Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | ~*~EARTH DAY RAFFLE!~*~ CLOSED
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21
*waves* ^____^

- My family recycles bottles...
th_3.jpg
- Drinking tap water right now xD Bottle water tastes icky >_< ....
th_1.jpg
- We use reusable shopping bags...closet is over flowing lol ...
th_2.jpg
- I'll be using cloth diapers on my baby *soonish* instead of disposables :) Got them ordered!

edited in some pics!
*waves* ^____^

- My family recycles bottles...
th_3.jpg
- Drinking tap water right now xD Bottle water tastes icky >_< ....
th_1.jpg
- We use reusable shopping bags...closet is over flowing lol ...
th_2.jpg
- I'll be using cloth diapers on my baby *soonish* instead of disposables :) Got them ordered!

edited in some pics!
tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gifHatcherySig.png
Oh lets see...

I study Conservation Biology (I'm taking a year off atm) with the goal of working on endangered species restoration.

I don't own a car but use a bicycle or public transportation to get around.

I recycle, use homemade shopping bags, compost when possible... participate in the local time bank, volunteer at the farmers market with a program that helps families on government assistance to afford local grown/organic food. Belong to the local transition town movement...

it's kind of a thing with my family.

This is essentially my backyard. Mount Monadnock http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sJqd8hOlmfs/TLcdGuTCbGI/AAAAAAAADNg/IkvMy4Z-dtk/s1600/MtMonadnockNHfromSouthwest_Full.jpg
Oh lets see...

I study Conservation Biology (I'm taking a year off atm) with the goal of working on endangered species restoration.

I don't own a car but use a bicycle or public transportation to get around.

I recycle, use homemade shopping bags, compost when possible... participate in the local time bank, volunteer at the farmers market with a program that helps families on government assistance to afford local grown/organic food. Belong to the local transition town movement...

it's kind of a thing with my family.

This is essentially my backyard. Mount Monadnock http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sJqd8hOlmfs/TLcdGuTCbGI/AAAAAAAADNg/IkvMy4Z-dtk/s1600/MtMonadnockNHfromSouthwest_Full.jpg
My campus prides ourselves on our greenness and we have a garden thing out front with flowers!

Like YeAH!
My campus prides ourselves on our greenness and we have a garden thing out front with flowers!

Like YeAH!
tumblr_osj9l6G4Fp1s8qczso1_r3_540.png
@Ritter you can make a new post if it is easier for you. The one post per ticket is mostly to make calculating easier. Have fun!
@Ritter you can make a new post if it is easier for you. The one post per ticket is mostly to make calculating easier. Have fun!
tumblr_inline_nswmw14FcU1qiwi8o_500.gifA6Z4Mua.giftumblr_inline_nswmw14FcU1qiwi8o_500.gif
Okay finally have a moment to post some photos to earn tickets and share my green habits for this raffle! Thanks to everyone involved in putting this on (and for the Earthday newbie giftbaskets, that was wonderful!) I only drink tapwater and keep my filtered water jug full! :) [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/madmagnus/FlightRising/5679631e-901f-43b6-a2dd-681ccfaa91d4_zps33075d97.jpg[/img]
Okay finally have a moment to post some photos to earn tickets and share my green habits for this raffle! Thanks to everyone involved in putting this on (and for the Earthday newbie giftbaskets, that was wonderful!)

I only drink tapwater and keep my filtered water jug full! :)
5679631e-901f-43b6-a2dd-681ccfaa91d4_zps33075d97.jpg
And here is my reusable shopping bag collection! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/madmagnus/FlightRising/IMG_07681_zps0abf6a05.jpg[/img]
And here is my reusable shopping bag collection!
IMG_07681_zps0abf6a05.jpg
And last for now, my recycling bins :) I'll probably post once more for a ticket earned towards the fact I ride my bike everywhere. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/madmagnus/FlightRising/IMG_07641_zpsedead24b.jpg[/img]
And last for now, my recycling bins :)
I'll probably post once more for a ticket earned towards the fact I ride my bike everywhere.
IMG_07641_zpsedead24b.jpg
Okay me again and this is me on a subway with my Metrocard! Also never take selfies on moving vehicles oops.

Yeah!
Okay me again and this is me on a subway with my Metrocard! Also never take selfies on moving vehicles oops.

Yeah!
tumblr_osj9l6G4Fp1s8qczso1_r3_540.png
Oh, I love this! Encouraging and rewarding taking care of our planet gives me all sorts of earthy feelings. Let's see...
  • I've just emptied out my recycle bins, so I don't have any pics of all the things I make sure get tossed back into the recovery cycle.
  • I've been cleaning up my yard, especially all the firewood that I recovered from fallen trees that I had gathered from my neighborhood. Cheaper and better than burning lots of oil to heat this place!
  • I'm planning out my tasks in reviving the gardens at my house, so I get to enjoy more lovely bumblebees and hummingbirds as well as birds visiting my feeders. I might even enjoy planting some tasty veggies and hopefully some yummy strawberries!
  • All this gardening and yard work is giving me plenty of plant waste for the compost pile in the backyard, which occasionally I add my food wastes to encourage more decomposition. I started doing this stuff since I learned it from my mother and grandmother, when I helped push the wheelbarrow when they were gardening.
  • I've been trying to bring my well up to snuff so I might have to rely less on city-piped water. Also, I've been trying to increase my water intake, so I picked up a simple filter pitcher to keep cool water on hand at home, as well as reusable water bottles.
  • I've been looking to clear some invasive plants from my yard and replacing them with a few new saplings of a couple trees. Given time, they will make for a great shady reading spot when they are better grown!
I hope everyone gets to enjoy some of the outside world in celebration of Earth Day, whether it be in your own yard, the local park, or in the great outdoors. I personally am looking forward to a nice relaxing hike at a nearby state park.
Oh, I love this! Encouraging and rewarding taking care of our planet gives me all sorts of earthy feelings. Let's see...
  • I've just emptied out my recycle bins, so I don't have any pics of all the things I make sure get tossed back into the recovery cycle.
  • I've been cleaning up my yard, especially all the firewood that I recovered from fallen trees that I had gathered from my neighborhood. Cheaper and better than burning lots of oil to heat this place!
  • I'm planning out my tasks in reviving the gardens at my house, so I get to enjoy more lovely bumblebees and hummingbirds as well as birds visiting my feeders. I might even enjoy planting some tasty veggies and hopefully some yummy strawberries!
  • All this gardening and yard work is giving me plenty of plant waste for the compost pile in the backyard, which occasionally I add my food wastes to encourage more decomposition. I started doing this stuff since I learned it from my mother and grandmother, when I helped push the wheelbarrow when they were gardening.
  • I've been trying to bring my well up to snuff so I might have to rely less on city-piped water. Also, I've been trying to increase my water intake, so I picked up a simple filter pitcher to keep cool water on hand at home, as well as reusable water bottles.
  • I've been looking to clear some invasive plants from my yard and replacing them with a few new saplings of a couple trees. Given time, they will make for a great shady reading spot when they are better grown!
I hope everyone gets to enjoy some of the outside world in celebration of Earth Day, whether it be in your own yard, the local park, or in the great outdoors. I personally am looking forward to a nice relaxing hike at a nearby state park.
Bump!
Bump!
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21