Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Use Familiar heart icon to bond
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
They'd have to figure out how to put an ad in the familiar-bonding popup to do something like that, I wager. Flashing ads whenever one changes pages is how they get to show ads. :mirrorshrug emoji:
They'd have to figure out how to put an ad in the familiar-bonding popup to do something like that, I wager. Flashing ads whenever one changes pages is how they get to show ads. :mirrorshrug emoji:
I literally came here to suggest this too.

If it was possible to make that heart an additional way of bonding with familiars (I was disappointing when it didn't let me) without being a great big pain, I think it would be fantastic to be able to just click those to bond. It would make it faster, easier, and less hard on the servers opening up multiple tabs to bond familiars.
I literally came here to suggest this too.

If it was possible to make that heart an additional way of bonding with familiars (I was disappointing when it didn't let me) without being a great big pain, I think it would be fantastic to be able to just click those to bond. It would make it faster, easier, and less hard on the servers opening up multiple tabs to bond familiars.
This is actually a pretty brilliant idea. Maybe make the heart change from pink to red when they've been bonded for the day (actually, do that even if this feature isn't added).
This is actually a pretty brilliant idea. Maybe make the heart change from pink to red when they've been bonded for the day (actually, do that even if this feature isn't added).
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
[quote name="ArchangelBeth" date="2019-02-07 19:20:05" ] They'd have to figure out how to put an ad in the familiar-bonding popup to do something like that, I wager. Flashing ads whenever one changes pages is how they get to show ads. :mirrorshrug emoji: [/quote] Maybe have it so that when you bond with the familiar and close the tiny window, the page automatically refreshes, which (I think) will generate new ads.
ArchangelBeth wrote on 2019-02-07 19:20:05:
Maybe have it so that when you bond with the familiar and close the tiny window, the page automatically refreshes, which (I think) will generate new ads.
Please ping me if you find yourself in need of my attention. If not, chances are I'm not going to be aware that I have a response. Enjoy the rest of your hopefully lovely day c:
[quote name="Adabat" date="2019-02-07 17:43:39" ] ohh yes please! The heart is absolutely begging to be a button! I thought that's what it was when I initially saw it! [/quote] I actually pressed the heart when I saw it, just to check... [quote]Maybe have it so that when you bond with the familiar and close the tiny window, the page automatically refreshes, which (I think) will generate new ads. [/quote] That is how it would most likely work anyways. You click bond, and it brings up a popup, and then when you close it, it refreshes the page, like most popups do.
Adabat wrote on 2019-02-07 17:43:39:
ohh yes please!

The heart is absolutely begging to be a button! I thought that's what it was when I initially saw it!
I actually pressed the heart when I saw it, just to check...
Quote:
Maybe have it so that when you bond with the familiar and close the tiny window, the page automatically refreshes, which (I think) will generate new ads.
That is how it would most likely work anyways. You click bond, and it brings up a popup, and then when you close it, it refreshes the page, like most popups do.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Bronzewing @Jetsharkdragon @Jemadar @bakurabox @DarkEmpress @Grune @TinnaMinor @Adabat @ArchangelBeth @Samayl @Ygdrasill @kinzcraft @Jemadar thank you all so much for your feedback! I hope this mass-ping isn't too rude, I just wanted to say a few things! [emoji=comment] I agree that the page refresh would be factored into confirming the familiar bond (like we already do), so there wouldn't be any issues with advertising. I also believe that a red heart isn't as clear as a grayed-out heart, and could be confusing visually, but I understand where you're coming from! for anyone interested, I also added visual examples to the original post!! So if you're a visual person like me, it's kinda cool to see a mock-up of the idea in action. [emoji=guardian laughing] thank you again! this will be the last time I ping you all like this, sorry! ^^;
@Bronzewing @Jetsharkdragon @Jemadar @bakurabox @DarkEmpress @Grune @TinnaMinor @Adabat @ArchangelBeth @Samayl @Ygdrasill @kinzcraft @Jemadar

thank you all so much for your feedback! I hope this mass-ping isn't too rude, I just wanted to say a few things!

I agree that the page refresh would be factored into confirming the familiar bond (like we already do), so there wouldn't be any issues with advertising.

I also believe that a red heart isn't as clear as a grayed-out heart, and could be confusing visually, but I understand where you're coming from!

for anyone interested, I also added visual examples to the original post!! So if you're a visual person like me, it's kinda cool to see a mock-up of the idea in action.

thank you again! this will be the last time I ping you all like this, sorry! ^^;
VXZZmOI.png
Ohhhhh I’d love something like this implemented! I am among the people who tried to click the heart when I first saw it, it just looked so clickable lol. I love the way your mock up looks too!
Ohhhhh I’d love something like this implemented! I am among the people who tried to click the heart when I first saw it, it just looked so clickable lol. I love the way your mock up looks too!
db5tugi-dc7cad0e-216e-4be0-a2e2-6df929902aba.png -- - Tru
- She / Her
- Dragon Lover

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
100% support this. I have ~100 dragons with familiars and bonding with all of them takes way too much time; a slightly quicker option would be lovely.
Edit: Oh, and if the heart indicates whether you've bonded, it might be a good idea to change it in some way besides color (to be colorblind-friendly), like putting lines through it or something.
100% support this. I have ~100 dragons with familiars and bonding with all of them takes way too much time; a slightly quicker option would be lovely.
Edit: Oh, and if the heart indicates whether you've bonded, it might be a good idea to change it in some way besides color (to be colorblind-friendly), like putting lines through it or something.
this is such a good idea while not my ideal solution it's a solution i like more than the current bonding we have!! i hope it gets added
this is such a good idea while not my ideal solution it's a solution i like more than the current bonding we have!! i hope it gets added
gOOHrVC.png PLEASE BUY MY DRAGON'S THEY'RE EATING ALL THE FOOD
Definite support. This is a great compromise for users who don't want a bond-all option because it's just "daily free money for no effort" and users who don't want to open tabs or flip though pages by the dozens (or hundreds) just to be able to bond with all their familiars each day. Allowing us to bond with familiars on the lair page is the easiest solution and is a great way to streamline the process.
Definite support. This is a great compromise for users who don't want a bond-all option because it's just "daily free money for no effort" and users who don't want to open tabs or flip though pages by the dozens (or hundreds) just to be able to bond with all their familiars each day. Allowing us to bond with familiars on the lair page is the easiest solution and is a great way to streamline the process.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8