Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Laced & Edged
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60 61
cute!
cute!
OG3x9N6.png
FMoJ9vk.png
JrZGMGx.png
1YB0OjO.png
HjfaxvA.png
8WSTOZ5.png
NlmYDAS.pngvoyURL5.pngmlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.pngWKtl2lb.png
I got the horses in the back
I got the horses in the back
602d1145219f3e2ac5c6808013728c7a5184c224_hq.jpg
I love the concept but my issue with some of these genes lately (Mainly Peacock, and now this) is that they seem more decal-like than actually a part of the dragon. Like the 'feathers' don't actually follow the natural contours or preexisting linework of the dragons.

For example the baby Skydancer wings, the secondary doesn't actually follow the existing feathers? It's a little off putting and I think more thought into the placement of the laced/edged could make it seem more natural. This is coming from someone who raises chickens with this sort of pattern ;;
I love the concept but my issue with some of these genes lately (Mainly Peacock, and now this) is that they seem more decal-like than actually a part of the dragon. Like the 'feathers' don't actually follow the natural contours or preexisting linework of the dragons.

For example the baby Skydancer wings, the secondary doesn't actually follow the existing feathers? It's a little off putting and I think more thought into the placement of the laced/edged could make it seem more natural. This is coming from someone who raises chickens with this sort of pattern ;;
Ooh nice! [emoji=tundra happy]
Ooh nice!
Oh man these genes are really neat. Looks like scales!

And yesssss spiral mojis!!!!!
Oh man these genes are really neat. Looks like scales!

And yesssss spiral mojis!!!!!
This STILL doesn't help my Therin [emoji=mirror angry][emoji=mirror sad]
This STILL doesn't help my Therin
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
Ooo very nice!!!
Ooo very nice!!!
gcvQ5RD.pngEhggh4C.png7BtDqtJ.pngvcby9h2.png6pobcCR.pnghmRVTgp.png
Ooh...pretty!

But...I would think you guys would have picked a different name than "laced" as it's kinda too similar to "lace" (the tert gene). Seems like it would cause confusion. Oh well, that's just my opinion.
Ooh...pretty!

But...I would think you guys would have picked a different name than "laced" as it's kinda too similar to "lace" (the tert gene). Seems like it would cause confusion. Oh well, that's just my opinion.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
Woooooohooooooo
Woooooohooooooo
All of the most recent genes only look good on certain colors, even then they're iffy. Most seem copy/pasted heavily or had weird markings that interact awkwardly with other genes. I'd rather have the last few genes taken back if it meant a new dragon species.
All of the most recent genes only look good on certain colors, even then they're iffy. Most seem copy/pasted heavily or had weird markings that interact awkwardly with other genes. I'd rather have the last few genes taken back if it meant a new dragon species.
5S2hFjn.png
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60 61