Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rules and Regulations
1 2
[quote name="Fragmentary" date="2019-05-07 08:51:31" ] I also can't see a reason to have multiple accounts other than to circumvent limitations for profit, such as the Fairgrounds Lucky Streak or gathering turns or flight limitations. We can have tons of dragon space, we have lair tabs to allow RPers to have different "lairs" within their own account. I wouldn't support the rule being removed. [/quote] Upon second thought I don't either. I've changed my point of view, and have changed the initial post. I've even gone through support to close the accounts I made in the past as a 14 year old who didn't know any better. I don't support the rule being removed either, and am now trying to abide by it.
Fragmentary wrote on 2019-05-07 08:51:31:
I also can't see a reason to have multiple accounts other than to circumvent limitations for profit, such as the Fairgrounds Lucky Streak or gathering turns or flight limitations. We can have tons of dragon space, we have lair tabs to allow RPers to have different "lairs" within their own account. I wouldn't support the rule being removed.
Upon second thought I don't either. I've changed my point of view, and have changed the initial post. I've even gone through support to close the accounts I made in the past as a 14 year old who didn't know any better. I don't support the rule being removed either, and am now trying to abide by it.
[quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:50:42" ] [quote name="elfin" date="2019-05-07 08:48:38" ] [quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:45:50" ] Very true. I'm going to edit my original post. Thank you for your conversation, and being civil about it. I half expected someone to yell at me for the idea. [/quote] Nah, mate, there's no reason to be a jerk even if there's disagreement. [/quote] Exactly. I edited my original post now, because I fully agree with all of your points. I love the moderators here and wouldn't want to put more work on them. I know in the past, because I was young and foolish, I made multiple accounts, so I've asked them to search my IP to close them in support. I don't want to break the rules, and have never, so I had previously just abandoned the accounts. ( And in doing so, forgot the usernames, passwords and emails ) but now that I know I can contact support I've done so [/quote] Yeah, sometimes I come across as rude, but most of the time I am not trying to be. I often honestly do want answers to the questions I ask. I do support being able to close your own account, but think that it needs to have a long wait time period (to prevent someone else managing to get into your account and maliciously closing it without you being able to prevent it) and that everything on it is either poofed out of existence or autoexalted.
renisence wrote on 2019-05-07 08:50:42:
elfin wrote on 2019-05-07 08:48:38:
renisence wrote on 2019-05-07 08:45:50:
Very true. I'm going to edit my original post. Thank you for your conversation, and being civil about it. I half expected someone to yell at me for the idea.

Nah, mate, there's no reason to be a jerk even if there's disagreement.
Exactly. I edited my original post now, because I fully agree with all of your points. I love the moderators here and wouldn't want to put more work on them. I know in the past, because I was young and foolish, I made multiple accounts, so I've asked them to search my IP to close them in support. I don't want to break the rules, and have never, so I had previously just abandoned the accounts. ( And in doing so, forgot the usernames, passwords and emails ) but now that I know I can contact support I've done so

Yeah, sometimes I come across as rude, but most of the time I am not trying to be. I often honestly do want answers to the questions I ask.

I do support being able to close your own account, but think that it needs to have a long wait time period (to prevent someone else managing to get into your account and maliciously closing it without you being able to prevent it) and that everything on it is either poofed out of existence or autoexalted.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-05-07 08:59:38" ] [quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:50:42" ] [quote name="elfin" date="2019-05-07 08:48:38" ] [quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:45:50" ] Very true. I'm going to edit my original post. Thank you for your conversation, and being civil about it. I half expected someone to yell at me for the idea. [/quote] Nah, mate, there's no reason to be a jerk even if there's disagreement. [/quote] Exactly. I edited my original post now, because I fully agree with all of your points. I love the moderators here and wouldn't want to put more work on them. I know in the past, because I was young and foolish, I made multiple accounts, so I've asked them to search my IP to close them in support. I don't want to break the rules, and have never, so I had previously just abandoned the accounts. ( And in doing so, forgot the usernames, passwords and emails ) but now that I know I can contact support I've done so [/quote] Yeah, sometimes I come across as rude, but most of the time I am not trying to be. I often honestly do want answers to the questions I ask. I do support being able to close your own account, but think that it needs to have a long wait time period (to prevent someone else managing to get into your account and maliciously closing it without you being able to prevent it) and that everything on it is either poofed out of existence or autoexalted. [/quote] Indeed.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-05-07 08:59:38:
renisence wrote on 2019-05-07 08:50:42:
elfin wrote on 2019-05-07 08:48:38:
renisence wrote on 2019-05-07 08:45:50:
Very true. I'm going to edit my original post. Thank you for your conversation, and being civil about it. I half expected someone to yell at me for the idea.

