Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wavecrest Saturnalia Festival-Grounds
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/water_contest.png[/img] The [b]Wavecrest Saturnalia[/b] has arrived at last, and dragons from all over gather this week to celebrate the reclusive, prophetic Water flight, led by the Tidelord himself. The coral and smaller life-forms appear much more lively than usual, blooming in a rainbow of beauty. Even cavefish dare venture into the outside ocean, squinting against the light that filters in Lightweaver-blessed rays from between the waves far above. Many of the rays pass through coloured glass filters, changing their colour so as to paint the sandy ocean floor with a mosaic of moving light-petals. On the ocean floor, seagrass ripples and twists in the gentle currents, greener than ever before. It seems as though the whole ocean celebrates the Water flight in-line with the arriving dragons. Sound flows as freely as it does in crystal-clear air, uninterrupted by the rippling water and bubbles. [b]Festivities take place entirely on the ocean floor.[/b] Upon slipping into the water, dragons are blessed with streamline, waterproof flesh, fur, and feathers, as well as a pair of tiny gills. Guardian dragons, native to the land, greet them and use their large, stiff fins to swim and guide the new arrivals to the festival grounds. Vendor stands consist of massive conch and oyster shells, carved appropriately so as to provide a window for their shopkeepers. Twin lady-spirals man (or woman. Horrible pun, sorry) the apparel conch, and a looming guardian takes care of currency conversion. A young, vibrant coatl squeaks directions to those running the fair from atop his best friend's, an imperial's, shoulder. Some of the more exotic stands lay perched on the edges of coral shelves, such stands including the foreign food stand, just in case a dragon dislikes water food, a few game stands, enchanted apparel, the Tidelord's sprite-keeper, and a speed-dating venue. Some of the games include a ring-toss, dart-throwing, arm-wrestling, a steam vent with a bell attached to it to test one's strength, and a number of memory games specifically for the children of the Arcanist. For hatchlings, a small park exists, constructed just for the festival. It lies just outside the fairgrounds, and is surrounded by a gate and guarded by three guardian dragons. Just outside the grounds is a cave where brave dragons can swim until they surface in the vast air pocket. This cave, however, is not for the faint of heart. Monsters, once-friends possessed by the Shade, lurk in the shadows. The cave is lit only by bioluminescence, and dragons are advised to stay in tight groups to avoid being ambushed by wandering Bonepriests and Citrine Cavejewels.[/center]
water_contest.png

The Wavecrest Saturnalia has arrived at last, and dragons from all over gather this week to celebrate the reclusive, prophetic Water flight, led by the Tidelord himself.

The coral and smaller life-forms appear much more lively than usual, blooming in a rainbow of beauty. Even cavefish dare venture into the outside ocean, squinting against the light that filters in Lightweaver-blessed rays from between the waves far above. Many of the rays pass through coloured glass filters, changing their colour so as to paint the sandy ocean floor with a mosaic of moving light-petals. On the ocean floor, seagrass ripples and twists in the gentle currents, greener than ever before. It seems as though the whole ocean celebrates the Water flight in-line with the arriving dragons. Sound flows as freely as it does in crystal-clear air, uninterrupted by the rippling water and bubbles.

Festivities take place entirely on the ocean floor. Upon slipping into the water, dragons are blessed with streamline, waterproof flesh, fur, and feathers, as well as a pair of tiny gills. Guardian dragons, native to the land, greet them and use their large, stiff fins to swim and guide the new arrivals to the festival grounds. Vendor stands consist of massive conch and oyster shells, carved appropriately so as to provide a window for their shopkeepers. Twin lady-spirals man (or woman. Horrible pun, sorry) the apparel conch, and a looming guardian takes care of currency conversion. A young, vibrant coatl squeaks directions to those running the fair from atop his best friend's, an imperial's, shoulder.

Some of the more exotic stands lay perched on the edges of coral shelves, such stands including the foreign food stand, just in case a dragon dislikes water food, a few game stands, enchanted apparel, the Tidelord's sprite-keeper, and a speed-dating venue. Some of the games include a ring-toss, dart-throwing, arm-wrestling, a steam vent with a bell attached to it to test one's strength, and a number of memory games specifically for the children of the Arcanist. For hatchlings, a small park exists, constructed just for the festival. It lies just outside the fairgrounds, and is surrounded by a gate and guarded by three guardian dragons.

