Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how did you meet your other half?
1 2
@Pups

I met my husband at a Renaissance festival. He was visiting a friend from out of state. Said friend had recently started dating my sister. The four of us met up at the festival and my now-husband was kind enough to entertain me so I didn't have to watch my sister making out all day long. There was some flirting, but I really thought I'd never see him again.

Several months later he gets my phone number from my sister and calls me. Then we flirted online a LOT and talked almost every day. About a year after we met, we got to see each other again (at the same Renaissance festival).

Since we still hit it off, we decided to try to see each other in person as much as possible. We dated long distance for almost two years, then we moved in together.

Another three years after that, we got married. It's been seven years of marriage now and we still flirt with each other and enjoy talking (also video games, traveling, Flight Rising, and Renaissance festivals).

I wouldn't say it was love at first sight for us, but there was a connection. I was lucky enough to find love with someone who is also my best friend and I can't imagine it any other way.
@Pups

I met my husband at a Renaissance festival. He was visiting a friend from out of state. Said friend had recently started dating my sister. The four of us met up at the festival and my now-husband was kind enough to entertain me so I didn't have to watch my sister making out all day long. There was some flirting, but I really thought I'd never see him again.

Several months later he gets my phone number from my sister and calls me. Then we flirted online a LOT and talked almost every day. About a year after we met, we got to see each other again (at the same Renaissance festival).

Since we still hit it off, we decided to try to see each other in person as much as possible. We dated long distance for almost two years, then we moved in together.

Another three years after that, we got married. It's been seven years of marriage now and we still flirt with each other and enjoy talking (also video games, traveling, Flight Rising, and Renaissance festivals).

I wouldn't say it was love at first sight for us, but there was a connection. I was lucky enough to find love with someone who is also my best friend and I can't imagine it any other way.
37DVNcQ.pngmGeS6Yc.png6qRiT6A.png
My girlfriend and I met on another virtual pet site forum years ago. We'd been friends for a couple of years, but after my ex broke up with me(whom I'd met on the same site) she was shoulder to cry on and I'd sorta let it slip that I liked her, then she told me that she'd been crushing on me while I was with my last girlfriend. Met up the following summer and then she moved out here a few years ago and we've been living together for almost 3 and a half years
My girlfriend and I met on another virtual pet site forum years ago. We'd been friends for a couple of years, but after my ex broke up with me(whom I'd met on the same site) she was shoulder to cry on and I'd sorta let it slip that I liked her, then she told me that she'd been crushing on me while I was with my last girlfriend. Met up the following summer and then she moved out here a few years ago and we've been living together for almost 3 and a half years
Already taken by a sweet girl

FurAffinity|DeviantArt|DragonAdopters Memorial Forum

Xbox LIVE: HotRodimusPrime
Steam/PSN: TRozok21
I met my fiancé online (on a dating site).
We could've met naturally, we ran in the same circles and already had many mutual friends, the website basically just introduced us to each other.

I wouldn't say the timing was perfect, we both had some growing up to do, but we grew together.
I met my fiancé online (on a dating site).
We could've met naturally, we ran in the same circles and already had many mutual friends, the website basically just introduced us to each other.

I wouldn't say the timing was perfect, we both had some growing up to do, but we grew together.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

1 2