Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [private] the war
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
Eclipse snarled as she was thrown into the lake. The icy water cooled the anger surging inside. Squeezing her eyes shut, she felt around, expecting to find a bank, but instead grasped... a string. Opening her eyes, she realized she could see clearly. The string she was holding was coming from her chest, and weirder yet, it was glowing. Looking around, she realized that the lake waters were not dark but illuminated by a green light.
Eclipssssse, A hissing sound emenated from behind her.
"Wha-who?" Eclipse jumped around. There was no one.
Eclipsssssssssssssse, the slithery voice repeated.
Squinting, Eclipse realized that indeed something was here. She could vaguely make out the shape of a humanoid outline.
"Who are you?" Eclipse stuttered.
Ha! I would assume he'd never tell you the lake spirit. Fenrir is not a speaker.
Taking a deep breath, Eclipse said, "What lake spirit? This is no lake."
You see, we are in the magical plane. This lake is not a lake but a portal. It ensured your father and you would not escape. I control this portal. I am sadly indebted to the general who enslaved you. I would help, but I have sacred oaths. However, I can do this- with a fluid motion of his wrist, the air around Eclipse swirled and lifted her into the air, and then she blacked out.

Exlipse found herself sitting on the lakeshore. She wanted to wade back in, to answer the endless thoughts, but she stopped. It felt wrong, just unsettling. She had other things to do. Trudging back to shore, she planned.
[wip]
Eclipse snarled as she was thrown into the lake. The icy water cooled the anger surging inside. Squeezing her eyes shut, she felt around, expecting to find a bank, but instead grasped... a string. Opening her eyes, she realized she could see clearly. The string she was holding was coming from her chest, and weirder yet, it was glowing. Looking around, she realized that the lake waters were not dark but illuminated by a green light.
Eclipssssse, A hissing sound emenated from behind her.
"Wha-who?" Eclipse jumped around. There was no one.
Eclipsssssssssssssse, the slithery voice repeated.
Squinting, Eclipse realized that indeed something was here. She could vaguely make out the shape of a humanoid outline.
"Who are you?" Eclipse stuttered.
Ha! I would assume he'd never tell you the lake spirit. Fenrir is not a speaker.
Taking a deep breath, Eclipse said, "What lake spirit? This is no lake."
You see, we are in the magical plane. This lake is not a lake but a portal. It ensured your father and you would not escape. I control this portal. I am sadly indebted to the general who enslaved you. I would help, but I have sacred oaths. However, I can do this- with a fluid motion of his wrist, the air around Eclipse swirled and lifted her into the air, and then she blacked out.

Exlipse found herself sitting on the lakeshore. She wanted to wade back in, to answer the endless thoughts, but she stopped. It felt wrong, just unsettling. She had other things to do. Trudging back to shore, she planned.
[wip]
(Sorry was on vacation ^^')

"Once the rope binds the wolf....rope? What rope?" Amatsu thought to herself as she fell back yet again. She looked around the room and didn't see any signs of rope.

"What was that Sybil talking about earlier....emotions....how will that work?" she thought as she went in for another hit.

"I wish these people would actually TEACH me something...
(Sorry was on vacation ^^')

"Once the rope binds the wolf....rope? What rope?" Amatsu thought to herself as she fell back yet again. She looked around the room and didn't see any signs of rope.

"What was that Sybil talking about earlier....emotions....how will that work?" she thought as she went in for another hit.

"I wish these people would actually TEACH me something...
Ap3M8iT.png
Fenrir laughed cruelly.

So you don't even know what the Rope is? Didn't that foolish dracon hand it to you?

The Wolf paused, as if considering a thought. Or what if... he faked a surprised gasp, putting a hand to his lips in mock surprise. What if Arrya Fierceclaw didn't give you Gleipnir on purpose? What if she wants you to die, weakling? I could see why she would...

-

Above ground, Arrya could sense the Wolf's presence. It was restless, it paced, circling the battlefield as though waiting to dive for the kill. And with that presence, a sudden weight pulled at the many folds of her robes, all emanating from one source- her pocket.