Just outside the grounds is a cave where brave dragons can swim until they surface in the vast air pocket. This cave, however, is not for the faint of heart. Monsters, once-friends possessed by the Shade, lurk in the shadows. The cave is lit only by bioluminescence, and dragons are advised to stay in tight groups to avoid being ambushed by wandering Bonepriests and Citrine Cavejewels.

Eek's Accents
((RULES:

1. I don't want to see any OOC drama. If anything IC is brought to OOC in a negative format, the argument's instigator will swiftly be asked to leave the thread, and will not be permitted to return until next festival. If any drama is brought in from another source (ie. Thrage, Randall, etc.) the drama's instigator will not be permitted to return for two festivals.

2. Please ping anyone who is mentioned in your posts. Do so at the beginning or dead end of each post. This is so no-one misses mention of them or accidentally ignores another Rper, and no-one has to go searching through others' posts to see if their partner(s) have/has responded.

3. Upon making your first post in the thread, please send me (Ikelu #35647) a message detailing the name of your clan, the name(s) of the dragon(s) participating in the festival, your username, and your ID number.

4. Upon leaving the RP, as in your dragons depart, please send me yet another message detailing the dragon(s) departing, your clan name, your username, and your ID number. I will have a list posted for those involved that I will constantly be updating, so I'd appreciate a little help in that department.

5. Be nice. Really, it's not that hard, and it will make everyones' experiences a lot better.
6. This is a FR-related RP thread ONLY. No non-dragon characters (aside familiars, but they don't get their own posts) will be permitted in this thread. Any out-of-festival RP is also not permitted in this thread. That must be taken to a different thread.

7. No spamming. Pretty simple.

8. Put brackets ( [[ ]] (( )) {{ }} ) around any OOC (out-of-character) text.

9. Please keep OOC communication to a minimum. No separate posts for OOC communication will be permitted; OOC text may only be included at the top or bottom of an IC post in order to avoid spam. Pings do not have to be in brackets.

10. Enjoy the festival!))
((RULES:

1. I don't want to see any OOC drama. If anything IC is brought to OOC in a negative format, the argument's instigator will swiftly be asked to leave the thread, and will not be permitted to return until next festival. If any drama is brought in from another source (ie. Thrage, Randall, etc.) the drama's instigator will not be permitted to return for two festivals.

2. Please ping anyone who is mentioned in your posts. Do so at the beginning or dead end of each post. This is so no-one misses mention of them or accidentally ignores another Rper, and no-one has to go searching through others' posts to see if their partner(s) have/has responded.

3. Upon making your first post in the thread, please send me (Ikelu #35647) a message detailing the name of your clan, the name(s) of the dragon(s) participating in the festival, your username, and your ID number.

4. Upon leaving the RP, as in your dragons depart, please send me yet another message detailing the dragon(s) departing, your clan name, your username, and your ID number. I will have a list posted for those involved that I will constantly be updating, so I'd appreciate a little help in that department.

5. Be nice. Really, it's not that hard, and it will make everyones' experiences a lot better.
6. This is a FR-related RP thread ONLY. No non-dragon characters (aside familiars, but they don't get their own posts) will be permitted in this thread. Any out-of-festival RP is also not permitted in this thread. That must be taken to a different thread.

7. No spamming. Pretty simple.

8. Put brackets ( [[ ]] (( )) {{ }} ) around any OOC (out-of-character) text.

9. Please keep OOC communication to a minimum. No separate posts for OOC communication will be permitted; OOC text may only be included at the top or bottom of an IC post in order to avoid spam. Pings do not have to be in brackets.

10. Enjoy the festival!))

Eek's Accents
((List of those dragons participating presently:

Podge - Tundra - Clan Geebawug - Shugs (41280)
Michizeebee - Imperial - ¨
Bubblegum - Wildclaw - Clan Vartreis - Felixitous (42131)
Chesapeake - Fae - ¨
Dauphine - Skydancer - Skullweald Swamp Clan - Skullflower (47182)
Laveau - Spiral - ¨
Kith - Skydancer - Clan Ira - Ikelu (35647)
Seraphine - Imperial - ¨ ))
((List of those dragons participating presently:

Podge - Tundra - Clan Geebawug - Shugs (41280)
Michizeebee - Imperial - ¨
Bubblegum - Wildclaw - Clan Vartreis - Felixitous (42131)
Chesapeake - Fae - ¨
Dauphine - Skydancer - Skullweald Swamp Clan - Skullflower (47182)
Laveau - Spiral - ¨
Kith - Skydancer - Clan Ira - Ikelu (35647)
Seraphine - Imperial - ¨ ))

Eek's Accents
Podge, a splash tundra with rose wings, pranced happily as she led her lair mate to the festivities. Her blue eyes sparkled as she glanced back to the Imperial. He had been the only one interested in going, and even then, he hadn't shown much enthusiasm.

