Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | insanely specific foods that disgust you
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I hate anything with that candy artificial grape flavoring. When I got sick, my aunt tended to be the one to give me medicine for whatever reason, and since my cousin liked grape flavor, that's what all the medicine she had was, so now I just taste medicine.

Love cherry, though, which I know a lot of people hate for the same reason.

I also can't stand cow tails (the candy). I had one once at a baseball game when I was like 6 or something and to this day, just the thought of eating one makes me nauseous because of how much I disliked it.

The main food I can't tolerate are olives. I refuse to eat olives in any way, shape, or form. I can't even stand the smell of olives and hold my breath near those little olive bars some grocery stores have. I don't pick up jars of olives because feeling them bump around in the glass makes me gag, too. Everything about them repulses me
I hate anything with that candy artificial grape flavoring. When I got sick, my aunt tended to be the one to give me medicine for whatever reason, and since my cousin liked grape flavor, that's what all the medicine she had was, so now I just taste medicine.

Love cherry, though, which I know a lot of people hate for the same reason.

I also can't stand cow tails (the candy). I had one once at a baseball game when I was like 6 or something and to this day, just the thought of eating one makes me nauseous because of how much I disliked it.

The main food I can't tolerate are olives. I refuse to eat olives in any way, shape, or form. I can't even stand the smell of olives and hold my breath near those little olive bars some grocery stores have. I don't pick up jars of olives because feeling them bump around in the glass makes me gag, too. Everything about them repulses me
tFtivUoURYLbG.gif
Turkey bacon. That stuff is disgusting

Also very regular cheetos. I prefer flaming hot
Turkey bacon. That stuff is disgusting

Also very regular cheetos. I prefer flaming hot
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
I have never tried it and never will, but Balut. Some of my fellow Filipino peeps called me "westernized". No it's not that, it's the fact I'm insanely terrified of fetal creatures and the idea of swallowing the corpse of a fetal dinosaur duck is horrifying to me.

If you like that stuff then more power to ya, I just can't take the big deformed eyes.

Boiled conch I won't touch. I had it once and it tasted like...like if you're sitting next to someone who hasn't bathed in 3 weeks and they get up; you can smell their nasty unwashed crotch, and trying to breathe through your teeth doesn't work because you can taste the s t i n k. THAT. I've had fried conch and it was delish, so it's the way it's cooked.

Also raw/undercooked fish that isn't sushi-grade pre-frozen and thoroughly checked for worms. I'm deathly afraid of parasites and even as much as I love the taste of raw fish (ie: spicy tuna~) the risks outweigh the benefit.
I have never tried it and never will, but Balut. Some of my fellow Filipino peeps called me "westernized". No it's not that, it's the fact I'm insanely terrified of fetal creatures and the idea of swallowing the corpse of a fetal dinosaur duck is horrifying to me.

If you like that stuff then more power to ya, I just can't take the big deformed eyes.

Boiled conch I won't touch. I had it once and it tasted like...like if you're sitting next to someone who hasn't bathed in 3 weeks and they get up; you can smell their nasty unwashed crotch, and trying to breathe through your teeth doesn't work because you can taste the s t i n k. THAT. I've had fried conch and it was delish, so it's the way it's cooked.

Also raw/undercooked fish that isn't sushi-grade pre-frozen and thoroughly checked for worms. I'm deathly afraid of parasites and even as much as I love the taste of raw fish (ie: spicy tuna~) the risks outweigh the benefit.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
chocolate chip banana bread. takes such a good thing (chocolate) and ruins it (banana) really makes me unfathomably angry
chocolate chip banana bread. takes such a good thing (chocolate) and ruins it (banana) really makes me unfathomably angry
that really thick clear cough syrup,, eueuuauagghhhhh

i also think regular chocolate cake is gross. chocolate fudge cake is Amazing though

i hate tomatoes. i love stuff like ketchup, salsa (even CHUNKY SALSA), tomato juice, but i won't TOUCH actual tomatoes.
that really thick clear cough syrup,, eueuuauagghhhhh

i also think regular chocolate cake is gross. chocolate fudge cake is Amazing though

i hate tomatoes. i love stuff like ketchup, salsa (even CHUNKY SALSA), tomato juice, but i won't TOUCH actual tomatoes.
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
oh boy
-Tomato sauce in the nacho/pizza Lunchables (just the ones in the Lunchables, I like tomato sauce just fine otherwise)

-Olives

-Bananas

-Cottage cheese

-Unsweetened seltzer water

-Any milk above 1%

-Melted cheese

-Feta cheese

-Dairy (well I actually like dairy, and I was known for my love of ice cream...yeah, turns out I am lactose intolerant)

-Any pig meat except for pork tenderloin

-Salami

-Kielbasa sausage (I actually used to like it a lot, but now I don't)

-Tomato soup

-Oyster crackers

-Crab

-Any salad other than leafy greens

-Ranch on salad

-Fruited jello

-Lemon pudding

-Mushrooms

-Fresh tomatoes (as I've mentioned before I have no problem with tomato sauce and ketchup???)

