Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 86 87
[quote name="contagioushazard" date="2019-05-06 12:44:20" ] I personally have no qualms with the 7 day limit, but I also don't see the harm in letting the items sit in Galore's Glorious hoard until the next item comes in. At that point, the previous event item is gone, and you can only pick up the most current item. That doesn't seem like an issue at all. You still have to be "active" enough to pick it up before the next event, but assuming there are decent stretches of time between each event, there should be ample opportunity for everyone to pick up what they need before the next item is due to cycle in. Also, I totes hc Galore as a nonbinary fellow with a luxurious beard but ascribes to no gender norms whatsoever. They're beautiful. [/quote] OOOh I like that. A dead account is going to remain dead for the next 3 months, while a rare but still occasionally active account might still count as active. Chickensmoothie has a tool that identifies inactive accounts in order to calculate its economy. Delivering the gifts into inventories could be done only to accounts that have been logged into in the last 4 months or something.
contagioushazard wrote on 2019-05-06 12:44:20:
I personally have no qualms with the 7 day limit, but I also don't see the harm in letting the items sit in Galore's Glorious hoard until the next item comes in. At that point, the previous event item is gone, and you can only pick up the most current item. That doesn't seem like an issue at all. You still have to be "active" enough to pick it up before the next event, but assuming there are decent stretches of time between each event, there should be ample opportunity for everyone to pick up what they need before the next item is due to cycle in.

Also, I totes hc Galore as a nonbinary fellow with a luxurious beard but ascribes to no gender norms whatsoever. They're beautiful.

OOOh I like that. A dead account is going to remain dead for the next 3 months, while a rare but still occasionally active account might still count as active.

Chickensmoothie has a tool that identifies inactive accounts in order to calculate its economy. Delivering the gifts into inventories could be done only to accounts that have been logged into in the last 4 months or something.
I think limiting the ability to pick up items could be an issue.

Obviously I don't speak for everyone but I go through obsessive phases were I play a game, web based or otherwise, continuously until I find a new one. I've been playing Flight Rising on and off since 2013.

Even if people don't ever come back it's still nice to have in case they do, simply because of how rampant the economy can get here on FR.
I think limiting the ability to pick up items could be an issue.

Obviously I don't speak for everyone but I go through obsessive phases were I play a game, web based or otherwise, continuously until I find a new one. I've been playing Flight Rising on and off since 2013.

Even if people don't ever come back it's still nice to have in case they do, simply because of how rampant the economy can get here on FR.
Lightning-Network.png
It'll be interesting to see how this new system will work, but I'm excited to try it!

Galore looks incredible! What a handsome fellow~
It'll be interesting to see how this new system will work, but I'm excited to try it!

Galore looks incredible! What a handsome fellow~
vulloksah_rosebloodwolf_100_by_dragonnmr-dalcgfl.gifkpMZ532.pngBToOI3e.gif
time to scry and or make galore copies [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=100&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=10&winggene=26&wings=124&auth=a54d6ccd91ecd48180907cb77d598319050fedda&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ? also great system
time to scry and or make galore copies

dragon?age=1&body=100&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=10&winggene=26&wings=124&auth=a54d6ccd91ecd48180907cb77d598319050fedda&dummyext=prev.png ?

also great system
gC8Fl1N.png3mRCtgv.pngdO7Qce6.pngo6Tbf9W.png She/They
I'm all for the extended reward pick-up times since I've been mailing several of my friends on days of significance to log in for events. This will give them a bit of breathing room to do so instead of rushing/panicking.

Also...can we have a Galore fanclub for us all to subscribe to? :o
I'm all for the extended reward pick-up times since I've been mailing several of my friends on days of significance to log in for events. This will give them a bit of breathing room to do so instead of rushing/panicking.

Also...can we have a Galore fanclub for us all to subscribe to? :o
Please copy-n-paste my name.
I have missed response
due to misspelling.
Thank you~

I really like this idea. However, I think that perhaps the window should be widened?

I often travel internationally for work and family reasons, and when I'm gone I often have no/limited access to good enough internet to support FR. As these trips usually last 1-2 weeks, I would miss a lot of opportunities to get Galore's holdings.

