Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Blocked Users Actually Blocked Site-Wide
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28
Hello everyone.

Please return to the topic of discussion of this thread and please keep in mind Flight Rising's Rules and Guidelines when posting. Personal attacks are not acceptable on the FR forums. If this thread goes far off topic again and attacks continue, this thread will be locked.

Thanks!
Hello everyone.

Please return to the topic of discussion of this thread and please keep in mind Flight Rising's Rules and Guidelines when posting. Personal attacks are not acceptable on the FR forums. If this thread goes far off topic again and attacks continue, this thread will be locked.

Thanks!
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
[quote name="Ankokou" date="2014-04-26 10:08:42"]I'd support two tier or a modular blocking system. A modular system would enable player control, allowing you to enable or disable different account blocks, the example on the two tier being you do not care if you buy dragons for them but understand the want. An example with the modular system and added features would be the ability to prevent or allow blocked users from purchasing your dragons. Many people do not care if people they dislike give them money, but with some people considering any exalted dragon harassment, they may want to prevent this. Right now, I just ignore people instead of blocking them. However, I fully understand why those who use it would want it to do more. I do agree the current one is very lacking, I would like to see it taken further. This is going off on a tangent, but here are some things I feel it is missing as well as possible options for a modular system. (Some of which are already features of the current one) 1) Entirely hide that the blocked person has even posted, not just the contents of their post. 2) Hide threads that they've made 3) Block profile comments 4) Hide their AH listings 5) Block them from buying your dragons or AH listings 6) Block PMs This way, for example, you could just quietly blacklist someone, disable their AH listings and nothing else. The blacklisted person would not feel blocked should they try to contact you, causing more ill feelings, while you could avoid contributing to them easily. They would not even know their AH listings did not appear for you. Should their attempts to contact you turn in to harassment, enable more blocking features and contact staff.[/quote] I really love this idea. c: People can be irritating in a lot of little different ways - I know some people I find to be annoying while posting, but I couldn't care less if they bought a dragon from me while others I don't want to see at all - so having an array of options that the block covers would be great.
Ankokou wrote on 2014-04-26 10:08:42:
I'd support two tier or a modular blocking system.
A modular system would enable player control, allowing you to enable or disable different account blocks, the example on the two tier being you do not care if you buy dragons for them but understand the want.
An example with the modular system and added features would be the ability to prevent or allow blocked users from purchasing your dragons. Many people do not care if people they dislike give them money, but with some people considering any exalted dragon harassment, they may want to prevent this.

Right now, I just ignore people instead of blocking them. However, I fully understand why those who use it would want it to do more.

I do agree the current one is very lacking, I would like to see it taken further.
This is going off on a tangent, but here are some things I feel it is missing as well as possible options for a modular system. (Some of which are already features of the current one)
1) Entirely hide that the blocked person has even posted, not just the contents of their post.
2) Hide threads that they've made
3) Block profile comments
4) Hide their AH listings
5) Block them from buying your dragons or AH listings
6) Block PMs

This way, for example, you could just quietly blacklist someone, disable their AH listings and nothing else. The blacklisted person would not feel blocked should they try to contact you, causing more ill feelings, while you could avoid contributing to them easily. They would not even know their AH listings did not appear for you.
Should their attempts to contact you turn in to harassment, enable more blocking features and contact staff.

I really love this idea. c: People can be irritating in a lot of little different ways - I know some people I find to be annoying while posting, but I couldn't care less if they bought a dragon from me while others I don't want to see at all - so having an array of options that the block covers would be great.
unOOPnZ.png
Signature image by the lovely Cactusbat
The thing with 'remember who your blocked users are' is that people on my blocklist have changed their usernames multiple times since I implemented the block- often I don't even remember what I blacklisted them for, but they remain there because I will assume they ended up there for good reason.

I don't want to give treasure to people I've blocked. I don't want to see people I've blocked anywhere. I don't want to have any type of interaction with people that have been rude and awful to me in the past because they're trying to circumvent their reputation.

tl;dr definite support.
The thing with 'remember who your blocked users are' is that people on my blocklist have changed their usernames multiple times since I implemented the block- often I don't even remember what I blacklisted them for, but they remain there because I will assume they ended up there for good reason.

