:57" ] Support, I want this function for breeding and coli both and it'll get my support every time it comes up. It should be a basic element of lair management (so it shouldn't require buying/applying scrolls or anything with a fee) just let us exclude dragons on a case by case basis from being eligible in either or both areas of the site. [b]I don't want to have to move a dragon to the den to protect them from accidental breedings, and if I'm not ever going to train them I don't need to have them load in the coli menus.[/b] [/quote] My issue with the den is it is all or nothing. There are some dragons I will never train. Period. However, they are my fodder breeders, so I tend to breed them on whims. On the other hand, there are dragons that I don't want to breed (maybe for now, maybe forever) but I DO want to train at some point. Or, like Elua, Lothar and Jain, they are to be one of my coliseum teams.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-05-06 15:28:57:

My issue with the den is it is all or nothing.

There are some dragons I will never train. Period. However, they are my fodder breeders, so I tend to breed them on whims.

On the other hand, there are dragons that I don't want to breed (maybe for now, maybe forever) but I DO want to train at some point. Or, like Elua, Lothar and Jain, they are to be one of my coliseum teams.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The example pic looks good!

And I think adding an edit button like that to dragon pages could be a really good move anyway since it would be a natural place to put future options meant to affect a single dragon. Like the ability to move a particular dragon from its own page to a different tab or into-out of the lair/den. Which would be very convenient.
Also things like, if they ever give the option to pay a fee directly and rename dragons without the hassle of needing a renaming scroll which has be brought up before.
Or the ability to use specialty items (scrolls, vials, etc) on a dragon from that dragon's page. Which would be a fantastic addition and could very naturally fit as and option called up by an edit button.
Plus any future things they think of. So extra support for that which I think has potential benefits beyond just this use.

The example pic looks good!

And I think adding an edit button like that to dragon pages could be a really good move anyway since it would be a natural place to put future options meant to affect a single dragon. Like the ability to move a particular dragon from its own page to a different tab or into-out of the lair/den. Which would be very convenient.
Also things like, if they ever give the option to pay a fee directly and rename dragons without the hassle of needing a renaming scroll which has be brought up before.
Or the ability to use specialty items (scrolls, vials, etc) on a dragon from that dragon's page. Which would be a fantastic addition and could very naturally fit as and option called up by an edit button.
Plus any future things they think of. So extra support for that which I think has potential benefits beyond just this use.

I was actually thinking of adding things like "horisontal rotation" and such, but decided not to mix different suggestion threads and stick only to those i'm talking about here.
I was actually thinking of adding things like "horisontal rotation" and such, but decided not to mix different suggestion threads and stick only to those i'm talking about here.
FR+10
Ping-friendly. Loves coatls and skydancers.
1000% support this I NEED THIS OH PLEASE
1000% support this I NEED THIS OH PLEASE
iseonme #Discord just in case.
If you need my response asap, let me know through it.
Support!

I have no intention to breed my old dragons, but I want them in my lair and not hidden away c:
Support!

I have no intention to breed my old dragons, but I want them in my lair and not hidden away c:
Nq0eoGi.png
I support this, as long as it either a) isn't permanent or b) if it is permanent, you can't sell a dragon you've don't this to or when someone buys a dragon, it can be bred again

I don't like the idea of other people dictating whether or not I can breed my dragons.
I support this, as long as it either a) isn't permanent or b) if it is permanent, you can't sell a dragon you've don't this to or when someone buys a dragon, it can be bred again

I don't like the idea of other people dictating whether or not I can breed my dragons.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif WNZCkzt.png tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
^ A semi-literate Warriors RP ^
@KingHarry

This is actually the point why I suggest switchable settings instead of applying some sort of another scroll: you should be able to switch eligibility back "on" any moment and not be punished with losing your money for it. After all, it must be useful not only for "old lore, never breed" kind of dragons, but also for any you don't want to breed just yet for whatever reason but may want any moment, even if for just shortening dropdown list.

And I suppose settings apply while a dragon stays in your lair, they reset back to defaults when you rehome it. Which is both "on", naturally, we don't need to scare our newbies or not so observant and attentive people who may think they have a bug when their dragons are RTB but don't appear in nest menu :)
@KingHarry

This is actually the point why I suggest switchable settings instead of applying some sort of another scroll: you should be able to switch eligibility back "on" any moment and not be punished with losing your money for it. After all, it must be useful not only for "old lore, never breed" kind of dragons, but also for any you don't want to breed just yet for whatever reason but may want any moment, even if for just shortening dropdown list.

And I suppose settings apply while a dragon stays in your lair, they reset back to defaults when you rehome it. Which is both "on", naturally, we don't need to scare our newbies or not so observant and attentive people who may think they have a bug when their dragons are RTB but don't appear in nest menu :)
FR+10
Ping-friendly. Loves coatls and skydancers.
1 2 3