Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | where did you start for lore?
1 2
@lapinehime When I start making up lore I decide which faction they’ll be a part of. Aldiun’s Sympathisers are generally horrible, selfish, or unsatisfied with their lot in life. Capone’s faction are in it for the money, indicted by existing members, owe the king pin something or want to make names for themselves. And then the general public dragons follow Lawgiver Maat and her progen parents Juniper and Eurydice.

After that, I give them a name and a clan role that’ll fit into their aesthetic, dress them and then see which of my existing lore dragons would associate with them/ have any sort of hatred or rivalries etc.

Aka Naos and Larimar are guards but they have a friendly rivalry (Naos lowkey has a crush on L tho)

Tourmaline and Polaris are love/hate roommates who live in T’s observatory

Musa and Cynthia are gay and they run a business together!

Zinnia worships the ground Aldiun lies on (he’s currently locked up) whereas Ariadne is traumatised from his abuse and wants nothing to do with him
@lapinehime When I start making up lore I decide which faction they’ll be a part of. Aldiun’s Sympathisers are generally horrible, selfish, or unsatisfied with their lot in life. Capone’s faction are in it for the money, indicted by existing members, owe the king pin something or want to make names for themselves. And then the general public dragons follow Lawgiver Maat and her progen parents Juniper and Eurydice.

After that, I give them a name and a clan role that’ll fit into their aesthetic, dress them and then see which of my existing lore dragons would associate with them/ have any sort of hatred or rivalries etc.

Aka Naos and Larimar are guards but they have a friendly rivalry (Naos lowkey has a crush on L tho)

Tourmaline and Polaris are love/hate roommates who live in T’s observatory

Musa and Cynthia are gay and they run a business together!

Zinnia worships the ground Aldiun lies on (he’s currently locked up) whereas Ariadne is traumatised from his abuse and wants nothing to do with him
@lapinehime Not written by me but I love my babies lore here if it inspires you (I have a extremely difficult time putting words to paper :( ) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37018086] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/370181/37018086_350.png[/img] [/url]
@lapinehime

Not written by me but I love my babies lore here if it inspires you

(I have a extremely difficult time putting words to paper :( )

37018086_350.png

@lapinehime My lore starts and are based on: - How they come to my lair (did I buy them off AH? did I buy them while they are at fodder floor? did I get them free from another user? Did I swap this dragon out before they were going to be exalted?) - Appearance (looks like fish? looks like tree? looks western? eastern? tribal? ice-y?) - What do my dragon like/hoard (flowers? food? treasure?) - I stalk the color wheel (I have a project food series, so its anything and everything to do with colors with food/fruit names. Maize? Beer. Wine? grape/red/white wine. Honeydew/cantaloupe/grape/peach/orange etc etc <3) Its also roles for me xD For example, I created some monsters and got art for them but I need to place it somewhere, so this dragon suddenly becomes the biologist and holds the monster gallery. Another example, I wanted to keep track of dragons that I was still somewhat attached to but had to exalt due to lack of space (that or I given it away and it got exalted) so I been wanting to keep track of these dragons, and as I was chatting with someone about naming a dragon (I have a dragon named rubydancer, then I got a dragon I wanted to name Sapphiredancer; too long so can't be done, so it was shortened to Ruby and sapphire) and my dancer lore series is born. Then I set a criteria for my lore series, in my gemstone dancer lore series - I listed 11 gemstone colors (or the closest) and my favourite dragon breeds and wanted a male and female dragon of each breed, to make up 11 flights. They all must have at least one color that is a gemstone name and their overall appearance needs to look like their respective flight, and thats it, they don't need to be from the right flight element. and here is garnet ^-^ Not fully satisfied and needs further editing but still my favourite so far. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30832939] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/308330/30832939.png[/img] [/url] Sorry for the wall of text ;o; hope this helps with creating your own lore! (I find talking about it with someone really helps, who knows when inspiration will strike)
@lapinehime

My lore starts and are based on:
- How they come to my lair (did I buy them off AH? did I buy them while they are at fodder floor? did I get them free from another user? Did I swap this dragon out before they were going to be exalted?)
- Appearance (looks like fish? looks like tree? looks western? eastern? tribal? ice-y?)
- What do my dragon like/hoard (flowers? food? treasure?)
- I stalk the color wheel (I have a project food series, so its anything and everything to do with colors with food/fruit names. Maize? Beer. Wine? grape/red/white wine. Honeydew/cantaloupe/grape/peach/orange etc etc <3)

Its also roles for me xD For example, I created some monsters and got art for them but I need to place it somewhere, so this dragon suddenly becomes the biologist and holds the monster gallery. Another example, I wanted to keep track of dragons that I was still somewhat attached to but had to exalt due to lack of space (that or I given it away and it got exalted) so I been wanting to keep track of these dragons, and as I was chatting with someone about naming a dragon (I have a dragon named rubydancer, then I got a dragon I wanted to name Sapphiredancer; too long so can't be done, so it was shortened to Ruby and sapphire) and my dancer lore series is born.

Then I set a criteria for my lore series, in my gemstone dancer lore series - I listed 11 gemstone colors (or the closest) and my favourite dragon breeds and wanted a male and female dragon of each breed, to make up 11 flights. They all must have at least one color that is a gemstone name and their overall appearance needs to look like their respective flight, and thats it, they don't need to be from the right flight element.

and here is garnet ^-^ Not fully satisfied and needs further editing but still my favourite so far.

30832939.png

Sorry for the wall of text ;o; hope this helps with creating your own lore! (I find talking about it with someone really helps, who knows when inspiration will strike)
tumblr_pcy9tzjJvI1rwcniio9_r1_540.png
@Dracana thank you! i'll definitely check your writing out c:

@Eiyora that's an awesome starting point, thank you so much! i'll check Garnet out.
@Dracana thank you! i'll definitely check your writing out c:

@Eiyora that's an awesome starting point, thank you so much! i'll check Garnet out.
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifefUQA7v.pngA4CLXPb.gif FR+1
@lapinehime

Wasn't written by me ^^
@lapinehime

Wasn't written by me ^^
@Dracana oops my bad! my reading comprehension is suffering today. but still, thank you for sharing it!
@Dracana oops my bad! my reading comprehension is suffering today. but still, thank you for sharing it!
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifefUQA7v.pngA4CLXPb.gif FR+1
My lore evolved but it has always retained the idea of my clan being a cult with my custom progen being the cult leader

it has gotten pretty intense as it evolved but I'm happy it has
My lore evolved but it has always retained the idea of my clan being a cult with my custom progen being the cult leader

it has gotten pretty intense as it evolved but I'm happy it has
Q11qPxO.png Formerly TheFamily
In posession of Savior, our one true leader
Feel free to PM me!
It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure for my clan lore, I remember making a list of... like... aesthetics/themes I associated with Ice or wanted to play with. Things like "isolated", "academic", "relics", etc.

I combined that with some real-world inspiration in the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, though you could just as easily use a fictional location or organization as a springboard!

Once you've got a solid clan concept down, it's a lot easier to start making up lore for your individual dragons.
It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure for my clan lore, I remember making a list of... like... aesthetics/themes I associated with Ice or wanted to play with. Things like "isolated", "academic", "relics", etc.

I combined that with some real-world inspiration in the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, though you could just as easily use a fictional location or organization as a springboard!

Once you've got a solid clan concept down, it's a lot easier to start making up lore for your individual dragons.
Birdie | 30 | FR+2
tumblr_inline_pahgynphez1r16a5d_540.png
Wishlist | Lore Thread
1 2