I don't want to give treasure to people I've blocked. I don't want to see people I've blocked anywhere. I don't want to have any type of interaction with people that have been rude and awful to me in the past because they're trying to circumvent their reputation.

tl;dr definite support.
tumblr_inline_neg4f1HZyZ1rhxwp5.png
Support, for sure. I'm horrible with names, and to be honest why would I want to have to keep track of another tab when I'm browsing the auction house? I don't really see anything wrong with lessening the inconvenience for users who have blocked others.
Support, for sure. I'm horrible with names, and to be honest why would I want to have to keep track of another tab when I'm browsing the auction house? I don't really see anything wrong with lessening the inconvenience for users who have blocked others.
Support!
Support!
Support. Even though I haven't felt the need to block anybody yet (I don't traverse forums often), I can see why it would be a good option to have more comprehensive blocking. I like the modular system that has been suggested, it offers a good level of variability.
Support. Even though I haven't felt the need to block anybody yet (I don't traverse forums often), I can see why it would be a good option to have more comprehensive blocking. I like the modular system that has been suggested, it offers a good level of variability.
Support, but I'm in the camp that would prefer usernames be marked in the AH so I can make the decision myself as to whether or not I buy from someone. I don't object to buying food or other things from someone I've blocked because those transactions are anonymous, but I don't ever want to purchase a dragon off someone on my block list because it inextricably links my lair to their account for as long as I own that dragon, and they own the parents.
Support, but I'm in the camp that would prefer usernames be marked in the AH so I can make the decision myself as to whether or not I buy from someone. I don't object to buying food or other things from someone I've blocked because those transactions are anonymous, but I don't ever want to purchase a dragon off someone on my block list because it inextricably links my lair to their account for as long as I own that dragon, and they own the parents.
VgR98md.png
I support, and I really like Ankokou's suggestion. I can think of numerous situations where different "levels" of block might be needed. Blocked from forums, blocked from transactions, block from any contact, what-have-you. The whole purpose of blocking should not be to shun someone, it should be a tool used to allow two opposing parties to continue to play the game their way, in peace. I think this could definitely help that.

edit:
Out of curiosity, does the current system include the words of a block user that were then quoted by another user? I have seen this occur on other sites. I had blocked someone but everything they posted was quoted by others, which then became visible to me, defeating the purpose of the block. (The system was such that quoting someone would get them Notified of the reply, so it makes sense that they were quoted.)

If it is not currently part of the blocking system, I suggest that Quotes of the blocked party be included.
I support, and I really like Ankokou's suggestion. I can think of numerous situations where different "levels" of block might be needed. Blocked from forums, blocked from transactions, block from any contact, what-have-you. The whole purpose of blocking should not be to shun someone, it should be a tool used to allow two opposing parties to continue to play the game their way, in peace. I think this could definitely help that.

edit:
Out of curiosity, does the current system include the words of a block user that were then quoted by another user? I have seen this occur on other sites. I had blocked someone but everything they posted was quoted by others, which then became visible to me, defeating the purpose of the block. (The system was such that quoting someone would get them Notified of the reply, so it makes sense that they were quoted.)

If it is not currently part of the blocking system, I suggest that Quotes of the blocked party be included.
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
I support for the sort of "multiple tiers" of blocking, and for the name colouration sort of thing in the AH? The only user I have ever blocked apparently has changed their username back and forth to several different things as well as to their original again, so sometimes I know it's them, and sometimes I don't. I don't care if they buy things from me personally, since I've never actually interacted with them, they don't know me, and probably won't be one of those people who "revenge exalts" or whatever, but I also don't want to see their username or dragons in the Auction House. Just because too frequently I have gone and found a nice dragon, and then seen their name on it. Just saves me the hassle uwu;
I support for the sort of "multiple tiers" of blocking, and for the name colouration sort of thing in the AH? The only user I have ever blocked apparently has changed their username back and forth to several different things as well as to their original again, so sometimes I know it's them, and sometimes I don't. I don't care if they buy things from me personally, since I've never actually interacted with them, they don't know me, and probably won't be one of those people who "revenge exalts" or whatever, but I also don't want to see their username or dragons in the Auction House. Just because too frequently I have gone and found a nice dragon, and then seen their name on it. Just saves me the hassle uwu;
___________ Incorporeal Substance ___
sev | he/they
gamedev | writer | artist
tarot adopts | pixel adopts
____9hqcHsy.png
x8YqlBy.gif
11efmKl.png
J7D1quC.png
[quote name="TigerLily" date="2014-04-26 14:12:41"]Out of curiosity, does the current system include the words of a block user that were then quoted by another user? I have seen this occur on other sites. I had blocked someone but everything they posted was quoted by others, which then became visible to me, defeating the purpose of the block. (The system was such that quoting someone would get them Notified of the reply, so it makes sense that they were quoted.) If it is not currently part of the blocking system, I suggest that Quotes of the blocked party be included.[/quote] The current system does not do that. If someone else quotes a user you blocked, you'll see what the user you blocked had posted (anything that was quoted anyway)
TigerLily wrote on 2014-04-26 14:12:41:

The current system does not do that. If someone else quotes a user you blocked, you'll see what the user you blocked had posted (anything that was quoted anyway)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28