-Pickled vegetables

-Nuts

-Homemade mac and cheese

-Stuffing

-Turkey gizzards/hearts/livers (I also don't like the chicken versions)

-Fruit pies (except for pumpkin)

-Blueberries (except in muffins)

oh boy
-Tomato sauce in the nacho/pizza Lunchables (just the ones in the Lunchables, I like tomato sauce just fine otherwise)

-Olives

-Bananas

-Cottage cheese

-Unsweetened seltzer water

-Any milk above 1%

-Melted cheese

-Feta cheese

-Dairy (well I actually like dairy, and I was known for my love of ice cream...yeah, turns out I am lactose intolerant)

-Any pig meat except for pork tenderloin

-Salami

-Kielbasa sausage (I actually used to like it a lot, but now I don't)

-Tomato soup

-Oyster crackers

-Crab

-Any salad other than leafy greens

-Ranch on salad

-Fruited jello

-Lemon pudding

-Mushrooms

-Fresh tomatoes (as I've mentioned before I have no problem with tomato sauce and ketchup???)

-Pickled vegetables

-Nuts

-Homemade mac and cheese

-Stuffing

-Turkey gizzards/hearts/livers (I also don't like the chicken versions)

-Fruit pies (except for pumpkin)

-Blueberries (except in muffins)

Black beans and kidney beans (other beans are fine)

Bananas when they go past the hint-of-green-mostly-bright-yellow stage. Also room temperature bananas are gross as hell.
Black beans and kidney beans (other beans are fine)

Bananas when they go past the hint-of-green-mostly-bright-yellow stage. Also room temperature bananas are gross as hell.
@Yews they/them
My favourite dragon
Arcane Battlestone Bank
Arcane Food Bank
secrets_for_center_purposes
01110111 01101000 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01101101 01101110 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101110 01110101 01110100
ssecretssFRT +10
secreteswSnrS.png
secretHouhGS9.pngsecret
Not quite as specific as some here, but these are mine.
  • Bell peppers. If they are mushed up to the point where they can't be recognized as a pepper, I am fine. But if something has these abominations in, I will either avoid it completely or pick every little piece out.
  • Banana-flavoured stuff. Which is weird, because I LOVE bananas, especially ones that are starting to darken. But anything that has the artificial banana flavouring is just nasty.
  • Pumpkin, but roasted pumpkin seeds are nice :/
  • Soft cheese, like cottage cheese. I know this one seems weird, but hear me out. Quiche and cheese and onion pie are two of my favourite foods, but most of the shops/cafes near me use this type of cheese that just...ends up like slime, and I hate it.
  • Savoury jelly. Sweet jelly is okay, though.
  • Mint
  • Lavender
  • Green apples
  • Mushrooms (unless they're in something else)
  • Bubblegum-flavour
  • Ravioli (My primary school would serve these tinned ones pretty much every second day, and everyone hated them, so if you weren't at the front of the line, they would be the only thing left. And since my class nearly always got kept late because of someone being an idiot...)
  • Honey
  • Tomatoes (especially on sandwiches)
Not quite as specific as some here, but these are mine.
  • Bell peppers. If they are mushed up to the point where they can't be recognized as a pepper, I am fine. But if something has these abominations in, I will either avoid it completely or pick every little piece out.
  • Banana-flavoured stuff. Which is weird, because I LOVE bananas, especially ones that are starting to darken. But anything that has the artificial banana flavouring is just nasty.
  • Pumpkin, but roasted pumpkin seeds are nice :/
  • Soft cheese, like cottage cheese. I know this one seems weird, but hear me out. Quiche and cheese and onion pie are two of my favourite foods, but most of the shops/cafes near me use this type of cheese that just...ends up like slime, and I hate it.
  • Savoury jelly. Sweet jelly is okay, though.
  • Mint
  • Lavender
  • Green apples
  • Mushrooms (unless they're in something else)
  • Bubblegum-flavour
  • Ravioli (My primary school would serve these tinned ones pretty much every second day, and everyone hated them, so if you weren't at the front of the line, they would be the only thing left. And since my class nearly always got kept late because of someone being an idiot...)
  • Honey
  • Tomatoes (especially on sandwiches)
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
Yoghurt with ""fresh"" fruits in them. Like,, the premixed stuff, i don't know if its even a thing outside of sweden but its like swallowing the guck you cough up when youre sick.
I can eat yoghurt with fresh fruits perfectly fine if i add them myself but jesus

Smoothies with bananas, i love smoothies but if i taste any banana i will scream shfks- its not like i dont like bananas, theyre delicious but in smoothies,, oof
theyre so overpowering, i cant taste anything but banana

Artificial grape flavored anything, i h a t e i t.
I don't associate it with anything, its just plain disgusting sfjksfjsd
Yoghurt with ""fresh"" fruits in them. Like,, the premixed stuff, i don't know if its even a thing outside of sweden but its like swallowing the guck you cough up when youre sick.
I can eat yoghurt with fresh fruits perfectly fine if i add them myself but jesus

Smoothies with bananas, i love smoothies but if i taste any banana i will scream shfks- its not like i dont like bananas, theyre delicious but in smoothies,, oof
theyre so overpowering, i cant taste anything but banana

Artificial grape flavored anything, i h a t e i t.
I don't associate it with anything, its just plain disgusting sfjksfjsd
crying.png
Jellyfish sashimi in soy sauce, the texture makes me gag to the next dimension
Jellyfish sashimi in soy sauce, the texture makes me gag to the next dimension
rrSy9NF.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9