Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fix availability for common items.
It is a two star item, and it should drop more often from the cockatrices.

Either that or put it in gathering as well? There's only one place that it comes from, and it's a bit of a bottleneck when it comes to unlocking den slots.

Edit- @Laluzi's post on the first page explains a lot really, and encompasses this change, and a bunch of changes that should be thought about.
It is a two star item, and it should drop more often from the cockatrices.

Either that or put it in gathering as well? There's only one place that it comes from, and it's a bit of a bottleneck when it comes to unlocking den slots.

Edit- @Laluzi's post on the first page explains a lot really, and encompasses this change, and a bunch of changes that should be thought about.
Please don't quote me.
They should definitely be available from gathering. I didn't even know that they weren't. I think adding them to gathering should perhaps be enough though.
They should definitely be available from gathering. I didn't even know that they weren't. I think adding them to gathering should perhaps be enough though.
Please ping me if you find yourself in need of my attention. If not, chances are I'm not going to be aware that I have a response. Enjoy the rest of your hopefully lovely day c:
I have had more familiar drops, than I have had on the delicate batwings.

I know that the item used to drop from bats, and the drop ahs been shuffled around abit before, so perhaps it's time for another shuffle maybe?
I have had more familiar drops, than I have had on the delicate batwings.

I know that the item used to drop from bats, and the drop ahs been shuffled around abit before, so perhaps it's time for another shuffle maybe?
Please don't quote me.
I don't think they need a droprate change, I think the major thing making them overly rare is that they only drop from one single enemy, the Cockatrice. It doesn't appear in many encounter groups, and is only found in one venue... making an uncommon drop even rarer to find.

The bat wings used to drop from other enemies, and when they did they were pretty bountiful.

The solution here is to add the bat wings to more enemies. I think if they were added to even just the Cockatrice's cousins (Basilisk and so on), that alone would push up the rate at which the item can be obtained.
I don't think they need a droprate change, I think the major thing making them overly rare is that they only drop from one single enemy, the Cockatrice. It doesn't appear in many encounter groups, and is only found in one venue... making an uncommon drop even rarer to find.

The bat wings used to drop from other enemies, and when they did they were pretty bountiful.

The solution here is to add the bat wings to more enemies. I think if they were added to even just the Cockatrice's cousins (Basilisk and so on), that alone would push up the rate at which the item can be obtained.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
That would also be a good solution. Anything is better than just having them drop from the rarer of the enemies in that venue.
That would also be a good solution. Anything is better than just having them drop from the rarer of the enemies in that venue.
Please don't quote me.
@zenzic

The Basilisk has a bat wing food item of its own!
@zenzic

The Basilisk has a bat wing food item of its own!
@ Sopheroo

Yep, the Meaty Bat Wing.
Just like the situation with the Cockatrice and Delicate Bat Wing, The Basilisk is the only enemy that drops the Meaty Bat Wing.

But since the meaty wing isn't needed for a Hibernal Den trade-in, its availability isn't really isn't an issue. The other two Basilisk cousins are the Grouse Basilisk and the Coral Basilisk, and they don't drop any wings at all.

I say give 'em all wing drops. Wing drops for dayz.
@ Sopheroo

Yep, the Meaty Bat Wing.
Just like the situation with the Cockatrice and Delicate Bat Wing, The Basilisk is the only enemy that drops the Meaty Bat Wing.

But since the meaty wing isn't needed for a Hibernal Den trade-in, its availability isn't really isn't an issue. The other two Basilisk cousins are the Grouse Basilisk and the Coral Basilisk, and they don't drop any wings at all.

I say give 'em all wing drops. Wing drops for dayz.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
They all are chickens of a sort. It would make sense, and would help ease up on the runs for newbies. I mean, I have a team of level 25, and am leveling a second team, and that task took me the longest before I caved and bought the items I needed.
They all are chickens of a sort. It would make sense, and would help ease up on the runs for newbies. I mean, I have a team of level 25, and am leveling a second team, and that task took me the longest before I caved and bought the items I needed.
Please don't quote me.
The real problem with this item is the changes that have been made to the coliseum - both the unique item overhaul and the constant increases in venue enemies. You're an old enough account to have seen the problem in its entirety, but for posterity's sake, I'll expound.

