Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | SOLVED! thx
I was just making a short story for my creative writing class, and I've finished writing and revising it (all that's left is the workshop 0,0') but I cannot for the life of me, think of a title for it

I love titles that can mean one thing, and then once the story is read, it's clear it's using a different definition. Or like a word that perfectly describes the situation
(for example, last year I wrote a story about a god that was kinda reduced to a child-like state because the whole world was forgetting about him and his story, and I titled it Oblivion, which means: 1)state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening (which fits the protagonist's mindset as he had no idea there was even a problem, much less what it was) 2) State of being forgotten [especially by public] (again, he's being forgotten by masses))

I'm usually pretty good at coming up with titles, but I have no idea what I want for the one I just wrote

The one I just wrote starts out with a couple on a date, going through a festival. The woman hasn't seen her husband in a very long time, and spends a lot of the story reminiscing, then towards the end of the story, it's revealed that her husband is actually dead (he died 20 years ago), and he came back to guide her to the afterlife (and by extent it's revealed she'd been dead since the story started) and it so happens to be when a festival is going on (it's actually a lot fluffier than it sounds bc this couple is VERY affectionate with each other)

AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO NAME IT! I was hoping that I could come up with something clever, but my brain is racking up empty cuz this isn't the only class I need to write for :\

Anybody have any ideas? (gonna ping some writer friends that I know on here too)

@Tupelo @Goldenwingsdream @Tugsten @Fernytear
I was just making a short story for my creative writing class, and I've finished writing and revising it (all that's left is the workshop 0,0') but I cannot for the life of me, think of a title for it

I love titles that can mean one thing, and then once the story is read, it's clear it's using a different definition. Or like a word that perfectly describes the situation
(for example, last year I wrote a story about a god that was kinda reduced to a child-like state because the whole world was forgetting about him and his story, and I titled it Oblivion, which means: 1)state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening (which fits the protagonist's mindset as he had no idea there was even a problem, much less what it was) 2) State of being forgotten [especially by public] (again, he's being forgotten by masses))

I'm usually pretty good at coming up with titles, but I have no idea what I want for the one I just wrote

The one I just wrote starts out with a couple on a date, going through a festival. The woman hasn't seen her husband in a very long time, and spends a lot of the story reminiscing, then towards the end of the story, it's revealed that her husband is actually dead (he died 20 years ago), and he came back to guide her to the afterlife (and by extent it's revealed she'd been dead since the story started) and it so happens to be when a festival is going on (it's actually a lot fluffier than it sounds bc this couple is VERY affectionate with each other)

AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO NAME IT! I was hoping that I could come up with something clever, but my brain is racking up empty cuz this isn't the only class I need to write for :\

Anybody have any ideas? (gonna ping some writer friends that I know on here too)

@Tupelo @Goldenwingsdream @Tugsten @Fernytear
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
Maybe something with 'bliss'?
Bliss:
1. perfect happiness, great joy (fluffy couple, great memories of her husband, seeing her husband again)
2. a state of spiritual blessedness, typically that reached after death (since she's been death all along)
3. reach a state of perfect happiness, oblivious of everything else (since she's not aware of the fact she's been death herself)
Maybe something with 'bliss'?
Bliss:
1. perfect happiness, great joy (fluffy couple, great memories of her husband, seeing her husband again)
2. a state of spiritual blessedness, typically that reached after death (since she's been death all along)
3. reach a state of perfect happiness, oblivious of everything else (since she's not aware of the fact she's been death herself)
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda

ooh I like that, I REALLY like that
@Maevepanda

ooh I like that, I REALLY like that
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
@keet
The first thing that came to my mind was “The Spirit of Love”.......Cause “love is the only thing we take with us when we die” sorry, thats from Photograph by Ed Sheeran. Well a paraphrased version anyways.

I like the bliss thing too, so maybe somehow work that in there.
@keet
The first thing that came to my mind was “The Spirit of Love”.......Cause “love is the only thing we take with us when we die” sorry, thats from Photograph by Ed Sheeran. Well a paraphrased version anyways.

I like the bliss thing too, so maybe somehow work that in there.
djME0U2.gif
I wish I could help @keet but I am the worst with story titles. Here are my tries tho, (aslo, sorry for late reply, I go to school and work back to back):
Immortalize/Immortals- self explanitory.
Eulogize, which is to praise someone but it also shares a meaning with eulogy.
I wish I could help @keet but I am the worst with story titles. Here are my tries tho, (aslo, sorry for late reply, I go to school and work back to back):
Immortalize/Immortals- self explanitory.
Eulogize, which is to praise someone but it also shares a meaning with eulogy.
Place a beehive on my grave
And let the honey soak through.
When I'm dead and gone,
That's what I want from you.
My deviantart
Code:
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=raf&id=124
@Fearnytear
OMG ITS YOU!!!
-HUGS-

thanks! I like the suggestions
@Fearnytear