With a sudden gasp, the dracon groped for Gleipnir, still tucked soundly into the deerskin pouch.

"No," she muttered. "No, no, no no." Tucking her wings into a dive, she abandoned all hope of searching for a kill, heading for the small crevice that marked the entrance to their living quarters.

"RUCHIRU!" shrilled Arrya as she burst through the narrow doorway. "Come with me- the Wolf is unbound, and we have the Rope!"

Without waiting for further response, the dracon stormed down the tunnels, wings painfully grazing the narrowing tunnels. "no, no, no, no! She can't die! The Victory will never be mine if one of the two dies!"

Arrya burst out onto the banks of the lake with a shrill cry.

"FENRIR!" shrieked the dracon, letting loose her rage, anger, and hate into one battle cry. Gleipnir sailed through the air, a silvery strand of light arcing through the dim blue atmosphere.

It landed on the bank behind Fenrir, who smiled contentedly. Why, he mused, as if he had all the time in the world. The one taken by Greed has arrived.

{@Dragondust36O, @MangoLlama, @hailfire333}
Fenrir laughed cruelly.

So you don't even know what the Rope is? Didn't that foolish dracon hand it to you?

The Wolf paused, as if considering a thought. Or what if... he faked a surprised gasp, putting a hand to his lips in mock surprise. What if Arrya Fierceclaw didn't give you Gleipnir on purpose? What if she wants you to die, weakling? I could see why she would...

-

Above ground, Arrya could sense the Wolf's presence. It was restless, it paced, circling the battlefield as though waiting to dive for the kill. And with that presence, a sudden weight pulled at the many folds of her robes, all emanating from one source- her pocket.

With a sudden gasp, the dracon groped for Gleipnir, still tucked soundly into the deerskin pouch.

"No," she muttered. "No, no, no no." Tucking her wings into a dive, she abandoned all hope of searching for a kill, heading for the small crevice that marked the entrance to their living quarters.

"RUCHIRU!" shrilled Arrya as she burst through the narrow doorway. "Come with me- the Wolf is unbound, and we have the Rope!"

Without waiting for further response, the dracon stormed down the tunnels, wings painfully grazing the narrowing tunnels. "no, no, no, no! She can't die! The Victory will never be mine if one of the two dies!"

Arrya burst out onto the banks of the lake with a shrill cry.

"FENRIR!" shrieked the dracon, letting loose her rage, anger, and hate into one battle cry. Gleipnir sailed through the air, a silvery strand of light arcing through the dim blue atmosphere.

It landed on the bank behind Fenrir, who smiled contentedly. Why, he mused, as if he had all the time in the world. The one taken by Greed has arrived.

{@Dragondust36O, @MangoLlama, @hailfire333}
imageedit-1-4146692772.png s h a l t

» she/her/they
» fr +3, but not always active *cough* school
» no random friend requests
"Hgbhgbgh... hmbhh?" Ruchiru muttered. She got up too fast and stumbled forward, prompting the kitsune to start some mix of tumbling and running down the cave.

"Huh? Wha?" Ruchiru fell on her face. "What's happening???" She tripped again and started tumbling towards Arrya.
"Hgbhgbgh... hmbhh?" Ruchiru muttered. She got up too fast and stumbled forward, prompting the kitsune to start some mix of tumbling and running down the cave.

"Huh? Wha?" Ruchiru fell on her face. "What's happening???" She tripped again and started tumbling towards Arrya.
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
Snarling in annoyance, Arrya held out a foot to stop the tumbling form of the kitsune.

“Look.” She roughly forced her up to a sitting position, pointing at the confrontation in the center.

“What can you do to help, brat?”
Snarling in annoyance, Arrya held out a foot to stop the tumbling form of the kitsune.

“Look.” She roughly forced her up to a sitting position, pointing at the confrontation in the center.

“What can you do to help, brat?”

