Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Narrative Ideas
So....I've got to write a narrative.

And I have no idea what to write. Yall have any ideas??

My teacher is basing this whole project on the way Pixar explains their storymaking, AKA yes it's an interesting story idea but the fact that the characters have real-world issues, sometimes based off the author's experiences, makes you connect and feel for them.

...helpp its brain hurt time

Update: Kind of got the emotional ties part down, now just need a story/plot. yeehaw

Update 2: I think I have a solid ish idea now, thanks guys!
So....I've got to write a narrative.

And I have no idea what to write. Yall have any ideas??

My teacher is basing this whole project on the way Pixar explains their storymaking, AKA yes it's an interesting story idea but the fact that the characters have real-world issues, sometimes based off the author's experiences, makes you connect and feel for them.

...helpp its brain hurt time

Update: Kind of got the emotional ties part down, now just need a story/plot. yeehaw

Update 2: I think I have a solid ish idea now, thanks guys!
t3ZZoeU.pngFU8J6iH.pngEZybtWo.gifaT7Sqrk.gifXWlqR9r.png
Do something you relate to. I'm not sure if youre dealing with depression/anxiety/etc., but it is a common problem these days for people, and i feel that it would be relatively easy to write and execute, and for others to connect to.
What I mean is, don't make light of depression/anxiety/etc., but maybe the character is feeling rather down and blue and whatnot and something helps them or something i really dont know im not an author or a movie writer
Do something you relate to. I'm not sure if youre dealing with depression/anxiety/etc., but it is a common problem these days for people, and i feel that it would be relatively easy to write and execute, and for others to connect to.
What I mean is, don't make light of depression/anxiety/etc., but maybe the character is feeling rather down and blue and whatnot and something helps them or something i really dont know im not an author or a movie writer
@citriic ah yeah I was considering that... just having some trouble coming up with a story/character to connect it to, otherwise I'd have a whole heckin narrative by now
@citriic ah yeah I was considering that... just having some trouble coming up with a story/character to connect it to, otherwise I'd have a whole heckin narrative by now
@Kpribbit

What kinda genre's are within the prompt? What kinda genre's do you like?
@Kpribbit

What kinda genre's are within the prompt? What kinda genre's do you like?
XABZwLO.gif
@appyrose thats the thing, he made it very open and very vague. If there was a prompt I'd be set, but all he told us was to try and use the pixar storytelling methods.

And me, I like to read horror and natural disaster/scifi stuff, but I find it's easier to write about experiences I've had (which don't include horror/natural disaster). I'll probably take @/citriic's idea of writing about my anxiety/depression struggle, but like I told them I can't figure out a way to weave it into an original story. The story/plot is what I'm struggling the most with tbh
@appyrose thats the thing, he made it very open and very vague. If there was a prompt I'd be set, but all he told us was to try and use the pixar storytelling methods.

And me, I like to read horror and natural disaster/scifi stuff, but I find it's easier to write about experiences I've had (which don't include horror/natural disaster). I'll probably take @/citriic's idea of writing about my anxiety/depression struggle, but like I told them I can't figure out a way to weave it into an original story. The story/plot is what I'm struggling the most with tbh
@Kpribbit
Well, just think of things that could create a situation in which the main character isn't doing so well emotionally. Maybe they moved away from all their friends (thats too similar to inside out i just realized), maybe they feel left out/ignored at school, or maybe its something huge and exaggerated, maybe even borderline fantasy? Or the solution could be borderline fantasy, whatever it is.
Simply think of a situation in which this character's problems would make sense.
@Kpribbit
Well, just think of things that could create a situation in which the main character isn't doing so well emotionally. Maybe they moved away from all their friends (thats too similar to inside out i just realized), maybe they feel left out/ignored at school, or maybe its something huge and exaggerated, maybe even borderline fantasy? Or the solution could be borderline fantasy, whatever it is.
Simply think of a situation in which this character's problems would make sense.
@citriic I think I might have an idea now.. thank you! Ik it's pretty simple to insert a character into those situations, I just have a hard time thinking of those situations haha, thanks for the help!
@citriic I think I might have an idea now.. thank you! Ik it's pretty simple to insert a character into those situations, I just have a hard time thinking of those situations haha, thanks for the help!
@Kpribbit yeah no problem! If you need any more help, feel free to ping me- writing's one of my favorite hobbies
@Kpribbit yeah no problem! If you need any more help, feel free to ping me- writing's one of my favorite hobbies