I understand that the point of this change is to have a reasonably short time frame, though, so I'd understand if the current 7-day window remains.
I really like this idea. However, I think that perhaps the window should be widened?

I often travel internationally for work and family reasons, and when I'm gone I often have no/limited access to good enough internet to support FR. As these trips usually last 1-2 weeks, I would miss a lot of opportunities to get Galore's holdings.

I understand that the point of this change is to have a reasonably short time frame, though, so I'd understand if the current 7-day window remains.
Can quite understand the need to change the system, and it would be nice to have exclusive items for being active. But please consider lengthening the window - at least two weeks? - I don't see how it could affect site functionality for you to do this, but it would give players more of a chance to catch up. Anyone who is really out of the loop isn't going to find out one way or another (or care). And life can throw a lot at people during a week. Thanks!
Can quite understand the need to change the system, and it would be nice to have exclusive items for being active. But please consider lengthening the window - at least two weeks? - I don't see how it could affect site functionality for you to do this, but it would give players more of a chance to catch up. Anyone who is really out of the loop isn't going to find out one way or another (or care). And life can throw a lot at people during a week. Thanks!
CTF4up6.png
Taking strain off the system is always good in my book, but I wonder if there's a way this system could be implemented with a few extra features. IMO, 7 days is not nearly long enough for some players to collect the item(s) in question, so I'd say maybe a 2-3 week long period might be just right, and overall healthier for the playerbase at large.

Would you guys also consider adding a vacation mode when this delivery system is implemented? Something that, when activated, may automatically collect the items for the player, keep their dragons fed, etc. Maybe it can only be switched on for a month or something.

Also, in the way of social media notifications, I also think implementing an e-mailing system to notify players of these item drops would be a good idea. Since a lot of social media platforms no longer display posts chronologically, you run the risk of many players missing the memo on limited-availability items.
Taking strain off the system is always good in my book, but I wonder if there's a way this system could be implemented with a few extra features. IMO, 7 days is not nearly long enough for some players to collect the item(s) in question, so I'd say maybe a 2-3 week long period might be just right, and overall healthier for the playerbase at large.

Would you guys also consider adding a vacation mode when this delivery system is implemented? Something that, when activated, may automatically collect the items for the player, keep their dragons fed, etc. Maybe it can only be switched on for a month or something.

Also, in the way of social media notifications, I also think implementing an e-mailing system to notify players of these item drops would be a good idea. Since a lot of social media platforms no longer display posts chronologically, you run the risk of many players missing the memo on limited-availability items.
ZWfEwl7.png
But perhaps victory is in the smaller things that you've long forgotten.

If you wanna get my attention, please feel free to ping me!
Oh my wow Galore [emoji=guardian star size=2][emoji=guardian love size=2]
Oh my wow Galore
Pressiboo #157888

8+ fr time
I think it would've been just fine leaving it at this is to take delivery strain off the server.

Saying this awards active players feels a bit disingenuous, since when you think about it, those who'd be hurt the most are active players who care about these things and just happened to be busy or forgetful.

For anybody who knows about coding: how coding extensive and taxing would it be to just have minute flags on people's accounts that tell whether or not something was collected? Basically, couldn't the same type of system that goes towards Pinkerton Plundered Pile be applied to exclusive items picked up from Galore's Glorious Gifts? Purpose of this being that there's no time limit to collect an item, the page just checks if you have or not for X event.
I think it would've been just fine leaving it at this is to take delivery strain off the server.

Saying this awards active players feels a bit disingenuous, since when you think about it, those who'd be hurt the most are active players who care about these things and just happened to be busy or forgetful.

For anybody who knows about coding: how coding extensive and taxing would it be to just have minute flags on people's accounts that tell whether or not something was collected? Basically, couldn't the same type of system that goes towards Pinkerton Plundered Pile be applied to exclusive items picked up from Galore's Glorious Gifts? Purpose of this being that there's no time limit to collect an item, the page just checks if you have or not for X event.
tumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38.gif Please ping me if you're replying to me!
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 86 87