"We're almot there, Zee, come on, hurry up!" Her bubbly voice sounded as she caught sight of the coast. "At least act excited," she chastised.

The Imperial grinned. "It's not that Im not excited, I just..." he stopped as the tundra looked at him. "I'm excited!" He protested, gruffly.

@Felixitous
Podge, a splash tundra with rose wings, pranced happily as she led her lair mate to the festivities. Her blue eyes sparkled as she glanced back to the Imperial. He had been the only one interested in going, and even then, he hadn't shown much enthusiasm.

"We're almot there, Zee, come on, hurry up!" Her bubbly voice sounded as she caught sight of the coast. "At least act excited," she chastised.

The Imperial grinned. "It's not that Im not excited, I just..." he stopped as the tundra looked at him. "I'm excited!" He protested, gruffly.

@Felixitous
Clinging quietly to Bubblegum's back, Chesapeake's splash-freckled crests twitched excitedly. She had been only hours old when she was sent from her Water home to Clan Vartreis - mind you, she loved her clan and wouldn't have traded them for anything - and she was elated at the idea of returning to the realm for the festivities. Her large blue eyes widened at the sight of the water, small talons clutching at Bubblegum's neck. "We are near. Please hurry."

The diminutive Wildclaw sighed and twitched his pink wings around her. "Hey, I know, Ches, calm down. You're lucky I even offered to bring you. I hate that stupid cave." Despite his harsh tone, he had to fight to keep the smallest of smiles off his face. The little Fae girl had just reached adulthood on the first day of the Saturnalia, and though she suited the Light clan well, he was glad to help her get in touch with her roots.

He spotted a couple of dragons up ahead and, flashing a little grin at Chesapeake, quickly trotted over to them, the younger Fae giggling all the while.

"Hello there!" he called to the Tundra and Imperial. He tried not to be intimidated by the size of the Imperial, as he was small, even for a Wildclaw. One stray step, and he and Chesapeake would be crushed. "Headed for the Wavecrest Saturnalia Festival, too?" Chesapeake looked up, her crests twitching in further excitement. New dragons! Festival! Today was so much fun!

@Shugs @Skullflower ((Sorry for the late response! It's almost finals week for me @_@))
Clinging quietly to Bubblegum's back, Chesapeake's splash-freckled crests twitched excitedly. She had been only hours old when she was sent from her Water home to Clan Vartreis - mind you, she loved her clan and wouldn't have traded them for anything - and she was elated at the idea of returning to the realm for the festivities. Her large blue eyes widened at the sight of the water, small talons clutching at Bubblegum's neck. "We are near. Please hurry."

The diminutive Wildclaw sighed and twitched his pink wings around her. "Hey, I know, Ches, calm down. You're lucky I even offered to bring you. I hate that stupid cave." Despite his harsh tone, he had to fight to keep the smallest of smiles off his face. The little Fae girl had just reached adulthood on the first day of the Saturnalia, and though she suited the Light clan well, he was glad to help her get in touch with her roots.

He spotted a couple of dragons up ahead and, flashing a little grin at Chesapeake, quickly trotted over to them, the younger Fae giggling all the while.

"Hello there!" he called to the Tundra and Imperial. He tried not to be intimidated by the size of the Imperial, as he was small, even for a Wildclaw. One stray step, and he and Chesapeake would be crushed. "Headed for the Wavecrest Saturnalia Festival, too?" Chesapeake looked up, her crests twitching in further excitement. New dragons! Festival! Today was so much fun!

@Shugs @Skullflower ((Sorry for the late response! It's almost finals week for me @_@))
Banner for Muckmarket Hatchery
Muckmarket Poll Raffle: fill out polls, win prizes!
Kith screeched to a halt at the water's edge, staring through the glimmering refractions to gawk at the festival far below. She looked up at Seraphine, craning her neck. "Seraphine!" the tiny Skydancer baby squeaked, "how are we going to breathe down there?" Her body language clearly betrayed her fear, anxiety, and bewilderment; other dragons on the festival grounds seemed to be breathing just fine, yet they were likewise underwater.