It used to be coli monsters did not have unique food drops. When you're fighting Emerald Webwings and get White-Eared Hummingbirds, Cave Geckoes from Nightsky Fuirans, Sand Creepers from Double-Tailed Warcats; these used to be the main food drop from those enemies. They'd drop at the same rates these enemies now drop Serrated Beaks, Corpsemaker Ivy, and Protective Wasps. Also, most venues only had about ten enemy types in them. There was no notion of a 'rare' enemy - well, the sole exception being the Coarsefur Yeti in the Boreal Wood, which is and has always been a weirdo. But if you wanted to fight Cockatrices? It was the Scorched Forest before Augite Protectors and Moss-Covered Golems, the four centaurs or the jackalopes or the Umberhorn Qiriq. Eleven different enemies instead of eighteen.

Anyway. These previous food drops were usually gather items, and they weren't always unique besides that. Several different enemies dropped the same thing, like Ivy or Sand Creepers. When every coli enemy gradually got its own unique drops, their previous drops were either relegated to very rare bonus drops or removed entirely. (This additionally made certain Swipp trades much harder than they used to be.)

However... there were items that were coli-specific, drops that were never obtainable via gathering. Herdbeast hooves, crunchy moth legs, scorpion tails... the bat wings. I know the bat wings were drops from Cockatrices and Basilisks (back then, Scorched Forest enemies), and from Runic and Cursed Bats in the Forgotten Cave. They seem to have been wiped entirely from the cave bats - it's just the cockatrices now, a rare bonus drop, and because there are so many more enemies in the Woodland Path than there used to be, it's harder than ever just to fight one.

If FR addresses this, it'd be high time for them to address the other problems that have risen by severely limiting the obtainability of items that were introduced as common.
The real problem with this item is the changes that have been made to the coliseum - both the unique item overhaul and the constant increases in venue enemies. You're an old enough account to have seen the problem in its entirety, but for posterity's sake, I'll expound.

It used to be coli monsters did not have unique food drops. When you're fighting Emerald Webwings and get White-Eared Hummingbirds, Cave Geckoes from Nightsky Fuirans, Sand Creepers from Double-Tailed Warcats; these used to be the main food drop from those enemies. They'd drop at the same rates these enemies now drop Serrated Beaks, Corpsemaker Ivy, and Protective Wasps. Also, most venues only had about ten enemy types in them. There was no notion of a 'rare' enemy - well, the sole exception being the Coarsefur Yeti in the Boreal Wood, which is and has always been a weirdo. But if you wanted to fight Cockatrices? It was the Scorched Forest before Augite Protectors and Moss-Covered Golems, the four centaurs or the jackalopes or the Umberhorn Qiriq. Eleven different enemies instead of eighteen.

Anyway. These previous food drops were usually gather items, and they weren't always unique besides that. Several different enemies dropped the same thing, like Ivy or Sand Creepers. When every coli enemy gradually got its own unique drops, their previous drops were either relegated to very rare bonus drops or removed entirely. (This additionally made certain Swipp trades much harder than they used to be.)

However... there were items that were coli-specific, drops that were never obtainable via gathering. Herdbeast hooves, crunchy moth legs, scorpion tails... the bat wings. I know the bat wings were drops from Cockatrices and Basilisks (back then, Scorched Forest enemies), and from Runic and Cursed Bats in the Forgotten Cave. They seem to have been wiped entirely from the cave bats - it's just the cockatrices now, a rare bonus drop, and because there are so many more enemies in the Woodland Path than there used to be, it's harder than ever just to fight one.

If FR addresses this, it'd be high time for them to address the other problems that have risen by severely limiting the obtainability of items that were introduced as common.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
That would be a change I would also welcome. The batwings were just the most immediate one I could thing of, seeing as I pretty much took a level 11 dragon, to level 12, using the woodland path alone. I could see them adding all the coli specific drops to gathering to make it easier and that might help the availability of all those items.

And yes, they did remove the drop entirely from the cursed bats, and the cursed bats were given thier own food drop. I remember them being common as all get out for awhile and then just becoming less so because there was too many of them.

Edit- Because that subject has been brought up I'm gonna entirely change the topic. It's more encompassing. I mostly chose the batwings because I was stuck on them. XD
That would be a change I would also welcome. The batwings were just the most immediate one I could thing of, seeing as I pretty much took a level 11 dragon, to level 12, using the woodland path alone. I could see them adding all the coli specific drops to gathering to make it easier and that might help the availability of all those items.

And yes, they did remove the drop entirely from the cursed bats, and the cursed bats were given thier own food drop. I remember them being common as all get out for awhile and then just becoming less so because there was too many of them.

Edit- Because that subject has been brought up I'm gonna entirely change the topic. It's more encompassing. I mostly chose the batwings because I was stuck on them. XD
Please don't quote me.