Nah, mate, there's no reason to be a jerk even if there's disagreement.
Exactly. I edited my original post now, because I fully agree with all of your points. I love the moderators here and wouldn't want to put more work on them. I know in the past, because I was young and foolish, I made multiple accounts, so I've asked them to search my IP to close them in support. I don't want to break the rules, and have never, so I had previously just abandoned the accounts. ( And in doing so, forgot the usernames, passwords and emails ) but now that I know I can contact support I've done so

Yeah, sometimes I come across as rude, but most of the time I am not trying to be. I often honestly do want answers to the questions I ask.

I do support being able to close your own account, but think that it needs to have a long wait time period (to prevent someone else managing to get into your account and maliciously closing it without you being able to prevent it) and that everything on it is either poofed out of existence or autoexalted.
Indeed.
[quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:17:53" ] When a long gone player has come back, but forgot their username and password. Or just their password. No big deal right? Just send an email to the email they signed up with, but what if they don't remember the email they signed up with, or if they forgot the password to said email with no means of recovering it? [/quote] I am attempting to figure out what are those "certain situations" where leniency is expected and so far I am only seeing one example - where the player has access to only one account because they cannot access the other, so to sum up... they only play on one account.
renisence wrote on 2019-05-07 08:17:53:
When a long gone player has come back, but forgot their username and password. Or just their password. No big deal right? Just send an email to the email they signed up with, but what if they don't remember the email they signed up with, or if they forgot the password to said email with no means of recovering it?

I am attempting to figure out what are those "certain situations" where leniency is expected and so far I am only seeing one example - where the player has access to only one account because they cannot access the other, so to sum up... they only play on one account.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-05-07 09:42:49" ] [quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:17:53" ] When a long gone player has come back, but forgot their username and password. Or just their password. No big deal right? Just send an email to the email they signed up with, but what if they don't remember the email they signed up with, or if they forgot the password to said email with no means of recovering it? [/quote] I am attempting to figure out what are those "certain situations" where leniency is expected and so far I am only seeing one example - where the player has access to only one account because they cannot access the other, so to sum up... they only play on one account. [/quote] That is the only situation I could think of. However, it would still count as having multiple accounts.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-05-07 09:42:49:
When a long gone player has come back, but forgot their username and password. Or just their password. No big deal right? Just send an email to the email they signed up with, but what if they don't remember the email they signed up with, or if they forgot the password to said email with no means of recovering it?

I am attempting to figure out what are those "certain situations" where leniency is expected and so far I am only seeing one example - where the player has access to only one account because they cannot access the other, so to sum up... they only play on one account.
That is the only situation I could think of. However, it would still count as having multiple accounts.
If you forget your password and can't access the email any more, you can contact the admins with information about the account only you should know (like your legal name, which is a requirement of sign up and the email you would have used, if you can't access it) and they should be able to assign your account to a new email of your choice.

Not remembering a password isn't a good reason for having a second account, honestly. The admins are invested in people not multi-accounting, so they should help people get their accounts back.

I agree that certain situations should be given leniency, but generally speaking, working with the admins (even if it might take a few weeks) should be enough for you to gain access to your old account again.

If you do opt to sign up for another one, it's at your own risk. The admins will probably never know, but if they find out... you're still breaking a rule.
If you forget your password and can't access the email any more, you can contact the admins with information about the account only you should know (like your legal name, which is a requirement of sign up and the email you would have used, if you can't access it) and they should be able to assign your account to a new email of your choice.

Not remembering a password isn't a good reason for having a second account, honestly. The admins are invested in people not multi-accounting, so they should help people get their accounts back.

I agree that certain situations should be given leniency, but generally speaking, working with the admins (even if it might take a few weeks) should be enough for you to gain access to your old account again.

