Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Need help quick! (Photography)
So I'm part of a photo class my school has, and tomorrow's the deadline for the photo submission [b](theme is "lost place"!)[/b]. Only, I'm a big procrastinator and I put it off until the day before, realized how late I was and went out to take a buttload of photos. Here are the two photos I'm pretty satisfied with, both already edited (warning, I'm a bit of a rookie): [img]https://imgur.com/eS0Pqke.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/B2IyvLf.png[/img] The problem is that I can't decide which one I should take, so I'd really appreciate it if you could just write whichever photo you think is better! [emoji=tundra happy] Criticism is also always welcome! Thanks!
So I'm part of a photo class my school has, and tomorrow's the deadline for the photo submission (theme is "lost place"!). Only, I'm a big procrastinator and I put it off until the day before, realized how late I was and went out to take a buttload of photos.

Here are the two photos I'm pretty satisfied with, both already edited (warning, I'm a bit of a rookie):

eS0Pqke.png

B2IyvLf.png

The problem is that I can't decide which one I should take, so I'd really appreciate it if you could just write whichever photo you think is better! Criticism is also always welcome!

Thanks!
60bawEH.png hiya thar, it's me, an absolute trashbag
?jKX9k=party.png
pokefarm
I think the first has a lot more storytelling and good composition to it, so I'd go with that. The reflection in the window gives a hint at the building's location whilst the broken window and dark inside is very intriguing and draws the viewer in.

The second image doesn't have that same kind of framing and looks more like a random snapshot if I'm honest.
I think the first has a lot more storytelling and good composition to it, so I'd go with that. The reflection in the window gives a hint at the building's location whilst the broken window and dark inside is very intriguing and draws the viewer in.

The second image doesn't have that same kind of framing and looks more like a random snapshot if I'm honest.
tDAcVLz.png
I feel like the first one tells the story while still leaving plenty of mystery to draw the viewer in.
I feel like the first one tells the story while still leaving plenty of mystery to draw the viewer in.
tumblr_inline_o8pnmsr2WO1ts73zp_540.png
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
i asked my older brother (who's a film major) and he said the first one is better for comosition! and i agree with him and earlygrey above, there's a lot more to it that can draw a viewer in.
i asked my older brother (who's a film major) and he said the first one is better for comosition! and i agree with him and earlygrey above, there's a lot more to it that can draw a viewer in.
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
The first one speaks me... More importantly, the reflection does. It's just so amazing to see the reflection of things in the mirror, it tells a story!
The first one speaks me... More importantly, the reflection does. It's just so amazing to see the reflection of things in the mirror, it tells a story!
@rluie

I like the first one!

The second one would be better if it was at a closer maybe different angle?

Good luck
@rluie

I like the first one!

The second one would be better if it was at a closer maybe different angle?

Good luck

blue | +2 FRT
casual love

raffle
pm me to be friends!
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
16471.png
@rluie personally the first one appeals to me more. I have a bit of a photographer's eye, but don't know any of the criteria, so I cant really say why it looks better to me XDD
@rluie personally the first one appeals to me more. I have a bit of a photographer's eye, but don't know any of the criteria, so I cant really say why it looks better to me XDD
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
@rluie I agree with everyone else, the first one has a bit more interest. It has lovely composition, and as stated, the reflections gives some hints but does not completely give anything away. Though the second image is also lovely, I feel the wider shot gives away too much regarding the location if the theme is "lost place"

-Photo major with a mild obsession with getting nice, up close shots when possible
@rluie I agree with everyone else, the first one has a bit more interest. It has lovely composition, and as stated, the reflections gives some hints but does not completely give anything away. Though the second image is also lovely, I feel the wider shot gives away too much regarding the location if the theme is "lost place"

-Photo major with a mild obsession with getting nice, up close shots when possible
I'm a photographer - follow my adventures and growth on Instagram!