She was so screwed if Quintel found out she'd 'borrowed' his daughter for the day, but Seraphine couldn't resist. The little thing wouldn't be a babe for much longer, and she was simply far too cute. "Magic. The water gives dragons gills so we can breathe down there," Seraphine explained calmly. "Now come on. We should go meet the others." With that, giving Kith no time to respond, Seraphine lifted her long body and dove into the water, keeping her eyes closed and her nostrils sealed until the enchantment kicked in. That familiar ache soon began in her neck, and within a moment, she felt her flesh and scales splitting to form razor-sharp gills. She took a deep breath, enjoying the sensation of water rushing through her system, being forcefully split into oxygen and regular water.

Upon cracking one eye open, Seraphine watched tiny Kith struggle to swim, beating her rocky front paws through the water. She inched forward, but mostly spun in a jagged, wonky circle. Chuckling, Seraphine reached forward to gently grasp Kith's scruff. "Hold onto my back," she advised, barely wincing as the Skydancer fledgeling wrapped her paws around her mane.

She started slow at first, just to make sure Kith could hold on. After a moment, however, Seraphine spread her wings and beat them forward, pushing great volumes of water behind her and propelling herself forward. Her long body snaked and coiled in the ocean as she dove towards the festival grounds.

Billows of sand bloomed from the sea floor as she came to a halt just above it. "Hold onto me until you figure swimming out, okay, Kith?" Seraphine requested softly, her voice audible over the rush of the ocean's current. The little Skydancer nodded and let go of Seraphine's mane with all but her pliant tail, clinging to the hairs like a seahorse to seaweed. Both turned their attention towards the fractured surface, barely squinting against the rays of light that filtered down. "Looks like we'll have company soon," commented the great Imperial on the figures gathered near the water's edge. They were blurry from the water, and Seraphine could hardly make them out, but they were dragons, for sure.

@Felixitous @Shugs
((If you few dislike my habit of bolding dialogue, I can stop doing it. It's something I picked up from detailed forum RP years ago.))
Kith screeched to a halt at the water's edge, staring through the glimmering refractions to gawk at the festival far below. She looked up at Seraphine, craning her neck. "Seraphine!" the tiny Skydancer baby squeaked, "how are we going to breathe down there?" Her body language clearly betrayed her fear, anxiety, and bewilderment; other dragons on the festival grounds seemed to be breathing just fine, yet they were likewise underwater.

She was so screwed if Quintel found out she'd 'borrowed' his daughter for the day, but Seraphine couldn't resist. The little thing wouldn't be a babe for much longer, and she was simply far too cute. "Magic. The water gives dragons gills so we can breathe down there," Seraphine explained calmly. "Now come on. We should go meet the others." With that, giving Kith no time to respond, Seraphine lifted her long body and dove into the water, keeping her eyes closed and her nostrils sealed until the enchantment kicked in. That familiar ache soon began in her neck, and within a moment, she felt her flesh and scales splitting to form razor-sharp gills. She took a deep breath, enjoying the sensation of water rushing through her system, being forcefully split into oxygen and regular water.

Upon cracking one eye open, Seraphine watched tiny Kith struggle to swim, beating her rocky front paws through the water. She inched forward, but mostly spun in a jagged, wonky circle. Chuckling, Seraphine reached forward to gently grasp Kith's scruff. "Hold onto my back," she advised, barely wincing as the Skydancer fledgeling wrapped her paws around her mane.

She started slow at first, just to make sure Kith could hold on. After a moment, however, Seraphine spread her wings and beat them forward, pushing great volumes of water behind her and propelling herself forward. Her long body snaked and coiled in the ocean as she dove towards the festival grounds.

Billows of sand bloomed from the sea floor as she came to a halt just above it. "Hold onto me until you figure swimming out, okay, Kith?" Seraphine requested softly, her voice audible over the rush of the ocean's current. The little Skydancer nodded and let go of Seraphine's mane with all but her pliant tail, clinging to the hairs like a seahorse to seaweed. Both turned their attention towards the fractured surface, barely squinting against the rays of light that filtered down. "Looks like we'll have company soon," commented the great Imperial on the figures gathered near the water's edge. They were blurry from the water, and Seraphine could hardly make them out, but they were dragons, for sure.

@Felixitous @Shugs
((If you few dislike my habit of bolding dialogue, I can stop doing it. It's something I picked up from detailed forum RP years ago.))

Eek's Accents