» she/her/they
"Uh," Ruchiru stared at the giant grey wolf ahead of her. There could be a million different poetic words to describe this thing, but the only thing that Ruchiru could think of was,

"Wow. That is a big ugly wolf," she exclaimed. "I should punch it in the intestines."
"Uh," Ruchiru stared at the giant grey wolf ahead of her. There could be a million different poetic words to describe this thing, but the only thing that Ruchiru could think of was,

"Wow. That is a big ugly wolf," she exclaimed. "I should punch it in the intestines."
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
The dracon glared at the kitsune.

“And what can you do about it? Sit here and whine about it to me?” Arrya paced restlessly. “If this is what you’re going to do on the battlefield, you’re useless.”

She tested her wings, as if afraid whether they would work. As she lowered them, she added, “Go. Show me if you can ever get near that brute.”

As if on cue, the Wolf whirled, the fire in his eyes brighter than ever.

Yes, do send me more fresh meat, Fierceclaw.

The dracon glared at the kitsune.

“And what can you do about it? Sit here and whine about it to me?” Arrya paced restlessly. “If this is what you’re going to do on the battlefield, you’re useless.”

She tested her wings, as if afraid whether they would work. As she lowered them, she added, “Go. Show me if you can ever get near that brute.”

As if on cue, the Wolf whirled, the fire in his eyes brighter than ever.

Yes, do send me more fresh meat, Fierceclaw.

» she/her/they
"Hold up!" Ruchiru stood up. "Who are you callin' meat? You assuming my species or something?" The kitsune seemed to want to throw a tantrum.

"That's it! I'm gonna stab you! Now where's my... uh," she fumbled for the bag on her leg. After an awkward ten seconds, she drew her sword, and tumbled like a stray burrito ran towards Fenrir.
"Hold up!" Ruchiru stood up. "Who are you callin' meat? You assuming my species or something?" The kitsune seemed to want to throw a tantrum.

"That's it! I'm gonna stab you! Now where's my... uh," she fumbled for the bag on her leg. After an awkward ten seconds, she drew her sword, and tumbled like a stray burrito ran towards Fenrir.
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
Amatsu turned around to see Arrya and Ruichiru run towards her and the gigantic beast.

"Took them long enough." She grumbled to herself as she ran behind the wolf to deliver yet another attack.

As she was running, she yelled, "If you wanted to help, why didn't you help in the FIRST place!!!" Amatsu looked around another time for a rope, but didn't see one in sight.

Amatsu turned around to see Arrya and Ruichiru run towards her and the gigantic beast.

"Took them long enough." She grumbled to herself as she ran behind the wolf to deliver yet another attack.

As she was running, she yelled, "If you wanted to help, why didn't you help in the FIRST place!!!" Amatsu looked around another time for a rope, but didn't see one in sight.

Ap3M8iT.png
”UNGRATEFUL BRAT!” bellowed Arrya.

Spreading her wings, she soared into the fray, tackling Fenrir. As she held the struggling form down, she snarled through beads of sweat, “I could’ve chosen to kill you the minute I met you.

You know that, Amatsu. Yet you choose to hide it.”

Fierceclaw’s gaze hardened, and smoke began to curl off her still outstretched wings.

“You’ll thank me for this, fox runt.”

In a desperate frenzy, she groped for the shimmering thread that lay centimeters from her fingers as a scream loosed her lips.

“AAARRGGHHHH!”

The dracon whirled to face her opponent, who had planter his sword within her thigh, a smug expression on his face.

Looks like I’ll get a three course meal, laughed Fenrir. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
”UNGRATEFUL BRAT!” bellowed Arrya.

Spreading her wings, she soared into the fray, tackling Fenrir. As she held the struggling form down, she snarled through beads of sweat, “I could’ve chosen to kill you the minute I met you.

You know that, Amatsu. Yet you choose to hide it.”

Fierceclaw’s gaze hardened, and smoke began to curl off her still outstretched wings.

“You’ll thank me for this, fox runt.”

In a desperate frenzy, she groped for the shimmering thread that lay centimeters from her fingers as a scream loosed her lips.

“AAARRGGHHHH!”

The dracon whirled to face her opponent, who had planter his sword within her thigh, a smug expression on his face.

Looks like I’ll get a three course meal, laughed Fenrir. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

» she/her/they
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15