If you do opt to sign up for another one, it's at your own risk. The admins will probably never know, but if they find out... you're still breaking a rule.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="Greyjoy" date="2019-05-07 09:45:42" ] If you forget your password and can't access the email any more, you can contact the admins with information about the account only you should know (like your legal name, which is a requirement of sign up and the email you would have used, if you can't access it) and they should be able to assign your account to a new email of your choice. Not remembering a password isn't a good reason for having a second account, honestly. The admins are invested in people not multi-accounting, so they should help people get their accounts back. I agree that certain situations should be given leniency, but generally speaking, working with the admins (even if it might take a few weeks) should be enough for you to gain access to your old account again. If you do opt to sign up for another one, it's at your own risk. The admins will probably never know, but if they find out... you're still breaking a rule. [/quote] Indeed, but most people do not know they can contact the mods with their birth name, and some users, like me, were idiots back in the day. ( Back in the day being like, 5 years ago ) I had made multiple accounts and have contacted the mods asking for them to be closed, and frankly, I'm rather worried it'll get me banned on this account as well.
Greyjoy wrote on 2019-05-07 09:45:42:

Indeed, but most people do not know they can contact the mods with their birth name, and some users, like me, were idiots back in the day. ( Back in the day being like, 5 years ago ) I had made multiple accounts and have contacted the mods asking for them to be closed, and frankly, I'm rather worried it'll get me banned on this account as well.
[quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 09:45:05" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-05-07 09:42:49" ] [quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:17:53" ] When a long gone player has come back, but forgot their username and password. Or just their password. No big deal right? Just send an email to the email they signed up with, but what if they don't remember the email they signed up with, or if they forgot the password to said email with no means of recovering it? [/quote] I am attempting to figure out what are those "certain situations" where leniency is expected and so far I am only seeing one example - where the player has access to only one account because they cannot access the other, so to sum up... they only play on one account. [/quote] That is the only situation I could think of. However, it would still count as having multiple accounts. [/quote] A similar example is that banned players can come back and make one new account - while in this case you need a mod to tell whether or not it's a multiaccounting offense, in my opinion it isn't because you only have access to only one account at a time and cannot transfer dragons/items/etc between the accounts, so, besides the experience, you don't get extra benefits. If that's your only example why multiaccounting should be allowed, then no support because your single example isn't multiaccounting for me.
renisence wrote on 2019-05-07 09:45:05:

That is the only situation I could think of. However, it would still count as having multiple accounts.

A similar example is that banned players can come back and make one new account - while in this case you need a mod to tell whether or not it's a multiaccounting offense, in my opinion it isn't because you only have access to only one account at a time and cannot transfer dragons/items/etc between the accounts, so, besides the experience, you don't get extra benefits.

If that's your only example why multiaccounting should be allowed, then no support because your single example isn't multiaccounting for me.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-05-07 09:49:42" ] [quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 09:45:05" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-05-07 09:42:49" ] [quote name="renisence" date="2019-05-07 08:17:53" ] When a long gone player has come back, but forgot their username and password. Or just their password. No big deal right? Just send an email to the email they signed up with, but what if they don't remember the email they signed up with, or if they forgot the password to said email with no means of recovering it? [/quote] I am attempting to figure out what are those "certain situations" where leniency is expected and so far I am only seeing one example - where the player has access to only one account because they cannot access the other, so to sum up... they only play on one account. [/quote] That is the only situation I could think of. However, it would still count as having multiple accounts. [/quote] A similar example is that banned players can come back and make one new account - while in this case you need a mod to tell whether or not it's a multiaccounting offense, in my opinion it isn't because you only have access to only one account at a time and cannot transfer dragons/items/etc between the accounts, so, besides the experience, you don't get extra benefits. If that's your only example why multiaccounting should be allowed, then no support because your single example isn't multiaccounting for me. [/quote] You're right, but I cannot think of another way to address this. Initially I believed in having multiple accounts if not breaking the rules, but that would only put more strain on the mods to regulate such users more carefully.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-05-07 09:49:42:
renisence wrote on 2019-05-07 09:45:05:

A similar example is that banned players can come back and make one new account - while in this case you need a mod to tell whether or not it's a multiaccounting offense, in my opinion it isn't because you only have access to only one account at a time and cannot transfer dragons/items/etc between the accounts, so, besides the experience, you don't get extra benefits.

If that's your only example why multiaccounting should be allowed, then no support because your single example isn't multiaccounting for me.

You're right, but I cannot think of another way to address this. Initially I believed in having multiple accounts if not breaking the rules, but that would only put more strain on the mods to regulate such users more carefully.
Hello there, @renisence! I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. For feedback and suggestions on the Terms of Use and Rules & Policies, please use Contact Us.

Thank you,
Gaia
Hello there, @renisence! I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. For feedback and suggestions on the Terms of Use and Rules & Policies, please use Contact Us.

Thank you,
Gaia
1 2